It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Milky Way - Welcome to your New Home Galaxy!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

So the Milky way is absorbing some very old galaxies and it is an old galaxy itself. That could mean only one thing. The Milky Way MUST be the home of many old alien civilizations, and we are right there with them in the same neighborhood. I guess there might exist many other newer civilizations like us out there that wonder about their enigmatic past, as we do.

What's going on? Will we ever be able to find out? One thing is certain. Milky way has a LOT of stars...

and we only managed to get as far as on our Moon. This is not us. Clearly we should had managed much more than that. Something is not right in this picture..

S+F of course!
edit on 9-12-2010 by spacebot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jessejamesxx

LOL JJ,

Few knew the truth about Jesse and Frank.
Frank was a lawyer and Jesse was a wild man that became 'wild' when the railroad confiscated his Mother's land without payment and destroyed their house leaving them homeless for a short while. This was not very 'neighborly'. Naturally, they were upset and thoughts of Robin flew over their Hood. They stayed at Ggramps farm for a while to 'figRrrrr' a plan. I understand they were very generous with the prOceeds; very Neighborly if you know what I mean.

True story; believe it or not.
They were actually neighbors/playmates of my Great Grandfather of whom was a few years older than them.
They lived in the Missouri on farms and rode together to West Virginia though my Ggramps settled in Eastern KY.

I'll stop right there for it was a sad story with a happy ending. Gramps is still alive and kicking and climbing mountains at 94 and counting. Those fierce BIG blue eyes are as a lightening bolt or a serene day in the clouds. 'Your choice'. L0L

Daddy Dave left his shell at 104 and is buried on a private family graveyard among a forest of Hemlocks.

Brother Burton, 'the pAstor' and fellow 'wild-mAn' still tends the gravesite to this day. He was the only white mAn around for awhile and developed a close 'Bond' among the Cherokee of the day. He knows quite a bit about the natural herbs, wild foods and medicine. A living medicine mAn. A self sufficient mAn with is own water, organic garden, natural gas, house he built on the same plot as Daddy Dave's original house was on.

My GrandfAther once told me that Jesse helped dig the well for my Great Grandfather "Daddy Dave".
He still uses this same well and lives on the same land though on much less acreage as 'relatives' go.
What a 'character' hE was.
Long story, Nother time perhaps.
Oh, the history of it All.

History tends to repeat though with 'differing' circumstances.
Alot of history in the family on all sides though always keeping it Real and Right.
"Oh ReginA"
blablabla

edit on 49pm05082212831201012 by Perseus Apex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Zorgon,

One of the best researched and written posts i have seen for quite a while on the net.
Very good job,
Jr.

S+F

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Can something just beam me out of this neighborhood of galaxies to a safer more peaceful area in the universe..
Please,

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by rajaten
reply to post by LiveForever8

Sagittarius here we come hey? Sounds cool. What does this mean for us earthlings in this lifetime?

Anything different?

Good question. My answer: It means we don't pay any bogus 'energy tax' until they prove that global conditions (ozone layer/global warming/ice age--- take your pick) are not cosmic-induced calamities!

I wonder why NASA left out EARTH changes when they reported on all of the other planetary changes? I guess She got vaccinated... *smirk*

Oh, and great find too.

edit on 12/9/2010 by new_here because: spelling error

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Another home run Zorgon, thanks for the interesting post. Your hard work is appreciated. I'm only sorry I did not see this before I fell into the Assange / Anon trap which gave me terminal heartburn

I was completely unaware of this. Nice presentation.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555 I'm only sorry I did not see this before I fell into the Assange / Anon trap which gave me terminal heartburn

Yeah I am working hard to stay away from that Assange thing... better to wait it out and see if anything real comes of it. Already seeing hoax 'leaks' coming out. It's gonna be a mess

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mecheng

Originally posted by LiveForever8
reply to post by rajaten

Absolutely nothing in our lifetime, but I'm only guessing. It seems to be having somewhat of an effect on our solar system (particularly the distant planets) if I have read zorgons post correctly.

It's those poor Saggitariuns I feel sorry for
Although I am left wondering if they taste as good as the real thing...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a040cdb5d7fa.jpg[/atsimg]

I think you are being presumptuous saying "absolutely nothing"... but then say "it is having an affect on our solar system's outer planets". If the info is correct (and who REALLY knows for sure?) the outer planet's poles are shifting possibly due to the interaction between galaxies...

I don't think its too far of a reach to expect that something like that might also happen to our little planet. After all, consider the insignificant distance between Earth and Pluto as compared with a radial arm of the Milky Way.
edit on 9-12-2010 by mecheng because: (no reason given)

And also doesn't it seem anything that can effect any planet can effect our sun and thus all planets?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

No doubt. Can't lead to anything good.

I saw an interesting point at the top of this page that gave me pause. This would make it even more incredibly naive to believe that we are not surrounded by other planets with life inside this Galactic Car Wreck.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
so anyway, i've read this OP over and over again. Usually, if i don't have anything to add, i just stay silent, but this thread was just awesome. Very informative, and thought provoking. So there it is. A thanks.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by Holly N.R.A.

What about plasma life forms? Could the Sagittarius Tidal Stream be a huge river through which plasma life flows and communicates across the universe?

Maybe a better question may be could other Tidal Streams such as the Sagittarius exist in other points in the universe? And if they do, how many of them would contain advanced plasma life forms capable of communicating with one another if they chose to?

Anything is possible...it's a really "big" universe out there...."this sounds like a job for the Zula patrol".

