It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Come on guys.. A Violent Revolution .. REALLY?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Well well well, looks like I found a bunch of freedom hatin' terrists!

I think it is interesting that a lot of people think that the government has a monopoly on violence and that some how if the people use it we'll be the same as them. That train of thought doesn't really make any sense to me because we all use the same tools everyday, cars, computers, phones. How is violence anything other than a tool and a tool of the people?

There is a reason the founding fathers said the right to arm ourselves was inalienable and it wasn't to hunt dear. I don't think their ideas are out dated or lacking in spiritual insight either. So for all those taking the pacifist stance, good for you. Go protest.

You see, we need the pacifists to get out there and protest and try to do things the peaceful way. This way, when the State starts to crack down on you guys, the violent ones can come to your aid and all you gotta do is keep yelling at the top of your lungs.

The State will say the violent ones are terrorists but you pacifists will know better. You'll suffer first hand at the hands of the State, not the guerrillas. Why? Because you are the loud ones. Because the more recognition you get the more people will listen and join you. So you'll be the front line and the State will respond, in kind, to intimidate any and everyone. The guerrillas will be swept under the rug and I don't think the media will touch it. The internet will, though and all you pacifists will know better. End of the day though, they will come for all of us at night and it'll only be a matter of time before the pacifists join the underground.

Now, for all you revolutionaries out there: Keep in mind that the only way you could ever hope to win is with the hearts of the people on your side. There is no way that can happen if you do not back the political movement as it starts to form. Attempting to take on a state right now is suicide and it should be. The only time you can engage in violence and maintain the moral high-ground is if you only use violence in self defense and in defense of the pacifists marching.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

i do not disagree with you, nor do i agree, what examples do we have from history regards to violent versus non violent? let us also look at vietnam or even modern day afghanistan, firepower and might does not automatically offer you victory on a plate. how do we know that the reverse of what you are saying is what they dont want, how can you topple a power using their system, i reckon they dont want to get a punch in their face and have their teeth knocked out more than anything, the french revolution, the american war of independence, the russian revolution, the cuban revolution, the list goes on, try doing that with the non violent approach. whilst non violence is the prefered method, there is no button to press to change stuff

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
*sigh*

As I've read through the replies to this thread, I am disappointed with the number of "you cowards" posts. These reactions totally miss the point of the OP as well as totally avoiding the very real implications of armed revolution. A total disregard for the realities.

Here is a dose of truth... They wouldn't be fighting you. It's not like a bunch of raging, gung-ho citizens would just go all "Annie got her gun", storm into Washington D.C. and face off against Obama, Cheney, Bush, and Napalitano on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial. They don't fight. Their kids don't fight. Our kids do. They get OUR kids to fight their wars.

Sinking in yet?

In an armed insurrection we would, effectively, be fighting ourselves. And the top 2%? They wouldn't give a damn. Somebody once said "You can always hire half the poor to kill the other half.". And, unless some huge paradigm shift occurs, that is exactly what a large scale rebellion would accomplish. We'd just thin out our own numbers FOR those in power.

In my first post in this thread I pointed out that money is the key. And I believe, wholeheartedly that this is true. Money is the heart of this beast... Money is its blood. I am not being "liberal", "pacifistic" or "cowardice" in saying this. I am being coldly, viciously, and strategically expedient. If we all simply opt out of the status quo, the status quo dies. Quickly. Opting out, and refusing to play their game cuts their throat and robs them of their power.

But, hey, if there are some who think that they simply just have to pull a Rambo and go out in a blaze of glory, long before such extreme measures are even remotely called for... meh... so be it. There's nothing brave or noble about throwing ones life away in a spasm of gratuitous violence.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I'd love to see one of those barrel-assed banker CEO's, or one of our bought and paid for politicians get behind the stick of that A-10 (McCain seems to have had trouble keeping planes in the air
). If there is a revolution, a good fraction of the military and the police would side with their family and friends. They have us manipulated pretty well with the 2 party scam, but they don't have that kind of mind control yet. Alot of military veterans see just how much the elitists care about them once they've served their purpose. What about the oath keepers, etc.? If the people REALLY took a stand, the people would prevail. The super rich bastards money will mean nothing when they have no goods and services to purchase with it, provided by the people.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

You are of course correct that a violent revolution is impossible. It would only work if it were spontaneous - happening everywhere at once - and had the numbers behind it to make it work. The more zealous amongst us, at least in America, like to point out that we have guns. Well... I have three guns and I don't care to match their firepower to this:

Against that, my biggest weapon, a 12 gauge shotgun, just doesn't hold up.

But, and this is the painful truth that people avoid over and over again... Real "revolution" is much less violent and much more difficult. We have the means to conduct this revolution right now... all of us. But, when the rubber hits the road, few if any will agree to it.

Ghandi showed us the beginnings of the path. Modern life fills in the blanks...

If we all (those in the middle class and lower) simply opt out - we would win. If we all just refused to go to work, to purchase anything, to use our utilities, to drive our cars... If we all just turned off the system... even for a few days... Change would occur.

The beast that holds us down feeds upon our money and the sweat of our brow. We are the enablers and WE are addicted to what the beast offers us.

Violence is unnecessary when we can slay our demons simply by starving them of our own participation in their system. The real question we need to ask ourselves is not "would I take up arms"... It's "Am I committed enough to just refuse to be a part of it"?

