It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWII rifles. Are they still viable?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by dingdong101

Its not gun infested, yet shootings are becoming more and more regular, but thats ok because know one has any guns do they !? I'd like to see you say taht when some thug breaks into your household with a shotgun and you cant do anything to defend yourself or your family, except take a shell in the chest, By the sounds of your attitude doesnt sound like that would be such a bad thing, but i wouldnt wish that on anyone. Care expand on how iam a 'drug junkie' ? I will thoroughly enjoy getting out of the UK, partly to avoid ignorant feeders such as yourself & to live in some tranquility in peace.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vanishr

Its not gun infested, yet shootings are becoming more and more regular, but thats ok because know one has any guns do they !? I'd like to see you say taht when some thug breaks into your household with a shotgun and you cant do anything to defend yourself or your family, except take a shell in the chest, By the sounds of your attitude doesnt sound like that would be such a bad thing, but i wouldnt wish that on anyone. Care expand on how iam a 'drug junkie' ? I will thoroughly enjoy getting out of the UK, partly to avoid ignorant feeders such as yourself & to live in some tranquility in peace.

Goodbye then, you pothead loser scumbag #
edit on 30-6-2011 by dingdong101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Wow, nice bro, why are you on this thread ? Or more so, this website ?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

pothead loser scumbag..... really??? Theres nothing wrong with a few tokes of it every now and again.. have you ever heard if you got nothing nice to say dont say anything at all. What is the point in attacking Vanishr.. smoking a little pot doesnt make you a druggie.. did you know that health wise alcohol is much worse for you than pot. Ohh and yes why are you on this site exactly? People like you sir make me sick...

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by JDBlack
Ok, don't bite my head off on this. Personally I feel that these weapons are still viable, as weapons go, but I'm just a young collage student, who knows almost nothing about weapons (I'm learning). Anyone care to throw up their oppinion on the subject?

The first gun I ever owned after I moved out of my parents house was the Mosin Nagant M44 carbine in 7.62x54r.
It was manufactured in Tula Arsenal factory in 1944.

It's a BEAST. Bolt action, 5 gigantic rounds and a bayonet. I paid $70 for it in 1998.

I still own it. I still shoot it, and it's brother that I purchased just this year. It is still a beast, and it's still one of the rifles my friends always ask me to bring with me when we go shooting.

Get one, and get 200 rounds of russian surplus ammo for it. Then get a cleaning kit. As long as you clean it and treat it right it will last forever.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JDBlack

I would be careful about the M1 carbine, I have known of some having the bolt come back and hit the shooter becauce of a worn bolt stop. It would be wise to have it checked by a gunsmith first. I had a G-41 semi-auto that had a problem like this and ended trading it off for safety reasons. Have fun shooting!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Hello. I happen to have read up on almost every WW2 weapon (look at my signature) and I would say Hell YES!!!!! I mean the AK is based off the German STG44, we still use bolt action rifles in the army, the M14 (American sniper rifle) first came out in 1944 as a replacement for the M1 series of rifles. So yes WW2 rifles are still viable weapons.
Sincerly,
CPL Sabastian Sears (Canadian Armed Fources)

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join