It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edwards funeral to be picketed by controversial church (westboro baptist)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I found this church's website and the places
they plan to picket this month.
www.godhatesfags.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ady37
These people follow the bible to the letter,

How so?

"Judge not, lest ye be judged"

"Love thy neighbor as thyself"

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"

Three examples directly from the bible right there that WBC refuses to follow.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic
taking away their right to free protest and speech CAN NOT be allowed...

100% in agreement.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
I vaguely remember this but on what grounds were they protesting the Amish?

I've got no idea why they decided to target them. Little Amish girls murdered in a school house. Honestly .. when you look at their excuses for protesting Elizabeth Edwards funeral .. that her husband is an alley cat .. how is that her fault and what does that have to do with her salvation? It's insane. There is no valid excuse. (as I'm sure you agree)

I just remember that there were meeting places set for people who were going to shield the Amish funerals but the day before the funerals a radio station (in Texas I think I remember) gave them some free airtime if they'd back off .. so they did.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Come on americans, you know the date and location.

Grab your rifles and do your country and the world a favour!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spinster

Sounds good. Not the solution. The solution would be to educate the public about the adamant support that comes from the likes of the ACLU. While the ACLU will protest a students right to pray in school, they will defend this nutcase church to disturb the solemness of a funeral.

What this idiot Fred Phelps fails to understand is that he's protesting the funerals of those who died protecting his right to protest funerals. It's only a good thing that this guy is old and the world won't have to put up with his BS any longer.

He also will condemn Elizabeth Edwards life while having total denial for his own sins. The day can't come soon enough to picket his funeral.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I hope God curses these people soon. Although I am sure that if one of their loved ones died in a tragic manner, they would say it was God testing their faith or something.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Hmmm.. well - there will likely be some pretty powerful people at this funeral. That may finally spur some action against this group.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
The group that blocks them is the Patriot Riders

www.patriotguard.org

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJ

They are lunitics with no following. Nothing scarey. Maybe they should be scared, but no one needs to be afraid of them. Every time they exploit the funeral of a fallen soldier, a group of protestors are conjured up to get in their faces so the families know they are not representative of anything and can not hear their nasty chants.

How could they be so consistently evil in their failed efforts to exploit the grief of others? They are like heartless zombies hanging out in graveyards.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
How sweet there coming to my state soon
Im going to slap some faces!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I love ATS! I look at it daily but rarely post. I am a very strong conservative christian. These people from this church are far from being true christians. I know that Christ tells us to leave judgement to Him, but the actions of the people in this "church" are as far from being true christian believers as one can be. Oops, now I have just gone and done what I am condemming them for doing, being judgemental. I am wrong for judging others and they are wrong for judging others. A true christian comforts others in times of sorrow. People who heap sorrow and grief upon sorrow and grief are definately not demonstrating Christ like (Christian) behavior. Christ "loved on" (in a pure way) sinners and wants us to love others and have compassion for others. The people of this church are behaving like slaves to the angel of light. (For those of you who don't know what I am talking about, the most beautiful angel in heaven, the angel of light, was cast down by God and became what is known as Satan, this angel is still beautiful, not ugly, and makes people suffer by making the ugly, wicked and evil appear beautiful and full of light.) The people of this church appear to be really serving the angel of light, by claiming the hurtful things they do and say are enlighting people in the name of Christ, but nothing is further from the truth. This kind of behavior does not serve God, it serves the purpose of Satan, which is to drive people away from the beautiful truth of being a genuine Christian.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I don't care how much I may hate someone or what they stand for, or associated people or whatever. I'm not going to make a mockery of their funeral. That's just so so so bad. Seriously. BAD.

That is just a purely shameful act.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

S+F. When I saw this on the news this morning my blood started boiling. I hope Karma is real
!!! I have no idea what these people hope to accomplish, and as others have said, it's a little scary.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spinster

I'm just waiting for a lung cancer diagnosis, then it's open season.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
I sincerely hope that the riot police are called out to beat the ever loving jesus out of these bastards.

These jerks don't deserve to breathe the same air that we do.

Grey I am totally with you on this!

Second line.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
The Westboro Baptist Church are nothing, they're just morons that feed with you indignation. Let them be and they will banish as the fungus they are.

However, on a lighter note: en.wikipedia.org...

EDIT: Oh, they were already mentioned here.
edit on 10-12-2010 by Radiobuzz because: Drunk

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
WBC should be doing their homework. Christ told us to let the dead be dead and follow him. Of course he meant peopole should not worship the dead. That being said, neither should a good christian be inclined towards indignation towards the lost, as Christ has come to save them also. WBC would do well to pray for serenity and guidance to make a difference instead of calling attention to themselves. Thw world needs good spiritual works, not inciteful works.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

I am so sick of these people
I hope some group shows up and opens a can of WHOOPa$$ on them. Who do they think they are ? I sincerely hope they don't reproduce and indoctrinate this intolerance in children, I mean forget intolerance they are just plain insane !

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by FrancoUn-American
Im going to slap some faces!

I think it would be better to "slap some feces", IMO. Which is actually the way I read your post at first glance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join