It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To all those 'Whiners' complaining about the wealthy !!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
To start with, I am NOT rich in the sense of inheritances, big wins on a lottery, large handouts, huge salary...... Contrary to the opinions of some on this site I DO still need to work to earn a living and enjoy life.....

I have become increasingly aware though of a hatred towards those deemed 'Rich' or 'well off' and various comments aimed at current Government figures or others whom appear to be in power.....who are trying to make 'changes which unsettle the applecart of some'

I just want to say that it is easy to complain and critisize and protest and scream it's not fair... The recent 'student' demonstrations have also illustrated, to most I think that there was a more Political trouble making element to all of that.

I'd like you to read this article about a group of individuals whom during WW2 sacrificed themselves regardless the fact that they were ''stinking rich'' !!

www.bbc.co.uk...

My point is that ''in great times of need'' Good and Honest people REGARDLESS of backgrounds do things for the right reasons and I am getting a little tired of those in todays EASY world (by comparison) who continually complain and whine about those with money and use that sole reason to try and make an easy political point.....

In fact if we could ban party politics completely then I would make that happen today. Most today let old fashioned prejudices and political viewpoints STOP any form of potential change for the good of us all...

PDUK

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Good post

I grew up in a wealthy family but I was raised to work for my money and respect it so one day I could make myself wealthy like my parents were able to do

My hole life I have had people give me a hard time about it, even though I worked legally since I was fourteen and did loads of work for my dad before that so I could buy my own things.
It's sad too... The people that gave me a hard time were the lazy kids who skipped school and got money from their parents every day.

Most people just want something for free, it's just lazy

GummB
edit on 14-12-2010 by GummB because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
Contrary to the opinions of some on this site I DO still need to work to earn a living and enjoy life.....

How did you come to be in that sad position, and why did some on this site believe to the contrary?

Recently I suffered an inebriated vitriolic sermon about rich c****s as some personification of all such things where the speaker needed an example, for his audience to somehow appreciate the evil at the core of my being and that of all "rich c***s". I believe he instead succeeded in full in his mindless self-disclosure as a lazy, unemployable, abusive ill-informed festering cesspool of self-pity and loathsomeness.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I don't think there is anything wrong with being wealthy.

To me what matters is how the wealth was accumulated.

Inheritances and such are not an issue. If someone doesn't deserve it, exhibit self control, they will plow through it until nothing is left. Those that deserve it preserve it.

I have issues with company serfdom (cheap labor) and illegal accumulation (e.g. piracy)

I also have issues with the wealthy who don't recognize Noblesse Oblige, that with great wealth comes great responsibility. This is the most important aspect in my view.
edit on 14/12/10 by MikeboydUS because: !

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Iv got no problem with the wealthy and tbh I havnt seen that many posts on here having a go at the rich.

I must admit though that I think the top pay in some jobs is over the top, and I do have a problem with toffs who are born rich and become politicians then screw people with less than them selves because they are clueless to how how the have nots live.
edit on 14-12-2010 by ThePeopleParty because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
House slaves had always been known throughout centuries for siding with their masters for being fed scraps off their table and gaining enforced pat on the backs from them.

And this thread is waiting for other household slaves to speak up bootlickingly.

Enjoy the scraps, while the field slaves and exiles are left to die.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

I also don't see many poster attacking the average wealthy people..

It's more against the blood sucking banksters, the unscrupulous corporations and the corrupt politicians..

It's not that you have money but how you got it and how much blood and suffereing of others was involved..

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I still say let's drop the social service programs, and then we can see just how low those high salaries will go when companies are forced to keep their own employees alive instead of expecting the middle class to do it for them!

and well, if you got your riches through real estate, wall street, or the banking industry, chances are good, it is profit through scam, and the middle class are the ones that are gonna bear most of the costs of that one!!!

as far as charity goes, I am sorry, but the most charitable thing a person can do is enable a person to fullfill his own needs by providing employment with a wage that will do that....not ship those jobs to countries where they can get the cheapest labor possible!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I complain not against the rich. I am a firm beliver that what you give in life you shall receive. What ticks me off is all those that have the wealth, the power, and yet they do nothing. I have raised not only myself, but my son in the belief that honnor is above all else. Those in power, those with the wealth should do more to protect those they wish to rule. I am reminded of a saying, from a movie, a favorite of mine if you will, " There is a difference between us. You believe the commoners should provide you with wealth. I believe your wealth should provide them with freedom." Forgive me if it it is not accurate, but you know what I mean. Since when in the hell does wealth and giving a few dollors here and there make you a saint? It doesn't. Only your strength will. Rich or not, we are all stuck in the same boat, like it or not. In the end, only our souls will be able to tell us apart. If you have the money, then try to insure those that are less fortunate have a glimpse of what it is like to live " high on the hog". Not that you should give them everything, but just a glimpse of what is possible.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
if it wasnt for the rich i wouldnt have anyone to pirate

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
When you need to go back 70 years to find an example of the wealthy being selfless, you've pretty much lost the argument. In today's reality the bankers and moneymen have only one goal in life, cheat and steal their way to the corner office and the biggest yacht.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
But you're wealthy at the expense of other people. This is what Capitalists cannot understand. You're supporting a system that puts billions of people in a position of poverty and hardship. A life of slavery metaphorically, in many cases, literally.

