It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Come on guys.. A Violent Revolution .. REALLY?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet
reply to post by NadaCambia

...The voting I wouldn't say is rigged, they don't need to rig it, merely win with propoganda and influence. It's like throwing a midget in with Mike Tyson, it's never a fair fight. The suggestion you can just vote in a good guy is naive, there's no two ways about it....

TPTB own the republicans and the democrats outright. That is why there are lobbyists on K Street and why the Government-Corporate revolving door exists. That is why the FDA,USDA, EPA and other agencies are filled with those who owe loyalty to the corporations they are supposed to police instead of those they are supposed to protect. The real function of EPA, USDA and FDA is to prevent entry of new business that would challenge the corporate cartels' profits.

Why the heck do you think the Tea Party was rounded-up and herded into the republican party? TPTB does not want a viable third party to challenge their dog and pony show.

It's a noble idea, but the third party will always sell out, granted they were even serious in the first place. Look at the rise of the Lib-Dems in Britain. To become a viable option they had to sell out.

The Tea Party is for lunatics.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique

Originally posted by Gazrok

I don't mean to piss on anyone's bonfire here but do you really expect a violent revolt to work?

This was feasible when the common man had access to the same firepower as the military, and one wasn't completely dependent upon the nation's infrastructure.

These days though, a violent revolt in almost any modern nation simply a) wouldn't have enough participants to matter, b) be quickly outgunned, and c) be doomed to failure within moments of starting.

Definitely.

For a violent revolt to work you would need the following;

- Extreme strategy and immense planning and professional staff.

- An extreme amount of resources, weaponry and ammunition.

- Many, I repeat many highly trained soldiers, ready to be deployed almost instantly anywhere in the country.

- Extremely professional managing and commanding.

- Many organised ranks.

- Extremely good spy and surveillance technology and man power.

- Tightly nit underground bunkers, military complex's and headquarters. ALL HIDDEN from the government.

- An intense communications system that is completely un-breach-able with back-up methods for communications.

ALL of this hidden from the government, all constructed without TPTB knowing.

Its just not feasible in this day and age.

You make it sound difficult. Don't need extreme anything, just the will to resist.

Of course the ATS mods will agree, these guys are practically TPTB themself. They work for the site owners whos only goal is to turn over profit. Capitalists who support the system and don't want any sort of change, violent or otherwise. Americans, more importantly, who are 100% brainwashed from birth into pacifist revolt.

Have you took a second to read the news across Europe? Have you seen the various 'terror groups' that are waging wars against their government? Your heads in Disney Land mate. You seem to live in this imaginary world where the military are gonna come through with stealth bombers and just decimate everybody. We might be low on freedoms but this isn't Iraq mate.

If you aren't willing to fight for your freedoms you aren't deserving of them. You ignored this request all throughout the thread so I will ask again; What has peaceful protest done for Britain? The decrease of violent protest in Britain directly corelates with the decrease of our freedoms. I want recent examples of peaceful protest and the effect this has had on government.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
One thing to keep in mind here is that the police, the army, the air force, the navy etc etc are all filled with people just like you and me, with many members of the military in america growing increasingly dissulusioned, this is the reason that revolutions can work.

In france the army was ordered to fire on the people who were protesting for a just cause, liberty, equality etc and were ordered to suppress the people into submission by the king. You see many members of the army could not do this, they would not fire upon their brothers and sisters, they took off their uniforms and joined the people.

This is the most important thing to remember, people are not machines, although they can be conditioned to do things and manipulated into thinking certain ways, there still remains a sense of empathy, and people still do know what is right and wrong, good and evil..........they can choose to ignore it, but not everyone will. And the worse it becomes for the people, the more you see a backlash.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia

If you aren't willing to fight for your freedoms you aren't deserving of them. You ignored this request all throughout the thread so I will ask again; What has peaceful protest done for Britain? The decrease of violent protest in Britain directly corelates with the decrease of our freedoms. I want recent examples of peaceful protest and the effect this has had on government.

Peaceful revolution hasn't been utilised to its full potential in the UK. Not at all.

I am not talking about protesting. Look at some of my previous posts if you want to see what I am on about.

I understand your point but peaceful revolution has in no way been used effectively or vigilantly enough.

Before you fight you must explore all peaceful avenues, otherwise you are no better than them.

I guess this is just indoctrinated crap I am spewing?

I haven't been taking part in this thread much because we all seem to be banging our heads against each others walls.

No hard feelings as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

I agree. There is much we could do before declaring all out war against the dummycrats and repuklicans. If we could just get everybody to stay home for a couple weeks and buy nothing except food from a local grocery store or farmers market.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique

Originally posted by NadaCambia

Peaceful revolution hasn't been utilised to its full potential in the UK. Not at all.

I am not talking about protesting. Look at some of my previous posts if you want to see what I am on about.

I understand your point but peaceful revolution has in no way been used effectively or vigilantly enough.

Before you fight you must explore all peaceful avenues, otherwise you are no better than them.

I guess this is just indoctrinated crap I am spewing?

I haven't been taking part in this thread much because we all seem to be banging our heads against each others walls.

No hard feelings as far as I'm concerned.

What the f***

Oh my. So wait. A peaceful protesting revolt wouldn't work, but sitting down, not paying your bills, just to get arrested is right?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
reply to post by TechUnique

I agree. There is much we could do before declaring all out war against the dummycrats and repuklicans. If we could just get everybody to stay home for a couple weeks and buy nothing except food from a local grocery store or farmers market.

You would still have to go to your job, meaning nothing ever changed. lest, you would want to run out of cash.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

The whole point would be to crash the economy by doing nothing at all. I will be looking for Galt's gulch in about a year or so.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by amc621
reply to post by 19rn50

I hear a lot about the corporate maching and tptb. Who exactly are these people?

I think this whole thread and the people that feed into it are just looking for something that is not there.

Go look for the loch ness monster or big foot, you'll have better luck.

The corporate machine is the entity that is treated as a legal person under law but has the resources of many people. It assimilates and exploits people and the environment for profit. The problem with a corporation is that individuals are not held liable for their actions. This helps leaders of Corporations because they can make horrible decisions without any consequences to themselves. It also simultaneously causes harm to the regular worker because they are required to behave as this hypothetical corporate person so that the company can avoid liability.

If you've ever worked in a corporation, most of them not only require full time work with low pay, they regulate what you're allowed to say, what you are allowed to think. You have to agree or suffer the consequences. They might as well just have a gun pointed at you while you work, it would avoid a lot of confusion.

I wholeheartedly support drying up funds for the corporate machine, we can do this by becoming more self-sufficient. It doesn't have to be 100%, just a critical mass of goods and services not being moved around and then it will fall in on itself (the economy). Not saying I want any people to suffer, but I just think things are going to get worse before they get better...

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I respectfully dissagree with your opinion based upon the fact that guriella tactics are proven to work in the long run. Ex: Taliban vs. USSR.

Now im not an explosives expert nor do i have any military training but in theory couldnt low cost weapons such as RPG's or other conventional explosives in sufficent enough numbers cripple a tank or other heavy weapons systems by sheer overwhelming force.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join