It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can China Invade Taiwan?

page: 88
<< 85  86  87    89  90  91 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   

1wintermute1 wrote:
If all you love war soo much, and know soo much about war, why are you not in the Army fighting on the front lines .

My guess is either you're GI Joe or a Spartan straight out of Halo2.

Well if they did attack Taiwan I'd be on a plane immediately. If any country deserves recognition and freedom from Chinee oppression it is Taiwan.

When I was in I was an 13 Foxtrot, Four years.This is kinda what it was like:

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

scroll down to the post by me that begins w/ "Yeah Ed," and there's one more post of some of my adventures after that one.

I've paid my dues.

What of you?

[edit on 4/3/2005 by bodebliss]

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies
Why would you want to loose track of your nuclear subs?

Wha?
Okey shattered you got me confused here..

I'm sure the Pentagon keeps tabs on all of it's Nuclear Subs. Anyways, I doubt America gives a damn enough to send over 3-4 nuclear subs off the coast of Taiwan. Just nothing there to keep tabs on, I mean, if China wants to invade, let them, it won't be the end of the world.

Well you would want to keep track of several millions of dollars worth of taxpayers money wouldnt you?

My thoughts where like this at first...but when you think of it...it would give the american militarya chance to test chinese offensive capabilites....

Originally posted by 1wintermute1
Anyone ever hear of an "ärmchair quarterback"..?
Sounds like we got a few armchair generals in here.

Wait, and do generals now sit on cusions or what?
Please I would be very interested in knowing the seating arrangements and protocols of a generals position....

I have a serious question and I know it is going to sound rude so let me apologize before hand...BUT..

If all you love war soo much, and know soo much about war, why are you not in the Army fighting on the fromt lines instead of talking all this hypothetical nonsense as to the specifics of whether or not China and Taiwan will go to war (amongst other things).

Actually we are talking about this in hope that it will never happen....oh and one thing...if I love war that much why am I applying for a position in the engineering branch of the navy?
Truely if your theory holds logic then I would clearly join the commandos or argylls.
Yes no?

Once again I know it sounds rude but I am generally interested in hearing a response.

I am afraid my fellow poster it not only sounds, smells, tastes , feels and looks rude it is infact rude....have a good week...

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss

Well if they did attack Taiwan I'd be on a plane immediately. If any country deserves recognition and freedom from Chinee oppression it is Taiwan.

scroll down to the post by me that begins w/ "Yeah Ed," and there's one more post of some of my adventures after that one.

I've paid my dues.

What of you?

Acutally, you're the G.I. Joe and/or Spartan. And it can be proven.

Why should he "pay his dues?" If he doesn't agree with it, it's not any "due" he has to pay.

The way I see it, if you like to talk, then I'm glad to have you be the one to pay the dues.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   

1wintermute1 wrote:
If all you love war soo much, and know soo much about war, why are you not in the Army fighting on the front lines .

I've paid my dues.

What of you?

I don't know what Halo2 is, will youplease explain to me?

I will anser your other questions once I understand that one. Sorry, no ill intent meant.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Pfft, drown a kitten down the drain,, or make a kitty cake.

Anyways, yea, there are virtually no military advantages to this situation, they are just so less advanced, it's hilarious, it becomes a joke once we can kick all their arses.

But still, no point in keeping our subs there, keep an eye on russia though.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   

It takes time to orginise independance AND it takes time to "move the peices in place" remember chess?

Well at lest you will be more prepared then just being surprised.
I see it as paying dues if your living in a country and having a good life in it its only fair you do your part to make sure it stays that way.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Well at lest you will be more prepared then just being surprised.
I see it as paying dues if your living in a country and having a good life in it its only fair you do your part to make sure it stays that way.

Fighting for thier rights is a just cause but sometimes doing the right thin isnt the right thing to do....

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Well unless you have a magic pill I can take that will make me 2 years older, then I cant join the USMC or US Army. First thing I'll do when I graduate the school is go straight into the military. So until then what better place than ATS?!

