It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why pick me for a 'nude' security scan?: Ex-Baywatch star claims airport staff were leering at her

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Why pick me for a 'nude' security scan?: Ex-Baywatch star claims airport staff were leering at her contours

Daily Mail Article

The airport security man could have chosen any one of the queue of passengers to undergo a ‘nude’ security scan.
Surprise, surprise, he picked blonde ex-Playboy model Donna D’Errico.

The former Baywatch beauty claims she was singled out although her bearded boyfriend Roy J Bank actually looks like a ‘stereotypical terrorist’.

She adds that she saw officers from the Transportation Security Administration ‘leering’ at her scan, which reveals every contour of the body.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.foxnews.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Wheelchair-Bound Airline Passenger, Strips To Lingerie For TSA Patdown (VIDEO)
edit on 8-12-2010 by Skyfloating because: Corrected Coding of Links

edit on Wed, 08 Dec 2010 10:00:48 -0600 by hotbakedtater because: Thanks Sky!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Well because her Boyfriend looks like a "typical terrorist", SHE gets harrassed?

This story caught my eye because she used to date one of the dudes in Motley Crue (my favorite hair band.) But more than that, she is claiming she was singled out because she is sexy. She claims the agent said she caught their eye and the other people did not.

What is a "typical terrorist?" Did the Mail just make that up?

Added a fox link and an ats link to the sexy wheelchair woman TSA story.

I completely believe that these jerks are abusing their power at TSA and singling out sexy ladies. Thank goodness I am old fat and ugly! I can still fly!!

[url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1336331/Baywatchs-Donna-DErrico-picked-nude-TSA-body-scan-airport-staff-leered.html]www.dailymail.co.uk[/ url]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Miss D’Errico said she felt ‘overexposed’ at being chosen to go through the scanner.

as opposed to overexposed posing in playboy.

In a related story, Donna D'Errico is looking for work, as an actress or a model and her resume now includes "tsa agents thought I was hot enough for a scan." She's still irrelevant.

This is what the world is coming to. Former playboy models (this is the second one) are now using the TSA for publicity.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
they picked her because she was in playboy. welcome to the new america where all TSA members dreams come true

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I'd pick her also what man in his right mind wouldn't...

I don't condone it, but if someone HAS the power to see through certain peoples clothes, i'm sure their going to use it.....

It's legal though, they didn't do anything illegal.... They have that power and people are going to abuse it.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

You know I had NOT thoughtm of it that way! I hope this is exactly what she did and it becomes a trend. Good for her then. And if she did not purposely do this, and indeed was chosen by pervy tsa goons, then she SHOULD milk it and embarass them.

ETA:

I wanted to touch on her Playboy days. She is my age, and although she is still pretty maybe now she doesn't want to be naked all the time. She CHOSE to do Playboy, that is her empowerment. She did NOT choose to be leered at and ogled by supposed professionals. This wa snot the scanner at the mansion it was in a crowded airport!

All she wanted to do is fly with her typical terrorist looking BF for goodness sake.
edit on Wed, 08 Dec 2010 10:00:07 -0600 by hotbakedtater because: adding a thought in defense of Donna

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
You can't embarass a pervert by showing them your stuff....

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Hah! Lame a** excuse for generating publicity for the actress & the scanners.

It's an age old formula used by these fools who think us to be fools to sell everything using a beautiful face and/or beautiful body.

Like they say, no publicity is bad publicity.

PS- Not that i care, but is this really 'breaking' alternate news??
edit on 8-12-2010 by letmeDANz because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-12-2010 by letmeDANz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Kinda funny, if she didn't want men learing at her she should not have posed in Playboy. I suppose she was mad because they didn't pay for the peep show.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Can't blame her though, hell If someone payed me to get butt ass naked I damn sure would!
edit on 8-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

as opposed to overexposed posing in playboy.

Ya know women are funny about that. It's something called CHOICE.
It's also something called WHEN AND WHERE.

This is what the world is coming to. Former playboy models (this is the second one) are now using the TSA for publicity.

