It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemason/Illuminati Symbols in Movies-The Black and White Checkered pattern

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
...other than the God of love depicted through the Great Work of Jesus Christ.

I also do not believe in the Divinity of Christ.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Sentinel412

Same thing in effect with the Catholic Church, which represents the hijacking and theft of true and authentic Christianity twisted ever so slightly. Again, it's an issue of spiritual controversy over authority, and in the case of the RCC, raw, temporal power. When we look around the Vatican we find the symbols and images of freemasonry everywhere, along with an amagam of every other ancient religious tradition going all the way back to Babylon. Masonry was crafted by Jesuits as far as I know, in spite of the apparent rejection of Masonry by the Catholic Church. The best way to describe the Catholic Chruch is to look at the Obelisk in St. Peter's square, tipped with a cross. Also by controlling the mass, and who may dispense it, they control the power inherent in Jesus Christ, but it's still a hijacking and is not authentic or true to the spirit of Jesus. That said, there have been many devotees of the Catholic Church down through the ages.

But in a way, the Catholic Church is also anti-Christ, perhaps even moreso than Freemasonry.

link   
reply to post by Sentinel412

The All-Seeing Eye is also a Christian symbol. Is that a Masonic Lodge or a Church?

link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Then you also deny your own divinity.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Then you also deny your own divinity.

I have no desire to be divine. I am only a man trying to make his way in the world as best possible.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

If I must guess, it's both. I've spent my young ages under this church and it's full with masonic symbols inside... if I recall it correctly in my memories. Also it's a beuatiful building.

I also do not believe in the Divinity of Christ.

I always prefered angels. At least no one ever killed in their name. Everyone killed in the name of God, G-d, Christ, Mohammed, other messiah's name, even in the name of Satan. But in the name of angels... no one. That's the best in this. So this is the reason why I prefer angels. This is my "One man Angelic Grand Lodge" philosophy and true belief.

edit on 5-12-2010 by Sentinel412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sentinel412
[Everyone killed in the name of God...

This is one of the main reasons I am not a part of any organized religion.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Same here. Welcome to the club.
edit on 5-12-2010 by Sentinel412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Then you, a mason, fail to recognize your own innermost true nature, and thus it's all superficial, and any "good works", apart from the spirit, accomplish nothing of any lasting value or significance.

And let me just clarfy, that I'm not talking here about belief in, but an understanding and a knowledge of, or a gnosis.

So let me reframe it in the form of a question. How can you recognize the historical person of Jesus, and fail to see, appreciate or understand the degree to which the twin pillars of the tree of life representing a severe justice and a tender mercy (what I call a radical transformative forgiveness), are embodied in the cross of Christ? I don't understand that, the blindness to it, to the tree of life.

edit on 5-12-2010 by NewAgeMan because: typo, slight edit

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Then you, a mason, fail to recognize your own innermost true nature, and thus it's all superficial, and any "good works", apart from the spirit, accomplish nothing of any lasting value or significance.

Charity extends beyond the grave and I am certain, however little I may do, will outlive me and my short time here.

So let me reframe it in the form of a question. How can you recognize the historical person of Jesus, and fail to see, appreciate or understand the degree to which the twin pillars of the tree of life representing a severe justice and a tender mercy (what I call a radical transformative forgiveness), are embodied in the cross of Christ? I don't understand that, the blindness to it, to the tree of life.

I honestly have no idea what you are asking.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

And everyone who knows me here on ATS...
Big words for someone who's only been a registered member for a few weeks...

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

The Twin Pillars in the Temple, symbolic of the two sides of the Tree of Life, Severe Justice and Tender Mercy - why do you not recognize their embodiment in the Great Work of Jesus Christ (the cross of Christ), particularly when the Bible forms your principal frame of reference? How can that be missed or overlooked?

Also, how can Charity replace Love? Of what value is it without love?
edit on 5-12-2010 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

The Twin Pillars in the Temple, symbolic of the two sides of the Tree of Life, Severe Justice and Tender Mercy...

Are you refering to the Temple of Solomon? If so, they are, as far as Masonry is concerned, used to denote Strength and Establishment. The Tree of Life does not appear as Masonic symbolism in the ritual.

...why do you not recognize their embodiment in the Great Work of Jesus Christ (the cross of Christ), particularly when the Bible forms your principal frame of reference? How can that be missed or overlooked?

