It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasons Goal is to Free humanity

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by WashingtonGrewHemp
JFK explicitly says in the speech "we as a nation are opposed to secret societies" but you think he meant something different...

Then why did he join, support and was continually recognized by one?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Maybe he did what he had to do because he was driven by ambition. Unfortunately we never got to ask him, because they killed him. Grassy knoll. Witnesses uninvited to the Warren Commission. If you ask me, Masons need to be factored in somewhere into the conspiracy.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Maybe he did what he had to do because he was driven by ambition.

Or maybe he enjoyed the fellowship and fraternity. Regardless, he was a member so that either makes him a hypocrite for what you allege that he said in his speech, and therefore not a very reliable person to quote, or maybe it really was about the press.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I personally have known many Masons and am friends with 1 right now.

Their goal is NOT to "free" humanity. They are a group to protect each other to further their selves by obtaining as much $$$$ as possible...for THEMSELVES.

Colin Powell is likely a Mason and he uses his military retirement check we pay him.....to hire illegal aliens to work on his home....NOT Americans.

They are for THEMSELVES. Humanity is their slaves.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Thank you, this is what I meant to say. I agree 100%. They claim they want to help society, but they really are helping themselves. Bunch of elitists.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I am a proud brother out of work, dont collect anything from the government.I have no spouse or roomate so no current income despite my efforts to get work.. I am poor. But an active member of my lodge. Where are my riches and profits from others? Lodges dont have the money that many non members think. Maybe 40 year ago, but not now. Point is, we arent all rich, and most cant afford to help another brother. Modern reality.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by scooterstrats

In fact, in a few days i wont even be able to view this site as my 'net, phone, and cable TV will be shut off for lack of cash.But i will be back ! may take a couple months (God willing), but I'll see you then !

But the hugely wealthy masonic cabal wont pay to keep me here (nor buy me food or pay rent or utilities). So, so much for that !

edit on 12/1/10 by scooterstrats because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
9 classes of Master's emblems are ruled under "Nine division of Mason"

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
I personally have known many Masons and am friends with 1 right now.

Their goal is NOT to "free" humanity. They are a group to protect each other to further their selves by obtaining as much $$$$ as possible...for THEMSELVES.

Colin Powell is likely a Mason and he uses his military retirement check we pay him.....to hire illegal aliens to work on his home....NOT Americans.

They are for THEMSELVES. Humanity is their slaves.

you must be a hell of a friend sir.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by WashingtonGrewHemp

I believe you misunderstood what I said.

reply to post by Arcot

Right. The Freemasons are the first people I would trust. A group of people who have secret meetings constantly. They're like a mafia.

This thread is unusually pro-Freemason.

Either that or I don't get a joke.

Originally posted by W3RLIED2

Its my hope that you would trust Freemasons... I say that only because the man in your avatar was on of the greatest Masons to have graced the face of this planet.

I did not say you have to trust Freemasons, I didn't even imply that you should! I simply said it's my hope that you would do to your apparent connection with a man WHO IS FREEMASON THE GUY. Oh and by the way, he did grow hemp, so did many other Masons back in that period of time becasue it was not yet illigal!

He also founded our country and led thousands of men on the field of battle to save them from starvation and persecution by a corrupt monarchy. But your right.... he was an elitist.

Thank you, this is what I meant to say. I agree 100%. They claim they want to help society, but they really are helping themselves. Bunch of elitists.

Look these up for me and than re think your last statement please.

Shriners Foundation Children's Hospital

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

For those who still are not sure what FM is about, I invite you to look here:

www.thesanctumsanctorum.com...
edit on 1/12/2010 by TheLoneArcher because: Text removed

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

That's funny.

Since I joined my lodge we have given nearly $400,000 to local charities for seniors. So much for making money.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I do believe in personal liberty, and I do respect the founding fathers, even though they may have been elitist to some degree, so I believe it is your right to choose to be a mason, I'm not trying to ruin you guys or anything. I realize that there are probably righteous Masons, and to attack them all would be to attack my own family on my Mother's side to be honest.

