It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look What You Can Buy With Food Stamps.........

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Originally posted by fredcall

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by fredcall

Also I have never heard that about the Russian Mafia care to provide sources or are we suppose to take your word for it?

You might want to do your own research. All the information about organized crime families in America is readily available in the FBI internet case files. And a lot of other sites. There's plenty of info available. You don't need Wikileaks to tell you everything. Find out for yourself. Make your own decision. Be your own man...or woman.
edit on 11-12-2010 by fredcall because: You might want to do your own research. All the information about organized crime families in America is readily available in the FBI internet case files. And a lot of other sites. There's plenty of info available. You don't need Wikileaks to tell you everything. Find out for yourself. Make your own decision. Be your own man...or woman.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Dang. I don't know what goes wrong with these quote thingies. So I'll just repost my response here so everyone can read without squinting...

You might want to do your own research. All the information about organized crime families in America is readily available in the FBI internet case files. And a lot of other sites. There's plenty of info available. You don't need Wikileaks to tell you everything. Find out for yourself. Make your own decision. Be your own man...or woman.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
We hear Obama apologize to our enemies.

We hear liberals bemoan about how terrible America is to them.

A friend sent me via email this reminder about the gifts available in America.

> "If you have food in the refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof
> overhead and a place to sleep you are richer than 75% of this
> world. If you have money in the bank, in your wallet, and spare
> change in a dish, you are among the top 8% of the world's wealthy."
>
> "And if you get this on your own computer, you are part of the 1% in the world who has that opportunity."
>
> "If you woke up this morning with more health than illness. You are >more blessed than the many who will not even survive this day."
>
> "If you have never experienced the fear in battle, the loneliness of
> imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation. You are ahead of 700 million people in the world.."
>
> "If you can attend a church without the fear of harassment, arrest,
> torture or death you are envied by, and more blessed than, three
> billion people in the world."
>
> "If your parents are still alive and still married ...you are very rare."
>
> "If you can hold your head up and smile, you are not the norm,
> you're unique to all those in doubt and despair......."

And, yet, food stamps are used to fund terrorism against the United States.

Go figure, huh?

Uncle says brothers accused of food stamp fraud didn't use money to fund terrorism
Authorities have declined to say anything about the intent of the brothers, but noted the cash has gone to Middle Eastern hot spots and African countries without banking transparency agreements.
www.mlive.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Wow, yea because my area is riddled with russian mafia. You are really reaching for that one.

Also, if these people had money to buy fake certificates and to bribe caseworkers, they wouldn't need the 200 a month in welfare money.

The FBI agents assigned to follow John Gotti used to get a kick out of ribbing the 'Teflon Don' that the Gambino Family (for one) could no longer keep pace with, or were as vicious as the Russian Mafia families of Brighton Beach. The Russian Mafia has the reputation of being the underworld's best computer hackers. The Russian Mafia families in Miami and Los Angeles and Chicago, to name a few American cities, are listed as the most powerful Mafia families in America. According to FBI statistics. The Russian Mafia is also very active in the Sicilian Cosa Nostra and Neoplitan Camorra and the Calabrian 'Ndrengheta areas of Italy and the island.

Ok, and what does that have to do with food stamps?
There are computer hackers of all kinds that are not in an organized crime family.

The government does do quality control checks. They come and randomly select files to see that everything is in compliance. If people are getting more then they should be, it will be caught. The agency also has to keep the corresponding documentation to back up what is in the computer file. So there isn't only the computer file, there is a paper trail as well.
Caseworkers also have the ability to see if the client is receiving child support, and if they have a job, they can see that instantly. If that person gets hired, they have 10 days to report it or they are considered out of compliance.
And every charge they make to an ebt(food stamp card) can be seen.
There are limits to what they can buy. No liquer or cigarrettes, no prepared food. so you can't get an expensive pre-made meal at the store. Though it is up to the store to regulate it.
The program is federally funded. and the states have to meet strict regulations to receive that fundig. So they make sure the agencies are in compliance so they are not suddenly funding it for themselves.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

edit on 11-12-2010 by fredcall because: You might want to do your own research. All the information about organized crime families in America is readily available in the FBI internet case files. And a lot of other sites. There's plenty of info available. You don't need Wikileaks to tell you everything. Find out for yourself. Make your own decision. Be your own man...or woman.

when u post something as fact and truth be prepared to back it up with sources for others to see. You will be asked for it. I am not doing YOUR work on YOUR post. I don't have time. If you don't like being asked to provide sources then quite stating everything as fact without any back up.

