It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Gives In Cetus? Google Sky Coordinates 2 26 33 -04 41 37

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocky Black

Thats funny stuff... but seriously.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Here are some enhanced captures:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

You may be on to something there. I wish we had access to all nasa unedited stuff.

I had a friend who worked at nasa and I asked him about imagery he said you have to have special clearance to access drives with imagery. Not many people have that type of clearance.

Why would astrological photo's have to be classified at a need to no basis.

Classified, secret you still do not have that kind of access.

One must ask ones self.

Is this a matter of natioanl security?

I find it unbelieveable that with all the telescopes up there we cannot have real upclose images.

But we can zoom in to a crab nuebula 20 million ligh years away.

We are not alone.

If they tell us what is up there.

Then people will not believe in religion.
People will have no fear of the rath of god. not like they do now but you know what i mean.
Anarchy

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Are you using Wordwide telescope for that image?

Just wondering . I have spent months going through the images with all the neet types of filters and the what not.

RB

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
***HERE THERE BE DIRECTIONS TO OBJECT***

Originally posted by Rocky Black

Are you using Wordwide telescope for that image?

Just wondering . I have spent months going through the images with all the neet types of filters and the what not.

RB

From my earlier posts:

"However...
I did find this at these coordinates at the apparent end (bottom) of the vertical line in the Wikiksky.org "DSS2" Survey
02 22 40.68 -07 16 19.2"

"These coordinates work in wikisky.org, but do the following after you paste the coordinates into the search box and click the magnifying glass to search:

Once you've pasted and clicked to search, click the "mouse" icon in the upper left hand corner (Beta Sky Browser Version 2). Then pan in almost all the way. Wait for a few seconds for the image to load. Pan in and out slightly as necessary. The "disk" is as plain as the nose on my face..."
edit on 12/14/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: header

edit on 12/14/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: line

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
It's pull a muscle time (it's a stretch)...

Cetus The Sea Monster
When Cassiopeia, wife of King Cepheus of Ethiopia, boasted that she was more beautiful than the sea nymphs called the Nereids she set in motion one of the most celebrated stories in mythology, whose characters are commemorated in the sky. In retribution for the insult to the Nereids, the sea god Poseidon sent a monster to ravage the coast of Cepheus’s territory. That monster is represented by the constellation Cetus.
www.ianridpath.com...

>
Geneva Study Bible
1 [23] And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and [1] saw a beast rise up [2] out of the sea, having seven heads and [3] ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, [4] and upon his heads [5] the name of blasphemy.

COUNT THOSE LITTLE BLOBS IN THE CIRCLE
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ba4096184675.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

People will have no fear of the rath of god. not like they do now but you know what i mean.
Anarchy

Why would you worship a god that wants you to fear him? Seems more likely that the 'fear of god' was the fear of what the church would do to you if you refused to believe...

I hear they put to death a Christian lady in Pakistan because she dared offer water to a Muslim family... I see no punishment of god in that act...

Anarchy would be good... no worse than the slaughter we have now

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
No idea what You found there OP , but its very interesting . I wonder what the observatory will reply to You about that email . I hope our resident astronomy experts (we do have some besides Phage ...right ? ...
) might share their opinion on what that might be .

Edit : It stands out from the surrounding area ,even after you zoom out quiet much
edit on 14/12/10 by Thill because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thill
No idea what You found there OP , but its very interesting . I wonder what the observatory will reply to You about that email . I hope our resident astronomy experts (we do have some besides Phage ...right ? ...
) might share their opinion on what that might be .

Keck will probably laugh and throw my email into the circular file.
I would like to hear from some resident astronomers.

PHAGE has been missing in action since November 18th, 2010.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Well they should at least give you some generic BS replay if they decide to throw it out and I am just curious as to how they will classify it . Did You check in other sky survey programs if the same "anomaly" exists ? To rule out a software malfunction .

Hmm shame about Phage , even thou he pretty much destroys every interesting threads with his logic , I would still like to read his opinion

Also You might think about sending an email to a few other observatories (dosent take much time to add more to the sender list) and maybe at least one will take it semi serious

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thill

Hmm shame about Phage , even thou he pretty much destroys every interesting threads with his logic , I would still like to read his opinion

Also You might think about sending an email to a few other observatories (dosent take much time to add more to the sender list) and maybe at least one will take it semi serious

Somehow I think his "absence" gives him a certain "advantage"
Perhaps I will send some other observatories emails as well.
I've checked the area against other sites. It seems to only appear in the wikisky.org beta DSS2 survey.

edit on 12/14/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

edit on 12/14/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: 'nother typo

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Moore like fear of going to hell vs heaven.

If you commit sins and do not repeant.

No if there is no god then there is no hell and the what not.

Now I can do anything because I have no fear of burning forever in hell.

If you told 10 million people they have been giving money to a church they believed in themk you told them it was all a scam and that the truth is about aliens what do you think would happen to socieity. ANARCHY.

That is why we are kept in the dark and the american people keep sheeling out millions.

I am a catholic and believe in god and jesus as his son.

If I commit sins and lead a life of sin the I suffer the said punishiment.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Anarchy

Why would you worship a god that wants you to fear him? Seems more likely that the 'fear of god' was the fear of what the church would do to you if you refused to believe...

The "fear of god" is actually meant to be "in awe of god". The original hebrew translation suggests it's actually to be "in awe of" and not to "fear" god, which makes a lot more sense.

When I read the bible for the first time that's what confused me the most, but after looking online and seeing the other interpretation it made more sense.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Super kool find! I wonder if it's a stargate?

Hey check this out. I played with your pic and came up with this...

Now I am not an expert at pixels but I'd say that there are some strange things going on. For one thing, I'm seeing lots of machinery parts (pixelation?). And then I'm seeing something that looks like clouds. I'll be back with some close-ups in a minute.

On the pic above all I did was "crop", apply "black 'n' white" (took out all color), add "highlight" and then add the "light" feature with Picasa.

Starblossom

edit on 15-12-2010 by Antoniastar because: I boo-boo-ed again.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Okay here are some close-ups. I'll be back with even closer ones.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Most of the line segments are artifacts from aircraft, satellites, or meteorites, passing between the telescope and the area being imaged. There are indicators which can provide a hint as to which is which, for example, short-lived meteorites may show pointy ends with a brighter middle. Satellites frequently tumble with a regular period, and can show dashed lines. Airplanes will usually show the most solid, uniform line width, but can occasionally show slight wobbles from turbulence in the air. Here are some examples of each:

bbs.keyhole.com...

His example shows planes as red lines.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Antoniastar

Thank you for your work. The closeups you provided are merely pixelation. But the "object" still seems to be a circular ring of smaller spheres within a darker ring, with a bright sphere on the right hand side of the dark circular ring. I do not think this is merely pixelation.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

I understand what you say, but I still think that the "object" is not a result of pixelation or artifacts. It seems to be a circular "object" as I described in the post immediately above this one.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Antoniastar

- PS

What software did you use to enhance these photos?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Oh, I almost forgot. What makes me think this isn't an artifact or pixelation? you may ask.

Well, one thing is this: The object appears at the very end of the " vertical line of stars" which was the premise of this post. Following the lines led me to find this "object" at the bottom of the vertical line.

The other is the mythology factor. And that Cetus was also known as a "sea monster". Combine this with the odd times we're living in and the quote from Revelation. Simmer for 2 hours over low heat and voila: Wacky Theory.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join