It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Government Violently Assaults Hollywood Actor For Failing To Fund Illegal Wars

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Damn, some of you are waving your american flags a little too hard today!

But I have a extra flagpole without a flag on it that your all welcome to use if you want.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Mr Snipes worked for his money. He wasnt born with a silver spoon in his mouth, or a blue blood certificate of the royal family.
None of us know the real story, dont believe what the media is telling you. Typical. Yes, he's rich, but he got that way by working for it. He gives to charity, just like Angelina and many other rich stars, who all worked for their money.
I am a very poor person, and I'd love to have the money to just go on a cruise, or buy a new outfit. But wishing the people that are rich to be "punished" for being rich, isn't right.
The real point of all this is, we are losing our freedoms as humans, every day. Willy Nelson , for some fuggin weed! Wesley Snipes because, who really knows the real reason. Im sure he didnt deliberately NOT pay his taxes, he can't be that stupid. Redd Foxx got it too. It's just another way that this world is becoming totally communist. Taking everything from us. Rich and poor, alike. None of us are free.
Im not condoning not paying your taxes at all, I think we should have taxes to help pay for our communities. But when the asshats that rule this world are feeding on us like swarms of maggots, it's not funny anymore.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

great post.

Violence against the rich is just as wrong as violence against the poor.

Innocent people who have harmed no one do not deserve to have a gun stuck in their face by criminal looters.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
We don't NEED taxation to remain a viable country. The USA is one of the biggest donators of cash in the world, if our government can't run itself in the same way(off donations) then it should shut down. End of story. Not to mention tariffs ect on foriegn countrys selling goods within the USA. Screw the "global economy" as that only serves global buisness, not our own country. Our government has the power to quell outside competition yet they don't.

If the united states government was a waitress i wouldn't tip her due to the poor service she gives me, her real boss.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
well westly wasnt smart enough to take his millions out of the bank and safely tuck them away in a hidden location. too bad, i guess he'll have time to think about his next 100 million dollar script while hes playing club fed.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBaskettIV
We don't NEED taxation to remain a viable country. The USA is one of the biggest donators of cash in the world, if our government can't run itself in the same way(off donations) then it should shut down. End of story. Not to mention tariffs ect on foriegn countrys selling goods within the USA. Screw the "global economy" as that only serves global buisness, not our own country. Our government has the power to quell outside competition yet they don't.

If the united states government was a waitress i wouldn't tip her due to the poor service she gives me, her real boss.

Clearly the US Government does everything better than the private sector.

Take keeping us safe on airplanes for example.

Prior to the TSA, airlines and airports were responsible for baggage security. Since the airlines didn't strip search and sexually molest passengers, Saudi CIA trained terrorists managed to take over some airplanes and kill several thousand people using high explosive demolitions.

edit on 9-12-2010 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

If you think that the citizens will even agree concerning small things as far as what is important to put "donated" money toward or have ANY concept of priorities... you have definitely NEVER been involved in city government. I have and am.. people at large are complete moron with very little common sense. Then apply that to cooperation between states.. complete CF. I cant even imagine it on a national level.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
people at large are complete moron with very little common sense.

ORLY?

So you think the best and brightest minds are to be found in government?

Pray tell, who puts those government people in power?

Would it not be the same people you just branded morons?

Doesn't that make the people they elect morons by default?

Since I don't want to have a moron sticking a gun in my face, I prefer to simply allow the private sector to run the economy and provide security services.

edit on 9-12-2010 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

people at large are complete moron with very little common sense.

ORLY?

So you think the best and brightest minds are to be found in government?

Pray tell, who puts those government people in power?

Would it not be the same people you just branded morons?

Doesn't that make the people they elect morons by default?

Nope.. most morons I have met are in government.Yep.. the masses? theyre morons. Thats why I have had a bad week. Morons in large masses who elect other morons because they tow a party line and want "stuff" make me have bad weeks.
It really is true that the brightest minds are in short supply and have more sense to get involved in politics. Hence.. our current national fiasco. I agree with you more than I disagree.. Ive seen your posts in other threads. I just really do think that you expect more from the uneducated ( even with college degrees) masses than they are capable of delivering.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Oh and BTW.. a country run on donations. Well, thats a flawed idea to begin with. People will expect that their money goes to what they want.. or they will get something in return for their donation. People are bought all the time with "donations". In fact, another nice term for buying things with donations involves earmarks and etc in our current BS govt model.
The people with the biggest donations run a country? Kinda like what we have now. the Rich rule, the nonexistent middle class and poor are cattle. Gee.. sounds wonderful.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I just really do think that you expect more from the uneducated ( even with college degrees) masses than they are capable of delivering.

This is a common fallacy among democrats when it comes to freedom.

You see, I have extreme faith that highly intelligent individuals will create awesome corporations that make incredible stuff.

In the process of making those awesome corporations that bring us things like the iPad - those incredibly bright business owners will require unskilled manual labor for various tasks.

Janitors, painters, assembly line workers, etc.. etc.. etc..

In the process of making this stuff, all of those people (who through no fault of their own) that are not capable of highly skilled work will be able to find employment in those large corporations.

The smart people will ensure that the stupid people do not starve.

It is a beautiful system.

No violence required.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
LOL! Democrat? I was a young republican in college. I was a capitalist pig republican until I woke up... not long after I had kids. Been a process of waking up more and more.. and no party is any better than the other. Theyre all corrupt liars.

