It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans, I Have Some Bad News For You

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkrunner
reply to post by Truth_B_Told

I'd rather work than sit on my ass.

But that's just me.

Hahaha, Id like to be the guy that sits on my ass and pays you to do my work, but thats just me.
But in all I love America and its people... but not so much the rich old Fs that run `ruin` it
God Bless America and Merry JesusChristmas

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkurkNilsen

Originally posted by enigma91
Yea the US is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad. That's why everyone is stumbling over themselves to try and get here.

FACTS

More immigrants to America than the REST OF THE WORLD COMBINED.

You can pretend and bitch that THE US IS SO UNFAIR MANNNN. CHRISTIANS ARE RUINING IT MANNNN. But the fact remains that everyone is besides themselves to get here.

America IS the greatest country in the world. If you disagree, you're just butthurt that your lesser country can't hold a candle to the US.

This is a prime example of trolling and complete lack of social intelligence.

The posters style can be questioned. However, the facts noted are accurate.

Which DOES raise a valid question,eh?

Anyway, there is an America out there offline that is entirely different from the ever negative internet version. America was literally forged in revolution and warfare, and a little net-trendy bad news is just another day at the office.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirKnightE
As an american who loves his country and has served and fought it it, I can actually agree. After serving in germany, to Iraq and back. I left the military and stayed in germany for a year, and that was the best, financially stable, enjoyable time of my life. The only reason I came back the Great State of Texas was to go to school, and then return to Germany. Unfortunately I am still her with an arrogant woman, and barely making enough for rent and food even thoughI work for FOX network center.

But..... I still love my country.... even as a black man.... God bless the U.S.A.

First things first...Get a better woman. You deserve it, don't you?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Maybe having only 12 days of vacation and doing hard work isn't so bad. Lets take a look at what other countries has to thank America for for all its HARD work and only 12 days of vacation.

Lightning rod
Mail order
Swivel chair
Bifocals
Hardtack crackers
Refrigeration
Lobster trap
Circular saw
Dental floss
Morse code
Threshing machine
Combine harvester
Wrench
Revolver
Safety pin
Gas mask
Potato chips
Clothespin
Breast pump
Condensed milk
Toilet paper (rolled)
Monkey wrench
Burglar alarm
Can opener
Escalator
Modern oil well
Repeating rifle
Vacuum cleaner
Postcard
Machine gun (revolving)
Ratchet wrench
Breakfast cereal
Roller skates (four-wheeled)
Urinal (restroom version)
Motorcycle
Paper clip
Barbed wire
Tape measure
Paper bag
Clothes hanger
Fire hydrant
Chewing gum
Pipe wrench
Cream cheese
Diner
Jeans
Earmuff
Fire sprinkler
QWERTY
Airbrush
Tattoo machine
Phonograph
Cash register
Metal detector
Electric fan
Thermostat
Dissolvable pill
Machine gun
Fountain pen
Skyscraper
Dishwasher
Telephone directory
Drinking straw
Revolving door
Paper towel
Ferris wheel
Gas-operated reloading
Tesla coil
Traveler's check
Zipper
Tractor
Radio
Jackhammer
Mousetrap
Comic book
Charcoal briquette
Remote control
Flashlight
Vertical filing cabinet
Thumbtack
Assembly line production
Disposable safety razor
Hearing aid
Teddy bear
Air conditioning
Tea bag
Crayons
Airplane
Windshield wipers
Automatic transmission
AC power plugs and sockets
Fly swatter
Muffler
Headset
Autopilot
Traffic cone
Fortune cookie
Supermarket
Pop-up toaster
Flowchart
Adhesive bandage
Power steering
Jukebox
Ice cube tray
Bubble gum
Electric razor
Air traffic control
Sunglasses
Frozen food
Electric guitar
Tape dispenser
Nylon
Teflon
Soft serve ice cream
Deodorant
Napalm
Microwave oven
Cruise control
Mobile phone
Acrylic paint
Cat litter
Video games
Cable television
Atomic clock
Credit card
Leaf blower
Disposable diaper
Cooler
Wetsuit
Golf cart
Polio vaccine
Barcode
Automatic sliding doors
Hard disk drive
Videotape
Laser
Weather satellite
Kevlar
Compact disk
Airbag
Laser printer
Smoke detector
Mousepad
Wireless local area network
Personal computer
Microprocessor
Heimlich maneuver
Digital camera
Ethernet
Magnetic resonance imaging
Internet
Blogging
Global Positioning System
JavaScript
Im glad someone work a few more day out of the year so that I can play my Electric Guitar. And just what would all the people in other countries do if America didn't invent the Paper clip? Why their paper would be unorganized and in a complete mess thats what.

