It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs New York City RAW video footage 2010 (HD) In CBS News

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
So if it has been a weather balloon, why has no one proved it so far?
This is New York and I guess ANYONE must know that weather balloons have been into the air and at this position at the time of the sighting... the New York UFO sighting became very popular, many people know about it, but really no one has PROVEN that there were weather balloons around at this position and time.
Of course no one has proven that's is an AFO, no one can know what it was, until it's a PROVEN balloon or other "human" flying object.
And that video is the best footage of the New York case...
edit on 1-12-2010 by ZaphBot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

You're right, its not any of those ridiculous things you sarcastically mentioned.

Its a kite

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Hi all, I watched the vid and to be honest, I'm stumped. They do look like balloons at first but there's no reason (that I can think of) why they would seperate and spread out in the way they do later in the film.

Seems they'll remain unidentified haha.

I also thought I'd point out that the other to objects that "appear" towards the end, are in fact visible at the start...

Here's a screen shot I took in the first few seconds of the film:-

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d684aa9a6413.jpg[/atsimg]

It was taken at around the 10 second mark, as the camera man zooms in. See for yourself

Kyle

EDIT: Rats, pic messed up. The writing in the top right says "The 3 objects mainly focused on."
edit on 1-12-2010 by kai22 because: To right a wrong

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
If they are balloons where is the light coming from?
The objects appear to be quite far away, so in order to see the lights at a distance they would have to be fairly bright, especially in daylight. Lights this bright would require a significant energy source, any batteries or fuel that would be significant enough to power these bright lights for at least eight minutes would certainly weight down the balloon enough to sink it.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Hi There, I took a look at the part you were talking about but to be fair I think it might just be an illusion caused by the cameraman zooming in again.

Sorry to burst your balloon... i mean.... bubble

Kyle

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHammondStoat
It would be helpful if we knew what happened to the objects. Did they zoom off (unlike balloons), or slowly drift away, (in the manner of balloons), or appear to disappear (like bursting balloons) . This seems to be an essential element left out of so many UFO news reports.

Without this information the sceptic in me would say that they're balloons lit by the sun (that you can see the direction of when the camera person zooms out), they were tethered together, then at around 4.51 the string breaks. What appears to be 'orbs' appearing out of no where can be explained by the objects being brought into focus by the camera.

The believer in me says that the string tethering the 'balloons' sure seems to stretch alot at 4.51 before 'breaking'!

Without witness reports of what happened after they stopped filming, I don't think I can decide either way for sure.

These are all great questions, but like all the footage that day and almost every video of UFO's they never leave nor do they just show up like the classic UFO fashion. Like when i seen a UFO it stopped on a dime and changed direction at such a speed that would turn a human body in to stew from the G forces.

And with these videos today, when every tom dick and hank has a cell phone cam or digital cam we get the same results. Never close enough or focused enough to determine clearly what it is exactly yet far enough and out of focus to where people will actually buy it as some ET artifact.

Nope, no saucers no cigars no triangles but all we get is "orbs" and "plasma critters" and they are everywhere people

edit on 1-12-2010 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
I dont think that is balloons as they dont seem to move independently , they appear to stay within the same plane relative to each other , as if its a solid object or 3 objects held in the same plane

in free_spirits close up vid.

yes, what i saw was, they weren't tied together with string but more like having

a rigid connection and were tumbling.

now how that stretched out later, i don't know.

just commenting on behavior.

thought they were balloons the first time i watched.

nice vid.

edit on 1-12-2010 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

Yep the 'orbs' are every where these days. Like you, I saw two UFO's that moved in all manner of directions and speeds, hanging silently at times, then one moved off slowly at first gathering speed and the other followed over the horizon.

