It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian Official: Israel Could Be Behind Deadly Shark Attack

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Source

An Egyptian official believes that Israel's intelligence agency might be behind the fatal shark attack of a German tourist in Sinai over the weekend, the Jerusalem Post reports.

"What is being said about the Mossad throwing the deadly shark (in the sea) to hit tourism in Egypt is not out of the question, but it needs time to confirm," South Sinai Gov. Muhammad Abdel Fadil Shousha told egynews.net.

Well this is certainly a new low.. And people wonder why some of us argue about articles coming out of the Middle East. Israel behind shark attacks and being blamed by Egypt. Sometimes in their effort to blame Israel for, well, just about everything, I think they are giving Mossad too much credit in being able to alter a shark to make it attack toursists in Egyptian waters.

Operation: Coy Pond

How did they train the sharks to know how to get to Egypt. Once there, how are they trained to attack just tourists? Are these sharks suppose to report back to Mossad, or their handler - Flipper.

How are we suppose to get access to information.. I dont think anyone has porpoise clearence.

Anyone know how to say:

"I think we are gonna need a bigger boat" / "أظن أننا بحاجة كان اكبر سفينة "

edit on 7-12-2010 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-12-2010 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

أظن أننا بحاجة كان اكبر سفينة

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Binoit316

translation please.

I guess the possibility of it just being a random shark attack isn't as fun eh?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justaposter

translation please.

"I think we are gonna need a bigger boat"

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Binoit316

Lol thanks for that.. I asked for the arabic translation for the Jaws movie line when he sees jaws for the first time.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
ya i read about that.

its so inane and i know there are people stupid enough to believe it....

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by Justaposter

translation please.

"I think we are gonna need a bigger boat"

Greatest thread and post ever.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
to Egyptians having a shark attack is as unusual as an alien encounter, so what they cant explain naturally they end up blaming their one enemy, Israel. And since Israel did invade Sinai once, and Egyptians sort of kicked them out, so there is always that fear of retaliation in some way.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Here is an Egyptian marine biologist shooting down the story and calling it "sad".

Expert shoots down conspiracy theory blaming Israel for shark attacks

Mahmoud Hanafy, a professor of marine biology at the Suez Canal University, told Ahram Online that it is "sad," that Egyptian national TV helped perpetuate the theory that the shark attacks, which resulted in one death and four serious injuries this week, may have been controlled by Israel.
Marine biologist Hanafy refuted the allegations, saying that the Oceanic White Tip, blamed for the attacks, does indeed exist in Egypt's waters. He also added that the existence of a GPS inside the shark does not mean there is a conspiracy at play, adding that these "tracking devices" are often used by marine biologists to study sea life.

"Here in Egypt we put these devices on turtles, in danger of becoming extinct, so that we can watch their behavior, see where they live, feed and lay their eggs," explains Hanafy. "It sends signals to the satellite every time the creature appears on the surface of the ocean. It is sad that they made a person whose only knowledge of sharks comes from the movie Jaws go on national TV to propagate this mumbo-jumbo."

You'd think that would put this to rest. But my prediction is this will story will get legs and continue to be reported. I'd go so far as to say that sooner or later it will be posted here on ATS and get lots of S&F.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

In all fairness this does seem like one Egyptian official saying something stupid, this doesn't mean the entire Egyptian government, or people think the same way.

The same kind of generalizations are always being done to Israel- One rabbi says something stupid, and suddenly every Israeli is an asshole..

All in all it seems kind of stupid, and totally blown out of proportion..

reply to post by DuneKnight

lol.. What are you on about? Israel and Egypt aren't enemies... And Israel *gave* Sinai back for peace.

And for the record- Israel kicked Egypt's ass each and every time...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Too many Austin Powers references here.

"All I wanted was friggin sharks with friggin laser beams on their heads".

