It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dental work

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Had a tooth pulled out a couple of hours ago and it hit me ,

How has people around here prepared for dental work when / if shtf ?

i mean how do you remove teeth and what kind of general anaesthetic are you going to use ?

are there herbs and natural remedies that can be used to ease pain and ease inflamation ?

i ask because i think it need addressing

edit on 4-12-2010 by zerbot565 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
crushed fresh garlic turns into allicin which is a natural antibiotic, mango's too and blueberries etc...

basically just keep your immune system up-to date and healthy!!

also clove stops tooth ache but it tastes nasty

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I think what needs addressing is how dentists are allowed to charge a zillion dollars.

Doctor save lives.

Dentists do teeth - that will cost you a millionzillion dollars - why?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
whiskey

and pliers

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

todays trip cost me 34 euros, but then again we have "socialized" medical practice over here in Finland,

i can even deduct 50% of that bill if i inform my Social Insurance Institution.

from wiki

Despite the use of the word "insurance" in the English translation, Kela is funded directly from taxation, not from insurance premiums. Coverage under the scheme is given to all permanent residents of Finland. Kansaneläkelaitos literally means "National Pension Institution " or, corresponding to the Swedish name, "Folk Pension Agency", reflecting its original function as the national provider of retirement benefits.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
I think what needs addressing is how dentists are allowed to charge a zillion dollars.

Doctor save lives.

Dentists do teeth - that will cost you a millionzillion dollars - why?

Have you ever had a tooth ache? When are in that much pain, you don't care how much it costs, and a dentist can be worth their weight in gold if they make that pain go away.

Clove oil for pain, although it burns the skin a little, and wax to fill a cavity or or missing filling.
edit on 4-12-2010 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Yarrow will stop abscesses.
( the pain and the infection)
cat tail tops ( the spikes) are reputed to make OK toothbrushes.

edit on 4-12-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

Hi Bad,

You remind me of another bad boy I was fond of - I saw him take his own teeth out without flinching.

What a guy! Go all bad boys!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I still have to say - doctors are capable of saving lives.

Dentists are capable of saving teeth.

Who deserves more money?

But dentists get the most money.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I have tried doing that and all i can say is my teeth must be in there really damn good.

last time I went to the dentist it cost me 240 for an extraction. I need another one that is sort of embedded because it broke again. I need fillings too. A competent dentist is a wonderful thing. the last one I went to is expensive but he is good.

as far as pain is concerned. Sometimes anbesol and eugenol just won't cut it... not when the nerve is dying. a mild tooth ache? sure. Dying nerve...very likely not going to get in there good enough...especially with certain teeth where the main roots nerves are. my last tooth ache was bottom back right and omg, did it hurt lke a bitch! Gave myself an ulcer taking advil. Started taking tylanol... had to take way more than i was supposed to and was using anbesol to the point where the taste of it made me want to vomit.

the one i need pulled now is totally hollow and completely gone except where it's touching the gums. My teeth are apparantly weak and i eat too much popcorn (popcorn addict) but my gums must be strong as hell because they sure do have a hold of my teeth. Speaking of teeth, all this coke I have been drinking is doing my teeth worse than coffee. I haven't drunk this much coke in a long time but ever since I quit smoking herb/cnoids i haven't wanted as much coffee and I have been craving soda like it's going out of style. I'm surprised I don't have a kidney infection.

dammit... all this talk about coke and popcorn is making me hungry again and I just ate.
oh, and I figured out why i loose my appetite on weed. It's because I am so cinchy with weed because i don't have a lot of money and when i smoke, i know if i eat it will ruin my buzz, so I put it off and just sip on coffee all day (really bad thing to do) but if I had like a pound of weed
i would not have to worry about losing my buzz so much. i could just smoke another fatty.

oh well, just a rambling thought. I'm kind of exploring this sober state of mind and not diving into intense emotion as weed sometimes makes me do.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Found a brilliant remedy for toothache or abcess in your mouth. I was away from home had toothache and an abcess had formed beside the tooth overnight and was unable to get to my dentist, so, checking on the net I found the following that worked in 20 minutes.

Get a dry tea-bag and place it over the tooth, gum and leave it for 10 minutes. Replace it and do the same again.

On looking at the first tea-bag, it had what looked like a spiders web of puss on it. The second one had puss and some blood. The result was that the pain had gone, the abcess was down and it bought me time to get home and get to my dentist.

Im sure other herbs or leaves would play the same role in drawing the infection out beside the tooth.

Respects

edit on 4-12-2010 by captiva because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
hot tea makes a good foot soak...don't know why. i also add vinegar which helps. I know this thread isn't about feet but I can't resist the temptation to plug a hot tea foot soak.

i also know of a remedy for tooth ache pain without painkillers/pain numbing compounds.

Ram your head into the wall until you're unconscious. When you wake up 10 minutes later from the pain, repeat the process. That's all I got.

I hate a damn tooth ache. It is SO #ing close to the brain. Makes me want to shoot myself.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

A hammer and whiskey.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap

A hammer and whiskey.

knocking the crown of a tooth off and leaving the roots are never a good idea so I'm assuming the hammer is for getting someone to beat your brains out because you've aggravated them so much after getting good and drunk on the whisky. Correct?

Sounds like a good plan compared to a tooth ache.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Like this post !

I recently suffered with tooth ache for about three weeks and here in UK getting an NHS dentist is virtually impossible!

Feeling at the point of despair i decided to raid my tool box and chose a flat head screw driver would do the trick, after a few well placed hits and carefully placed turns i managed to pull out the offending tooth. There was some of the roots left so i decided to step down to a watch-makers screw driver ( more precise ) and again after plenty of blood and a few whinces it was out !!!
The pain in this self styled opperation was nothing compared to the constant ache of the tooth so alls well that ends well and i saved my-self at least 60 British pound.

As for tooth ache a well know survival method for relieving tooth ache is to place a parecetemol on your gum and disolve it directly onto the offending area, obviously this means you need a stockpile of parecetemol and the taste alone can be enough to distract you from any pain.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Get myself to a city as soon as it all starts to go down and catch me a dentist at gun point may be even try to get me one of them doctors while I'm at it, I'll probably do it when I go to get "my" 4x4, a combined Dr and Dental practice with a well stocked car park would be an ideal hunting ground.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
hemp stalks or some other fiberous plant make good chew sticks. chew on the bottem till itz all gnarley then just cut it down as u go. thats how ancient egyptians did it, works better than a brush in many cases.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
if i recall correctly didnt "stone age man " use resin from a pine mixed with ashes and herbs to make chewing gum ,

guess then if its a good mixture it can be used as a hole filler for cavities

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Tobbacco stuffed in the hole works amazingly well .
Dentists do save lives bad teeth can kill you with infection.
Pulling your own teeth with pliers is dumb ,have a friend do it.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
And here I am with a toothache (the off and on throbbing kind) - can't get into a dentist until next week. So right now I am interested in pain relief, at least something besides whisky as I don't drink. Good thread OP. I have read somewhere that the bones of ancient people showed that many died of absesses - that is a bad thing. Some good suggestions here. Off to get some cloves!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join