It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can China Invade Taiwan?

page: 87
<< 84  85  86    88  89  90 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I doubt anyone but seriousely hard-core, Mao-era, Communist generals are thinking that taking Taiwan by force is a good idea. The current Chinese military leadership is in transition, i think the top Generals now are the Sino-Vietnam border conflict era.

Short of Taiwan declaring independence or joining NATO, China would not attack it.

I think even Taiwanese politicians recognize this, most of the recent moves by the Taiwanese politicians have more to do with internal politics then external politics.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Sorry I have misread the information, I thought it was "31% of submarine force" underway and another "20% of submarine force" BUT I think its actually only 31% away from port and 10 of those 16 submarines are on deployment...one wonders what the US does with the other 42

Yes devil one wanders perhaps one is not wrong to wander that some of these subs are on mission to secret to be posted on some public website. Like say stalking the waters of southeast Asia?

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Yes devil one wanders perhaps one is not wrong to wander that some of these subs are on mission to secret to be posted on some public website. Like say stalking the waters of southeast Asia?

Yes the US is secretly keeping 42 nuclear submarines off the coast of taiwan.........well some poor radioligist in taiwan is going to be going mad with his geiger counter.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
DevilWasp perhaps you should read my posts more carefully. Notice I said "some" not all, well have a nice day.

West Point, Out.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   

DevilWasp perhaps you should read my posts more carefully. Notice I said "some" not all, well have a nice day.

........Mabye read mine....it was a jest...
BTW, whats the use in lieing about if they are away or not....theres 361.132 million square miles of water in the world....are you telling me that you can keep track of 42 submarines in that distance?

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Are you telling me that the Pentagon cant keep track of its Subs? Some of those 42 Subs could be on port others could be doing some deep sea fishing.
And the U.S. probably doesn't have that many Boomer subs on deployment if not any so lets subtract 16 subs form that list of 42 that leaves us with 26 extra attack subs.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Are you telling me that the Pentagon cant keep track of its Subs?

No just pointing out how ther would be no point in lieing since there is a VERY large ammount of water in the world and a small number of subs....

Some of those 42 Subs could be on port others could be doing some deep sea fishing.
And the U.S. probably doesn't have that many Boomer subs on deployment if not any so lets subtract 16 subs form that list of 42 that leaves us with 26 extra attack subs.

26 other subs spread across the globe...big space...and add to to the fac t they could be joint exerciseing, in refit, port, deep sea diveing as you said
or even just playing shadow with non existant russian subs..

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
Yes the US is secretly keeping 42 nuclear submarines off the coast of taiwan.........well some poor radioligist in taiwan is going to be going mad with his geiger counter.

That is not correct as the reactor is designed with "shielding" around it to reduce radiation levels. On board, radiation levels are very low and infact a submariner gets less radiation at sea than a person gets on a beach from the sun and other natural background radiation sources. Each crewman wears a dosimeter, a device that measures levels of exposure to radiation, at all times. Each man's dosimeter is checked periodically; the Navy monitors exactly how much radiation each man has been exposed to, and has strict controls in place to minimize everyone's exposure. So even if all 42 were at next to each other the amount of radiation from them is negligeble! Of course the amount of radiation varies from SSN' s and SSBN's .
BTW that number 42 is it SSN's or SSBN's or both ?

IAF>

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101
That is not correct as the reactor is designed with "shielding" around it to reduce radiation levels. On board, radiation levels are very low and infact a submariner gets less radiation at sea than a person gets on a beach from the sun and other natural background radiation sources. Each crewman wears a dosimeter, a device that measures levels of exposure to radiation, at all times. Each man's dosimeter is checked periodically; the Navy monitors exactly how much radiation each man has been exposed to, and has strict controls in place to minimize everyone's exposure. So even if all 42 were at next to each other the amount of radiation from them is negligeble! Of course the amount of radiation varies from SSN' s and SSBN's .
BTW that number 42 is it SSN's or SSBN's or both ?

IAF>

Jest man , in jest...
I am really starting to regret notposting (JOKEING) after that post...

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   
The subs that interest me are the ballistic missle subs these are the deterent.

I think there are nine in the pacific and nine in the atlantic.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
well some poor radioligist..... counter.

Actually a radiologist studies your X-ray and conducts CT scans and that sorta thing in a hospital, he doesn't really walk around with a geiger counter.
I know, I know its just for fun you posted that above post I'm doing this in jest as well

[edit on 3-4-2005 by IAF101]

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   

26 other subs spread across the globe...big space...and add to to the fac t they could be joint exerciseing, in refit, port, deep sea diveing as you said or even just playing shadow with non existant russian subs..

Oh... for gods sake come-on devilwasp, Is it that hard for you to even consider the possibility that some subs may be monitoring the situation in Taiwan?. You accept every other possibility as absurd as it sound yet you cant accept mine. Come-on it would make my day if you at least accepted the possibility.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Oh... for gods sake come-on devilwasp, Is it that hard for you to even consider the possibility that some subs may be monitoring the situation in Taiwan?. You accept every other possibility as absurd as it sound yet you cant accept mine. Come-on it would make my day if you at least accepted the possibility.

I can accept they could be but it wouldnt make any sense since one of those 16 would be around taiwan, as a show force....
As a cheif once said to me while on BTEC; "I aint here to make your day.."

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Not as a show force but patrolling around there just incase something happens.
Also China would only attack if Taiwan declared independence right? So the U.S. and Taiwan have probably made some type of deal that Twain will notify the U.S. before it declares independence then the U.S. can get all of its pieces in place and then let the show begin.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Anyone ever hear of an "ärmchair quarterback"..?
Sounds like we got a few armchair generals in here.

I have a serious question and I know it is going to sound rude so let me apologize before hand...BUT..

If all you love war soo much, and know soo much about war, why are you not in the Army fighting on the fromt lines instead of talking all this hypothetical nonsense as to the specifics of whether or not China and Taiwan will go to war (amongst other things).

Once again I know it sounds rude but I am generally interested in hearing a response.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
No one? Come on War mongers? Please help me to understand?

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I'd join the PLA forces if and only if China is being invaded but I have not much interest in joining the China vs. Taiwan conflict since the Taiwanese are Chinese and I do not want to fight any of them. Thus I hope the matter between China and Taiwan can be resolved diplomatically, peacefully, hope everyone can accept the one country, two systems proposal. I also have no interest in joining any conflict where China is the aggressor against a nation that was never Chinese e.g. Tibet

[edit on 3-4-2005 by Taishyou]

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Well unless you have a magic pill I can take that will make me 2 years older, then I cant join the USMC or US Army. First thing I'll do when I graduate high school is go straight into the military. So until then what better place than ATS?!

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Not as a show force but patrolling around there just incase something happens.

Its both a show of force and a protection...

Also China would only attack if Taiwan declared independence right? So the U.S. and Taiwan have probably made some type of deal that Twain will notify the U.S. before it declares independence then the U.S. can get all of its pieces in place and then let the show begin.

It takes time to orginise independance AND it takes time to "move the peices in place" remember chess?

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Why would you want to loose track of your nuclear subs?

I'm sure the Pentagon keeps tabs on all of it's Nuclear Subs. Anyways, I doubt America gives a damn enough to send over 3-4 nuclear subs off the coast of Taiwan. Just nothing there to keep tabs on, I mean, if China wants to invade, let them, it won't be the end of the world.

Shattered OUT...

top topics

<< 84  85  86    88  89  90 >>

join