So you have no experience when it Comes to war, Yet you give unfettered advice as to how to deal with war....interesting.....

I suggest you get back to me once you have actually SEEN a DEAD BODY, and once you have actually endured all the atrocities that come with it.........

UNTIL THEN YOU ARE NOTHING MORE THAN AN ARMCHAIR GENERAL WHO KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT WAR, AND IS THEREFORE UN-QUALIFIED TO SPEAK ON THE MATTER!

HAVE YOU EVER SMELLED THE DECREPANCE OF A DECOMPOSING BODY? HAVE YOU EVE EVEN SEEN ROTTING FLESH ? WHO ARE you TO SPEAK ON SUCH MATTERS THEN?

WHEN YOU GROW UP AND HAVE ACTUALLY SEEN DEATH , THEN PERHAPS I WILL LISTEN TO ANYTHING YOU SAY, UNTIL THEN YOU ARE JUST ANOTHER CHILD WHO KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT WHICH YOU SPEAK!!!!

ARMCHAIR GENERAL!!

WHEN IT IS YOUR FRIENDS COMING BACK IN BODY BAGS, AND ONCE YOU HAVE KNOWN SOMEONE WHO HAS DIED, THEN PLEASE GET BACK TO ME, OTHERWISE KEEP YOUR SOPHOMORIC QUOTES, AND YOUR ARMCHAIR ASSESMENTS TO YOURSELF!!!!

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Look man, this is twice you've lost the head at someone, even though westy aint exactly my "pal" you have no right to treat him or anyone else on this site like that.
He is giveing his opinion, amatuer or not his opinion is apreaciated.
Just like yours is , thank you for it I respect it but I frankly dont quite care for it.
I request an apology to westpoint23 from you.....you have no obligation and I expect nothing from you...but it would show great face if you done so..

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
wintermute,

A 'Spartan straight out of Halo 2( a game )' .This is a great action game I and my grandson love to play.

A Spartan is 7 feet tall and wears exoarmor and is infected with nanites to make him a super soldier.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
Look man, this is twice you've lost the head at someone, even though westy aint exactly my "pal" you have no right to treat him or anyone else on this site like that.
Just like yours is , thank you for it I respect it but I frankly dont quite care for it.

Fair enough. But once againI ask you in favour of war....HOW MANY OF YOU HAVE ACTUALLY SEEN A DEAD BODY?

I HAVE ! MANy, UPON MANY, UPON MANY!! ANd most vets, reguardless of whether or not they are pacifist will explain that those of you who have not seen war have no right to speak....

That is all I am saying.

If you can tell me what a decaying corpse smells like then by all means lets talk, if however this is not the case and you are giving your opinion based on something you have never seen, then I will feel no qualms about telling you to shut The F up about something you have never dealt with....

Once again I welcome all those who have killed, and seen those be killed to join the conversation....If you know nothing about it though then I suggest you keep your unwarranted opinions to yourself!

You want to talk death, then lets discuss it...if you have never seen it though then you have NO RIGHT TO SAY ANYTHING!!!!!

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Fair enough. But once againI ask you in favour of war....

I'll stop you before you begin...we are not for the war...never once did I see any one here wanting it...if you want to post a link to where someone did then I will bow to your superior observation skills.
We are discussing what could happen....and praying it doesnt...

HOW MANY OF YOU HAVE ACTUALLY SEEN A DEAD BODY?

I HAVE ! MANy, UPON MANY, UPON MANY!! ANd most vets, reguardless of whether or not they are pacifist will explain that those of you who have not seen war have no right to speak....

I have every right to speak...you fought for that ( I am guessing)and I will someday so you better damm well accept it mister..

That is all I am saying.

If you can tell me what a decaying corpse smells like then by all means lets talk, if however this is not the case and you are giving your opinion based on something you have never seen, then I will feel no qualms about telling you to shut The F up about something you have never dealt with....

