It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google & YouTube Ban Alex Jones

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
Alex Jones is a good man who does more good than harm.

That is not something I can say about 99.9% of the political commentators in the media.

Then why did he block me for putting forward my knowledge about the flagging system, in a polite manner?

Why hasn't he pulled the video after being made aware his claims are incorrect.

Why, why why? Because he's a shill, is why. He's purposely lying to his followers about an imaginary Youtube and Google conspiracy against him. And because you respect what he usually says, you're willing to back him when he's proven to be a liar.

I ask you, send him a message explaining the Youtube flagging system and Google ranking system, he will block you. This is not a mistake on his part, he's being consciouslly deceitful.

Where I'm from, good men don't lie to people. Especially those who take him at his word in good faith.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tholidor
It's really telling that all the AJ haters seem to have their own agendas. Relying on YT'er "LiquidMetal Band" is just another example of not doing your "due diligence" with regard to sources.

This "contributor" has been responsible for hacks on AJ's servers (as documented here on ATS) - and no I won;t link to the article, because somebody has to motivate you mindless trolls to actually do some research instead of just jumping on the hate bandwagon at every opportunity.

This thread just shows the depths to which some keyboard warriors will stoop to promote themselves. Well, get used to the fact that those of us who CAN think know you for what and who you are. EPIC FAIL!!!!
edit on 30-11-2010 by Tholidor because: (no reason given)

This thread if anything shows Jones followers are willing to Ad-Hom' people who disagree with them. You're being awfully rude and confrontational. This forum has rules on manners and decorum.

Those of us who use Youtube know that if a video is flagged enough times it will be pulled. It could be a video about anything, literally. There is no conspiracy by Youtube. Youtube is not out to get him, Google is not out to get him. If you increased your Keyboard-Warrior ability you may come to an understanding of how these websites operate.

I'm an internet marketer. Google traffic is my main source of income. If you'd like I'll explain SEO and why Jones websites aren't always at the top of Google every single second of the day. Every claim he's made pertaining to Google keywords and rankings are bunk. The Internet Marketing world finds him especially humorous.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

Everyday the mainstream press continues to spew lies about global warming.

Everyday the mainstream press continues to spew lies about terrorism.

The list of lies spewed forth by the mainstream press is endless.

Yet you chose to get worked up over inconsequential stuff that Alex Jones has exaggerated.

We all know he is a shock jock, that's what he does for a living.

At least Alex isn't a perpetual liar like CBS News or MSNBC.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Alex is selling cancer cures. Call to get yours today! Only $7 a minute!

Alex is great at getting people PO at 911 truthers. The man has no Class. Goes around with his bullhorn interrupting peoples speeches.
How would he like it if at his next speech a moron with a bullhorn started shouting "Alex Jones is a inside job"?
This man has done nothing but make truthers look like tin foil hat wearing crazies.

William Cooper's Expose' On Alex Jones Y2K
www.youtube.com...

Jack Blood exposes Alex Jones
www.youtube.com...

edit on 30-11-2010 by CatfishBob because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I'm selling titanium ball protectors if you're interested...special ATS price

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I hear people bad mouth Alex Jones all the time, for years now.

Every accusation I have heard others make, turns out to be either pointless, or untrue.

Every time I randomly listen in on a new Alex Jones broadcast, I hear him actually talking about relevant issues and coming up with really good theories that surprisingly mirror my own theories very closely.

I haven't seen or heard Alex say anything that made me think he was lying. Most of what he says is either speculation, or a fact which he will list his sources for.

Point is, although I don't usually listen to Alex, when I do, hes on the $$$.

So I have always liked Alex Jones, and people totally just make up stuff to try to discredit him. But smart people can take every situation and think about it one at a time. And if you do that, you will find Alex is actually fairly accurate.

No one's perfect, he's wrong every once in awhile. Also, he is pretty obnoxious often times. I don't mind someone being overbearing though. That's just his personality.

Alex is cool though, I see him admit he is wrong often and make corrections about past inaccuracies he may have claimed. Corrections are a good thing.

Point is, for many years now, I have heard hundreds of claims like "Alex is CIA", "Alex works for the Vatican" etc etc, and none of these have been proven at all. And by listening to Alex you will realize those claims just don't make that much sense. It may be true but if it is, he is a high quality actor, and very clever too at that.

Also in the same vein, I want to say I like David Icke too. People make fun of him and talk bad on him constantly all over the place. But once you actually sit down and LISTEN to Icke or Jones, you will realize these two guys are actually RIGHT about the majority of what they are talking about.

I have never seen Icke or Jones say anything stupid. That's the point.

I've been in this for years and watched closely. I kept up with everything.
I have never seen either of those two guys screw up yet. They are pros.

