It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ANON Has Shut Down My Business--Paypal Related

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Hey Gang,

Just wanted to point out that this ANON group which is apparently "helping" by doing DDOS attacks on Paypal are hurting businesses all accross the world.

Mine for example.

Our payment transaction systems are all done through Paypal and as of about 3 hours ago I am unable to collect payments from my customer's in any sort of way.

Way to go ANON. I'm officially NOT supporting you anymore.

~Keeper
edit on 12/8/2010 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

Now you know exactly how Wikileaks felt. That's why people are fighting back.
Insane politicians were braying for Assange to be assassinated, and they cut of his funding. WL is coping. I'm sure you can. You could try a paradigm shift.

second
edit on 9-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Two wrong's don't make a right. Sure a politician is in the wrong for wanting Mr. Assange dead. PayPal, Mastercard, etc have nothing to do with that.

Whom ever it is that are interfering with the operation of PayPal, Mastercard and other sites that people depend on for their business or buying things from need to stop. It is childish and will accomplish nothing other than putting yourself in the stereotype of computer geeks. I hope you're all found and face the law.
edit on 9-12-2010 by TruthSeeker8300 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthSeeker8300
Whom ever are interfering with the operation of PayPal, Mastercard and other sites that people depend on for their business or buying things from need to stop. It is childish and will accomplish nothing other than putting yourself in the stereotype of computer geeks. I hope you're all found and face the law.

I hope you find your heart.

second

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

I have my heart, I hope you find your conscience. Two wrong's don't make a right. Being self righteous just shows what a hypocrite you are. These people do nothing to help your fellow man. They only do it to be mischievous. They don't care for what's going on in the world. They don't care about the homeless, etc. It's all self righteous bs.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthSeeker8300

I hope you grow some testicles and quit standing up for big brother. It's the US Govt putting pressure on these sites to pull WikiLeaks ties. Big Bro already has enough power without you. They don't need your help, trust me.
edit on 9-12-2010 by FalselyFlagged because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by FalselyFlagged

I hope you stop being keyboard warrior and face reality. Treat others as you want to be treated. If you can't function in society, you don't belong in it. Two wrong's don't make a right. You can try to rationalize all you want for doing wrong. You know bad and you know good. You rationalizing doesn't change the fact.

None of this childish behavior will help Mr. Assange. I like Wikileaks and people that behave this way are not helping him or the cause.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

If you think these sites are targeted randomly or only because they are "sites that people needs" you are wrong. Two words: world banks.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sc4venger

They're targeted because of their action's against Wikileaks and Julian Assange. There is no other reason. It's just mischevious, CRIMINAL behavior. There are ways to show your support for Wikileaks & Julian without participating in criminal activity. This is around Christmas time and they're potentially interfering with a service some may depend on for profit or purchase.

You may not like their action, but that is their business & they have the freedom to run it how they see fit. Just as you do what you want with what you own and may allow someone to use it under your condition's.
If you want freedom, you have to let others be free unless they exercise their freedom to stop the freedom of another

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by odd1out
We've been using Paypal since 2002...in their defense I say the fees they charge are directly in line with what others charge...look at Western Union and American Express (which charges MORE!) for example. Most credit card companies charge merchant fees as well. We have also NEVER had an unfair experience with them and these so called horror stories usually don't give all the facts. PayPal has definitely taken the "customer is always right" line of working out issues, but for sellers that's the way business should be done anyway. Yes, you have CYA big time with PayPal, but hey, you have to in any business situation these days. We have received well over 100 payments via Paypal since Tuesday and have not had a single customer complaint, nor have we been unable to access Paypal to print over 100 shipping labels...I call a BS on the whole thing.

I used to feel somewhat similarly, trying to just take the high road, etc., but PayPal is a problem in my experience, and I wish there was something better.

We have a larger eBay operation, multiple accounts, single transactions sometimes over $50K, etc. No, we didn't experience a shut down, although there was a short disruption that might have screwed up a few hours, so I can see why someone might be tempted to call BS on this thing. But...

We have had a number of instances where we have been absolutely HOSED by PayPal after following their rules to a T, when it came to international transactions. If you don't do international, then maybe you'll be just fine, but I would warn anyone to be very careful about trusting PayPal, especially if you are an eBay seller, because you can get a double-hosing.

The whole problem revolves around their 30 day window of trying to resolve disputes. In the case of an international package that is delayed, even a small amount, you can end up on the wrong side of it. We were targeted by an international fraud ring that specifically identified, and exploited this PayPal weakness. Seven transactions totaling over $6K, in a three week period.

We launched our own investigation, because PayPal stole our money, and handed it over to the fraudsters, and they basically just laughed. We proved a connection between a dozen entities, spoke to police in New Zealand, who confirmed our suspicions, all at our expense and time, and PayPal just told us, "tough luck".

For a while we refused to sell overseas. Now we do it, but must add a huge cost, because only the most expensive true "Express" shipping protects us from the notorious 30-day fraud, that PayPal continues to facilitate. Needless to say, smaller sales make little sense, and larger ones can't be insured enough. Many sales lost to PayPal's deliberate aiding of known criminals.

And yet, they have the chutzpah to pull this on Assange?

Sheesh. "They are criminals, who aid criminals." PayPal is as criminal as notorious Bank of America, who launders the world's drug money.

Hmmm. Well, I'm stuck with PayPal, for a lot of reasons, but I don't like it...And no, this has nothing to do with my (lack of) principles, anymore than having to live in a system where the defacto "nationalized" bank launders drug money for the mafia/CIA, and the so-called "federal" reserve sucks the life out of the whole planet.

