It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Someone Help Explain This

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
First, this isn't any type of conspiracy that I am aware of. I was reading another members post concerning one of the Cables released by Wikileaks that concerned Israels Netanyahu, and the Palestinians. In this cable it stated:

Netanyahu: A Palestinian state must be demilitarized, without control over its air space and electro-magnetic field, and without the power to enter into treaties or control its borders.

It is the "electro-magnetic field" portion that has me confused. I guess I just wasn't expecting to read about one Country worrying about another Country having control of their own electro-magnetic field. Are we talking about the same electro magnetic field that surrounds the Earth or am I confusing something else? Why would Israel insist that the Palestinians not have control over their own electro magnetic field.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I was wondering that myself ....very interesting.
what could he mean?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Possibility 1 - it's a code word, may mean technology or capability of something beyond public knowledge.
Possibility 2 - the "leak" is all a CIA operation. This is just junk text.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Could it be a reference to this? Israel's perceived fear of EMP attacks?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by demaggio

Not sure. Was hoping that someone would know. I have spent the last hour researching Electro-magnetic fields trying to find an answer. Maybe something other then what I think the electro magnetic field is. I just do not understand why Israel would be concerned about the Palestinians controlling their own electro magnetic field. There is probably a simple explanation, and I am missing it. Could they be talking about their power grid?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

They could possibly be talking about this, but I am still confused as to how one Country can control another Countries electro magnetic field. And what kind of control do we have o ver electro magnetic fields?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by VeniVidi

Like others have said, I was wondering what that meant as well. Possibly a magnetic field that controls peoples ability to think straight? Some type of mind control? I havent a clue. But it is worth looking into.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Sator

I am not sure what "electro-magnetic field" would be a code word for. I would tend to give it it's normal meaning. None of the other words in the sentence seems to be coded.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I think you have to look at what it is saying, ( without control over its air space and electro-magnetic field )The word there is control. How do you control the magnetic field?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

And I thought this was one of the best legitimate questions I have read in my short time here. I wondered the same thing about the electro-magnetics call out, but I think it is one of two things either the method of electrical generation or the ability to control communications. Just my thoughts.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

...On a secon hand, could it be a mistranslation?
Was the original message said/written in english?

If the subject is the Palestinian State, it may have land, rivers, even "air space", but a State doesn't have an "electro-magnetic field" that can be quantified or even qualified. That's why I thought it could be a code word.

Peace

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I am thinking that "electromagnetics" in this context means the ability to use ground-to-air, air-to-air and air-to-ground radar- or laser-aimed ordnance.

An example might be the SA-2 or the HQ-7 antiaircraft missles.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Maybe it's a mistranslation?
2nd line

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Braintax

I don't think that it had to be translated. It originated in English

S E C R E T SECTION 01 OF 03 TEL AVIV 000936 SIPDIS H PASS TO CODEL KYL E.O. 12958: DECL: 04/14/2019 TAGS: PREL PTER PGOV KNNP KWBG IR IS SUBJECT: CODEL KYL'S MEETING WITH PRIME MINISTER NETANYAHU: WHAT WILL THE U.S. DO ABOUT IRAN? Classified By: Ambassador James B. Cunningham, Reason 1.4 (b) (d)

The context dealt with Palestinians being able to Govern themselves, and what control Israel would be willing to give up.

¶8. (C) Netanyahu said his government is reviewing Israel's policy toward the Palestinians. There is a consensus in the government and among 80% of the Israeli public that the Palestinians should be able to govern themselves. The only limits on Palestinian sovereignty would be elements that affect Israel's security. A Palestinian state must be demilitarized, without control over its air space and electro-magnetic field, and without the power to enter into treaties or control its borders. Netanyahu concluded that he and opposition leader Tzipi Livni "only disagree about the name," i.e. the two-state solution.

SOURCE: cablegate....__._/cable/2009/04/09TELAVIV936.html
edit on 12/1/2010 by VeniVidi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I'm not sure if this article makes it more or less clear, what microwave transmissions?

Netanyahu does not want to yield complete control over the water to a Palestinian state. • The right to control the electromagnetic spectrum, which refers to radio, television and microwave transmissions, over which Netanyahu believes Israel must, for security reasons, retain some control.

link

After rereading I believe he wants to control what TV Palestinians get to watch and such things
edit on 1-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Yes..... This makes more since then my thinking that they were controlling the electro-magnetic field around the Earth.

Thank you...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
My guess is that it simply refers to communications. Strictly regulating cell phone communicatons, TV and radio transmissions, etc. Information coming out of Gaza would be more dangerous than rockets coming out of Gaza for the Israeli government. Dead Isrealis, the government can spin. Truth is a little harder.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
This is very interesting found this don't know how good the info is

The American military developed electromagnetic weapons long before mobile phones existed. The ability of certain bands of electromagnetic field to cause health effects, including neurological and behavioral disturbances, has been part of US military and CIA (Central Intelligence Agency) for over 30 years. In fact, security concern was what first prompted US to study the health effects of low-intensity (or non-thermal) microwaves. Up to 70-80% of the research was funded by military.

Also

Russian scientists have done more studies on electromagnetic field than any other country. For decades, they have been reporting that electric fields cause high blood pressure chronic stress effects immune system dysfunction changes in white and red blood cell counts increased metabolism chronic fatigue disorders and headaches

Link to Info

And this

Star Trek-style force-field armour being developed by military scientists

A space-age "force field" capable of protecting armoured vehicles and tanks by repelling incoming fire is being developed by British military scientists.

Link to Artical

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

From the Marine MCWP 2-22 Signals Intelligence Manual

SIGINT operations, EA operations, and the
MAGTF’s overall use of the electromagnetic
spectrum for command and control (C2) operations
must be carefully coordinated within the
MAGTF and with pertinent external organizations.
Depending on operational requirements,
SIGINT and EA operations coordination and deconfliction
may occur within the radio battalion
operations control and analysis center (OCAC)
within the electronic warfare coordination center
(EWCC), or within the MAGTF command element
(CE) current operations center (COC).

new topics

top topics

join