It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is how you film a UFO! Dec 7th 2010

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Additional captures:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e544a4cfbd16.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f6e8fda1a910.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2a9b44bbacfc.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I just can not for the life of me, with assuming just how advanced alien technology could be, that there would be a necessity for blinking/flashing/rotating lights...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Enlargements of the the last three captures I posted:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
It actually made me go hmmm because there are 5 distinct lights with the center three apparently occilating left-right-left.

Yes if all UFO filmers would give us ones like this it would save a lot of frustration

Now show me an airplane that has oscillating center lights

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I would like to see the complete footage..! No strob lights, to me this looks like an UFO. Now I would like to see if there are any weird manoeuvers done by the craft.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomeBrew
I just can not for the life of me, with assuming just how advanced alien technology could be, that there would be a necessity for blinking/flashing/rotating lights...

So you mean that because they are more advanced, that they would not have navigational lights for the same reason we do?

Must be hell on a traffic controller on their home world at night

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
i was excited about this video till i saw that the user also posted this

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05
reply to post by davespanners

Are the colors on the diagram the same as what it should be up in the sky?

Yes red and green the same as they are on a ship. and white to the back. The idea is that when you approach another plane you know which side you are on by the color of light

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05
reply to post by davespanners

Are the colors on the diagram the same as what it should be up in the sky?

Yes red and green the same as they are on a ship. and white to the back. The idea is that when you approach another plane you know which side you are on by the color of light

So shouldnt we be seeing more different colored lights in the video i presented? That is why I asked that question. What do you think about this one Zorgon?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sc4venger

Theres also an issue in that we can't see what type of plane it is (or isn't) so we can't tell if it's a commercial plane or not, older planes didn't have strobes, they had rotating white lights (like the blue ones in old cop cars) that could give an effect like the video

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Similar was raised, oh about a year or two ago, on ATS.

Those are landing lights. Not common, but on some airplanes (most I've seen are private corporate biz jets) the landing lights are programmed to flash alternately, like that.

Here in the U.S., I've seen a few Southwest Airlines Boeing 737s (that's all they fly) that have that same feature.

I am guessing that Boeing offers it as an option...and Southwest purchased a few, from other operators, and that's how they cam equipped. I don't know if SWA ordered them from the factory that way....None of the airplanes I've flown have that function....so I'm wondering about it...seems I remember (this was many years ago) discussing it, as we sat there waiting to take off, and watching the approaching landing airplane....the light switch itself has a position for that function....because, at night, when you need them, you will want them to be steady, not flashing...so there's a "Steady" and "Flash" position, as well as "Off", of course.

BTW....it is common practice to turn on as many exterior lights you can, day or night (weather permitting) when below 18,000 feet. (The altitude is arbitrary, could be 10,000...no hard and fast rule). It's to make you more visible....and, when everybody does it, ALL can see each other better.

It's for "noise abatement" (as the old joke goes...)....

....the sounds of aluminum smashing together can get pretty loud, so we try to avoid that.....

!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sure enough, a quick search, found an archived (2003) chat on PPRUNE about it...and a theory, it is thought to distract, shoo away birds (?...could be....):

(This was funny!)

Maybe they're tied to the Capt's pulse rate -- faster when the FO is landing...

www.pprune.org...

Also, this discussion from 1997, about some biz jets, like the Hawker, etc:

www.kls2.com...@ohare.chicago.com%3E
edit on 13 December 2010 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
WHOA - Lightning?! - 1:10 - it happens directly in the lower RIGHT corner of the film at 1:12/13 - I have never seen lightning during weather conditions like that - let alone during some great UFO footage such as this.

Anyone else see this? Come on Mr. Weatherman, tell me what that is.
edit on 13-12-2010 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-12-2010 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Well done for giving me the right words to search to find this!

Flashing landing lights

* Many aircraft have a pulse system in their landing lights to make them flash automatically. It is an anti-collision measure. A lot of jets around here have a system that flashes the landing lights alternately on each side. Very attention-getting. Does that match what you're seeing?

edit on 13-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

This is 100% an aircraft on approach...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
i would be skeptical of any video with the tag fluffyjetproductions on its screen. l'll wait for a ufo video from a major studio production company, like industrial light and magic.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Trust me it's an airplane. One night I was driving home in the dark (I live 6 miles from the airport) and this same light sequence started flashing about 500 feet overhead. I nearly shat. Pulled over and even my skeptical wife was speechless and terrified. But once it got directly overhead, it was just a plain ol' airplane.

I was disappointed and went about my way.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
This one is b.s. First the video is from "FluffyJetProductions" secondly if you go to the video on Youtube and below where the numbers for how many viewers you will see the double arrow down for more info. There you will see how this person is keeping up with how well this video is doing. Strictly for attention. Prove this is not an airplane.

Show me one this clear that goes from coasting across the sky to a 45 degree exit doing the speed of sound. Then I might buy it.

I believe in the capability of us being visited from other planets, but this video isn't enough to prove anything.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Sigh. People ont realize that its impossible to geta ufo or anythingsharp because they are too far away. Try filming your car 5 miles away and u get the same results

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join