It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

interpol issue an arrest warrent for wikileaks asange

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

interpol issue an arrest warrent for wikileaks asange

the bbc understands that inrerpol have issued an arrest warrent for wikileaks founder julian assange.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
this has just broke on the bbc new at ten in the uk.
interpol want to find assange and arrest him for .......... well not what you all think . but for sex crime aligations! apparently he was accused of a sex crime last august in sweden. he denies the aligation. this in my opinion just brings this guys profile home. a shady pervert with narcasistic tendencys only intrested in self gratification rather than freedom of information and speech.
his days are numberd i think. wikileaks will continue i assume without him however

(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 30-11-2010 by blacklist because: edited to contain details of the aligation made

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by blacklist

To be honest i think there just making that **** up.. think...if they arrested him for the wikileaks stuff that would just prove the information... why all of a sudden hes being accused of a sex crime.. i bet you any money if he never leaked those cables he wouldnt be accused of this. Your reaction is exactly what they were hoping we would all say.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

The WikiLeaks founder, Julian Assange, is tonight facing growing legal problems around the world, with the US announcing that it was investigating whether he had violated its espionage laws.

Assange's details were also added to Interpol's worldwide wanted list. Dated 30 November, the entry reads: "sex crimes" and says the warrant has been issued by the international public prosecution office in Gothenburg, Sweden. "If you have any information contact your national or local police." It reads: "Wanted: Assange, Julian Paul," and gives his birthplace as Townsville, Australia.

"We are ready to give him residence in Ecuador, with no problems and no conditions," Ecuador's foreign minister, Kintto Lucas, said.

www.guardian.co.uk...

To Ecuador!

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
what i was getting at with my post is simply i just dont trust assange i think hes a realy shady character.
let me just say i do agree with wikileaks ultimate objective however i feel they will do better without assange.
the old saying rings true one bad apple spoils the barrel.

its also my understanding that these aligations were made before the leaks. i may be wrong but i dont think so.
edit on 30-11-2010 by blacklist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
the allegations were made, and then withdrawn over 6 months ago. lack of evidence.

now suddenly they are back on again?

you know if i was a rape victim, which is what this is apparently about, i would not have let them withdraw the charges in the first place.

just food for thought.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by blacklist
what i was getting at with my post is simply i just dont trust assange i think hes a realy shady character.

None of us really know the dude.. i didnt know his name till today.... all of wikileaks is shady... its suppos to be..lol...

Tell your government not to be so shady then

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

its also my understanding that these aligations were made before the leaks.

What leaks? He published many leaks through years. He had many sensitive diplomatic and corporate leaks on the site for years, as well as cryptome. I'm sure he was on someone's to-do list long before these recent bombastic leaks.

Ok, but you can't tell me your thought of him as a "shady pervert" even before this blatantly obvious smear campaign against him. Oh well, maybe he really does go around raping Scandinavian women, its possible.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Here's some info posted in a thread a little while ago about the supposed rape victim(s)

here

She was a radical feminist...that rings some alarm bells right away with me. There is a good chance that it is a political move for herself because she is an extremely devoted christian feminist and probably didn't like being treated as a "hook up" by Assange. She had already had sex with him when the supposed molestation or offensive actions took place so if you ask me, he might have gotten too touchy feely the day after they had sex probably wanting more and she said no and then went on to the police saying he molested her and it offends her god loving christian feminist leftist self

Thats my 2 cents anywho

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I'm curious, why do you take the side of the people he's proven to be liars, you think the world governments just want him arrested for rape charges?
, I hope not, no they want him taken out, dead or locked up for good, and with him the truth....

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
This is just hitting at the heart of the right, it strikes to the very foundation of corruption and debase mental issues. I think this is a set up so that when they do get a hold of him there will be no other public outcry than hang him high.

This could be the set up against anyone, you for reading and visiting a CT website and participating as a member. Who will stand up for you or come to your aid when you are accused? The answer is nobody because they will not want to associated with you for fear they will be indicted too.

It is the same mentality who sets people up under these sexual offenses that steal children from their beds and sell people into the black markets.

Forgive me if I am wrong but things are getting out of control, after all what has been leaked that has not been discussed on open forums and suspected all along?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Sounds like someone is scared of the upcoming cables..bank leaks? Since they issued this arrest it looks like someone is very paranoid and maybe we should really take a look at what Julian has up his sleeve.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Oldest trick in the book.

Honey trap...

That's my opinion. And if it were any of you guys releasing this stuff, you'd all be alleged rapists..

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by blacklist

Not that the accusation of rape isn`t serious ..... it most certainly is but .....

interpol

...... come on !

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I'll take the other side...this came out 6 months ago and he's now being actively searched for? Rape is rape, no matter what Whoopi says, and if he has been accused he must have a trial...........but if you wanna say it's for the leaks go ahead. If they wanted him dead, it would have happened already, he's not the only one leaking anything or with the info being leaked, he's just the most recognizable. If he's a rapist, he deserves to go to jail......call it a smear or whatever you want, people seem to do that when it is their guy in trouble. I'm not naive enough to thing set ups don't happen...however this is old news, it's just catching up to him.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Ok has anybody thought of this? Hows he going to get to equador, or is he going to face the charges? If he runs to equador, what will that tell the majority of the world? What if equador turn on him later? Sounds like a double whammy set up. He might be arrogant and confident, but if it was me, I would be squeezing bricks out.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Killing him would have raised more suspicions than charging him with rape. It's a ploy. Destroy his character, destroy his reputation. If someone's character is tarnished, are you likely to associate with that person or his cause? If Assange was killed, it would have made him something of a martyr which can only serve to further the suspicions and theories.

If it was any other person at any other time I would be in the same boat as you are. But this is just too convenient.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
If they kill him, it's an obvious assassination of a man with credible information that smears several countries, especially the United States.
It is easier to pin something from the "past" and make it look less obvious and use these criminal charges as a way to hush him away and later on he will simply disappear in prison...

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
As wierd as this whole thing is, I'm still thinking he's a rapist and it was just a coincidence that this came out now. His character doesn't seem all that good anyways, I guess we'll never know.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Since when did Interpol get involved in minor rape claims??
Yes minor is right as the girl already admitted to consensual sex first, she was not held or injured..

And anyways, the last time I heard they supposidly couldn't find him, he was doing a TV interview.
So he wasn't really hiding...
edit on 30-11-2010 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join