It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dental work

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

I broke my back and now have to survive on a disability pension! Believe me... I DO care how much it costs, and I have no choice when it comes to pulling my own teeth! I hope you never find yourself in the same position! On the other hand, it might be a good lesson for you!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaosMagician

Hahaha, yeah something like that.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
apparently willow has good medical values,

from wiki

The leaves and bark of the willow tree have been mentioned in ancient texts from Assyria, Sumer and Egypt[8] as a remedy for aches and fever,[9] and the Ancient Greek physician Hippocrates wrote about its medicinal properties in the 5th century BC. Native Americans across the American continent relied on it as a staple of their medical treatments. This is because it contains salicylic acid, the precursor to aspirin.

In 1897 Felix Hoffmann created a synthetically altered version of salicin (in his case derived from the Spiraea plant), which caused less digestive upset than pure salicylic acid. The new drug, formally Acetylsalicylic acid, was named Aspirin by Hoffmann's employer Bayer AG. This gave rise to the hugely important class of drugs known as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).

guess it can be used as a tooth"brush" if needed and as a pain / inflammatory agent.

beside being a good remedy plant its a fast grower and basicly renews it self each year when cut down,

wiki entry on willow

and while im at it i might just aswell put up some reading on neolithic chewing gum

Some of the oldest examples of black lumps of tar, complete with tooth marks, have been discovered in waterlogged bog sites in northern Europe, particularly Germany and Scandinavia. The earliest lump dates from the beginning of the Middle Stone Age.

news feed

edit on 6-12-2010 by zerbot565 because: added willow link to wiki entry and some chewing gum info

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

I'd tie a string to a door handle and wait someone to come through

In all seriousness, I'd use some alcohol. At least it makes pain more bearable. Also, if removal of teeth is not considered, but rather just teeth care, I'd use tree resin taken from birchtree. Xylitol can be extracted and made from birch resin, if I am not terribly mistaken.

-v

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
this thread is awesome! wow. let me tell you I am only 25 and I have had a lot of dental problems. (started from having gal bladder attacks-stomach acid & teeth dont mix)

anyways. my parents just never took me to the dentist. we had bad insurance so I guess cost was a factor. most dentists want to rip you off anyway. so yeah

clove oil does help (eugenol is clove oil) they use it in alot of dental products (like the temp filling you get at drugstores for cavities)

tea bags do help.only to a point. after awhile the pain is just to much, and if you dont have money for all the fancy stuff to fix a tooth, you gotta get it pulled.

some teeth become sharp as they start to rot and that just hurts your tounge. a metal nail file (has to be metal) works wonders on filing it down so its not sharp.

also get yourself a cheap little dental kit (includes mirror, picks, etc) the picks are great for getting into the cavities and digging stuff out.

put orajel on its pretty nasty stuff but can help.

say a tooth on the right side of your mouth hurts, put your left hand in cold water. this may temporarily relieve pain (vice versa for other side)

by me we have a lot of amish, I want to look into finding an amish dentist to go to. they are supposed to be pretty cheap. im not sure if this is legal but whatever. haha

good luck in all your tooth problems. glad, in a way, that I am not the only one!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Part of my medical kit at home is chloroform. You can buy it actually on eBay and it will knock a person out for a few hours. It's what they used to use back in the day before modern anesthesia was around.

It would work for dental issues but I actually stock it for minor surgeries like bullet removal and the such which could be a real issue after the SHTF.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

Dentists save lives everyday. They have more training than doctors. Your teeth are bones you can see. People die from tooth decay.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join