It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why pick me for a 'nude' security scan?: Ex-Baywatch star claims airport staff were leering at her

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

sorry, doll outlines don't do it for me.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
Me either. Where is TSA expert Alex Jones when you need him, huh? I thought the screen was on the other side of the scanner doorway apparatus, and someone sat there looking at it while you walked through. But maybe the actual screen is some where else. For her to see or perceive them leering at her, they would be next to the scanner.

''Alex Jones'' and ''expert'' in the same sentence ? Surely an oxymoron.

I'm not sure of the actualities of the process, as I haven't been to an airport that has this procedure ( and I never will ).

I was under the impression that the images of someone who goes through this scanner is assessed by some TSA monkey in a booth, who then gives the ''all-clear'' to the other TSA baboon, who's responsible for putting people through these scanners.

I have no reaosn to not believe her. I have been ogled, most of us females have been. Trust me, we KNOW whne its a pervy ogle or leer and a respectful appreciation. Women know the difference. One makes us feel dirty and the other makes us feel good.

I have no reason to believe or disbelieve her; my position is neutral, as I didn't witness this incident.

It's not just females that have to 'suffer' ogling. I am a heterosexual male, and I sometimes get ogled by women and gay men.

I also have been known to participate in a bit of ''ogling'' myself, but I'd never do it in a way that may make the subject of my ''ogle'' uncomfortable.

I look at the beauty of femininity, like I look at a work of art. I may occasionally and absent-mindedly stare at an attractive woman in a dreamy fashion, but I'm looking at her from an aesthetic perspective, and it's not even sexual. As soon as I'm consciously aware that I may be staring, then I immediately turn my gaze elsewhere. I was brought up with manners !

I tend to find that the difference that women make between a ''leer'' and ''respectful appreciation'' is based upon the physical attractiveness of the male who is making the glance !

edit on 8-12-2010 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
yeah tater thank goodness you can still fly.

but seriously i feel her pain; the image of beauty is not the nakedness shown when beauty is not prepared to be itself. i would complain if my "livelihood" was compromised by allowing a non commissioned aspect of my "work" to be seen without preparation.

i can see why they picked her; are they trained out of their desires.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

You raise an excellent point, frogs. It is the potential abuse of power that is so disgusting.

The wheel chair lady is not famous, and she did media interviews after her encounter. Just because Donna is famous, does not automatically mean this is a mere publicity stunt like some are insinuating.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

I know if it happened to me, I would call the media too. Heck I called them when I was merely fired for my bumperstickers!! If this indeed happened like she said it did (the deliberate choosing, and the ogling) why is it wrong for her to let others know of her experience? Just because she is famous?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

I should have qualified the Alex Jones statement with self proclaimed tsa expert!!

And regarding ogling, you may be right in the handsomeness of the man statement. I and other coworkers were ogled by a former coworked. He was an old nasty dirty drunk, and it was disgusting. But I have had good looking men do it, and it still disgusts me when it is so obvious and the guy goes into making dirty comments to boot.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ausar
yeah tater thank goodness you can still fly.

but seriously i feel her pain; the image of beauty is not the nakedness shown when beauty is not prepared to be itself. i would complain if my "livelihood" was compromised by allowing a non commissioned aspect of my "work" to be seen without preparation.

i can see why they picked her; are they trained out of their desires.
I was teasing about still being able to fly, I can barely afford gasoline for my hoopdee, so I have little prospects of jet setting it any time soon.

But you bring up a good point, regarding those whose livelihood is made off of their looks.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
lol.. wow.. yeah I tend to agree with the other guy couldn't photoshop it so she is pissed.. this is not news.. and no one cares about a 41 year old hag.. who rushes thru the airport and than bitches when she gets stopped.. and god.. no one wants to see a playboy bunny 15 20 years later.. all that's left is just horrible .. shame on the Op for bringing this up on ATS.. its just nasty if she can't look the way she did in play boy.. and no look like the pictures.. ...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
Kinda funny, if she didn't want men learing at her she should not have posed in Playboy. I suppose she was mad because they didn't pay for the peep show.
Um, she posed in Playboy when she was a twenty five year old kid. She is 41 now, and if men want to leer at her, they need to PAY to PEEP and trot out and buy the magazine so they can do so.

Posing in Playboy in 1995 does not give men the world over the RIGHT to demand she suffer in silence to their ogles in In appropriate places (the TSA scanner being one of them)!!!!

That is such antifemale thinking.

I'm with you 100% on this.

What she did or did not do fifteen years ago was her choice, not a license for every creep with a TSA badge or decoder ring or whatever the hell they have to violate her privacy now, against her wishes, simply because she is still an attractive woman.

Guys wake up. I've had a number of girlfriends who let me take provocative pictures, does that give me the right to show them to someone else? NO. Does that give anyone who wants to see those pictures the right to? Again no.