Coincidentally, we no longer speak to my Mother's side of the family over a religious dispute. Basically, they don't like us because we're not Catholic, and I know masons are typically Protestant, but my uncles all married into Catholic families. I guess there's a personal connection that I feel has jaded my sense of the club, even though it is unrelated. I realize it's more about the fraternity and bonding, and just having something to do where you can socialize. I'm a little put off by the fact that you have to believe in the Judeo-Christian God in order to be a regular Mason, but you know, at this point I'm actually sorry that I was hostile in the earlier part of this thread, as I see that many people in ATS are Masons. And since I generally appreciate people on ATS looking for the real scoop, as I am, I apologize. Obviously you are a hard-working individual who cares about stuff.

My bad earlier.
edit on 1-12-2010 by WashingtonGrewHemp because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-12-2010 by WashingtonGrewHemp because: wrong word replaced

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Arcot

Great post ,
i would love to be invited to be a Freemason

Even with all i have researched ,with the bad apples and all, the good apples out way the bad apples bay far.

I believe in just about everything they stand for ,as far as the good apples go.

I highly respect all Freemasons i have ever met,tho that has not been many ,but the ones i have met i highly respect.

great post and may your brothers protect you

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Slightly erroneous my friend. The only requirements are that you believe in a Supreme Being, any Supreme Being, . No where in Freemasonry (Blue Lodge Masonry any way) will a Mason ask you to specify what religion you are as Freemasonry respects every man's choice to his own faith. Only in the York Rite of Masonry do they require that you are a christian, however.

I appreciate the apology. There are some nasty stereo types that have always gone around about the Order, and I accept that, and I live with it, pretty much daily. Before you lump us in with the baby eating satan worshippers people make us out to be, step back, clear your mind, and remember that we're just men, and have to deal with the same problems everyone else does on this planet.

The only difference is we get to wear cool rings and tie tacks.

Just on a side note... I have had my personal issues with the Order as well. We don't need to get into it here (there is a thread about it floating around somewhere) but the readers digest version is even Freemasons have faults and shortcomings. What defines a man is how he learns, or does not learn from these situations.

I have an equal distaste for the Elite of the world... look up some of my posts in the last 3 years... lol, a whole years worth of them are before I was made a Mason! I was a conspiracy theorist long before I was a Freemason. Some would see the two as opposing interests, but after going through my 3 degrees and studying Masonry on a nearly daily basis, I can say with out hesitation at all that there are no global conspiracies within Freemasonry. In my honest opinion, most of the conspiracies have been made up to turn a profit by using our Order's name in a negative way. Any way.... I digress:

Sometime the best way to make a point is to just lay yourself out in the open for everyone to know where your really coming from. Thats the reason I used myself as an example. I don't want sympathy, I want understanding. We are not all rich, and we are not all powerful. I would say the most common thread I've found among the Fraternity is that most Masons genuinely care about their communities, and want to help make things better for all involved with them. I'm happy you didn't pull any punches with how you feel about Masons, and I respect your opinion... Just got some of your facts wrong.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

So if I believed in aliens with superior technology, would that count as a Supreme Being? I thought you had to be a Monotheist to be a Mason?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

If you can truthfully in your heart take an oath that you worship a supreme being, no other information is asked of you. Alien or otherwise. IMO the reason this is a requirement is because it reminds us of our own insignificance with in the whole realm of the Universe.

I myself was raised Catholic and had a falling out with the church after they threatened my father with excommunication because my parent's divorce was not in line with the catholic churches rules. Since that happened I have not gone to church once.

Once again I will open up myself to try and aid your thought process.

I am no longer a Catholic. In my opinion all organized religions ruin spirituality. As a follower of science I cannot accept that there is a big invisible man in the sky watching us and keeping tabs on our sins and our good deeds. That is very unrealistic, and naive.

