It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA's Press Conference December 2 To Reveal "Astrobiology" Finding!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Well, if it comes from nasa, then don't be to excited...

I have to say ; I am looking forward to thursday, but I will probaly be disapointed again...

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJ

It may have something to do with Rhea. Even it's it just to admit that conditions are as such as to permit life to exist there. They're going to do this disclosure thing in baby steps and that would sure be one of the prerequisite steps.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Misssmartypants, NASA is full of lies, it's all a sham. Notice they don't mention anything about "intelligent" life...

NASA TV = SATAN V !!!!!!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

As I stated previously it's my conjecture that NASA is just strictly for show and the government's real space program...the secret space agency...is far more advanced than the outdated technology that NASA is allowed to show us.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Hmm, interesting. Small step towards "hey, we are the experts of the universe. there is a nearby threat. Obama has the go-ahead for NWO army" hmmm *strokes chin*

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Hmm, interesting. Small step towards "hey, we are the experts of the universe. there is a nearby threat. Obama has the go-ahead for NWO army" hmmm *strokes chin*
reply to post by Sphoenix

Like when Wernher Von Braun said the next supposed threat will come from the extraterrestrials...implying, of course, that it would be a false flag event.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
This person attending has peaked my interest some.

Steven Benner, distinguished fellow, Foundation for Applied Molecular Evolution, Gainesville, Fla.

Some links on this guy:
Link
Wikipedia

Edit:

Completely a tin-foil hat moment but I read somewhere that in the Wikileaks dump, there's something like 1,800 documents relating to space exploration in that beast of a leak. Could this be a cause of NASA's "rush" at setting up a press conference before any information can get out?
edit on 11/29/2010 by mistafaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
For whatever it may be worth: The November 15th news conference on the Chandra discovery of a probable newly formed black hole was held at the NASA Headquarters TV studio. Thursday's news conference will be held at the NASA HQ auditorium. It strikes me that an auditorium is likely to be substantially larger than a TV studio. Could that be an indication that this astrobiology news conference is deemed of greater importance? Ross
edit on 29-11-2010 by Ross 54 because: added missing word

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
not sure about the link but .......................
source
today i read some interesting stuff about the deepest known microbial life being found over two miles under ground
in the artical it said some thing like this

this will change the conditions we expect to see life thriving in and has major implications for the search for extra terestrial life as it allows life to live in the most unhospitalable places known to man

or something like that
NOT A QUOTE

xploder

i am asuming they are going to announce that life can live almost anywhere and is expected to do so.

edit on 29-11-2010 by XPLodER because: add link to artical

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

The first study to ever explore biological activity in the deepest layer of ocean crust has found bacteria with a remarkable range of capabilities, including eating hydrocarbons and natural gas, and "fixing" or storing carbon.

source

xploder

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by MissSmartypants
reply to post by Signals

As I stated previously it's my conjecture that NASA is just strictly for show and the government's real space program...the secret space agency...is far more advanced than the outdated technology that NASA is allowed to show us.

I agree...it's interesting to ponder whether or not many of the objects people witness in our skies are actually that of a secret space program. And I have to wonder whether or not some or all of the 'objects' we see in videos such as from the 2010 UFO conference are all just mucking about as if to say 'what the heck are they doing up there?', knowing full well how advanced our technology really is. Or those objects could be us too..who knows.

I don't neccessarily trust nasa either, but I too would be happy to hear them say something about finding life, anything, even if it was a little bacteria. As others have been saying, baby steps...

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by css1981
Well, if it comes from nasa, then don't be to excited...

I have to say ; I am looking forward to thursday, but I will probaly be disapointed again...

Agreeed. Star for you.

Yhaaaaawn.
This seems The same old boring story from NASA.....

We send a new mission in 2025 to detect if these data are correct...... we need more analisys about these data... Nothing has proved yet.... we can say something by 2016.... we must develope new rovers and new devices.....

China is our last hope.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by MissSmartypants

To quote a line from one of the best films ever made Contact..

In the end, it is only through small steps that we can move forward. Small steps Ellie, Small Steps.

Disclosure has already begun, switch on your TV and look how many channels are showing Space, ET, UFO related material. Look at the films that are going to released over the next 12 months and you will see a pattern emerging. It is all about associating ET as friendly and not hostile IMHO we need to question everything as it is played out as everything is not always what it seems to be.

Since when has NASA ever been truthful to the public, they believe that they are above us because they hold the knowledge however, everything comes to an end, whether we like it or not.
edit on 30-11-2010 by franspeakfree because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Your last chance NASA: please tell something about TYCHO CRATER on The Moon or HELLAS BASIN on Mars.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   

a.k.a. you are a telemarketer
why try to church it up?
fop. firemen. veterans. i feel you.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
For those hoping for some massive news I think you really should re read the release, something that is going to impact of the search for extraterrestrial life.

So clearly they won't be providing proof of life but proof of possibility only.

Another words a dud conference aimed at funding...

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
There are some speculations already. What NASA will announce is that they have found direct evidence about kemosynthesis from Saturn moon Titan. Kemosynthesis requires bacteries so kemosynthesis indicates 100% that there is bacterial life on Titan. First scientifical and empiral evidence of extra-terrestrial life.

Kemosynthesis can be compared to fotosynthesis, instead of sunlight, kemo bacteries uses non-organic compunds and produces organic compounds. It very exiting finding and it is clear that these findings will make possibility of life very high. Titan bactery mechanism is similar to deep sea bacteries so no direct sun light needed.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   

I posted this on another thread about the same thing.

I hate to be negative, but NASA's last big news conference was completely overblown and although interesting to the astrological community, really was nothing to the average everyday man on the street.

"exceptional object in our cosmic neighborhood" was the title they used to report the conference.

It was a black hole... 50 million light years away!

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by nik1halo

I posted this on another thread about the same thing.

I hate to be negative, but NASA's last big news conference was completely overblown and although interesting to the astrological community, really was nothing to the average everyday man on the street.

"exceptional object in our cosmic neighborhood" was the title they used to report the conference.

It was a black hole... 50 million light years away!

Or maybe you are just watched too much scifi and waiting that some aliens are coming?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Just a conferance to tell us that micro-organisms can survive in extreme environs and that the Rhea moon 'may' have these simple celled lifeforms.
There will be NO definitive answer on advanced life, such as what we'd class as Aliens or EBE's.so please don't get your hopes up from Never A Straight Answer.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join