Playboy compensated her for the photo shoot, and worked out with her and her publicist exactly what pictures would appear. Maybe she should sue TSA for a like amount adjusted for inflation.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
This is Donna now
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/83ff759529fd.jpg[/atsimg]

I notice that the mail chose to use a very old picture of her when she was still very scan worthy.

I mean don't get me wrong she's still quite scannable, but no more then any other mildly attractive middle aged woman with horrible fake breasts

That is not Donna, that is Nicole Eggert another former baywatch cast member

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reaper2137
lol.. wow.. yeah I tend to agree with the other guy couldn't photoshop it so she is pissed.. this is not news.. and no one cares about a 41 year old hag.. who rushes thru the airport and than bitches when she gets stopped.. and god.. no one wants to see a playboy bunny 15 20 years later.. all that's left is just horrible .. shame on the Op for bringing this up on ATS.. its just nasty if she can't look the way she did in play boy.. and no look like the pictures.. ...
Shame on me for bringing this to ATS? Give me a break, KEEP your daggum shame and wallow in it for even posting in such a shameful thread.
There are plenty of legitimate reasons for Donna to be upset if this happened the way she said. Nothing has come out that I know of refuting her version.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

She is just mad because she was paid for the Playboy exposure, but the TSA got to look for free. I bet that scan is saved on all the male TSA employees hard drives too.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

something like this was bound to happen eventually

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

Originally posted by silo13
Ya know women are funny about that. It's something called CHOICE.
It's also something called WHEN AND WHERE.

I won't argue that but, when you expose every inch of your body in an internationally sold magazine, you can't really be surprised when you are ogled by men who recognize you, can you?

Does it give them the right to scan her? No. Did they scan her simply because she used to be a playboy model/crappy actress?

Don't know. For all we know, she went there hoping to get scanned or patted down so she could try and kickstart her stalled career.

So just because she is a former playboy model justifies what the TSA scum did and gives her no right to complain? Not only to her but to many others who were not. I fail to see why she does not have the right to complain as well as anyone else just because of her former career... You're not making much sense here...
edit on 8-12-2010 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

This story caught my eye because she used to date one of the dudes in Motley Crue (my favorite hair band.)

lol

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Trust me, we KNOW whne its a pervy ogle or leer and a respectful appreciation. Women know the difference. One makes us feel dirty and the other makes us feel good.

I admit I have and do but I appreciate what I am looking at. It falls more into the respectful appreciation of an attractive woman. I have even risked bar fights to compliment a qoman with her other half and tell him he is lucky.

If it was leering, it;s just wrong if it's attention seeking, it's still wrong. No reason to start a riot in a theater.

ETA: if I see an attractive woman I'll look, smile nod and say 'hello" but I don't oggile them.
edit on 12/8/2010 by hoagy1199 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I have no reaosn to not believe her. I have been ogled, most of us females have been. Trust me, we KNOW whne its a pervy ogle or leer and a respectful appreciation. Women know the difference. One makes us feel dirty and the other makes us feel good.

I certainly don't mind giving a pretty lady a smile and holding a door for her. And though as a man I sure wouldn't mind seeing the "goodies", but I damned sure wouldn't pick her out to run through a scanner. I love women; every woman has something beautiful about them. But no man has a license to take that and violate her dignity.

Can you other guys imagine a pedo picking out your 13 year old daughter to go through this scan???

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Nothing ever to be jealous of, never. They were really sweet people, very nice and ...fun. My past is like a past life if you know what I mean? My little sister was closer than me, but yeah they liked me but I was too on the go to ever really connect. I did drag them to a very uppity party once and we hung out together on the stairs for the most part making fun of the snobs. I am very happy they did well in their careers, they deserved it.

AS for Donna of baywatch fame, well it is hard to grow old and maybe this was one of those ploys a woman makes when she knows she is loosing her looks, you know the ole "Oh they just wanted me" to make her lover jealous or something. Who knows but like Crakeur said she is by no means a hottie anymore and many goodlooking women have passed through without a problem...

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Not sure if this has anything to do with Donna's nightmare at the TSA, but it seems she is now suffering from a Staph infection. She says she caught it the ICU while visiting someone. Gee everywhere Donna goes lately, misery follows. Maybe there is a conspiracy here after all.

www.tmz.com...

Sources close to D'Errico tell TMZ the former Baywatch star has been infected with MRSA -- methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus -- which is very difficult to treat because it's highly resistant to antibiotics.

We're told Donna contracted the MRSA from a relative who was hospitalized in ICU.

D'Errico posted a status update on her Facebook page, saying, "Prayer request - this time for me - a serious medical issue has arisen. Thank you for any and all prayers."

We're told Donna is expected to be hospitalized for at least a few more days.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join