Okey now your trying to say we have no right to speak about what our military does and how they do it?
Might I remind you, its civilians that lead both mine and your countries so frankly you take orders from US!
Tell me to "shut the F up" all you want, I wont and there is very little you can do to stop me....anyone who tries to take my freedom and my friends,relitives, cadet brothers and sisters and fellow citizens freedoms or rights I will fight them with every fibre in my soul, THIS is what you fought for, not yourself but for us...so be dammed well prepared for the consequences.

Once again I welcome all those who have killed, and seen those be killed to join the conversation....If you know nothing about it though then I suggest you keep your unwarranted opinions to yourself!

Why?
What "right" do you have over me?
Because you have seen death?
That makes you more qualified over me?

You want to talk death, then lets discuss it...if you have never seen it though then you have NO RIGHT TO SAY ANYTHING!!!!!

I have every right, and unless you want to be a dictator and opressor you better be prepared to hear it!

Mods; sorry about this....

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   
wintermute,

I stand with Devilwasp on his post. I never went to war , but I have seen people killed in prep for war. A dead soldier is a dead soldier. They always carted the bodies away before they could rot in training. I served in peace-time. I hope Westpoint never will see combat and I agree w/ Devil, Westpoint deserves normal respect due anyone. I see all kinds of people ,but I don't expect them to come up to the standards of airborne ranger. How would you like your Mom or Grandma to treat you like RIs or AIs treat recruits. It be a cold world!

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Once again and I don't think it unfair to expect...........

Unless you have EVER KILLED, AND UNLESS YOU KNWO WHAT IT MEANS TO BRING A HUMAN LIFE TO AN END THEN YOU HAVE NO RIGHT, TO SPEAK!!!!!

YOU CAN TALK ALL ABOUT WHAT YOU THINK, BUT UNTIL YTOU HAVE TAKEN THATLIFE, UNTIL YOU HAVE TAKEN THAT LIFE, AND LOOKED INTO THOSE EYES THEN YOU ARE NOTHING MORE THAN CHILDREN WHO HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!!!

I HAVE TAKEN LIFE, I HAVE STARED INTO THEIR EYES, I HAVE SEEN THE EMPTINESS THA LIES BEYIND DEATH, AND WHETHER YOU ARE A PACIFIST OR NOT, ANYONE WHO HAS EVER BEEN IN WAR WILL TELL YOU THE SAME THING!!!!!

UNTIL YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS LIKE TO SMELL BURING FLESH THEN I SUGGEST YOU KEEP YOUR OPINIONS TO YOURSELF AS YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE HELL YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!

WHEN YOU LOOK INTO THE EYES OF A DYING CHILD AND YOU HAVE TO EXPLAIN TO THEM WHY YOU HAVE SHOT THEM THEN PLEASE DO NOT TALK TO ME, AS YOU OBVIOUSLY KNOW NOTHING WHEN IT COMES TO DEATH.

I HAVE BEEN BOTH THE HARBINGER, AND THE MESSENGER OF DEATH HOW DARE YOU IN YOUR INFANTILE SPECULATIONS HAVE THE AUDACITY TO QUESTION ME.

LIKE I SAID DOVE OR HAWK, TALK TO ANYONE WHO HAS ACTUALLY SEEN WAR, AND THEY WILL SPEAK A COMPLETLY DIFFERENT LANGUAGE THAN YOU.

WHEN YOU HAVE A TEN YEAR OLD DIE IN YOUR ARMS THEN COME AND TALK TO ME, UNTIL THEN KEEP YOU ILL-INFORMED OPINIONS TO YOURSELF.............AS YOU OBVIOUSLY KNOW NOTHING ABOUT DEATH!!!

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I HAVE BEEN BOTH THE HARBINGER, AND THE MESSENGER OF DEATH HOW DARE YOU IN YOUR INFANTILE SPECULATIONS HAVE THE AUDACITY TO QUESTION ME.