When the question comes up "Do you believe in God?" My answer is still immediately and with no hesitation "Yes". The reason I am confident in my convictions is because of the awesome power the Universe holds. When I look up at night at all of the beautiful stars in the heavens (which literally translated means the sky, or the world above) and I begin to think about how uncompromisingly vast it truly is; I think about the diurnal rotations of the earth and the planets spinning on their own axes and alternately around the sun; how these mechanisms and forces coincide with each other to formulate the solar system, and how these forces in turn interact with the core of our very being, and how these forces connect all of us as one family of Man... To me, theres no doubt in my mind that a great and powerful, and sometimes even terrible force at work that is beyond comprehension. That is my God. When I kneel and pray, or when my fiancé and I pray before a meal, or even if I am just out in nature and am struck by the amazing power of Her, and of our Universe, that is how I know in my heart of hearts that there is a Supreme Being. That Supreme and so Awesome power of our world, the Universe has convinced me of my insignificance, and I know my place with in it. I never understood the meaning of spirituality until I was out of the Catholic church, and it was through the vastness of our own Universe that I truly found God,

So when I was first admitted into a Lodge of Masons, I was able of my own free will to say to them, "Yes, I believe in the All Mighty. I believe in God." And that was enough.

While I have had many passionate discussions with some Brothers outside of the lodge room about faith, and the powers that work in ways we don't yet understand, or maybe have even lost our understanding of, no Brother has ever asked me to clarify my faith, and I believe that none of them have questioned it.

I hope that helps.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

it's a shame I can only give one star and have no power to give applause. Your understanding of your spiritual faith is crystal. Very nicely said.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by fordrew

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
Sounds nice, so who is the Freemasons parallel that keeps giving the Freemasons a bad rap. The group that is Illuminate but is confused with Freemasons?

If you trace anti-Masonic literature back to its original source you will find either a Nazi, a religious fundamentalist or a Communist - no exceptions.

No no no, he is asking a question! He is asking for the name of the group of people that often are confused with the freemasons. They are called the Illuminati. Yes, people like to think that the Illuminati are freemasons and the freemasons are Illuminati. No the Illuminati does not exist, and has not existed for quite some time now. Anyone who really says otherwise is a nutter

The phrase "Illuminati," as it is used now, does not refer to the Bavarian Illuminati, or any of the copycat groups which call themselves "The Illuminati." It refers to an informal group of powerful men and women who are trying to impose their theories about social order onto everyone else.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Why can't the universe just be naturally beautiful? When I see the stars and think about the perfect distance the Earth is from the Sun, and the Moon, so that they both appear the same size, I think it could be coincidence. I think the Universe naturally has pockets of low-entropy levels, where life springs. I think it's just the Universe, a big neutral area, a cosmic forest, nothing more. I don't worship any god, why would I as someone who believes in reason and rational thinking?

Did you know that in the late 18th century, people were predicting that religion would die out and that moral ideas would be taken from literature in the future? The founding fathers were way more radical than people are today, and they are misunderstood in my opinion. Look at Jefferson. He heavily edited the Bible, and his version is now used by Unitarian Universalists, who basically say you can believe whatever you want. Does everything have to be explained as being caused by one all powerful entity called God? I don't think so. Also, polytheism is no worse than monotheism. I actually like it more. But I think for one to say "I believe in God" is a cop-out to justify easily explaining an extremely complex, chaotic megasystem (the Universe) as being simply "created by God." Not to mention that religious belief stems from death anxiety. Nobody wants to admit that when they die, it could be done. Game over. Oblivion. Nada. I have no faith, because there is no proof. "God" as a concept is virtually meaningless. Thus why I could never be a Mason, which I already knew.
edit on 2-12-2010 by WashingtonGrewHemp because: wrong word

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join