It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures of a time traveller? alternative energy device?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Hello all.....after a little digging, it seems this guy, Troy McQuinn (AKA nitrocosm) who lives in Middletown OH, where this so called time machine is hidden, is an Amateur radio operator (KD8FUD) / Web developer / Web comic artist / Amateur composer / Graphic artist, who is currently writing a web comic called 2214 about time travel, as can be seen here...

www.youtube.com...

also his commercial website is here...

pro.nitrocosm.com...

He also seems to have links to the music distribution company garnered from the bar code......along with the adobe photoshop product code!!

Looks like a bit of self promotion!!!!
edit on 11-12-2010 by chandlerbrujo because: missing text

edit on 11-12-2010 by chandlerbrujo because: text

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by namenone1

No need to U2U us the thread on that other site that you got this from, OP. We can all use google and other search engines. All I did was enter: "the exif data went to two people, Mary Oberheim and Troy McQuinn" as an exact phrase to search, that phrase being in a post you quoted straight from the other site in your first post on this thread.

So, I know where it is.

4chan.

'nuff said.

Mike

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Well how very highly creative.

I love ATS. We get to come to the bottom of these sorts of things quiet quickly.

One can only hope this fellows creative work is less disappointing then having the possibility of another grand theory spirited away.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Even if you take away it being from 4chan. which can be linked to the 2 people (both into anime) Can anyone debunk this?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by namenone1

Yes. Look a couple posts before your own.

Debunked!

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I'd start by pointing out that the "barcode" just happens to match the boxed set number for a version of photoshop. That sounds a bit odd to me. It would be pretty easy for a hoaxer to think, "Hey, I want to make up a bar code.. what can I use?" and his/her gaze focuses on the box for some Photoshop software.

I don't think that's an impossible scenario.

Then there's exif data showing images created in 1986. I'm not sure how that was done, but it's my understanding that we didn't have that kind of tech for placing such data within such images 24 years ago. However I could be wrong on that. I do know that EXIF v 1.0 was published in 1997. In May, I think...

Then there's just my gut feeling that it's simply a scam/setup/hoax (on that other forum) to attract attention to some new game. Lord knows there are so many games competing for business these days it must be hard to get a fair amount of notice without having a big marketing budget. Okay, gut feelings don't count for much in the nuts-and-bolts world but mine have saved me some grief a few times. And so, rightly or wrongly, I think the whole thing is just a hoax. Not on your part, OP. Please understand me on that! I'm talking about whoever got the whole ball rolling on this on that other site.

Mike

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by tetsuo

I have saved everything except videos. I have every single image from her deleted photobucket, and the qr code it is translates to this (check on my htc evo)

Okay, Miss Oberheim. So you lent your computer out to Miss Elberto?

Yes.

When was it returned to you?

Two weeks later.

And you didn't notice anything unusual?

Yes, I immediately noticed that my accounts were hacked.

Okay. And when did you confront Miss Elberto about this?

Two days later.

And you didn't ask who might have had access to it in her absence?

Yes, that was the first thing I asked.

Okay, okay.

It was in pretty bad shape so I...

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
hey you guys are pretty good investigators.

those pictures of the "room" look like one of those cheesy "myst" type games from the early '90s.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
The Pictures seemed like very obvious CGI to me...the shots of the papers on the table gave it away. You guys remember about that strange serie of video called Hornet something on about the Slander Man thing on YouTube....The video gave me the same vibe. Figured it was some elaborate publicity stunt.

about the box set thing referring to photoshop, probably because he photoshoped screen captures of the CGI work to make it look like less quality cellphone pictures. Because crystal clear picture would show its CGI
edit on 11-12-2010 by jesiaha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
WOW nice work! my my that was quick.
each have a thousand stars.

how do you even have the patience to get to the
bottom of the puzzle? outstanding.
I love ATSers you rock.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I really do believe the letterhead on the wall is wrong.
Don't know where they found it but if it is to make some sense in terms of depicting a theme of secret societies and hidden knowledge and stuff etc the second triangle should have been a bit smaller.