And don't call me a fanboy. I rarely watch or listen to them. But when I do, they tend to agree with the conspiracy theories I have come up with on my own. Example "Wikileaks is a controlled Pentagon operation", things like that.

Alex Jones commentary on Foundation X was really really good. He had some great guests on to discuss it. They even pointed their fingers at the Vatican. I was cheering.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Remember when the "Swine Flu" scare hit the MSM and ATS?

Alex Jones had an 'emergency show' that day to discuss it.

He said it was all BS and faked. He went digging and brought forth sources whom claimed that the virus was created in a laboratory by the industry in the first place.

He said that the Swine Flu was devised to freak everyone out, and that we should REMAIN CALM and think things through without going crazy and going on a spending spree.

Alex Jones told people to stay calm, while the MSM wanted us to run around like headless chickens.

That was the day the Swine Flu story broke big.

Little things like that, keep me giving Alex another chance. He said the right things, and hindsight shows he played his cards very well. It's not an isolated incident either.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia
This thread if anything shows Jones followers are willing to Ad-Hom' people who disagree with them. You're being awfully rude and confrontational. This forum has rules on manners and decorum.

While the noobs class themselves as either "followers" or "haters" or whatever labels you put on yourselves, I'll go down for the record and say I am none of those.

I am just a random dude who likes to think about, talk about, and look up random stuff.
It's all random to me!

And I only follow one person, ME. I am a Muzzleflash follower. That is the only acceptable label I suppose.

I have reviewed the claims against Alex Jones, and there is a lack of EVIDENCE to prove any of them. And often times many of them are completely hypothetical.

If you want to Discredit someone, you need hard evidence. Character assassination is weak when only rumors and baseless accusations are used to fuel it.

Get some evidence, and post it here or U2U it to me.

Until the hard incontrovertible evidence is provided, I consider the attacks against Alex just personality conflicts and has nothing to do with actual data/information provided or discussed by him.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Everyday the mainstream press continues to spew lies about global warming.

Everyday the mainstream press continues to spew lies about terrorism.

The list of lies spewed forth by the mainstream press is endless.

Yet you chose to get worked up over inconsequential stuff that Alex Jones has exaggerated.

We all know he is a shock jock, that's what he does for a living.

I choose to get worked up because of the blatant hypocrisy. The difference between you and I is this; I'm outraged when both the MSM and shills like Jones lie. You seem to be absolutely fine with Jones lying to his fans, and take it as par for the course. And in the same breath, you slam the MSM for doing exactly what Jones does.

That seems to be the argument from many a Jones fan when they're caught in a lie. "Well they do it!"... Well I'm not they. 'They' doesn't concern me.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

While the noobs class themselves as either "followers" or "haters" or whatever labels you put on yourselves, I'll go down for the record and say I am none of those.

I am just a random dude who likes to think about, talk about, and look up random stuff.
It's all random to me!

And I only follow one person, ME. I am a Muzzleflash follower. That is the only acceptable label I suppose.

I have reviewed the claims against Alex Jones, and there is a lack of EVIDENCE to prove any of them. And often times many of them are completely hypothetical.

If you want to Discredit someone, you need hard evidence. Character assassination is weak when only rumors and baseless accusations are used to fuel it.

Get some evidence, and post it here or U2U it to me.

Until the hard incontrovertible evidence is provided, I consider the attacks against Alex just personality conflicts and has nothing to do with actual data/information provided or discussed by him.

I don't consider myself a 'follower' or a 'hater'. So lets cut that out.

Moving on, If you are going to question what's being said, do it properly. Don't use empty rhetoric and leave me non the wiser to what you're in disagreement with. If there's a claim I've made that you're not in a position to 'get', let me know, specifically, and I'll explain it.

You need the hard evidence. I don't need evidence to deny a claim that has no evidence in the first place. The onus is on you to prove Youtube and Google are out to get Alex Jones. So far neither Alex or yourself have put forth any evidence of these claims. The burden of proof is with you to prove it, not me to disprove it.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   

If you don't like him, that's your business.

If google and youtube ban him, that's their business.

However, google and youtube's actions in this matter should concern you given their ridiculous amount of power to control information flow on the web.

Obviously this matter doesn't bother you at all.

I'm not sure why you are in here bashing alex jones. You must have some reason. I don't go around bashing Mike Malloy or Al Franken or any of the other communists that fill the airwaves with drivel. So I have a hard time understanding why you feel the need to fill this thread with hate for Alex.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   

If you don't like him, that's your business.

If google and youtube ban him, that's their business.

However, google and youtube's actions in this matter should concern you given their ridiculous amount of power to control information flow on the web.

Obviously this matter doesn't bother you at all.