Yes, we can "opt out", go join the Amish, etc., but you sure as hell aren't going to earn much of a living. This system makes us all "partners" in crime.

Now all I need is a little "666" tatoo on my hand, and I'll feel complete...

JR

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I see perhaps some incongruence, but I also see that action taken that effects private citizens who have done nothing wrong, is not the most judicious decision on the part of the protesters.

TO AUStralopiticus, I'm sorry. I have no idea what you are asking. You really don't have to gain my permission to express your opinions, nor I, yours.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

I agree with that, I have never said it was legal or that I was participating in it but I don't give a damn about people not being able to Ebay their gifts 15 days before Christmas. And if your only business means of exchanging money is through Paypal then you should have hired a better consultant.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Yeah wow all the little fan boys and girls are really fighting for freedom aren't they so far they have done nothing but hurt a bunch of small business wow what a great victory...

On another note how come if these folks like Anon are so powerful they never hit the real culprits? Like the banskters, federal reserve, or thier gestapo the IRS? If they really want to help humanity and prove they are the awesome feared hackers government shakes in thier boots at just hearing the name, then lets see them get in the IRS unlawful systems and take it down lock stock and barrel and stop the theft? If this is the great catalyst for change all the fan boys and girls say it is then why are they wasting thier time on private businesses ?

Or is it much easier to harm innocent people trying to make a living in the worst economy since the great depression and proclaim they are fighting for freedom while accomplishing nothing but helping thier enemy...

edit on 9-12-2010 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Get mad at paypal not wikileaks.

Paypal made the choice to take action that was politically charged in nature.

As a private company paypal have the right to do this - but as a private company they must also suffer the consequences of such action, along with their users/customers.

WIKILEAKS IS ATTACKING NOBODY - Stop blaming wikileaks, they have not publicly asked anybody to do this , they have not supported the people doing this in anyway.

People are doing this because they feel the cause is just. Label them terrorists if you wish but that is just a modern label for someone with a different view than your own that takes action when their concerns fall on deaf ears - if they held the same view as you, you would likely label them a revolutionary.

The end of the day no matter who is right and who is wrong - Paypal brought this upon themself and their customers - they chose to freeze wikileaks accounts and they are suffering reprecutions because of their decision. It doesnt make it right - but it is what it is. You can't go around mistreating a high profile customer just because of their political status and expect not feel backlash - paypal thought it could get away with it but they have united a powerful force that does not approve of what their actions.
If I was the owner of a massive franchise and I went and insulted Tony Soprano's sister by refusing to serve her in any branches because of her affiliations and in return Tony then arranged to have all my frachises robbed and I lost millions - I could not really complain because I bought it on myself - even though it does not make it right. And as for my franchise owners who are also now suffering because of my slip of the tongue should they be mad at Tony Soprano and his gang or should they hold me responsible for mouthing off at his sister when it should have nothing to do with the business.

My point is companies have the right to choose who they serve, but if they upset someone with a big following they should be prepared to take the fallout from their actions. And if I was a business owner reliant on paypal, I would send them a clear message that by taking a political stand they not only put their business at risk but also my own, so future business would not be done with them.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sc4venger

Hire a consultant? Plenty run their own small business out of their home. They are their own boss. A business is a business. No matter how large or small. PayPal is used due to the convenience & security.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Hand in hand with freedom of action is the freedom to protest that action.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
So, according to some people a sit-up is CRIMINAL behaviour? Because it slightly inconveniences people who prefers to remain blind to the worlds' problems? A DDoS is a digital sit-up, no more, no less.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I'm effectively loosing thousands of dollars of business an hour because of these clowns.

The glaring injustice here is that some people are starving and suffering in poverty whilst others turnover excessive amounts of money, probably through the abuse of some resource or other.

Hopefully this is the beginning of the end for this poisonous monetary system and resources will be distributed to where they are needed most.

Bring on the revolution, before it's too late!
edit on 9-12-2010 by Iam'___' because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

This isn't about attacking Wikileaks. I support Wikileaks & I like Mr. Assange. These are action's being carried out with what PayPal has done to Wikileaks. It's their business, they can do what they want just as you do what you want with your thing's and if you let a person use them under certain condition's, they must abide by those or face the consequences. It is what it is, and that's all there is to it.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
Yeah wow all the little fan boys and girls are really fighting for freedom aren't they so far they have done nothing but hurt a bunch of small business wow what a great victory...

On another note how come if these folks like Anon are so powerful they never hit the real culprits? Like the banskters, federal reserve, or thier gestapo the IRS? If they really want to help humanity and prove they are the awesome feared hackers government shakes in thier boots at just hearing the name, then lets see them get in the IRS unlawful systems and take it down lock stock and barrel and stop the theft? If this is the great catalyst for change all the fan boys and girls say it is then why are they wasting thier time on private businesses ?

Or is it much easier to harm innocent people trying to make a living in the worst economy since the great depression and proclaim they are fighting for freedom while accomplishing nothing but helping thier enemy...

edit on 9-12-2010 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

They don't want to help humanity. This is a cause they united for, for various reasons.

You have yet to answer my question: How would 8 hours of disrupted paypal service take food off of small business owners' tables? It denies them revenue, but how is 8 hours' worth of revenue going to make that difference?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

Protest all you want. Protesting is fine and not illegal. These action's ARE illegal. You cannot justify this. It is only childish, mischievous behavior and does NOTHING to help Julian or WIkileaks. Their little crusade won't mean squat in the future and only puts Wikileaks supporters in a bad light.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join