edit on 1-12-2010 by Ghrwilson because: .

edit on 1-12-2010 by Ghrwilson because: sp?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I found out today that there are jobs available for me to apply for overseas. I already have a job here and I am secure, but the urge to apply for a UK job is strong in me.

Is this my chance for a getaway?

I guess it's easier for software developers to get jobs than people in other professions. I hope this remains true.

I might need a ticket out of here (USA) if things go "south".

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghrwilson
Maybe having only 12 days of vacation and doing hard work isn't so bad. Lets take a look at what other countries has to thank America for for all its HARD work and only 12 days of vacation.

Lightning rod
Mail order
Swivel chair
Bifocals
Hardtack crackers
Refrigeration
Lobster trap
Circular saw
Dental floss
Morse code
Threshing machine
Combine harvester
Wrench
Revolver
Safety pin
Gas mask
Potato chips
Clothespin
Breast pump
Condensed milk
Toilet paper (rolled)
Monkey wrench
Burglar alarm
Can opener
Escalator
Modern oil well
Repeating rifle
Vacuum cleaner
Postcard
Machine gun (revolving)
Ratchet wrench
Breakfast cereal
Roller skates (four-wheeled)
Urinal (restroom version)
Motorcycle
Paper clip
Barbed wire
Tape measure
Paper bag
Clothes hanger
Fire hydrant
Chewing gum
Pipe wrench
Cream cheese
Diner
Jeans
Earmuff
Fire sprinkler
QWERTY
Airbrush
Tattoo machine
Phonograph
Cash register
Metal detector
Electric fan
Thermostat
Dissolvable pill
Machine gun
Fountain pen
Skyscraper
Dishwasher
Telephone directory
Drinking straw
Revolving door
Paper towel
Ferris wheel
Gas-operated reloading
Tesla coil
Traveler's check
Zipper
Tractor
Radio
Jackhammer
Mousetrap
Comic book
Charcoal briquette
Remote control
Flashlight
Vertical filing cabinet
Thumbtack
Assembly line production
Disposable safety razor
Hearing aid
Teddy bear
Air conditioning
Tea bag
Crayons
Airplane
Windshield wipers
Automatic transmission
AC power plugs and sockets
Fly swatter
Muffler
Headset
Autopilot
Traffic cone
Fortune cookie
Supermarket
Pop-up toaster
Flowchart
Adhesive bandage
Power steering
Jukebox
Ice cube tray
Bubble gum
Electric razor
Air traffic control
Sunglasses
Frozen food
Electric guitar
Tape dispenser
Nylon
Teflon
Soft serve ice cream
Deodorant
Napalm
Microwave oven
Cruise control
Mobile phone
Acrylic paint
Cat litter
Video games
Cable television
Atomic clock
Credit card
Leaf blower
Disposable diaper
Cooler
Wetsuit
Golf cart
Polio vaccine
Barcode
Automatic sliding doors
Hard disk drive
Videotape
Laser
Weather satellite
Kevlar
Compact disk
Airbag
Laser printer
Smoke detector
Mousepad
Wireless local area network
Personal computer
Microprocessor
Heimlich maneuver
Digital camera
Ethernet
Magnetic resonance imaging
Internet
Blogging
Global Positioning System
JavaScript
Im glad someone work a few more day out of the year so that I can play my Electric Guitar. And just what would all the people in other countries do if America didn't invent the Paper clip? Why their paper would be unrecognized and in a complete mess

Nice list, but let's be honest. The creation of swivel chairs and soft-serve ice cream hasn't changed the course of world history. It's this type of false pride that's distracting us Americans from the real issues. The quality of life here is getting worse.