Of course she is - Don't be ridiculous!

Yeah, I wonder how much dough she had to fork over in bribes to get the TSA agent to search her? (/sarcasm)

peace

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

pretty much destroys her argument, right?

she poses in a magazine most often held up with one hand and then complains when someone is ogling her?

Nobody's even asked how the press picked this up. Want to know how?

Her publicist had to have notified the press. Otherwise, like the rest of her career post Baywatch, it would have gone unnoticed.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Ya know women are funny about that. It's something called CHOICE.
It's also something called WHEN AND WHERE.

I won't argue that but, when you expose every inch of your body in an internationally sold magazine, you can't really be surprised when you are ogled by men who recognize you, can you?

Does it give them the right to scan her? No. Did they scan her simply because she used to be a playboy model/crappy actress?

Don't know. For all we know, she went there hoping to get scanned or patted down so she could try and kickstart her stalled career.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Black Eyed Peas Fergie Goes Through Scanner, PIX

Just wanted to add anotherTSA DailyMail story about Fergie, the lead singer of the Black Eyed Peas.

Fergie obviously made the wise choice to head into the scanner and be done with it.

Wait, what is this? Some PRO TSA PROPAGANDA?

The DailMail, a UK paper, has led the pack in TSA stories, especially of the alarmist kind regarding being able to see people nude, and other indignitites. If one did not knwo better one would assume the paper is ANTI TSA.

This random Fergie TSA quote says otherwise.

IMO.

What is their reason for this?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
TSA, TnA,
What's the freakin' difference?

She should wear a burqa and go through undetected.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
Kinda funny, if she didn't want men learing at her she should not have posed in Playboy. I suppose she was mad because they didn't pay for the peep show.
Um, she posed in Playboy when she was a twenty five year old kid. She is 41 now, and if men want to leer at her, they need to PAY to PEEP and trot out and buy the magazine so they can do so.

Posing in Playboy in 1995 does not give men the world over the RIGHT to demand she suffer in silence to their ogles in In appropriate places (the TSA scanner being one of them)!!!!

That is such antifemale thinking.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

All it is going to take is a very good lawyer to find ONE Airport agent from a TSA screening contractor with a hinky background and someone is really going to sue the pants off them.

If a person who sold a horse gets sued because the horse threw a kid AND said horse had just been bitten in the muzzle by a dog before throwing the kid, then some high priced lawyer is going to see $$$$ and go after the TSA screening contractors.

I do mean CONTRACTORS in the plural. A friend who makes flags got sued because he makes flags yet the accident was caused by another manufacturer. All manufacturers were named in the law suit.

Hinky background => checking out the ladies has got to be a lot easier to prove.

Would airport operators be liable in the Screening Partnership Program?

The Transportation Security Administration is of the opinion that airport operators who do not perform screening services should not face liability for screening services, whether they are provided by TSA employees or companies under contract to TSA. TSA bases this opinion in part on the fact that airport operators do not control Federal screening standards and have no authority over either TSA TSOs or TSA screening contractors. Ultimately, a court of competent jurisdiction would most likely decide the issue of liability depending on the facts of a specific case. www.tsa.gov...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by earthdude

pretty much destroys her argument, right?

she poses in a magazine most often held up with one hand and then complains when someone is ogling her?

Excuse me? So because fifteen years ago, in her prime, she decided to pose for Playboy, she has no right to complain when a professional in the airport leers at her and ogles her while she is being scanned? Should she be cool with it if someone asks her to get nude because he left his mag at home?

Nobody's even asked how the press picked this up. Want to know how?

Her publicist had to have notified the press. Otherwise, like the rest of her career post Baywatch, it would have gone unnoticed.
Why wouldn't they notify the press?

Also, you keep mentioning her career revitalization as an excuse for your remarks about her. I was wondering what career news you could link to for us, to sustain this argument. I would like to read about it.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
What got me more was I found a video of the same page of the paper of some disgusting coward beating up his lab puppy....owner never got jail time

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
i think her main problem is...these scanners dont use photoshop :S

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join