It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans, I Have Some Bad News For You

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+37 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Wow, just wow. I found this link on another site. Very informative and interesting comment on leaving the USA.

If you had any idea of how people really lived in Western Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and many parts of Asia, you’d be rioting in the streets calling for a better life. In fact, the average Australian or Singaporean taxi driver has a much better standard of living than the typical American white-collar worker.

I know this because I am an American, and I escaped from the prison you call home.

Check the stats on average annual vacation days by country:

Finland: 44
Italy: 42
France: 39
Germany: 35
UK: 25
Japan: 18
USA: 12

The fact is, they work you like dogs in the United States. This should come as no surprise: the United States never got away from the plantation/sweat shop labor model and any real labor movement was brutally suppressed. Unless you happen to be a member of the ownership class, your options are pretty much limited to barely surviving on service-sector wages or playing musical chairs for a spot in a cubicle (a spot that will be outsourced to India next week anyway). The very best you can hope for is to get a professional degree and then milk the system for a slice of the middle-class pie. And even those who claw their way into the middle class are but one illness or job loss away from poverty. Your jobs aren’t secure. Your company has no loyalty to you. They’ll play you off against your coworkers for as long as it suits them, then they’ll get rid of you.

Visit the link for the whole text. I think this person really hit it.

Bad News

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
That is not the only bad news for Americans.

Being from America is bad enough news. Socially dependent on media and fast food and medication.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by bloodgame
That is not the only bad news for Americans.

Being from America is bad enough news. Socially dependent on media and fast food and medication.

All of that is mentioned in the entire text.

It is kind of a long read.

+17 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Just because you have vacation days, doesn't necessarily mean that you can afford to take a vacation.
I know it's nice to have time off and all, but I would like to take the time off to actually vacation and not just sit home broke with nothing to do.

+21 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Yeah but most loyal Americans won't just abandon this country for a better wage; we're here to make things better for anyone who comes here. America is still the greatest country on Earth, and the OP is just one defector we will not miss

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
As an american who loves his country and has served and fought it it, I can actually agree. After serving in germany, to Iraq and back. I left the military and stayed in germany for a year, and that was the best, financially stable, enjoyable time of my life. The only reason I came back the Great State of Texas was to go to school, and then return to Germany. Unfortunately I am still her with an arrogant woman, and barely making enough for rent and food even thoughI work for FOX network center.

But..... I still love my country.... even as a black man.... God bless the U.S.A.

+61 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Why is America the greatest country on earth anyway?
I find it abit conceited to say that, it's like saying 'I'm the hottest guy on the planet. Everyone wants to be like me and you must love me'

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by T0by
Why is America the greatest country on earth anyway?
I find it abit conceited to say that, it's like saying 'I'm the hottest guy on the planet. Everyone wants to be like me and you must love me'

Its called pride... And I AM the hottest guy on the planet, and everyone wants to be like me, and everyone loves me. Such a huge ego right?... Thats why I love me and my country

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Sigh.
Well, we all know what this topic is going to turn into now.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ledzeppelin489
Yeah but most loyal Americans won't just abandon this country for a better wage; we're here to make things better for anyone who comes here. America is still the greatest country on Earth, and the OP is just one defector we will not miss

I didn't say I was leaving, just wanted to point this topic out.

The funny thing is, the USA has been the country that the 3rd worlders want to get to. It is too bad that many are disillusioned when they get here. Money really does not grow on trees here.

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
In theory the US of A is the greatest country in the world.
If you guys would just toss the tards that just stole your constitutional government ( and lets face it, they are stealing ours too), and who have hijacked your bill of rights, and who are sucking all the good stuff out of your dollar, the US would be the greatest country in the world.

time is short I wouldn't wait too long to get on it.
The virus is spreading.
edit on 30-11-2010 by Danbones because: clarity content spelling

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Truth_B_Told

Yet another (I hate my country) thread by someone which serves no purpose other than to show a lack of class.

Move on nothing here!!