Because I am not a Christian. The Bible, for me, is a book who's moral lessons are to be emulated. I do not take it as a historical work.

Why do they have to be mutually exclusive?

edit on 5-12-2010 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SirKnightE

I first heard about the Freemasons and all the secrecy that surrounded them on tv.Documentaries and things like that.And yes I'm sure a lot of movies influenced my thoughts on the Freemasons because of how they project their image to be..you see?Do you see how it effects people?

Think about it.Look at all the presidents that were Freemasons.All the famous people that are known Freemasons.The people that run the world are pretty much Freemasons.Why?What's the big hype?Why are all these famous people Freemasons?Why all the secrecy?

The JFK assassination took place in Dealey Plaza site of the first Masonic temple in Dallas.Lyndon Johnson was a Mason.Lyndon Johnson had Earl Warren who is another Mason in charge of the JFK investigation.And responsible for supplying info to the commission was J Edgar Hoover...another Mason.

Secret history of the Freemasons is a documentary that seems to do more bad then good.Their excuses seem well...unbelievable.

This is part 1 of 9
www.youtube.com...

.And all they did for 6 parts of the series was talk about the conspiracies and how the Freemasons are linked to most of them..just makes you believe the conspiracies more.Their answers are hollow and blunt it's like..

"Are you a secret society"?-interviewer
"No..we are a society with secrets".-Freemason
or
"Are the Freemasons Satanists"?-narrator
"No"-narrator
He answers the question himself lol.Did he actually think they would tell him if they were?Why didn't he ask them lol?

Anyway I was answering the question to where I got my info from,and trying to explain why people think these about the Freemasons...TV the net movies things like that.I'm not saying it's all true it's just there's no real denying from any of them.You would think they would complain that people are making them look bad.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

So at NO point, do the twin pillars represent Justice and Mercy in Freemasonry..? I find that hard to believe, given it's fundamentally Jewish heritage and Kabbalistic orientation.

Just for the record I'm not a fundamentalist literalist, and need not view the Bible as a history book. As you can tell from my interpretation of the Garden of Eden story, I am interested in the meaning and significance of the allegories, and on that note Jesus' parables are among the best and point to a very deep understanding of God and the human condition and how we can become unstuck and get forward moving again.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Why do they have to be mutually exclusive?

I didn't say they had to be, but I've noticed how the Masons replaced the word Love with Charity in Corrintheans, and well, they just seem more concerned with works than with love, outside of their own fraternity, and I'd question how loving they really are in that context. To me Masons seem serious, and somewhat cold, not fun-loving or playful in the least, and not loving towards the downtrodden, however "charitable" they may claim to be.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

And everyone who knows me here on ATS...
Big words for someone who's only been a registered member for a few weeks...

Do you truly believe this is my first account?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
black/white=duality. good/evil.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
This from Manley Hall:

'the checkerboard floor upon which the modern Freemasonic lodge stands is the old tracing board of the Dionysiac Achitects," who were "an organization composed exclusively of initiates of the Bacchus-Dionysus cult and was peculiarly consecrated to the science of building and the art of decoration. Acclaimed as being the custodians of a secret and sacred knowledge of architectonics, its members were entrusted with the design and erection of public buildings and monuments."

Though the other interpretations about duality is correct as well.It also has something to do with the movement of subtle energies.

I have made numerous comments on threads of this type defending the Freemasons as a whole (while decrying the dialectic used to shield those behind the real conspiracy.) But on this post I started with Manley Hall and end with a quote from one of his books attributed to Charles W Heckethorn.

"But considering the Freemasonry is a tree the roots of which spread through so many soils, it follows that traces therof must be found in its fruit: that its language and ritual should retain much of the various sects and institutions it has passed through before arriving at their present state, and in Masonry we meet with Indian, Egyptian, Jewish, and Christian ideas, terms, and symbols."

And likewise, that the real conspirators sometimes called Illuminati or Zionists but more clearly referred to as TPTB have retained the language from that tree as well.
edit on 6-12-2010 by coyotepoet because: punctuation

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
OH MY GOD!

You have opened my eyes, not only are movies full of masonic symbolism, but diner's all over north america have masonic symbolism

....retarded.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join