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
If the US NAvy & Coast Guard are and have been using dolphins to track underwater mines...

and MIT can remotely control cockroaches with RC car controllers...

then who's to say that a Shark's (primitive) nervous system couldn't be modified the same?

just because the general public has been dumbed down to such a pathetic level, and the intelligence community has amassed technology far beyond the public's scope or even comprehension...

doesn't mean anything that may sound "absurd" to the general public is FICTION.

I'm not saying this allegation here is true... I'm just saying it's not impossible... or implausible.

"Absurdity, my son.. Always absurdity... NO ONE EVER SUSPECTS... the absurd."

absurdity and mockery are the best covers yet.

-

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge
If the US NAvy & Coast Guard are and have been using dolphins to track underwater mines...

and MIT can remotely control cockroaches with RC car controllers...

then who's to say that a Shark's (primitive) nervous system couldn't be modified the same?

just because the general public has been dumbed down to such a pathetic level, and the intelligence community has amassed technology far beyond the public's scope or even comprehension...

doesn't mean anything that may sound "absurd" to the general public is FICTION.

I'm not saying this allegation here is true... I'm just saying it's not impossible... or implausible.

"Absurdity, my son.. Always absurdity... NO ONE EVER SUSPECTS... the absurd."

absurdity and mockery are the best covers yet.

-

I agree that it is probable that this technology exists.

I just think the whole idea of remote controlling a shark to bite a tourist, is just stupid, and a waste of money.

Whats much more likely, is that Egypt decided to take advantage of the anti-israel rhetoric, and this claim, however absurd was sort of a 'lets see what people will believe" sort of thing.
edit on 7-12-2010 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eliad

lol.. What are you on about? Israel and Egypt aren't enemies... And Israel *gave* Sinai back for peace.

And for the record- Israel kicked Egypt's ass each and every time...

okay yeah probably, but they are still enemies in the mind of the public, both sides, forget about their governments actions, its just logical politics. I talked to many Israelis about this so I know.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Nah.. 30 years of peace have made a difference.. They're not enemies anymore.. Not the best of friends, but certainly not enemies.

I have no ideas what the Egyptians think, though..

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

I would nomrally agree with you, but how many times have we seen Egyptian Government officals talking to a media outlet while giving there name? AT least the governor was rational enough to state the mossad claims needs to be looked at bofore beleiving it hook line and floatation barrels.

Still the whoel thing just seems absurd to me.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eliad

Nah.. 30 years of peace have made a difference.. They're not enemies anymore.. Not the best of friends, but certainly not enemies.

I have no ideas what the Egyptians think, though..

Please. Is that why Egypt allows arms to be smuggled into Gaza?
Is that why Egypt has accepted palestine as a state? and routinely criticizes Israel? and in general, Egyptians, just like most arabs, despise the state of Israel.

There is no real friendship between israel and egypt. Maybe thats what the Israel media shovels down your throat.. But its clearly not true.

Only normal media in Israel is Ynet and Arutzsheva.

HaAreTz is complete and utter BS. and so is the Jerusalem post.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Its one thing training bugs and other animals to perform surveillance. Dolphins are at least intelligent enough to recognize an image of themselves in a mirror.

Anyone want to be the person who has the train a shark? How to get it to the beach, and how to get it to attack tourists?

Seems some what of a stretch to me. I am glad the scientist guy spoke out about this..

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Its one thing training bugs and other animals to perform surveillance. Dolphins are at least intelligent enough to recognize an image of themselves in a mirror.

Anyone want to be the person who has the train a shark? How to get it to the beach, and how to get it to attack tourists?

Seems some what of a stretch to me. I am glad the scientist guy spoke out about this..

Heres a better question. why?

do you really think Israel would allocate money to a program that trains sharks to bite people?

Its absurd. Its a good ol' case of a preposterous allegation.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

AHAHAHAHAHAHH...
Where did you get the Idea that the egyptians kicked them out?
Egypt and the other arab nations attacked them and got their @$$es handed to them...
Isreal withdrew after receiving promises of peace...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join