~Heff

While I in non way condone any illegal acts, I must question your, and others, line of thinking.

Against that, my biggest weapon, a 12 gauge shotgun, just doesn't hold up.

Maybe not against that awesome piece of machinery,
but what about the pilot?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
What's sad here is people don't realize we already have the power - we just don't choose to use it.

All it would take would about 1/3 of members of Congress to be free from the influence of a major party to have dramatic changes take place. Right now we have two people pre-chosen for us and we are tricked into thinking this is a choice.

The hard part is convincing enough people to wake-up. Once that happens, all they need to do is vote.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I wouldn't worry about the planes, they take alot of maintenance to keep flying and are always breaking down. I did four years working with the osprey, NOT great on flight to maintenance hours.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   

So what do you suggest then?

A revolt is needed but of what design is a question that needs to be answered and actioned.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Over the last few years I have seen some of my meat headed, simpleton freinds question the system. They were the type that would stomp on your head and call you a trader to your country, if you criticized the war. This is happening more frequently all over the world. What I'm saying is the truthers are getting the message out, and the elite must be getting nervous. The time will come where we can bring them down without any bloodshed.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Anybody who talks of violent revolution these days will be the first on the list to go to the camps when the time comes.

I see somebody is probably trolling ATS for clients again.

Hello, my friends.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TechUniqueOh and the music comment, Its all a matter of opinion my friend. People think I am SICK at grime. Anyone who likes the genre likes it and plenty who do not like the genre still appreciate the lyrical content and flow.

Well most people who listen to grime are imbeciles. Your lyrical content is poor and your flow I'll tell you for a fact doesn't exist.

People who listen to Chipmunk might think you can rap

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
These people who demand any kind of revolution will stop whining about their government when someone They like is in office. Right now they're bitter McCain/Dipsh*t Palin lost. When a Republican gets back in office to satisfy their delusional needs, there won't be any talk about revolt from these folks. Don't worry, their complaining will end when a white man enters office

You realise most people who want revolution are left-wing Europeans. Your progressive Democrats are further right than our right-wing parties!

The only person in this thread who seems concerned with race is YOU.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by guyopitz
Historically you can have success either way. A French revolution where all the villains lose their heads sounds groovy and alternatively Ghandi showed us we can win through self sufficiency and peaceful non compliance with villainous laws.

That's a Western myth, pushed by the TPTB. There was a very real violent uprising in India. The British negotiated with Ghandi because he was peaceful, and the rest wouldn't negotiate, they were gonna drive them out with their tails well and truelly between their legs.

Ghandi proved nothing other than the powerful exploit the peaceful.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2
What's sad here is people don't realize we already have the power - we just don't choose to use it.

All it would take would about 1/3 of members of Congress to be free from the influence of a major party to have dramatic changes take place. Right now we have two people pre-chosen for us and we are tricked into thinking this is a choice.

The hard part is convincing enough people to wake-up. Once that happens, all they need to do is vote.

That's not true. The system is broke and needs removing and built up from scratch. You can't just vote in a good guy, that's naive

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia

Originally posted by Daughter2

That's not true. The system is broke and needs removing and built up from scratch. You can't just vote in a good guy, that's naive

Pray tell, how exactly is it naive? It's always worked in the past.

Oh right, you're going to say that the votes are rigged and our votes don't matter.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
The NWO is beyond our stopping the process.
If the head of this NWO, is setup with 3 world unions.
And with it's leaders thereof;
All us little people have to do is look and laugh and drink
some beer. And be sure to watch the world news.

What I am getting at is this. Look at Wikleaks, These leaders lie
and talk bad about others leaders etc. None of the countries seem to
get along with each others.

There will be so many NWO leaders assassinate by the others leaders.
Who are the next-ed want to BE'S.

Give them all the rope they need to hang themselfs.
Look good a Wikleaks cablesleaks, that is the drift, I am getting.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
I don't mean to piss on anyone's bonfire here but do you really expect a violent revolt to work?

Do you really think you can combat the NWO with physical violence?

I see so many people on ATS with a Rambo attitude towards the NWO. Do you really expect to win a war against your own country?

Do you know what will happen if you revolt?

You will be classed as terrorists. The rule book will no longer apply to you. You will no longer be a citizen of your country, you will be the enemy and you shall suffer.

Do you want to know the only way we can defeat the NWO? The ONLY way? ..

Stop using their banks. Stop feeding the corporate machine. Raise awareness amongst their drones in government agencies, in the police force, in the military, in the education system.

Take the cogs out of the machine and the machine will no longer work.

Do you really expect to be able to win a war against TPTB by violence ??

All that military force and economic power?

Don't play their game, live as simple as possible. Awaken anyone you know who plays a crucial authoritative part for the NWO movement.

Play the side game because you will NEVER win at their game. Its been going on for too long to win by violence. Anyone who can't see that is a fool.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

Revolution of the mind! I totally agree.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Section69

I totally agree with
Stop feeding the corporate machine.
TPTB have been doing a great job of destroying themselves.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by 19rn50

I hear a lot about the corporate maching and tptb. Who exactly are these people?

I think this whole thread and the people that feed into it are just looking for something that is not there.

Go look for the loch ness monster or big foot, you'll have better luck.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by amc621

The forming of the United Nations
Nafta, finding the mosters would be fun!

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join