It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media says government's reaction to WikiLeaks 'troubling'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I damn sure signed the petition, if enough people sign it might at least make a small impact.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I have to admit I chickened out too. I get their newletter as I've signed other petitions, but haven't done so yet with this issue. It just felt like I would be voluntarily signing my name onto a hit list for governmental retribution.

Sad that the thought should even have crossed my mind, but it did, and strongly.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
OK, just signed it, using only my first name, country and email address, which is no more information than they could get out of me from here on ATS.

BTW, the email address I use for this is ONLY used for ATS and is registered under a pseudonym.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom_is_Slavery
reply to post by Bun-G

Wikileaks petition
623,892 have signed - over 300,000 in 24 hours! Let's reach 1,000,000

Signed!

IRM

edit on 14/12/10 by InfaRedMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Originally posted by wayno
I have to admit I chickened out too. I get their newletter as I've signed other petitions, but haven't done so yet with this issue. It just felt like I would be voluntarily signing my name onto a hit list for governmental retribution.

Just sign it whats the worst that could happen the way it's going allot more than a million people will sign this thing.
And you already use the website anyway whats the big problem?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Freedom_is_Slavery

Good find. Thanks.

In a nutshell,

Support freedom of expression and freedom of the press.

Not to mention, "Save democracy." 'Cuz that's what's on the table.

If Assange is prosecuted and godforbid, gets convicted - we might as well burn the Bill of Rights literally, in public, not just figuratively in the courts.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Definitely it is very important we get behind this, imagine at time when we actually knew what the government where doing behind the curtains.
It would make choosing who had a place in the system a whole lot easier

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Just to let you know, after watching ShroedingersDog's video here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I signed the petition. It is the right thing to do.
Now lets get on alert -- there's a "war" abrewin.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by nik1halo

I really want to sign this, but paranoia is creeping in and I'm wondering if I really want to give out the information that they are asking for.

There's too many of us. 'Their' only option is surrender or a merciful death

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

And nik1halo - lose the paranoia! There's safety in numbers.

...Please remember - The President needs backing to stand up to the machine. NOTHING can be done without us. Please, please - use your voice.

Support freedom of expression, and Freedom of the Press.

Sign the Petition.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Siddharta
The problem this time is, that many politicians try to use this, to get rid of a free press.
Here is one of those new word constructions:

The speaker of the Hungarian parliament has called for controls on online news reporting to stop "information terrorism". According to Politics.hu Laszlo Kover said: "Given the leak of the documents was intentional it must be called information terrorism... It is necessary to devise a method to prevent similar cases in the future."

Guardian

If we would accept, that they come up with such things, than they easily could stop every free speach, calling it "information terrorism".
i agree with you totally but you also have to realize THIS MUST BE DONE. doing nothing or saying nothing will only speed their facist agenda up. whether wl is for or against us is niether here nor there because if they have given us anything its HOPE!.. I hear people discussing this wl episode every day now from people who before now didnt have a clue about what is happening around them. this sneaky form of tyranny were they steal small amounts of freedom (not enough to rile the masses too much) in exchange for security is not only criminal its international treason. all these small amounts add up to the bigger picture. you dont need an over imaginitive mind to work out the math. the thing is they are doing this so subtly that they hope nobody or very few will detect this evil cunning plan. those of us who are fortunate to have awoken to this vile agenda MUST see this as a form of hope.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
signed

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Not so long ago a certain Mr President of the US of A was so toating about how he'll make things more transparent... and look at us now.. HYPOCRITES.. Lie to the people you serve, and instead of being our waiter, you'll be our main course. Believe that. Many great nations fell the exact same way, bringing down corrupt politicians with it.

Watch out Big Bro and Big Sis.. cuz your UNCLES and AUNTS are here.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

If you have facebook or some other social network site post it so we can all try and get everyone exposed to signing this try and make it pretty much go viral that no matter where you look it's there

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
If this is information terrorism someone put all the MSM in jail please. Id like to sue them as well for constantly using fear to drive their news. I see whats on the news and worry and wonder are we next? Its terrifying.

The MSM uss information terrorism to gain support for whatever is important to them at the time.

Iraq in the media before it was attacked, all you heard about was WMD's and not waiting for smoking gun proof. Scary to say the least.

Same is happening in Iran.

Don't be fooled, all the upper echelon of society wants to control the gulf region and middle-east for self preservation. Proof is in the actions of the governments. Too bad we don't have the strength to TRULY stand for what we beleive instead of signing a USELESS petition that will be SQUASHED before it sees any light of day.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

On what basis has Gillard declared the Wikileks disclosures "illegal." Is the Australin PM the arbitrator of what is legal and what is not legal now? Since when has the Australian people given her that right???

cheers

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Originally posted by nik1halo
I really want to sign this, but paranoia is creeping in and I'm wondering if I really want to give out the information that they are asking for.

I signed my real name, phone number and used my official email, I would have gladly given my address too. I stand for what I believe.

If we want our secretive goverments who keep us all in the dark while letting our hard earned money flow freely through their paws, we need people who will stand up for openess and uncover the darkness and lies and when they are brave enough to do that we must be brave enough to stand by them.
edit on 14-12-2010 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Keep it open. Wiki is the best thing to happen to us since sliced bread. Or the internet i suppose..

Ex

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ka119

I am also proud to sign the petition and glad Micheal Moore is throwing his weight around!

Perhaps the next war won't be so easy because the tables have been turned -- and now it's Big Brother who's being watched ... by us! WikiLeaks deserves our thanks for shining a huge spotlight on all this. But some in the corporate-owned press have dismissed the importance of WikiLeaks ("they've released little that's new!") or have painted them as simple anarchists ("WikiLeaks just releases everything without any editorial control!"). WikiLeaks exists, in part, because the mainstream media has failed to live up to its responsibility. The corporate owners have decimated newsrooms, making it impossible for good journalists to do their job. There's no time or money anymore for investigative journalism. Simply put, investors don't want those stories exposed. They like their secrets kept ... as secrets.

Why I'm Posting Bail

Let's not kill the messenger, but think what might have happened
if we had Wikileaks before Bush went in Iraq!
edit on 12/14/2010 by Ex because: To Include Link

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

It is bit like:

Col'n Power was the guilty Party over the whole IraqGate affair because he was the one showing
the Powerpoint Presentaion to the World. But the real guilty ones are in the Back Room laughing their heads
off as they got away with it. No wait, he really did get burned and they really did get away with it.

And Assange did not steal anything he only presented it.
And the people who did steal it have gotton away with it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join