I think we may be speaking about 2 different things here though, I am not talking about corps, businesses, stupid ipads,.. etc. Im speaking of govt, taxes, allocation of taxes, and what it no BS.. No one .. regardless of their education or lack of.. will agree to take donated funds versus taxes and appropriate them with any kind of common sense or direct it for the common good of the people.. on a city level to a federal level. Hell, you cant even get them to do this in a small business and charities. We cant even get cooperation between the mayor and chief of police over some funds here.. its really incredible to witness. Im telling you in all honesty.. you expect too much out of the modern 21 century american who prizes things like that Ipad you mentioned over being self sufficient.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I assume it would cause some sort of government gridlock. Or they could do like "back in the day" and only go in for important stuff. According to the constitution all adult males are the army/militia(and self funded too), there is one money issue gone. Instead of paying SS, put that cash(or not) in saving or a safe. This way the government can't spend it and hand you an IOU. Same goes for local government, outside of roads and maybe snowplowing in northern states they shouldnt have much to talk about. As for the law side, thats easy too. Murder,Fraud, intent to harm(as proved by evidence) are about all the laws we need. Or, even more simple, if no one is harmed by an action then no crime has been commited. It's dead simple really. No one person or group should have any more power than anyone else.

Donations would be annon, and they would go twords already publicly voted projects plans. Who in thier right minds would donate blindly to something that has no pre specified plan of action. If something is actually needed, donations for a clear plan of action could then be taken. If a plan never gets past 5$, thats the public saying no to stupid crap.
edit on 12/9/2010 by LordBaskettIV because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

if no one is harmed by an action then no crime has been commited. It's dead simple really. No one person or group should have any more power than anyone else.

I agree, which is why we don't need police, just private security guards and insurance companies.

The State requires police because it has a litany of victimless crime it needs to enforce.

A free society would simply have private security services that people could subscribe to or they could take out an insurance contract that would cover the cost of security services.

Since all crime must necessarily be a violent or property crime, private security services could do the job better.

Just look at the mess the TSA created after they took over from private security.

The government is totally worthless.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I assume it would cause some sort of government gridlock. Or they could do like "back in the day" and only go in for important stuff. According to the constitution all adult males are the army/militia(and self funded too), there is one money issue gone. Instead of paying SS, put that cash(or not) in saving or a safe. This way the government can't spend it and hand you an IOU. Same goes for local government, outside of roads and maybe snowplowing in northern states they shouldnt have much to talk about. As for the law side, thats easy too. Murder,Fraud, intent to harm(as proved by evidence) are about all the laws we need. Or, even more simple, if no one is harmed by an action then no crime has been commited. It's dead simple really. No one person or group should have any more power than anyone else.

I agree with militias.. and your SS idea. Excellent ideas! Local govts are right now beholden to the feds... and their own agendas and greed. Things and people now are way too complicated and infected with some weird ideas that I doubt any sort of system that is based on personal accountability would work. I think in between your ideas and our current way of operation there has to be some step down method to unprogram and foster critical thinking (and self sufficiency) before we can expect your kind of ideas to work. Id love to see a massive reduction in government.. size and power.. overnight. Talk about a wake up call for the next generation. I fear my generation is doomed to fail in any endeavor like this. SOmething almost seems wrong with their minds.. lke we were fed stupid pills in our school lunches or something

No time like the present to put these things in order.. too bad no real number of citizens are willing.
Hell, we cant even get past people trying to kill one another over being PC to get to a point we agree on as a nation.
edit on 9-12-2010 by Advantage because: goofed up sentence.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

A free society would simply have private security services that people could subscribe to or they could take out an insurance contract that would cover the cost of security services.

Right there. Im 100% with you.. I see opportunity for major corruption.. but its a wonderful concept. SOme things that are absolutely sensible and correct cant be enacted due to the citizenry.. Im serious when I say theories like this are spot on.. but the people.. well you cant imagine it unless youve actually tried to deal with even something as small as a city govt. Its insane.

Ive always wondered why a group that feels these ways doesnt form a test "state"... kind of like the hippies did with communes. LOL! Just isolate and be your own petri dish.. then you can float the idea with some practical results.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

My favorite is Al Capone.

Now there was a man who brought loads of joy to the American people.

Never harmed a fly on anyones head, totally innocent of everything, he simply wanted to bring joy to society.

History tells us otherwise. At least to those of us who are willing to read it.

Biography of Al Capone 1

Biography of Al Capone 2

Biography of Al Capone 3

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Ive always wondered why a group that feels these ways doesnt form a test "state"... kind of like the hippies did with communes. LOL! Just isolate and be your own petri dish.. then you can float the idea with some practical results.

Because the current Gov has property tax at state level and other stupid tax at fed level. Just like snipes you will go to jail unless you actually say no and fight. A tyranny always enforces its opinion under threat of violence OR imprisonment. Don't kiss thier feet and they will kill you without thought...even when they are in the wrong. And everyone breaking away would be labeled terrorists,ect. As far as I know, no peacful revolution has ever overthrown a tyrannical body.
edit on 12/9/2010 by LordBaskettIV because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

private security forces? you're joking, right?

like in 3rd world countries? tribal leaders, warlords and such?

cool!

ya, that will be good for the little guy.

snipes could have cut a check for 1/2 of what he owed and that would have been that.

he flat out refused to cooperate.

he made his bed.

now don't get me wrong, there are bigger fish to fry in the irs world.

corporations and charlie rangle and others.

we need a flat tax.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Now that we have Mr. Snipes behind bars,we can focus on Mr. Obama's cabinet as well as congressmen that failed to pay there taxes. Mr Rangel comes to mind as well as others. Shouldn't the expect the same punishment?

respectfully

reluctantpawn

P.S. someone should speak to endtimer and jontap about the t&c of this forum. this profanity is unexcusable. Yes it is constitutionally protected but with freedom comes responsibility and restraint. they have shown neither
edit on 9-12-2010 by reluctantpawn because: content ande spelling

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join