It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why pick me for a 'nude' security scan?: Ex-Baywatch star claims airport staff were leering at her

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Its OK for you to ogle her. She published hundreds or more pictures for all people to ogle, anytime they want. Or watch Baywatch reruns, ogle away.

However, lets say Donna contacted you for a face to face interview on her ordeal. As a professional, would you proceed to OGLE her during this interview?

I hope you understand the point I am trying to make.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
I was asked to pose as a Playmate Centerfold at one point in my life

Me Too! Sadly, I'm a guy and, apparently, they decided it wouldn't work.

I'm all for a woman's right to chose her line of work. I'm all for women's rights. I just think that, in this situation, she's trying to milk the scan for her benefit.

hundreds, if not thousands, of women are asked to be scanned or patted down daily. sure, they weren't all once a poster for young boys working their way thru puberty but, I'm guessing, some of the women being asked to pass thru the scanner these days are far hotter than her and, to be honest, I'm not sure if that many people even recognize her. Baywatch and her Playboy days are long gone and she looks very different. She hasn't been seen much in years. Who's to say these guys even recognized her.

Again, I think she's turning this into something it isn't, solely for the publicity.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

I do and no, I wouldn't (she's not my type - wasn't then, isn't now)

I understand what you're saying and I didn't say it was right or fair. I merely said I find it shocking that a woman who had a brief taste of fame, primarily for being naked or in a skimpy bathing suit, is now up in arms over this.

I think, again, that she is up in arms about this because it might help her career.

She's a complete nobody and now she's in the news, she's being talked about.
Her publicist is smiling

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
Also, please read the article, folks. She was there with her family. I am quite sure her son was NOT present during her Playboy shoot.

Unless her son was in the TSA office viewing the image on a computer, then how would he be affected by seeing her go through this scanner ?

The fake imagery that is circulated on the internet is not representative of the actual pictures that these scans provide.

Someone would have to be a complete weirdo to get turned on by these images, as they are decidedly non-sexual.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I do find her statements about her man looking like a terrorist so he should have been chosen for a patdown instead of her very interesting. I can't hate anyone who says this, especially if they are an American. George Bush drilled that word into our heads and we are bombarded with images of Middle Eastern people as TERRORISTS. The fact they chose her to be scanned, by saying she caught their eye but nodding to the crowd they didnt, well thats sick. The terrorist statement is a separate issue than her actual ogling and leering, so to say because she said this she should not expect anyone to care she was ogled is illogical.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Her paycheque is based on her popularity / publicity.

That should be enough to doubt her word right there.

Every second her name is in the media, she just made more money...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
Someone would have to be a complete weirdo to get turned on by these images, as they are decidedly non-sexual.

it's like looking at a naked ken and barbi doll. only less appealing and larger

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

In the photos I have seen of TSA scanner screenings people are forming a line, in the open not an office. Thus anyone can watch. How do you think they filmed wheelchair lady?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I was just commenting on your observation that the Daily Mail tends to be against the TSA scans and pat-downs.

They are just jumping upon the populist libertarian, anti-government bandwagon.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

reply to post by Becoming

How sure are you her kid didnt have to see it, or that others were not watching her go through? I linked to Fergie going through, other people are CLEARLY able to watch. How do you know all you are saying?

And so what if I am siding with the female in this story? My fellow ATSers might think I had been replaced if I didn't assume my usual position, as online avenger of wronged women!

Plus, I have no reason to doubt her word.

Because she didn't say her son saw it. See that would only make for better publicity and possibly an appearance on Oprah.

ASSume your usual position all you want. I find when people always take up their usual posistions on certain topics they end up looking like the first three letters of this paragraph. You are no kind of avenger. You are just the typical feminist who see women as doing nothing wrong and who never lies in order to wrong men. Therefor in your eyes the man has always wronged women and never vise versa. But thats cool, atleast that way you have about a 50/50 chance at being right about something.

You have no reason to believe her either, that is if we don't count whats between her legs.
edit on 8-12-2010 by Becoming because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Becoming

reply to post by Becoming

How sure are you her kid didnt have to see it, or that others were not watching her go through? I linked to Fergie going through, other people are CLEARLY able to watch. How do you know all you are saying?

And so what if I am siding with the female in this story? My fellow ATSers might think I had been replaced if I didn't assume my usual position, as online avenger of wronged women!

Plus, I have no reason to doubt her word.

Because she didn't say her son saw it. See that would only make for better publicity and possibly an appearance on Oprah.

