It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Evolution Of A Conspiracy Theorist's Champion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
It was bound to happen, the latest champion of conspiracy theorists has been turned on. It's not the first time it has happened and it won't be the last, it's the inevitable fate that awaits all conspiracy champions.

We all know who Julian Assange is, we know what he does and he was applauded for it by conspiracy theorists young and old, the white knight of the tin hatters.

But the white knight has fallen, only slightly I might add but his grace amongst his peers is beginning to wane, the foul smell of mutiny rises yet again into the nostrils of a conspiracy champion.

Others before him have had to deal with this mutiny, Alex Jones, Glenn Beck, the list goes on. All of these people have had their peers turn on them at one point or another, it is the evolution of a conspiracy theorist's champion.

First, they love them, applaud them, believe in them, then the stench starts to brew, the ingrained distrust of anyone and everyone starts to surface and before you know it, the knife has been firmly placed in the back.

It can't be stopped, it's evolution baby.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
This is almost as bad as the "Avatar" backlash.

Seriously, though.
I think the majority of the backlash comes not from any type of media manipulation, but the content of the information being leaked. What we have here, is not some website releasing files on Roswell, or Project Bluebeam, or the Tri-lateral Commission. No, we have national security interests, names of allies and informants. Im all for exposing the nastiness of the government, but have some discretion?

Like alot of things...The spirit is there, but the devil is in the details.

Thats what I think...

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by InertiaZero

Can't argue that logic.

Fact is though, mutiny is never far off with these guys.

Jesse Ventura and Ron Paul better watch their backs, I suspect they're next.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
It can't be stopped, it's evolution baby.

I like your style!

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

Thanks!

Was hoping more would stop by and share their thoughts.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I think it goes without saying that most people in the upper echelons of governments and business are corrupt, dishonest, unethical, secretive, exploitative, and constantly seeking to exert power and control over those that they are able to. I don't think that believing in this is a ''tinfoil'' conspiracy theory, when you only have to look throughout history and human nature to see that this has, and always will, happen when humans have power and opportunity to exploit that power.

I believe that the nefarious actions of people with power are largely opportunistic and not systematically organised, rather than a highly organised, agenda-driven ''NWO'' that so many people seem to believe in.

This is why I think that a lot of the backlash against Assange and Wikileaks comes from ''conspiracy theorists'' who are convinced that a ''NWO'' exists, yet the released cables don't appear to back up their theories, so they automatically come to the conclusion that Wikileaks must be Cointelpro and Assange a CIA operative !

The cables so far have shown a world of diplomacy that is chaotic, disorganised and somewhat mundane.
They've highlighted deceit, dishonesty, secret negotiations and corruption on the global stage; but we all knew that existed anyway.

So when some people have in their mind that there is some large scale, highly organised NWO masterplan, and when evidence is released that doesn't necessarily support this theory, rather than consider that their ideas may be wrong or exaggerated, they instead attempt to discredit the source of the information that doesn't fit in with their pre-conceived theories and ideas.

edit on 6-12-2010 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Ron Paul is a conspiracy theorist?
And here I was thinking he was just one of very few that gave a rats behind about our country...

I think I will just keep thinking for myself, thanks anyway Chadwickus.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

Thanks for missing the point entirely.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Your analysis is accurate in the eyes of this conspiracy theorist. I have not turned on Julian Assange and I have absolutely no plans of doing so. I believe firmly in him and his mission, I have yet to see any credible evidence mounted against him. He is a conspiracy theorist champion, a hero, yet even here on a conspiracy theorist website people are attacking him.

The paranoia among this crowed is astonishing. It is almost as if many of the people here have ADD, they cannot hold onto one subject for more than a few weeks before it either loses their interest or they begin to suspect it is a lie.

Great thread and analysis, S+F

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I feel like the content of the leaks has a lot to do with the fact that nobody seems to care anymore.

What if he had released a second camera angle of the JFK murder showing a gunshot coming from anywhere but the book depository building?

Maybe then people would still be interested... Maybe not, people just don't have the attention span.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
S&F

yup cause he hasn't leaked any thing about aliens, is too slow getting the leaks out [never mind all the problems he's got on his plate at the moment], or whatever silly excuses.

there's even idiots hoping to kill the golden goose as it were, cause all the alien stuff or whatever pet conspiracy is in the encrypted file and they "wanna see it now!"

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Sad fact of life, messenger is often shot with the message, human nature

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Donegal_TDI

It is in the nature of the conspiracy theorists to distrust almost everything and everyone. Therefore it is indeed very true that it is just a matter of time before they accuse their very "leader" of being something he is not. They feed on conspiracy, and spare no one.

Just look at the people claiming ats is some sort of goverment operation, yet they are the same ones that loved ats before, yet now turn on it.

It is just how a conspiracy rolls.

vvv

new topics

top topics

join