It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats wrong with me!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I think somethings wrong with me lol. Im fifteen and Ive never had a boyfriend. I've had a lot of guys ask me out, but I say no. Even if I like them I say no. I dont know why!! And theres this guy that likes me right now (I think, not sure:puz
And I want to go out with him, but I think I dont have any confidence or something. Whenever he flirts with me I just ignore him. I never know if he's serious or not. Its hard to tell.

I want to flirt back, but I dont want to seem...slutty I guess. Plus, when he flirts with me, I cant tell if hes ust messing with me. AGH! Sorry this post is kind of confusing.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Im 14 and just for flirting not many kids would think your slutty. Even if he is just messing around, why not flirt back and just have a little fun? What dont you have confidense in about yourself?? If you have alot of guys asking you out you must be hot. Do you get nervous or something when a guy asks you out and you automatically say no??

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ashly

I want to flirt back, but I dont want to seem...slutty I guess. Plus, when he flirts with me, I cant tell if hes ust messing with me. AGH!

Awwwww.....*hugs* Don't worry, this is normal. It's not a bad thing not to have a boyfriend. It just means you haven't found that special guy who knocks you off your socks. Don't worry about being slutty. First off, I wouldn't categorize that as slutty and second, it's okay to be a little on the slutty side at this age.

When and if you feel comfortable, just set him aside and tell him that you think he's a cool guy. You don't need to profess your deep and divine love for him, just let him know how you feel.

If you want, feel free to message me if you want to talk.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
Do you get nervous or something when a guy asks you out and you automatically say no??

Yea. And it sucks because alot of people think Im stuck up, but Im not.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Have you tried asking a guy out??

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
Have you tried asking a guy out??

Nope.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Why not just ask the guy out?? Beat him too it and you wont be forced to say No automatically.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Asking guys out works. It's happened to me and I was like, whoa, sure.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Don't rush things, time will come you will be happier if you wait, see around you was going on, take the experience of your friends and see how they are doing and you will know then that by their expeirence will will grow.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I was like that at 15 lol,.

To be honest just relax If you like this guy then just smile loads and be yourself its a hell of alot more attrative,

I would say you main thing is go and get some confidence,
Join a katate class or something like that,
You will feel fitter and you will gain confidence,

but just remember your 15 you got forever to work it all out,
when the right person comes alone they will help you feel at ease,

Another thing is be honest, tell him your kinda shy, he ,may think thats kinda cute, If he likes you he will understand and enjoy helping you gain the confidence,

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ktprktpr
Asking guys out works. It's happened to me and I was like, whoa, sure.

It does work indeed. I get asked out all the time, and it never gets old.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
i would have to say that 15 is very young to worry so much about it. you have your whole life to worry. this is the time to enjoy being young and never do anything you will regret. i have a 14 yr old daughter and she talks to about everything. the boys ... the problems, well they are important but you will find out that if you sleep on most of the things you worry about they don't look so complicated the next day. relax. everything in it's own time. don't rush your youth away.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
thanx for your advice guys. my brother knows him, so he's going to tell him i like him for me, and maybe ill even ask my bro to ask him out for me.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ashly
thanx for your advice guys. my brother knows him, so he's going to tell him i like him for me, and maybe ill even ask my bro to ask him out for me.

No offense...but thats kinda the wimp way out. Youll never gain confidence if you dont do it yourself.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
sounds like a form of social phobia imo, irl, btw i'm not a doctor irl.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Ashly (got a friend who's last name is Ashly),

I just want you to know you got time. But trust me, it has a lot to do with confidence.

Take me, for example. I'm 18 and I have never had a girlfriend! Ever!

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Yeah same thing with me, and I'm roughly around your age.

Now thing is, I have alot of hits on me, and I am flirted alot with. I like flirting with the girls that hit on me. What I did was I tried to get something that we both liked, ( I like to use music and movies, preferablly music) and we'd talk and get friendly before going on.

One mistake, for guys to do is give their girlfreinds lingerie, never ever give her a thong or a bra. Give her something she likes, not what you want to see her in.

One thing that helped me with my confidance was, when I was on vacation I'd flirt like hell at the pool and beach. Not to make myself sound popmpous, but I get alot of hits at the pool side. And I'd flirt back with them, too bad we never see each other again.

Just don't be afraid. When a guy flirst with you, usually means he has his eye on you, flirt back and start talking.

Oh and it may not be a good thing for your bro to ask him out for you. Might get him think "What the hell is wrong? Why won;t she ask me out, or talk to me?" Though it did help that he told him that u like him.

[Edited on 7-3-2004 by JediMaster]

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   
instead of saying no say maybe
just RELAX!!

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 02:06 AM
link   
well...how do i ask him out?? what am i supposed to say? ill sound like a dork. whens the right time to bring it up?? hes always with his friends. ALWAYS.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Call him up...start a conversation about something. Then just be like "Bob....dyou wanna go to the movies this weekend?" or "Bob...do you wanna go out with me?" Being direct is always the best way to go.

If you decide to do it in person...go up to him and his friends....ask his friends to leave you guys alone for a minute....then just pull him over to the side and just ask him.

Edit...and why the hell dont my smilies work when I click them??
Only on BTS...ATS is just fine

[Edited on 4-7-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join