A BBC propoganda piece pumping smoke up the a*se of the elite won't change that.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I have a friend that is wealthy. I found that his wealth was a blessing and a curse.
The curse being that most people will try to be-friend him hoping to get something out of it, not liking him for himself, but liking him for his money, really sad and quite lonely.

On the other hand, we have the wealthy, like my father’s heart surgeon. In 1998 was charging $25000 per by-pass operation and was doing 3 a day. This is a SIN against man-kind. The $25Grand was the surgeon cut not the total cost. The surgeon does deserve to be well compensated for his skill, but over 19 million a year is way over the top.
When I was a child our family doctor lived in our same neighbourhood and lived the same life as his patients. This is no longer the norm.

In closing let me remind all about the Ultra-Rich in that -

ALL GREAT FORTUNES IN THIS WORLD WERE STARTED FROM AN ILLEGAL ACT !
edit on 14-12-2010 by brokedown because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

There isn't any viable alternative.

Communism isn't viable. It creates an even larger divide between the haves and have nots, slows progress, and creates a bureaucratic collectivist nightmare.

The aquisition and holding of capital is the only viable alternative. Humans by nature are territorial and possess a social hierarchy, not much different than canines and other primates. Capitalism takes advantage of that and focuses it.

Systems like Anarchism and Communism disregard human nature though, which is why they are not viable. Human nature always trumps philosophy or ideology.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I'm not against rich people as such, I'm more against the mega wealthy and the huge gap between them and the poor.

Money buys power, it can breed corruption and greed. Not great things to encourage in society.

edit on 14-12-2010 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

There isn't any viable alternative.

Communism isn't viable. It creates an even larger divide between the haves and have nots, slows progress, and creates a bureaucratic collectivist nightmare.

The aquisition and holding of capital is the only viable alternative. Humans by nature are territorial and possess a social hierarchy, not much different than canines and other primates. Capitalism takes advantage of that and focuses it.

Systems like Anarchism and Communism disregard human nature though, which is why they are not viable. Human nature always trumps philosophy or ideology.

Human nature or conditioned thought? I've travelled to many countries and have seen the opposite. Argue it won't work en mass by all means... But to claim Anarchism or Communism go against human nature is outright wrong.

It goes against Western greed.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   

You should study up on our primate cousins.

All primates are naturally territorial and possess social hierarchies.

In human terms, territory is natural capital and social hierarchy is government. Its an instinctive not learned behavior. Small children, just like puppies, began to exhibit social positioning and territorial dominance before they are really taught anything. Go visit a daycare and you can see all manner of human behavior at work.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
i have never had a credit card and i never bought a new car,..i work on my own.(it's hydrogen assisted at 1ltr. per min.)
i grew up seving the rich here in sarasota. i say round the cheap penny pinching scum up and take everything they have and burn it right in front of them or sell their belongings to compensate for the bailout money,..ha!
Most of the elite arround me talk about working hard,...but,when you get down to working hard we find that it was all given to them even their tough time of "working" for dada.
Have you ever built a ceptic tank,built a motor,poured concrete,drawn a portrait,waited a table,changed a diaper on an elder,taught a child to read,given CPR,held an artery shut?, na not you.
we will live without your money,...it will be wortless soon anyway.
i have worked since the of 14.i am 40 now and still lean and fit.
I am holding on to a house hold of 4 children and have never taken a dime of Government handouts.
we own our home ,..the difference? I worked for mine. You and/or your kind took advantage of others stepped up on the backs of others.If you didn't bleed and sweat you didn't work.
The attitude is "well if they are ignorant and lazy,i can take advantage of them,...they deserve it."
We are waiting,...and we're not taking your things or home we will burn it in front of you.
No multi millionare got their gains honestly,...not one.
survival of the fittest doesn't mean the most money.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

exactly why my children don't go to day care,...they all started reading and writting at 2yrs.
i am training many young people to control the animal and overcome the disadvantages in social structure.
My young people are amazing.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by human32826

Thats good.

The world needs more parents like you. Too many parents don't teach their children self control. Self control is an essential key to success and prosperity.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join