Also who the HELL said I even listen or pay attention to wikileaks?? I never even mentioned wikileaks. You should never assume ANYTHING it just makes you look stupid.

edit on 12/11/2010 by mblahnikluver because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/11/2010 by mblahnikluver because: what is up with the quoting...geesh

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

The government does do quality control checks.

Everything the federal government runs is rife with corruption, inefficiency, poor bureaucracy and loss of taxpayer dollars. Everything from Amtrak to the Post Office. The federal government is an inept hole in the ground where taxpayer dollars are lost forever. Quality control and the federal government is an oxymoron.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

The government does do quality control checks.

Everything the federal government runs is rife with corruption, inefficiency, poor bureaucracy and loss of taxpayer dollars. Everything from Amtrak to the Post Office. The federal government is an inept hole in the ground where taxpayer dollars are lost forever. Quality control and the federal government is an oxymoron.

And doggone it if the quote thing didn't do it again to me. So I have to repost so everyone can read without squinting.........

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Okay, the whole quote thing is screwey and bureaucratic and there should be some way I could delete my post and repost it again.

Anyway, this is what I said.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I see you edited your post to add the little Wikileaks comment. Wow real smart. I see you are new, you might want to do some research of your own. I could give a rat's behind about wiki leaks.

Also learn to quote, your posts are hard to respond to and read.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

If you ididn't have something to complain about you wouldn't be an angry liberal. You're welcome.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

This article is highly misleading. Highly misleading.

The reality of poverty and those using the food stamps program? If they chose to shop in this manner they'd have one or two good meals and then go hungry for a month.

This entire article is basically a straw man that ignores realities.

This is one of the current neocon tactics... Find an example of the abuse of a system as a means of condemnation of the entire system. It is an irrational way to approach subjects.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

A liberal tactic is to find excuses to promote and continue government programs that are corrupt and wasteful.......while asking for more taxes from people who work, to give money to people who don't work.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

A liberal tactic? Wow you make assumptions an art form.

I pay taxes. A lot of them. Next ad hom?

~Heff

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

A liberal tactic? Wow you make assumptions an art form.

I pay taxes. A lot of them. Next ad hom?

~Heff

Please see my post about the Best Nigerian Mafia Email of 2010. You will see that I'm in J.P. Getty's will. If you pay that much in taxes, I will be very happy to be placed into your will.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

lol. its a picture of me ran through a free software located here:

morph.cs.st-andrews.ac.uk...

i believe its me as el greco. for proof that its not johny depp with bed head here is the same picture as an ape-man...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by snusfanatic

My goodness. Are you making jest of the use of food stamps?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

yea. i used to take people on their words about the need for assistance. the older i get the more that presumption turns the other way. i worked for one lady 2 summers ago who had used her stipend (given to her by the state....while she was going to community college....also the states money) to put a down payment on a used but pretty damn new mustang. got to sit in on the hearing as my boss was representing her. the announcement came as a surprise to us all. one guy (lawyer for the state) told her that was unacceptable. his boss repramanded HIM in front of us and told him to wait outside. I'm not sure what the final decision was, but i'm pretty sure they were either going to work out a deal to increase her stipend or to let her sell the car, buy a cheaper one and keep whatever money was left over. gotta love america

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by snusfanatic

Reminds me of that part in the Godfather where Vito Corleone went to speak to the landlord about not evicting his wife's friend because she had a dog in his apartment rental. Before negotiations were over, the landlord was paying rent to the lady with the dog in his apartment rental.

automobile skeet shoooting
www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
It's in the supermarkets. I guess that means you can buy Whipped LIghtning with food stamps? I'm not sure. This is a new product.

Whipped cream with a twist!®
Introducing Whipped Lightning®, the world’s first alcohol-infused whipped cream. A tasty topping that can dress up any drink. Try it on shots & shooters, cocktails, martinis, coffees, or frozen beverages as well as spicing up your favorite desserts.

Whipahol® is a one-of-a-kind alcoholic beverage that’s sure to excite your inner Whipalogist. Why not practice a little Whipalogy today?
www.whippedlightning.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Just for the heck of it, an online application form for foodstamps:

info.dhhs.state.nc.us...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join