It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange could face espionage trial in US

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Assange could face espionage trial in US

www.independent.co.uk

Informal discussions have already taken place between US and Swedish officials over the possibility of the WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange being delivered into American custody, according to diplomatic sources.

Mr Assange is in a British jail awaiting extradition proceedings to Sweden after being refused bail at Westminster Magistrates’ Court despite a number of prominent public figures offering to stand as surety.

(visit the link for the full news article)

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
And here it is folks! The REAL reason why Assange had a 'warrant' out for his arrest!

POLITICAL PRESSURE from our criminalistic gov!

Nice try at attempting to disguise it with the LAME 'rape' charge though!

So let me see, Darth Cheney and Dubya can openly out a CIA AGENT, start a foreign invasion responsible for tens of thousands of murders and deaths, and still be touring and doing cushy book deals free as birds, but this guy gets arrested for exposing THEIR crimes?!?

Something is so wrong with this picture I can not even BEGIN to wrap my head around it.

Is there ANYBODY here who is not seeing through the transparency and grotesque double standards of this entire charade?

www.independent.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
This is exactly what terrifies me about this.

We are gonna get caught in the crossfire. After all, we are just "the people"

God help us, I think we are in for the ride of our lives. If this doesn't wake people up, nothing will.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

You speak the truth. I wish we'd prosecute the real criminals of the world, ahem, our politicians. Aren't they supposed to represent us, The People? Well, notice that The People sure as F aren't calling for his head or conviction, it is our corrupt, evil leaders that demand for his execution to protect their extremely dirty laundry from finally being aired. We The People have been calling for transparency and the truth from our government since its very beginning. We never got it. How about we finally get some people in office that actually want the same things we desire! Let's hope they never get their blood soaked hands on him, so he can reveal the true history of our world, and prove once and for all just how corrupt TPTB really are to every citizen on the planet!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
You knew once he entered that jail he was never coming back out (except to transfer to another jail!)

The big concern now is when he starts getting visits from "doctors" in jail. I'm sure our governments will pick apart his mind for how best to dismantle the Wikileaks network.

CX

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I don't agree with everything Wikileaks has released, however if the US government try for some trumped up espionage charge, i hope the entire weight of the hacking world comes down and craps on them from a great height.

As has already been said, why haven't the criminals in the government been charged with anything?

CX.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
What Country or government doesn't get involved in or actively seek espionage for their own benefit?

Very hypocritical.

CX

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Yet Hillary Clinton can order staff to spy on members of the UN and other so-called allies?

Is this a case of "we can do it but don't like it done to us"?

CX.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
Yet Hillary Clinton can order staff to spy on members of the UN and other so-called allies?

CX.

That is the crux of this whole sordid affair. They've been busily and progressively increasing the intrusion into ordinary people's lives for the last few decades... The mantra that always gets rolled out when anyone questions this Big Brother society is ' If you've got nothing to hide you've got nothing to fear'

As Simon Jenkins put it recently in The Guardian, also quoted in an article there yesterday

As Simon Jenkins put it recently in the Guardian, "Disclosure is messy and tests moral and legal boundaries. It is often irresponsible and usually embarrassing. But it is all that is left when regulation does nothing, politicians are cowed, lawyers fall silent and audit is polluted. Accountability can only default to disclosure." What we are hearing from the enraged officialdom of our democracies is mostly the petulant screaming of emperors whose clothes have been shredded by the net.

Ain't payback a bitch!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX

CX.

Yes hypocrisy at it's finest..
BTW, we must remember Julian is NOT american and he did NOT steal this information..

Everyone should riot in the streets also if they make a new law to charge him with..
Retrospective should not work that way..

If it was not illegal at the time of the offence, how can it be illegal later???

Imagine if they were allowed to do that...
What other laws could they change in the future and charge people retrospectivily?????

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
If Assange gets sent to the US then Australia better grow some nuts and stand up for their citizen!

2nd line.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I want the owner of the NYT to be charged with any crimes they dare charge Assange with,hypocracy at its finest. Wikileaks has millions of fans the backlash would be huge,I dare say even anarchy may result from such measures.

The USA has become a tyranical fascist nightmare,I am ashamed.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Ellsberg: “EVERY attack now made on WikiLeaks and Julian Assange was made against me and the release of the Pentagon Papers at the time.”

So shame on Barack Obama, Eric Holder, and all those who spew platitudes about integrity, justice and accountability while allowing war criminals and torturers to walk freely upon the earth. … the American people should be outraged that their government has transformed a nation with a reputation for freedom, justice, tolerance and respect for human rights into a backwater that revels in its criminality, cover-ups, injustices and hypocrisies.

Daniel Ellsberg's Website

`The truth will always win’ Op-Ed in Austrailian Today by Juliane Assange

Petition to Support Wikileaks

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
If Assange gets sent to the US then Australia better grow some nuts and stand up for their citizen!

2nd line.

As much as i'd like that to happen, Australia is being led by an American-loving puppet, and whatever TPTB whispers into her ear, she does unfortunately... Unless we, the people who have disagreed with pretty much everything she's said in the past few weeks do something about it.
edit on 8-12-2010 by aRogue because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
This is not good.

And entirely unexpected...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Double Poast, sorry.

Especially whilst we have scum lurking in our system like the following...

WikiLeaks outs America's Aussie mole: Labor's Mark Arbib named as embassy source

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by aRogue

FEDERAL Labor powerbroker Mark Arbib has been outed as a key source of intelligence on government and internal party machinations to the US embassy.

Machinations is a fun older english term that is way too connotative for a journalistic source.

People are fun...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by aRogue

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia

2nd line.

As much as i'd like that to happen, Australia is being led by an American-loving puppet, and whatever TPTB whispers into her ear, she does unfortunately... Unless we, the people who have disagreed with pretty much everything she's said in the past few weeks do something about it.
edit on 8-12-2010 by aRogue because: (no reason given)

Your are wrong..There are many Australians including politicians that are speaking out in favour of Julian..
Even Rudd has stated it's all the US's fault and Julian did nothing wrong..

Many are calling on the Government here to act in getting Julian out..

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Agreed and it's great to see, but Gillard aka the puppet holds the power to act, does she not? And whatever America says, she does. This was blatantly obvious from her previous press conference about Assange.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
How can the USA charge him with espionage when he not only attacked the US, then the rest of the world would be lining up as well...
ESPIONAGE "...gathering, transmitting, or losing...information related to the national defense".
umm didnt he expose their counter-measures ??? not the defense
edit on 9-12-2010 by lavenlaar because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join