Life isn't about making things. It's about living happy and loving others, and this is harder to come by here in America.

And for ever American invention you mention, there are tons of inventions from other countries that are just as important or more important to everyday life.

Question is: What has American ingenuity brought us lately? Tattoos, Lady Gaga and Justin Beiber?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Laugh out loud to the OP

Is this another kind of propaganda again..?? America is good, America is bad.. give it up.. WHO CARES..??

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

Now now you can't blame Lady Gaga and Justin Beiber there just pawns of the Illuminati..... The topic was work ethics and I see nothing wrong with 12 days vacation. BUT yes I do see there is doom and gloom in America BUT my ATS friend its not just here its all across the world. I find it magically amazing that all these counties at the same time go broke. And I strongly believe that there is a group of people controlling most of what goes on. But I will take pride for being an American `my mamma raised me that way` and I see no sort of rescue for anyone to just swim to the next country for hopes of a better life. I`ll make due with what I got here and fight like hell to keep it the way Americas forefathers had intended it to be..... But that's just my opinion,

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghrwilson

Now now you can't blame Lady Gaga and Justin Beiber there just pawns of the Illuminati..... The topic was work ethics and I see nothing wrong with 12 days vacation. BUT yes I do see there is doom and gloom in America BUT my ATS friend its not just here its all across the world. I find it magically amazing that all these counties at the same time go broke. And I strongly believe that there is a group of people controlling most of what goes on. But I will take pride for being an American `my mamma raised me that way` and I see no sort of rescue for anyone to just swim to the next country for hopes of a better life. I`ll make due with what I got here and fight like hell to keep it the way Americas forefathers had intended it to be..... But that's just my opinion,

In the end, even if I had the opportunity to leave I probably couldn't find it in my heart to...because my family is here in America and I'm a badass American just like you.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

I find this funny. I'm a blue-collar worker and so far this year, I've had the equivalent of 4 weeks off (not in a row, but in 1-2 week increments).

I'm sure it doesn't apply to everyone. My vacations are paid and I use them to catch up on things that I've fallen behind on, especially housework.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Sorry, but Justin Beiber is Canadian, not that we want or need him all that bad ourselves, but he's ours, the rest is all on you.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJ

A luxory we dont have time for unfortunatley

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
This is where some American starts talking about invading Canada.. "what are ya going to do about it you Canadian hoser "eh?", without the USA, you'd all be screwed, who would protects ya without US?" he states loud enough that everyone can hear, slamming his fist on the bar - I've had that conversation more than once with visitors to Toronto when I lived there for a number of years.

Nationalism is our form of incest, is our idolatry, is our insanity. ''Patriotism'' is its cult. It should hardly be necessary to say, that by ''patriotism'' I mean that attitude which puts the own nation above humanity, above the principles of truth and justice; not the loving interest in one's own nation, which is the concern with the nation's spiritual as much as with its material welfare --never with its power over other nations. Just as love for one individual which excludes the love for others is not love, love for one's country which is not part of one's love for humanity is not love, but idolatrous worship.
~ Erich Fromm, American Psychologist

One thing I can assure you, as a friend and neighbor to the north - we all STILL love the USA, in spite of this temporary insanity, now going on two decades..

for some reason we still think you're coming back good 'ol US of A, like an old friend we once knew and loved, not all THAT long ago.

It cannot all be lost, not yet.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

When the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor, yeah, that was bad news for America. But did Americans panic? No!

HAHAHAHA!!!!!

They even made a Hollywood movie out of this one and you STILL fail epicly...