If as I suppose symbolizes the two largest pyramids in Egypt, the first being Khufu (Cheops) pyramid and the second being Khafre which is smaller and their difference in mass allegedly is an allegory of our own Suns mass difference with its slightly larger "brother" somewhere in the triple Sirius star system. So if the letterhead is really trying to pick that cryptic allegory then the second triangle should have been smaller and their difference relevant to the mass difference of both pyramids in Egypt.

editby]edit on 11-12-2010 by spacebot because: (no reason given)

Why do I believe it originally depicts the pyramids. At the top of the largest triangle there is a sun and a moon that allegorically hints to the celestial alignment of stars against the pyramid top which was used as kind of a calendar in ancient times, also both triangles seem isosceles like how the real pyramidal sides are in terms of geometry in both Egyptian pyramids, and of course the triangles are displayed against each other in a way the perspective used ought to make some sense in terms of a comparison (possibly size) between these two triangles, yet probably mistakenly both triangles are drawn about the same size.
edit on 11-12-2010 by spacebot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I agree with the other posters who say the pictures look cgi. I immediately thought of a computer game or something.

Nonetheless, interesting.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I am really fed up with those hoaxes, why are people still doing this? Are they craving their 15 minutes of fame? All these people making up hoax stories seem so pathetic, they're nothing more than attention whores. And I am not talking about the OP, I'm talking about the two people that started that. How can we expect for society to take the conspiracy theories and paranormal communities seriously and not as just a bunch of wackos and attention-seekers when there are people like that spreading hoaxes all over the place?

edit on 11-12-2010 by imnessie because: ...

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Just read this and it was pretty cool.

The phone number in the video, anyone try that? I tried but I get nothing... I tried 1-800- then the dial tone and a few others but nothing's coming up. If he's from Ohio someone should try dialing it with the area codes from there perhaps?

Right when the video switches put the phone next to the computer speaker, it'll work on it's own. Neat right?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I must disagree, for whatever it's worth- the pictures do not look CGI to me. Even if this is a hoax, it is a good one, and keeps me interested when I should be studying for finals! xox

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
It's threads like these that keep coming back to ATS, I've not posted anything in a while cos usually people don't discuss and digress the info like they used to, they only bark at each other, whereas this thread made me remember why I joined ATS all them years ago

Great thread and an interesting read, even if it did turn out to be hokey

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I know for a fact that this is a hoax because it was my artwork that was used without permission in its creation.

Because my personal contact information and artwork was thrown into this hoax, people are led to believe, with the help of a great deal of speculation, that I'm the one behind the hoax. I am not.

It was said that this hoax is a "shameless self promotion" of my horrible, sub-standard, huge waste of time of a web comic. While I agree that my web comic is terrible and will soon take the abomination of a site offline, I am not a hoaxer. This hoax is defamatory, publishes my personal contact information, and had led, as one would expect, to massive harassment via e-mail and telephone.

Please understand that I did not approve of this hoax. Whomever is behind this did so with the purpose of either hiding his identity by specifically targeting others or did it deliberately to cause me an awful lot of trouble. I lean toward the latter and have a couple of good ideas who it could be after all that has been posted.

Thanks for your time.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
If anyone still cares, I have converted the 2 smaller barcodes (QRCodes) and here's what they contain.

The one on the top left says:

tempa,latitudo,longitude,okazaĵo,asign
761763316,39.209585,-84.461504,2094322-A,B52301AF

And the second one converts into some more GPS coordinates:

39.418054,-84.165066,761778000
39.095899,-84.519159,761796660
39.209585,-84.461504,761806516
39.527297,-84.347866,761806516
39.507379,-84.358697,761819700
39.593456,-84.555070,762109200

I haven't had a chance to look at where these coordinates point to but I'll keep you updated when I do.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
The coordinates all correspond to houses and public places around town, here. Many of these I drive past quite often. There is not anything special at any of these locations.

I don't know who started this entire joke but please rest assured that whomever it is, he or she is playing a joke on everyone and that we shouldn't waste our time on this wild goose chase.

Since I live in the area, I could drive around some time and take photos of the locations, as long as it doesn't violate anyone's privacy, involve trespassing, or make me look suspicious for doing so. By doing this I could prove that these coordinates are nothing special or mysterious.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nitrocosm
The coordinates all correspond to houses and public places around town, here. Many of these I drive past quite often. There is not anything special at any of these locations.

I don't know who started this entire joke but please rest assured that whomever it is, he or she is playing a joke on everyone and that we shouldn't waste our time on this wild goose chase.

Since I live in the area, I could drive around some time and take photos of the locations, as long as it doesn't violate anyone's privacy, involve trespassing, or make me look suspicious for doing so. By doing this I could prove that these coordinates are nothing special or mysterious.

I know this has been debunked but what happended to this guy? From reading this post it seems like he went out to find out if there was something special out there and never came back.....It's only a few months old but still..

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2   >>

join