It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange could face espionage trial in US

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by NoAngel2u

While the government or a employee may not copyright these cables. ANY information in these cables from third parties, contractors, or other governments would be protected under copyright.

Plus there are stories that Wikileaks gave aid to Pvt Manning to help him get the documents out.
anyone in the media knows you can only take documents given(someone walk in and hands to you) and can not help TAKE documents.
ANY help by Wikileaks that helped pvt manning get the documents out is conspiracy to commit espionage.

Adrian Lamo, the Sacramento, Calif.-based computer hacker who turned in Bradley to military authorities in May, claimed in a telephone interview Saturday he had firsthand knowledge that someone helped Manning set up encryption software to send classified information to WikiLeaks.

Lamo, who's cooperating with investigators, wouldn't name the person but said the man was among a group of people in the Boston area who work with WikiLeaks. He said the man told him "he actually HELPED Private Manning set up the encryption software he used."

www.huffingtonpost.com...
If provable this is conspiracy to commit espionage.
And if Assange knew that Wikileaks assisted pvt manning in anyway he could be tried for espionage

edit on 9-12-2010 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-12-2010 by ANNED because: forget to link quote

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

CIA presents an OP to a panel.
the panel either Ok's it and funds it
or it is scraped. Once it is scraped,
gov funds stop for the program unless
you can find another funding source.
This is how it can dry up from lack
of funding but not quite dead.
Then the CIA can get funding from Soros
and bypass the Panel. Then there is no
gov oversight. It's a rogue black op
funded by Soros. This also helps Obama
cuz he has plausible deniability if the
black op is ever discovered.

Ohh Pleeeeeeease.....
How the hell is it a rogue OP when you have posted this crap in every thread and according to you the entire world from Wiki to Soros and now even Ron Paul are in on the act?????

Heck, I'm gonna keep a close eye on my neighbour, I think he's in on it too..!!!!!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
If Assange is extradited to the US, we might see our first stage of revolution. This is not just a tin foil hat - geek passion.

From Howard Stern to some major entertainers, Assange is considered a journalist exposing Govt. lies.

There are people on here that disagree with this, there are also people that feel this is treason.

1) Julian is a Journalist - If you have to disect the term and the man to come to a conclusion, you are simply, part of the witch hunt.

2) He is not an American citizen - If this is true (we know it is) Treason is an impossible charge on a foreign citizen, unless the US legal system decide to "bend" the law.

3) These rape charges are phenomenally preposterous. These were nothing more than a stall tactic for the US to weigh all options.

Now that we have addressed that... let me point out how confused I am.

The timing and content of this last release is way way way to convenient. Iran/ North Korea Really?? Right now?

Anon doing these attacks, are without a doubt, going to be a launching pad for some sort of new "Internet regulation."

Convenient that the charges popped up right after the media attention.

I do not claim to know exactly what is going on... But... normally, when I am this confused, without, at least an opinion... I cant help but think this entire thing has been a well calculated psych-ops.. I feel crazy even saying that, but everything, is far to coincidental.

Has anyone checked into the next release?? Assange said that he wouldn't answer any questions about which bank... But somehow, through rumors.... Bank Of America has been talked about MUCH more than the others. I have to ask myself, if this is a psych-ops why are we supposed to think it is B.O.A???

Am I crazy?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

Am I crazy?

Probably, but aint we all at times..

You'd think his bank info would be targeted at all banks and the Fed.
That's what people would like to see.
BOA has already been to court and they did a deal in 2007 to get amnesty from prsecution..
Maybe some backdoor deals were done at the time to stop individuals from being charged..
Now that would suck because why should shareholders suffer through fines for the illegal activities of the board?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by Bun-G
Funny that, he's been stuck in wormword scrubs for the past couple of days.

there is a huge difference between jail and prison !!!
Jail is where you go BEFORE you are convicted.
Prison is where you go AFTER you are convicted.

Assange is in jail, not prison.

My post stated prison.

Wormwood Scrubs is a Category B prison for adult males, sentenced or on remand from the local courts. The prison has five main wings plus a number of smaller dedicated units. All the accommodation has electricity and integral sanitation with a TV and accompanying bedroom furniture:

•A wing - remand and sentenced prisoners
•B wing - remand and sentenced prisoners
•C wing - prisoners on an Intensive Drug Treatment System
•D wing - workforce prisoners and Difficult to Manage prisoners
•E wing - resettlement of prisoners unit
•Super enhanced wing - enhanced prisoners who are considered to be trustworthy
•Conibeere Unit - prisoners who require a substance misuse stabilisation regime

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Funny that, he's been stuck in wormword scrubs for the past couple of days.

there is a huge difference between jail and prison !!!
Jail is where you go BEFORE you are convicted.
Prison is where you go AFTER you are convicted.

Assange is in jail, not prison.

My post stated prison.

Wormwood Scrubs is a Category B prison for adult males, sentenced or on remand from the local courts. The prison has five main wings plus a number of smaller dedicated units. All the accommodation has electricity and integral sanitation with a TV and accompanying bedroom furniture:

•A wing - remand and sentenced prisoners
•B wing - remand and sentenced prisoners
•C wing - prisoners on an Intensive Drug Treatment System
•D wing - workforce prisoners and Difficult to Manage prisoners
•E wing - resettlement of prisoners unit
•Super enhanced wing - enhanced prisoners who are considered to be trustworthy
•Conibeere Unit - prisoners who require a substance misuse stabilisation regime

Ignore me, i've proved your point

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
This is not good.

And entirely unexpected...

entirely unexpected? your kidding right? the writting was on the wall a long time ago. even before Sweden filed their charges. which will be dropped right after the U.S. files espionage charges.

Assange will never be seen or heard from again even if he somehow gets sent back to Sweden first.

he will never stand trial in the U.S. they will drop him in the biggest darkest hole in the world right after they fake a plane crash to cover the tracks.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
reply to post by NoAngel2u

While the government or a employee may not copyright these cables. ANY information in these cables from third parties, contractors, or other governments would be protected under copyright.

"The Espionage Act has never been applied to a third party publication." ---Stefan Molyneux explains below.

www.youtube.com...
"True News: Wikileaks--The Hammer comes Down"
edit on 21-12-2010 by Alethea because: add link

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join