It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I experienced a "classic" UFO sighting: Nov. 28, 2010

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo
reply to post by TheFlagHunter

Seriously, the owner needs flags? Really?

And you have actually proved my point rather well. - And I thank you for it.

Many people would see a post from a moderator, or site owner and just take it as gospel. If a site owner is smart - he can deceive extremely well by receiving a large amount of S&Fs so therefore it doubles the effect of a perceived "reliable information source".

This thread is all about star and flag gathering. Just as we have an enormous volume of people posting "breaking news stories" - all in the search for extra flags and stars.

You're just another sucker that bought it. Don't take it out on me. - I am only confronting the OP - who has all of a sudden gone silent and got his minions on me.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by CHRLZ

i just love it when somebody who has zero knowledge of the sighting other than the witnesses recollections tries to assess what that person was seeing.

it will go like this, you were hallucinating, you were mistaken, you were tired, you saw something else, you were confused, and i can tell you it was .............. because it is more logical even though i have no first hand experience of seeing what you saw.

but it should be interesting.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheFlagHunter
Is it SO hard to believe that someone could be just chasing flags and stars?

As flags/stars matter not to the person who created the system and rarely posts new threads, your theory is invalidated.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Is it SO hard to believe that someone could be just chasing flags and stars?

As flags/stars matter not to the person who created the system and rarely posts new threads, your theory is invalidated.

Oh this just gets better and better. YOU created the flag system??

The plot thickens. You created a system whereby, members can effectively have a rating system for other members views and opinions. You created a system that, and don't deny it, that can be abused - as we all know about the "breaking news" flag seeking posters. You know the ones - the guys who don't check the site to see if a news story has been posted and try to be the first to post a major event thus getting tons of stars and flags.

If I check through your post history Mr Overlord - will I find countless breaking news threads started by you?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Jeez!!!

Give it a rest. ONE more post, and you can [edit in]....(insert...formatting....checking space availability....word ready.....post "start"....over and out.....[end edit] your own rant thread.

Here, reply to this one, and BINGO!! Success!

(Or, put it in "breaking news". AND, really....only people who care about "stars" or "flags"? Well....they need more fulfillment in their lives, it seems. Same with obsessions over same people.....).

NOW...UFO sightings? THAT sounds intriguing. Even if it's a mistaken identity situation, still worthy of a listen, and study to determine some facts, settle perhaps even.....
edit on 3 December 2010 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Many people would see a post from a moderator, or site owner and just take it as gospel.
That statment is very indicative (pun and double entendre intended) of your complete newbeness. You need to go do some reading before you start blithering on like an idiot (I did not call you an idiot)But your lack of historical framework of ATS and how it works, is making you look quite foolish.

If a site owner is smart
let me guess...you have a better website....no?? really??

- he can deceive extremely well by receiving a large amount of S&Fs so therefore it doubles the effect of a perceived "reliable information source".
Wow...you fail to grasp the FACT that the site owner could just give himself all the stars and flags he wanted...at the push of a button??
The perception of his integrity stands on every word in his nearly 26,000 posts here.

This thread is all about star and flag gathering. Just as we have an enormous volume of people posting "breaking news stories" - all in the search for extra flags and stars.

Again, they mean nothing to a guy who could give himself 6 trillion of both...instantly...It is his website...get it yet??

You're just another sucker that bought it.
charming rhetoric wins them over to your way of thinking every time

Don't take it out on me. - I am only confronting the OP - who has all of a sudden gone silent and got his minions on me.

Who has directly asked you several times to show reasonable proof (other than ad-hominum verbage) that he was lying.

Now...Put up...or shut up!
edit on 3-12-2010 by Zeptepi because: fix tags

edit on 3-12-2010 by Zeptepi because: grammer made me

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I'll star your post. And yeah - I might start my own thread - on ATS site owner dis-info - which is what this thread is.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Thank you !

Bringing this back on topic hopefully !

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeptepi

LOL!

Holy crap. That one made me laugh. There is NO WAY he can give himself "6 trillion" stars and flags.

Go ahead Mr Overlord. Give yourself all the flags under the sun - let's see if this is true. Which it is not. It is only a very hollow argument that the site owner wouldn't flag and star hunt. Just because he is the owner - does not make him a hacker.

Go on Overlord - give yourself say, 65,000 flags - then I'll shut up and go away! In fact, I'll actually delete my account if he magically gives himself 65,000 flags. That's how sure I am, that he cannot do this.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

Seriously, the owner needs flags? Really?

And you have actually proved my point rather well. - And I thank you for it.

Many people would see a post from a moderator, or site owner and just take it as gospel. If a site owner is smart - he can deceive extremely well by receiving a large amount of S&Fs so therefore it doubles the effect of a perceived "reliable information source".

You're just another sucker that bought it. Don't take it out on me. - I am only confronting the OP - who has all of a sudden gone silent and got his minions on me.

If you can manage to filter through my post to you and find I have substantiated your claims somehow, then you're more delusional than I suspected. Conversing with you in real life must be downright annoying for anyone.
In a face-to-face meeting with you and someone told you the had an extraordinary event happen to them, would you just blurt out they were a liar if it was hard for you to believe? Kids do that.

You are right on one account. I am a sucker. I let myself get sucked into an exchange with you. In reality, after 5 minutes of meeting you, I probably would forget your name. Sorry that sounds harsh and I don't mean to hurt your feelings but calling people liars based on nothing is really quite annoying.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

I must have hit a nerve there if you actually resorted to petty insults. Please don't reply to me again if you have nothing constructive to say. Have a nice day.