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by rajaten
reply to post by LiveForever8

Sagittarius here we come hey? Sounds cool. What does this mean for us earthlings in this lifetime?

Anything different?

actually its farewell not here we come. according to the post unless im reading it wrong our solar system originated in the Sagittarius galaxy and IS NOW MOVING INTO the milky way galaxy. so were immigrants in regards to the milky way.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
So does this mean were Aliens?

I have this hard to explain feeling about all this - in a good way. Before I found out about this, space kind of seemed boring as in nothing extraordinary was going on - until this. I read a lot of hardcore sci-fi space operas and a lot of the times I get jealous or envious of all the exciting stuff going on. Seriously though, this is completely awesome and it brings a completely new way of thinking about our cosmos. We're from the Sagittarius, how awesome is that?!

*mind implodes*

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by tim3lord
so were immigrants in regards to the milky way.

Hope the new neighbors are friendly

As to what effect it has on us here on Earth...

Well we are seeing odd stuff happening in space...

Giant Breach in Earth's Magnetic Field Discovered

Dec. 16, 2008: NASA's five THEMIS spacecraft have discovered a breach in Earth's magnetic field ten times larger than anything previously thought to exist. Solar wind can flow in through the opening to "load up" the magnetosphere for powerful geomagnetic storms. But the breach itself is not the biggest surprise. Researchers are even more amazed at the strange and unexpected way it forms, overturning long-held ideas of space physics. "At first I didn't believe it," says THEMIS project scientist David Sibeck of the Goddard Space Flight Center. "This finding fundamentally alters our understanding of the solar wind-magnetosphere interaction."

science.nasa.gov...

Solar Wind Loses Power, Hits 50-year Low

Sept. 23, 2008: In a briefing today at NASA headquarters, solar physicists announced that the solar wind is losing power. "The average pressure of the solar wind has dropped more than 20% since the mid-1990s," says Dave McComas of the Southwest Research Institute in San Antonio, Texas. "This is the weakest it's been since we began monitoring solar wind almost 50 years ago."

science.nasa.gov...

Above: Global measurements of solar wind pressure by Ulysses. Green curves trace the solar wind in 1992-1998, while blue curves denote lower pressure winds in 2004-2008

The Next Ice Age is over due (According to Lake Vostok ice core smaples) Instead we have Solar system wide warming

This graph is drawn from the data gathered from the Vostok ice core samples and, unlike the tree ring data, is scientifically sound and uncontroversial. Looking at the above graph, there have been six periods in the last 415,000 years when global temperature exceeded today’s temperature by as much as nine degrees. 10,000 years ago, the global temperature was five degrees higher than today.

www.thelivingmoon.com...

There are more... no way to tell if they are related, but we are definitely observing effects. Unfortunately we have only been in space about 50 years so not much to go on

Also this..

Voyager makes an interstellar discovery

Voyager flies through the outer bounds of the heliosphere en route to interstellar space. A strong magnetic field reported by Opher et al in the Dec. 24, 2009, issue of Nature is delineated in yellow. Image copyright 2009, The American Museum of Natural History. The solar system is passing through an interstellar cloud that physics says should not exist.

www.physorg.com...
edit on 9-12-2010 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
Why in Aliens & UFOs? This belongs in a scientific forum or in Fragile Earth. I think the mods should move it as it definitely does not belong in this forum.

Because it was late and I hit the wrong button

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Deja vu all over again....

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
Last I thought the universe was round and infinite and we don't really have horizontal or vertical dimensions do we?
Or am I thinking too much?

Your thinking to much

What I think they refer to is that because of the rotation of the Galaxy we should be aligned differently than we are, like the planets in our system tend to be in a plane, not just orbiting at random. The fact that we are bobbing up and down in the rim by 250 LY is unaccounted for if we were just part of the spinning Milky Way [the 50 LY 'above' I can see how we measured it... not sure yet were they got the 250 LY max before we turn around]

However our orientation in space IS consistent with the current angle of the Sagittarius arm
edit on 9-12-2010 by zorgon because: Classified

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I was waiting for the debunkers and sure enough there they were, posting theories to debunk other theories made from theories, hypothesized from valid conjecture based on various observations.

Its great that this news for some put matters into proportion, people please, we live in tiny shells of idiocy most of the time, when viewed in perspective, pitting our tiny standards against those of true reality, inches vs light years, years vs aeons, we aren't that important anymore, and human action, horrendous or exalted as it may be, means nothing, nothing at all.

think cosmically , act insignificantly!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
So the theory is, our original Galaxy sometime in the last billions of years got eaten be the Milky Way and that's why we are on the edge of it.

No it is happening RIGHT NOW... it's 'in progress. The thing I am looking at now it the dark matter theories associated with this 'merger'

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by rutters1983
There were some papers out about it years ago with some very interesting points.

Originally posted by Unity_99
Now I'm sure that link can't be found, for I read that several years ago, but it was something along those lines that I read.

That is one of the biggest problems I have also... I read something in a paper... then nothing about it shows up for some time.. and papers become hard to find in all the web 'noise'

I also found something weird... will need to make a thread on it, but I use the Way Back Machine a lot when links go dead. What I found was that a lot of websites I was looking for cease operation between Mar and Aug 2008 so many in fact one might almost think there was an info purge.

As to papers... they are hard to find without having exact titles or direct references. Google search used to let you paste in a paragraph but now they limit you to 32 words and leave some out at their whim... so it has become harder.

Usually when I do a thread like this though, things have a way of turning up

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join