ASSume your usual position all you want. I find when people always take up their usual posistions on certain topics they end up looking like the first three letters of this paragraph. You are no kind of avenger. You are just the typical feminist who see women as doing nothing wrong and who never lies in order to wrong men. Therefor in your eyes the man has always wronged women and never vise versa. But thats cool, atleast that way you have about a 50/50 chance at being right about something.

You have no reason to believe her either, that is if we don't count whats between her legs.
edit on 8-12-2010 by Becoming because: (no reason given)
I dont care what you think, youre wrong about me. But at anyrate, can you clarify what you mean if we dont count whats between her legs? I quoted it for everyone to see.

BTW the internet avenger was what we call humor.

And thanks for invalidating your argument by calling me an ass. Real mature, but then again, I am providing a stance and backing it up, you are talking about Donna's vagina and calling me an ass.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

In the photos I have seen of TSA scanner screenings people are forming a line, in the open not an office. Thus anyone can watch. How do you think they filmed wheelchair lady?

Doesn't the TSA employee who is viewing the scan have his own personal computer screen that he views the image on ?

I'm not sure, as I've never been to an airport that has this technology.

edit on 8-12-2010 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

If thats all you took from that lengthly post (for me anyways) then I see that there is no reason to continue with you.

Good luck fightning for women who may or may not have been wronged by the evil man.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I was just commenting on your observation that the Daily Mail tends to be against the TSA scans and pat-downs.

They are just jumping upon the populist libertarian, anti-government bandwagon.
But maybe they are not, because they had a line in the Fergie Mail article, that said Fergie just went ahead and went throught he scan and got it over with, to make it easier (paraphrasing). Anyway, I was thinking they were anti tsa with all the TSA articles they publish (there is currently a Pam Anderson TSA article), but when that line jumped out at me from the Fergie article, I recognized their doublespeak for what it was, Pro TSA.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I've been seriously considering using a hijab when flying later next week....Does it really help you get through security without having to go through the scanner or get the invasive pat down?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Me either. Where is TSA expert Alex Jones when you need him, huh? I thought the screen was on the other side of the scanner doorway apparatus, and someone sat there looking at it while you walked through. But maybe the actual screen is some where else. For her to see or perceive them leering at her, they would be next to the scanner.

I have no reaosn to not believe her. I have been ogled, most of us females have been. Trust me, we KNOW whne its a pervy ogle or leer and a respectful appreciation. Women know the difference. One makes us feel dirty and the other makes us feel good.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
"That is the most retarded logic ever. Because she once took some nude photos nearly two decades ago she should be fine with men ogling her any #ing time they feel like? Yeah this level of intelligence is indicative of this website's administration."

It is also indicative of the despicable agenda behind this website. All this is done while using the Orwellian motto of denying ignorance of course.

"I merely said I find it shocking that a woman who had a brief taste of fame, primarily for being naked or in a skimpy bathing suit, is now up in arms over this."

I find it shocking that there are freedom loving people on this forum advocating the destruction of people's constitutional rights by playing the roll of TSA apologist. However, I find it less shocking that this view is coming from those within ATS.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

What you say about this getting her back in the news is true. However, I think there is a larger issue here you are over-looking. Was there any abuse of authority?

From the article linked in the OP..

She said she asked why she had been chosen from a long line of passengers. ‘In a very sarcastic tone, and still holding me by the elbow, the agent responded, “Because you caught my eye, and they didn’t”

Consider this hypothetical situation -

A pretty woman walking down the street. Guys look at her. Its going to happen. Some will leer, some will glance, some will flirt, some will pretend not to look... it happens all the time. Most in society accept this. Is this ok?

Now lets say one of the guys is a guy with some power - lets say a cop and uses that power to decide he needs to do a stop and frisk on her even though he has no reason to suspect her of anything other than she "caught his eye". - Is this ok? What if he calls one of his buddies over too?

I think one is an abuse of authority. From your posts thus far it seems like you think both are ok?

Yes - the publicity of this may very well help her career.

However, you are ignoring the issue of if the agent is just using his position of power to oogle the curves of attractive women?

So he did it to a former Baywatch star / Playboy model, she called the news and its ok that he did it?
If we found he did it to a 17 year old cheerleader flying home to see grandmom because they "caught his eye" would it still be ok?
edit on 8-12-2010 by Frogs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

it's like looking at a naked ken and barbi doll. only less appealing and larger

I'm a weirdo and would like a peek, I bet you guys would too. I also bet you could enjoy it sexually, but you refuse to admit it. Just imagine the curves, so what if it is blue, the curves get us everytime.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

it's her story and she is, presumably, the one who leaked it to the press so it must be taken with a grain of salt.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join