You're right guys. With bright sparks like this guy in your ranks you truly are the greatest country in the world! God Bless America (you guys need all the help you can get) 8)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by monkey_descendant

Well it was adressed to Americans regardless I wasn't refferencing you per say but the general attitude of damn near everyone. I'm happy that get all those benefits from your government but we have different cultures most of us are too proud accept help even if it were offered. (Your making me wish I in the UK as I'm sitting here with 2 shattered teeth with 1 partially exposed root and no money to get them fixed, instead I must rely on whiskey and other drugs to dull the pain). I apparently make too much money to recieve help thats a laugh huh? We also dont think life should be all about work but we have no choice in the matter either your working or your fired.
PS I know what you meant by holiday been to UK before
not to mention the large influx of english students we get around here during the summer.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Isn't it true that in Australia that when you get a loan for college you don't have to pay it back until you have a job that makes a certain amount of money?

Yes, this is completely true. I am currently studying a B.A. Internet Communications and I do not have to pay it back until I earn over AU$50, 000 or more (I am unsure of the exact figure, I can double check it if you want me to).

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Forget it, I read the post wrong.
edit on 2/12/2010 by Kryties because: Read wrong post

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by enigma91
Yea the US is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad. That's why everyone is stumbling over themselves to try and get here.

FACTS

More immigrants to America than the REST OF THE WORLD COMBINED.

You can pretend and bitch that THE US IS SO UNFAIR MANNNN. CHRISTIANS ARE RUINING IT MANNNN. But the fact remains that everyone is besides themselves to get here.

America IS the greatest country in the world. If you disagree, you're just butthurt that your lesser country can't hold a candle to the US.

If you click the "United States" link within that webpage it takes you to another page that breaks down where these immigrants are coming from and why. Look very carefully at the top line that says ASYLUM SEEKERS. Click that link and you will find that THE MAJORITY of the immigration you receive is ASYLUM SEEKERS.

Nice try though.

www.nationmaster.com...

North America > United States > Immigration

AMERICAN IMMIGRATION STATS:

Asylum Seekers 86.4 [3rd of 28]
Asylum Seekers > 1980-89 395.8 [2nd of 16]
Asylum Seekers > 1990-99 897.6 [2nd of 18]
Asylum seekers acceptance rates > 1980-89 26.8% [12th of 16]
Asylum seekers acceptance rates > 1990-99 43.9% [5th of 18]

www.nationmaster.com...

Immigration Statistics > Asylum Seekers (most recent) by country

Showing latest available data.
Rank Countries Amount
# 1 United Kingdom: 92
# 2 Germany: 88.4
# 3 United States: 86.4
# 4 France: 47.3
# 5 Canada: 42.7

The statistics speak for themselves. Next?

Originally posted by Clark Savage Jr.

The posters style can be questioned. However, the facts noted are accurate.

No they are not. A simple search within the link he provided would prove that the majority of immigrants to America are asylum seekers, people who move from their own country to the closest, perceived, safe one out of necessity.

edit on 2/12/2010 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Hello guys first of thanks for let me join this great form.i am dutch but i live in spain for the last 12 years about our Goverments all are big scum all over the globe i don.t hate no one regardles of race if you guys follow the news Spain has to reduce it.s bugget so i need to pay more just like american people etc etc we need to work now untill atleast 67 years of age to get a pension and the goverment came up with another brilliant idea.they wanne put it 3 years higher untill 70 years of age wy to save the pensions they say.the problem i am seeing is that all over the globe is that the young kids are getting lazy because most youngsters are not going to work untill they are 25 and up.i work for my own untill a couple of years ago i paid 292 euros a month tax now i pay 362 euros plus i need to pay another type of tax thats I.R.P.F is 1% every month of what you make so the only thing we have good in europe is free healthcare but its not free you feel me plus every 3 months i need to pay another type of taxes its call,t in spanish Modulos and it cost me around 500 euros so sum that all up for the last 7 years?? They got me by the balls.so i dont see Europe any better then the good old Usa mayby in laws and stuff but thats another subject lol the richer are getting richer and middle class will be a dying breed.thanks and regards

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I'm in marketing. This thread is an ad for the book. Notice the links. Notice the change in tone and meter. May all be true but it is still and ad.

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join