It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Government Violently Assaults Hollywood Actor For Failing To Fund Illegal Wars

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
reply to post by mnemeth1

This post appears to be much more about your personal hang ups than about an actor who consistently failed to file his tax returns.

I liked his evocative use of phrases such as "enslavement", because that's why you call putting a wealthy black man in jail for cheating on millions of dollars of his taxes. Pure greed.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

This post appears to be much more about your personal hang ups than about an actor who consistently failed to file his tax returns.

I liked his evocative use of phrases such as "enslavement", because that's why you call putting a wealthy black man in jail for cheating on millions of dollars of his taxes. Pure greed.

I think the government is greedy.

Greed is generally considered a bad thing.

I think it is more appropriate to consider the government greedy, not Mr. Snipes.

The government is the one doing the money grabbing, not Mr. Snipes.

It would be "greed" if Mr. Snipes owned a major bank and then used the government to bailout his bad investments - that would be "greed".

Also, let us not forget that it is we who are now going to pay roughly 75,000 in incarceration costs for Mr. Snipes to be locked up for 3 years.

Let us also not forget that we also paid for the court costs, the cost of the IRS agents, and the cost of the prosecution. Who knows how many tens of thousands that ran. Probably hundreds of thousands by the time you add up the appeals and everything else.

I think it is also important to note that the government is now not going to collect any income tax on Mr. Snipes for the next 3 years.

Since he is in jail, he can not contribute to society.

edit on 9-12-2010 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Just think what would happen if we all refused to fund our enslavement and the wholesale murder and plundering of other nations. I shudder to think.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smack
Just think what would happen if we all refused to fund our enslavement and the wholesale murder and plundering of other nations. I shudder to think.

bunnies and polar bears would die by the thousands.

children would be running through the streets naked and starving.

grandma and grandpa would be wasting away on the street corner.

basically society would devolve into mad max beyond thunderdome and Ahnold would become governor of California.

edit on 9-12-2010 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

That just reminded me of this prophetic YouTube clip!
If we don't pay our protection money to the government, these bad things will happen!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

Let his time in jail be a deterrent to other millionaires who think they are above the law.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
tl;dr - man gets put into jail for breaking the law.

~

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Wait wait.

So not paying your taxes makes you an extremely dangerous person?

Good lord. What IS this world coming to?

Far as I know, Snipes was only dangerous to you know.
Deacon Frost.

I personally wouldn't mind paying my taxes and having the option to mail em in to the govt for them to play with as they see fit (read; pay themselves more) OR denote where I want my tax money to go - and then it is MY responsibility to deliver it to said place personally. I'd rather my money to go say, starving USA kids or the homeless shelters in my town et al than to the govt that uses it to... well... waste it.
edit on 9-12-2010 by sarra1833 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

tl;dr -- yet... You felt compelled to drop an e-turd on your way to more important matters.

Thank you for your contribution. It shall be fertilizer for future thought.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Great post and you are correct, your sarcasm is great. Don't let these other retards get you down.

They are the ones who actually think the government is giving them money when they get a tax return.

edit on 9-12-2010 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden

Originally posted by mnemeth1

Let his time in jail be a deterrent to other millionaires who think they are above the law.

Yeah, that will teach em.

If you don't pay up, we'll put you in prison where you can't pay up, then have other people pay for your imprisonment.

ALLAH ALLAH PRAISE HILLARY

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Keep speaking the truth my brother!
2nd

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Wesley Snipes got put into prison because he had the audacity to talk back to his master, he did the biggest no-no of all. He dared challenge the validity and the legality of the Federal government and the modern day Gestapo known as the IRS.

If one man successfully stands up to the great extortionist's and their threats and intimidations and dares to challenge them openly in a public forum, it creates problems for the extortionists. It put's a stick into the wheel of the machine. It causes other sheep out there who are also tax mules to stop and say "Hey, if Wesley doesn't have to pay taxes then neither do I ! "

He is being made an example for anyone else who thinks they would dare stand up to the great Wizard of Oz. The message is made clear.....give us your money or we will take everything you own and lock you up in prison.

Meanwhile 1/2 of the politicians in Washington owe back taxes, that is the ones who even bother to file at all. Apparently there are two sets of laws in this country, one for the elites and one for the plebes. I guess Wesley wasnt as famous and important as he thought he was.
edit on 12/10/10 by BlackOps719 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Smack
reply to post by Whyhi

tl;dr -- yet... You felt compelled to drop an e-turd on your way to more important matters.

Thank you for your contribution. It shall be fertilizer for future thought.

LOL I missed this.

hahahahaahaha

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
What they have done to Snipes is pure evil.

Wesley Snipes man - white men can't jump, money train, Demolition man....cool as!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
well I will have to say OP
that u surprised me with this.

I was expecting to open up
this thread and see a u-tube video
of Nick Nolte bleeding on the sidewalk
with a police baton stuck through
his head. But u got me

I never thought about Snipes.

Yes it is crazy indeed.
total slavery one citizen
at a time.
S&F

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Set up ATS as a CHURCH!

Make us all MINISTERS (for tax purposes)

Our congregation meets to praise good and abhor evil 7 days a week (not just sunday), via the medium of the internet and chat forum.

The Tax Free Benefits (ie not paying it) will help us all.

Meh.
Just an idea.
works for MEL G and scientology (heck, we have a bigger base of alien beliefs, they only have 1 main alien)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Wesley Snipes beats women. He's not fit to live in society. I don't really care what got him put away; he deserves to be there.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   

"From productive members of society voluntarily trading the things they produce."
You quote a key principle of communism as an ideal?
Then compare America to the Soviet Union?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
im sick of the chozen and their 'tax collectors' and their 'money lending'
lets hope Ron Paul eradicates the fed. then america might prosper once again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join