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by whywhynot

naw lets not deal with reality
that would spoil the plot to steal it

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Where the hell is the good news?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Some people get the weekends off right there is another 6=8 days a month off work it is not like those 12 days are your ONLY days off work. This does not take into ANY consideration actual facts, like teachers get a full years wage and then get the summer off..... Uhhh vacation days are not the ONLYdays you get off work... It all comes with the turf....Seriously 40 days vacation PLUS the weekends sick days AND holidays no wonder finland is the little crap we put around our tree at christmas... America is the big train that thunders around it.
edit on 30-11-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I love my country but, I SEE what the writer is talking about on a daily basis. I would hazard to guess that a fairly high percentage of the readers here on ATS see it as well and it gets worse every day. Literally, EVERY day and it feels like it is accelerating.

That we live in the land of lies says SO much. We are lied to by the government, the media and the corporatocracy. If things were as good as diehard patriots want to believe, would all the lies be necessary?

I have cried many times as I have come to the realization that they have destroyed my country. I often consider trying to get out, but then I think about trying to defend what this country once was. I fear it may already be too late. Nobody really wants to see what is going on and it will take more awareness and outrage than I see in my fellow Americans to effect change.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
The constitution tells you how to fix this.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewJay
The constitution tells you how to fix this.

The Constitution now longer is applicable to anyone.

The 3 Branches of the Federal Government....Executive, Congressional, Judicial all no longer define an "American" as a citizen of the States.

Anyone who sneaks across the border they now consider an "American". In fact those people are given more rights and priveleges than even real citizens of our country.

States and the Federal Government spend more money in 1 year on illegal immigrants....than they spend in 10 years on our Veterans.

The EMTALA Act gave 100% free medical to illegal immigrants. illegals get section 8, welfare, free school for their kids, drivers licenses. In 2005 congress/Federal Reserve ordered the banks to give mortgages to illegals. In 2000 GMAC was giving auto loans to illegal immigrants with only 2 utility bills and a few bucks down payment. They drove most of those across the border and never paid for them. 10 million illegals walked away from their mortgages and buying and selling homes between themselves...taking Trillions back to Central America/Mexico/South America.

President Bush helped illegal immigrants. They used to have to serve 3 years honorably in our military to get citizenship if they had a green card. Bush gave them immediate free/expedited citizenship if they served 1 day in our military. Which then got them a Secret Security Clearance and access to lots of things to pilfer/rob us.

We're no longer a nation of laws. Nor do we have any rights or liberties left.

We've been robbed by many sides and the only reason our Government is still operating is we are letting them run the Printing Press another day and rob us yet some more.

The only piece of bad news left we could possibly hear is our free speech on the internet is over. The Senate gave the President power to shut the internet down so looks like that day is coming soon.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Well for all the financial freedoms those in other countries do enjoy over people in the US, they do in fact have less personal freedoms in return. See I can still protect myself and my family from the like of oppressive governments via guns. There are far too many countries where that is not allowed. So pick your poison.

The truth is, that we have far too few rights in ANY of the modern countries and are ALL treated like slaves. Honestly it should be your right as a human being to protect yourself against oppression in the same way it is being shoved down your throats (governments have guns). If one human being is allowed a gun than all should be alllowed the same defense. After all does one tiger or group of tigers have the right to take away another tiger's teeth or claws?

Don't be fooled, all governments and the "elites" are where they are because they are propped up on our backs. Giving the government's the right to "protect you" while not having gun rights yourself is like giving the fox the keys to the henhouse and "hoping for the best".

So yeah Americans are overworked and yeah Europeans have no personal freedom. You can continue to feed into their game of divide and conquer. You can be a smug sheep and know you have it better than the cattle.
Or you can realize we are all oppressed, who is really at fault and stop fighting with the other slaves. Take your rightful real freedom and feel how good that can be.
edit on 1-12-2010 by Redwookieaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Truth_B_Told

Sorry OP, your link's blog is wrong.

A couple of paragraphs into his article he states that all of western Europe has a single-payer health system. False!! I can't vouch for England or some of the others but I do know that Germany is not a single-payer system.

Where did he get his stats on the average annual vacation days? He posts no references. I know of no one working in the private sector that receives 35 days of vacation in Germany. 30 days is the norm. Granted that is more than the normal American worker, but this shows how the blogger is lying in order to emphasize his opinion.

I understand if people want to leave the US or are not happy with the current conditions in America, but at least use some facts in justifying your opinion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join