Wow... You must really like YELLING and death mate... Strange combination. However that may be, ANYONE can "question" anything you say.

How about a nice big CHILL OUT here...

m...

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
I request an apology to westpoint23 from you.....you have no obligation and I expect nothing from you...but it would show great face if you done so..

You apparently haven't spoken enough with Westy.

Talk with him for about two more months and then come back and tell me what you observed.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 11:20 PM
link   

wintermute,

I stand with Devilwasp on his post. I never went to war , but I have seen people killed in prep for war. A dead soldier is a dead soldier. They always carted the bodies away before they could rot in training. I served in peace-time. I hope Westpoint never will see combat and I agree w/ Devil, Westpoint deserves normal respect due anyone. I see all kinds of people ,but I don't expect them to come up to the standards of airborne ranger. How would you like your Mom or Grandma to treat you like RIs or AIs treat recruits. It be a cold world!

And you're the G.I. Joe, saying this...

The way I see it, WestPoint has been treated with as much respect as anyone. If I didn't know better, I'd say he's been given a little too much respect.

But I know better so I can truthfully say he's nothing to cry over. He's been respected as much as the best member (theoretically) has been on ATS.

The biggest travesty is us divirging this thread for one guy who really hasn't been a positive contributor.

Can we get back on track here please, before a moderator shuts us down? Thank you all very much.

[edit on 3-4-2005 by sweatmonicaIdo]

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

Wow... You must really like YELLING and death mate... Strange combination. However that may be, ANYONE can "question" anything you say.

How about a nice big CHILL OUT here...

m...

No actually I HAE DEATH AND ALL THAT ACCOMPANIES IT!

I am sorry if I am a bit emotional about the emotional ramifications of death.....

Once again I challenge all of you who speculate as to it's realities, to compare the truth with me....It can not be done.....

ANYONE WHO HS LOOKED INTO THE DYING EYES OF ACHILD WILL KNOW WHAT I AM SAYING!!!!

This has nothing to do with peace, or non peace.

all Once again I challenge you all!!!!

If Anyone here has actually seen death first hand then I would love to talk to you. If however you have'nt, and you have nothing more than opinion to give than I respectfully suggest you go F yourselves, as anyone who has EVER taken a life can attest IT IS NOT GLORIOUS, AND IT IT NOT AN HONOUR.

IF THE MODS BAN ME FOR THIS, THEN SOO BE IT. ONE AGAIN I HAVE SEEN THE RESULT OF DEATH AND I CHALLENGE ALL OF YOU TO DISPUTE IT !

THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN IN WAR DO NOT ENVY WHAT THEY HAVE SEEN!!!!!

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Mute,

CALM DOWN

Why you had to give WestPoint the attention and fame he wants so bad, I have no idea, and I am disappointed you did so.

Thanks to that, this thread has gone way off track. Once again, Ignorance Rules.

Can somebody help me get this back on track before somebody really gets banned???

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Yelling at Westpoint23 brings back a lot of memories. That used to be my favorite pass time here on ATS, but eventually I outgrew it. I think WestPoint is wrong at least his share of the time, but nobody has any right to yell at him or anyone else here and run them into the ground the way mute has been doing.
Furthermore, very few of the veterans I know, especially the ones who dislike war, would call themselves "messengers of death". NONE of them would be so undisciplined as to burst into an infantile screaming fit just because WestPoint doesn't agree with them. (Of course I generally associate with Marines- maybe mute is a wing wiper
Just kidding.)

Online you never know if somebody is what they claim to be, so you judge them on their content, not their unsubstantiated claims about themselves. The content I see from mute is mostly a yelling fit. You rarely see anyone with so many warnings, much less such well-deserved ones.

Edit to add: When you attack me in response, which I fully anticipate, please use your library voice.

[edit on 4-4-2005 by The Vagabond]

<< 85  86  87    89  90  91 >>

join