EDIT: And judging by your true patriotism to the site owners cause, fighting his corner & getting personal etc - I might actually believe you are possibly a SkepticOverlord sock puppet. What did you do? Log on to two computers did you Mr Overlord? Insult someone from another account?
edit on 3-12-2010 by TheFlagHunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by christianUFOilluminati

The video's description of how the object/s moved makes it difficult to think "meteor", that is for sure.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Overlord,

Perhaps you missed my question to you back on page 15
Page 15

I'm curious about how this sighting may have affected your overall outlook. A few years back on ATS I was having a debate about how to get this topic to be taken more seriously. My opinion is not to hold UFO conventions for people who already believe, but rather to convince the skeptic. The battle is not to convince the already convinced, but to deploy our efforts into those who need convincing.

What is your opinion?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

reply to post by FlySolo

I must have hit a nerve there if you actually resorted to petty insults. Please don't reply to me again if you have nothing constructive to say. Have a nice day.

EDIT: And judging by your true patriotism to the site owners cause, fighting his corner & getting personal etc - I might actually believe you are possibly a SkepticOverlord sock puppet. What did you do? Log on to two computers did you Mr Overlord? Insult someone from another account?
edit on 3-12-2010 by TheFlagHunter because: (no reason given)

As long as you are here trying to create a case for yourself, and me being a hostage in your drama while I view this thread, I will speak my mind.

But honestly, I don't feel the need to say anymore to you anyway. You're a waste of my energy.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

reply to post by Zeptepi

LOL!

Holy crap. That one made me laugh. There is NO WAY he can give himself "6 trillion" stars and flags.

Go ahead Mr Overlord. Give yourself all the flags under the sun - let's see if this is true. Which it is not. It is only a very hollow argument that the site owner wouldn't flag and star hunt. Just because he is the owner - does not make him a hacker.

Go on Overlord - give yourself say, 65,000 flags - then I'll shut up and go away! In fact, I'll actually delete my account if he magically gives himself 65,000 flags. That's how sure I am, that he cannot do this.

Hey Zeptepi - I don't see 65,000 flags in SkepticOverlords account yet? What happened? I thought he could do this by the touch of a button?? Looks like I don't need to delete my account. I'll stick around for a bit longer then. Hey nice try though - your imagination is almost as good as the OPs.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

In fact, I'll actually delete my account

Now THAT makes me laugh!
You forgot to read your terms and conditions.

YOU can't delete your account sparky.

Go on....try it...

Go ahead...do it try and delete your acount.

YOU CAN'T!

funny ...ain't it? ha ha ha ha

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Holy crap. First, there's the rabbi who's been here less than a week and who wants to be an admin/mod on ATS, then there's a guy called TheFlagHunter naively projecting his own obsession with flags onto the dude who built the flag system. What is this? A babe-in-the-woods convention?

On topic, the creepy thing I found about this thread was the "welcome to our side" comments. It made me think of a religious cult welcoming a recalcitrant member into the fold in one of those corny horror movies from the 70's.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Despite the fact that the list of unanswered questions seems to be growing, I shall proceed (for a while, anyway)..

Firstly, I'd like to simply post a Stellarium screenshot showing the scene as it would have appeared from Phoenix, late evening, 2010/11/28. There is no easy way to match a naked eye view - I've chosen a ~65° field of view to show both North and East, and to include enough other stars to help readers examine this area of sky for themselves. If you live anywhere in mainland USA, you will see roughly this scene at this time of year at the same time of night - put your woollies on and go check! I have included labels (N & E compass points, stars and constellations) for 'clarity', although it does clutter things a little. I'll post some 'cleaner' images later.

I shall pause here and wait on S.O. to verify that it matches the scene (and maybe answer the questions I have posed). I haven't been precise with the time, so it may be a little off... I'm happy to adjust and redo it, if it will help to better illustrate anything that occurred during the 'event'.

BTW, constructive comments from interested readers (and hopefully better scientists, astronomers and analysts than me
) are most welcome!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zeptepi

In fact, I'll actually delete my account

Now THAT makes me laugh!
You forgot to read your terms and conditions.

YOU can't delete your account sparky.

Go on....try it...

Go ahead...do it try and delete your acount.

YOU CAN'T!

funny ...ain't it? ha ha ha ha

Come on Mr Smart guy - is that the best comment you have? I expected better, honestly, I did. - OK then, instead of "delete" I'll just not sign in again, and cease posting - how's that? - That's because I know you just made the whole story up that, "The owner can give himself 6 trillion stars" ha ha - you fooled a lot of people into giving you stars for that comment - because they themselves naively believed what you say is true - and I have thus proved that you, too, are a liar.

Come on, don't just make things up to suit your argument. "He can give himself 6 trillion stars" LOL - I only asked for 65,000 surely that should be easy? Oh yeah.. wait. The OP hasn't done it yet, because HE CANT.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by starless and bible black
Hi skeptic, nice that you saw a ufo. I read that you are still a skeptic, that you don't see why 'they' would cross the universe etc for something as trivial as observing life on earth. But perhaps they can use faster means of travel than what we are used to describing. In quantum theory, interactions are faster than light, instantaneous, in fact, never mind how far away. This, to me, works in man's favor, as concerns 'God', and means that there's no way out for the chertoff's, , chimps, obama's, and other masterminds of enslavement and conspiracy. I don't intend to wait and see. Life is gone in the wink of an eye. Nothing can escape.

The issue of being 'too far away' to travel is a non-issue and has been covered before by other posters here. It's simply from our current perspective that it would be too far to travel for US.

It would certainly not be too far to travel for-
1. Already established civlisations/life forms that have spread through the galaxy millions/billions of years ago
2. Immortal beings/AI entities
3. Civilisations with close to light speed or superluminal technology
4. Civilisations/creatures that evolved in our back yard.
5. Civilisations with 'multiverse' capaiblity

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join