If I'd filmed them (it was at night and I believe they appeared as 'orbs' just because the light on the unseen craft was what showed up), they probably would have just appeared to be the usual inconclusive 'orbs' or lights in a dark sky with no frame of reference. With testimony from multiple witnesses who saw their behaviour however, any footage would be more compelling. Without witness reports footage like this can only be speculated upon.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
1/ it looks to me this forms a triangle floating in all directions but remaining a triangle
2/ where are the other orbs then coming out of ?
3/ if it were balloons I do not understand why, if they are bounded together, there could be 2 of them up and 1 down ?? balloons always get straight up in the air, not 2 of them up and the third down far below the others ...
4/ they always moving together, same pattern, not in a erratic way ...

edit on 1-12-2010 by Sunlionspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Sorry, all I see is balloons.
The way this video was introduced I was expecting to see something quite impressive. This was disappointing, and very similar to the dozens of "orb" videos on the net.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

don't think we would see too many unidentified objects over New York without military attention...good catch though!

Oh i don't know..i can think of at least two rather large objects in the sky that got ZERO military attention on 9/11.

Looking at these ufo's though, they DO look like balloons tied together at first, but then they don't move in the wind like balloons would..so this is a genuine UFO sightings...what the UFO turns out to be is another story though.

edit on 1/12/2010 by spikey because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DisturbedToo

TRYING HARD? are u sure u did?

did u ever see balloons move in a different way when they fly in a group? Did u ever see that they can make a formation for a long time? did u ever see that?

u were not trying hard enough...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Look at tape time :32. The bottom one kind of vanishes then returns. I'd say ballons but if they are balloons then why are all of them white?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by neonitus

this is the time where i just think people are not able to observe reality and just look through their filters of skepticism .....look at 3.06.... make an experiment with balloons tie them together or (if u think they are not ) dont and let them move the same way..i give u 300 dollars if u are able to do that.......

balloons would not behave the same ..they could not slow down and speed up...and tied together? ah and then when they move far away from each other in perfect formation ..the strings are gone?

COME ON!! how far do u go to fit reality in ur scheme

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Ignoring that these objects might be balloons, toward the end, the way the objects were positioned made me think that there was some sort of message being displayed in the sky. Maybe the objects were displaying a grouping of stars or outlining a symbol or character in the sky (maybe Arabic).

I saw a video similar to this one on youtube that was filmed in Mexico years ago, where there were a bunch of similar objects floating and shifting in the sky. And this video was edited in such a way that the person who posted it found that some of the objects were making symbols and characters in the sky that he or she saw to be in Arabic.

edit on 1-12-2010 by arbitrarygeneraiist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
if there would be strings , the fastest balloon would pull the other balloons so that u could see one moving and the other reacting in a direct way to that movement (would normally just move in a more circular way) ..this is not happening here..watch 3.06.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Didn't watch the video in it's entirety. At first I was sure it was ballons, but I forwarded the video, and well, I'm not so sure it's ballons. Unidentified that's for sure. S+F

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
The "13th" of 8ctober.
Understood.
nxxxxxt.....
edit on 48am15063112631201012 by Perseus Apex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Maybe those balloons are meant to be used as a beacon to guide all those invisible ufo's around ? Maybe there is a UFO hiding behind the balloons?

Originally posted by Perseus Apex
The "13th" of 8ctober.
Understood.
nxxxxxt....

I was busy doing my hair that day, must have went over my head

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Good catch OP. Excellent video. I for one do not believe they are balloons. The amount of people saying it's balloons like its a fact is quite impressive. They don't even give themselves the benefit of the doubt, almost like they're afraid of saying its a UFO, which it actually is in a literal sense, and being labeled a crazy. They don't want to be the coo-coos who believed something without the "proof." Anyhow, I don't claim to know what they are, but I for damn sure know it is not balloons. I have never seen balloons act in such a way and remain stationary. One would expect more balloons and more sightings of such occurrences more often, if that was indeed the case. It is interesting to note the behavior of the so called "balloons", though. In the beginning, its almost like they're innocently playing with each other,and after some time, they spread apart and remain is a sort of triangular formation. What kind of balloons control their behavior in such a manner, that in one second they're just playing and in the next hovering in a triangular formation? Not any i've seen.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join