I'm not sure why you are in here bashing alex jones. You must have some reason. I don't go around bashing Mike Malloy or Al Franken or any of the other communists that fill the airwaves with drivel. So I have a hard time understanding why you feel the need to fill this thread with hate for Alex.

But Google and Youtube haven't banned him. Infact, they've consciously done nothing to him!

You have no understanding how how Youtube or Google works and are concluding, out of ignorance, that there's a conspiracy against Jones.

Jones video was flagged, Jones video was removed. That's what happens when you use footage you don't own the rights to. It happens to me. Is there a Youtube and Google conspiracy against my Rugby videos?

You or Alex have provided 0 proof for your claims. Jones is lying, consciously, and you're believing him despite his claims being fallacious.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
This is the latest update:

"UPDATE (Please read below): UPDATED DEC. 1, 2010 2:20 PM CST — You Tube issued TheAlexJonesChannel a notice reversing its PREVIOUS DECISION to freeze the account. In the newest contact, You Tube writes that "Upon additional review we have reinstated the material and removed any penalties that had been applied to your account."

Only two days ago, YouTube responded to our counter-notification challenging the removal of a Wikileaks massacre video posted by literally hundreds of other media outlets by ruling to freeze our account. Now, thanks to outrage from our listeners and articles slamming the unfair ruling, You Tube has taken the rare and nearly unprecedented step of taking a second look, restoring the video and removing all penalties. Credit goes to You Tube for listening to our criticism.

Ironically, though, even this reversal contains its own spin. Below the decision [see full letter below] is a message recommending that we "appeal the strike" in any future incidents we feel are unjust. However, this appeal process, known as a "DMCA counter-notification" is the exact venue we used to challenge the video's original removal. It was when we DID appeal that You Tube ruled to freeze our account; the removal of the video itself was only a strike that would not have closed or frozen our account."

This update can be seen here by clicking on the downward pointing arrows just below the video window:

www.youtube.com...

edit on 2-12-2010 by Aelfrede because: added extra information

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aelfrede

"UPDATE (Please read below): UPDATED DEC. 1, 2010 2:20 PM CST — You Tube issued TheAlexJonesChannel a notice reversing its PREVIOUS DECISION to freeze the account. In the newest contact, You Tube writes that "Upon additional review we have reinstated the material and removed any penalties that had been applied to your account."

Only two days ago, YouTube responded to our counter-notification challenging the removal of a Wikileaks massacre video posted by literally hundreds of other media outlets by ruling to freeze our account. Now, thanks to outrage from our listeners and articles slamming the unfair ruling, You Tube has taken the rare and nearly unprecedented step of taking a second look, restoring the video and removing all penalties. Credit goes to You Tube for listening to our criticism.

Ironically, though, even this reversal contains its own spin. Below the decision [see full letter below] is a message recommending that we "appeal the strike" in any future incidents we feel are unjust. However, this appeal process, known as a "DMCA counter-notification" is the exact venue we used to challenge the video's original removal. It was when we DID appeal that You Tube ruled to freeze our account; the removal of the video itself was only a strike that would not have closed or frozen our account."

This update can be seen here by clicking on the downward pointing arrows just below the video window:

www.youtube.com...

NONSENSE. "You Tube has taken the rare and nearly unprecedented step of taking a second look, restoring the video and removing all penalties. Credit goes to You Tube for listening to our criticism."

That's the biggest load of hogwash I've ever heard. Again, Jones is deceiving people who don't understand how Youtube works.

I've had hundreds of videos unblocked, by contesting the copyright claim. It's not unprecedented. Jones talks so much rubbish. I cannot believe people go with him on these claims. They're so fallacious and moronic that only someone who's never had a Youtube account could possibly buy them.

Unpercedented, roflmfao.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aelfrede

www.youtube.com...

NONSENSE. "You Tube has taken the rare and nearly unprecedented step of taking a second look, restoring the video and removing all penalties. Credit goes to You Tube for listening to our criticism."

That's the biggest load of hogwash I've ever heard. Again, Jones is deceiving people who don't understand how Youtube works.

I've had hundreds of videos unblocked, by contesting the copyright claim. It's not unprecedented. Jones talks so much rubbish. I cannot believe people go with him on these claims. They're so fallacious and moronic that only someone who's never had a Youtube account could possibly buy them.

Unpercedented, roflmfao.

Disputed copyright claims are so common that there's many tutorials on Youtube itself, explaining the process

www.youtube.com...

Lol at Jones lies. In plain view. And still people will defend him and slander me a hater, because I posess knowledge of how Youtube works. lmfao

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The problem is stans of Jones will use this as evidence that Jones defeated Youtube, cornered them and forced them to change their totalitarian ways.

The reality is he made up an original conspiracy against him and then put in a counter claim

LMAO if he thinks somebody personally reviewed his video. What a lunatic this man is

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join