It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans, I Have Some Bad News For You

page: 20
<< 17  18  19   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by subject9

Oh please. Yeah, my government really has my best interest at heart. We're in a war right now that's worth fighting, and not about greed. /sarcasm off

Pay attention to your own country, and quit telling Americans how to think and feel. There's nothing more invigorating than pointing out the imperfection of others, is there?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Wow, I can't believe how much ATS woke me up to how America isn't really that free. I learned about the constituition and freedom of press, freedom of religion, freedom of speech, etc... in school and I thought, "Wow, we have it good here." But as I got older and learned more, I've seen that America isn't too great a country to live in.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth_B_Told
Wow, just wow. I found this link on another site. Very informative and interesting comment on leaving the USA.

If you had any idea of how people really lived in Western Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and many parts of Asia, you’d be rioting in the streets calling for a better life. In fact, the average Australian or Singaporean taxi driver has a much better standard of living than the typical American white-collar worker.

I know this because I am an American, and I escaped from the prison you call home.

Check the stats on average annual vacation days by country:

Finland: 44
Italy: 42
France: 39
Germany: 35
UK: 25
Japan: 18
USA: 12

The fact is, they work you like dogs in the United States. This should come as no surprise: the United States never got away from the plantation/sweat shop labor model and any real labor movement was brutally suppressed. Unless you happen to be a member of the ownership class, your options are pretty much limited to barely surviving on service-sector wages or playing musical chairs for a spot in a cubicle (a spot that will be outsourced to India next week anyway). The very best you can hope for is to get a professional degree and then milk the system for a slice of the middle-class pie. And even those who claw their way into the middle class are but one illness or job loss away from poverty. Your jobs aren’t secure. Your company has no loyalty to you. They’ll play you off against your coworkers for as long as it suits them, then they’ll get rid of you.

Visit the link for the whole text. I think this person really hit it.

Bad News

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Fear. fear. fear... wait and see what happens... nothing will.. as long as you watch, t.v.. or the newspapers..

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by redCrow

that same post is in this thread

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth_B_Told

Originally posted by ledzeppelin489
Yeah but most loyal Americans won't just abandon this country for a better wage; we're here to make things better for anyone who comes here. America is still the greatest country on Earth, and the OP is just one defector we will not miss

I didn't say I was leaving, just wanted to point this topic out.

The funny thing is, the USA has been the country that the 3rd worlders want to get to. It is too bad that many are disillusioned when they get here. Money really does not grow on trees here.

Believe it or not there all headed for australia now... come one come all As long as you get a job were cool.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 11:04 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

<< 17  18  19   >>

join