It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does symbolism do to you?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I keep seeing these threads, exposing the evil masons, or the Illuminati, or the Evil cabals, hiding symbolism in movies, and children's cartoons. I don't believe that there is a secret agency putting hidden symbols in movies other than the director of the movie. And should he decide to put some hidden symbolism into his movie, I would think it was for him and not to control the world.

Can anyone here give me an example of how this imagery has adversely affected anyone?

I have a friend who built a house recently. He is a mason. He used some different colored bricks and made a plumb, square, and level in his brickwork. Now that was blatant masonic symbolism. But who will it affect? Whom will it hurt? I would like to understand why it's so important to uncover these evil doers. Educate me.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

symbols do nothing, period. Some people use symbols to communicate to one another, like the Jesus fish, or cross, may not mean must to us now, but perhaps back then, it was a sign of some brotherhood, or understanding, that we cannot comprehend. Evil, doesn't exist, it does, but it kinda doesn't.

there is only intention, intention to create, intention to destroy.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Does anyone know what an 8 pointed star with a circle in the middle means, or what it is associated with.. It's a long story why is so important to me, and it's a little 'out there' and personal to just put in a post.. I have tried to research it with little joy.. If anyone knows what is means, I would very much appreciate it..

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
A good read is Man and his Symbols, you can find it online I'm sure and if not, check at your local library. Carl Jung had some very interesting ideas on Symbolism and how it affects us.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

It's old, and has been reinterpreted many times.
urrent descriptions have it as a Satanic symbol, a Christian symbol ( representing the star of Bethlehem.), and a Wiccan symbol or controlled chaos.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Hard to say.

sacred geometry tells us that all of the manifest is built from three shaped (circle, triangle and square)

The octagon is two squares offset that create the 8 points and several traingles.

Could be as simple as the circle representing the universe with the four forces and cardinal directions contained within it.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

What does symbolism do to you?

To me all symbols communicate something, whether they be letters formed into words and sentences or images used to convey a meaning.

To wit, a leaping deer in a yellow square sign indicates that deer may be present near the roadway and to take caution. Your neighbor inlaying bricks to form a sqaure and compasses into his masonary work indicates that he is likely a Freemason. Any futher inference of deeper meanings is specious.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Hmm, yeah it means something to me. I'm thinking of doing an expose on a certain movie or two but am too busy to make the graphics for the OP, so I keep putting it off. The issue I have is the blatant use of it in movies, in all products, on every media etc. I even detect double meaning symbolism in the words all of you use in the wording of your discussions with other (noncraft) posters. It's like little inside jokes are being passed back, and forth between masons while an issue is heated up in the thread. I find it rude when y'all do that. Like teasing a little kid with adult terminology in front of a crowd.

I'll only go as far as you want network dude. I always wanted to say too that the words in your sig are very thought provoking and my favorite amongst the other ones.

edit on 28-11-2010 by Khaaaaaan!! because: trap!!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
Does anyone know what an 8 pointed star with a circle in the middle means, or what it is associated with.. It's a long story why is so important to me, and it's a little 'out there' and personal to just put in a post.. I have tried to research it with little joy.. If anyone knows what is means, I would very much appreciate it..

Yeah, this about sums it up Yin and Yang

8 has been attributed to the Divine Feminine, but I think 8 can have both male and female symbolism. Did you know that some of the pyramids are actually 8 sided?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Khaaaaaan!!

Is the symbolism (or at least some of it) meant to do anything nefarious, or dangerous, or even cleaver, or is it just put there by the person who had the power to put it there as a kind of hidden calling card? I can't say it doesn't exist, as some of these threads have proven, it's there for sure. But is Matt Groenig putting an all seeing eye on a book just to poke at people like us, or is he secretly claiming that he has resurrected the Bavarian Illuminati and is now a member? Being that it's so secret that anyone who studies it will surmise that it has been defunct since the late 1700s, I can't see anyone purposely putting it out there for someone to find. And once they found it, what then? Do you go kill Matt? do you picket his house and claim he is trying to force you into poverty? How does it affect YOU?
edit on 28-11-2010 by network dude because: (no reason given)

edit to add: thanks for the nod on the signature.

edit on 28-11-2010 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

Yeah I found a few different things an 8 pointed star could be associated with, but nothing definitive.. I'm hoping it's not satanic though
edit on 28-11-2010 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

I am surprised you didn't go for the beer angle.

I know how symbolism can make you think. I know how it represents different things to different people. But what I am confused about is why people have to feel as if it's evil that it's there. Now the deer crossing sign. that could be a problem. They need to make sure they are not put near residential neighborhoods. too many deer get hit there. they should cross further down the road. Move the sign.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

Good answer.. The closest symbol I found that represented it is 'the star of ishtar'

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
symbolism to me is a universal means of communication. Anyone , whether they are literate or not, can understand a symbol. Persons that speak any language can understand a symbol because symbols are universal. Even the deaf can understand symbols! That is why symbolism is important to me.
edit on 28-11-2010 by fordrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
I am surprised you didn't go for the beer angle.

I did not want Khan to think this was one of our double-meaning conversations.

I know how symbolism can make you think. I know how it represents different things to different people. But what I am confused about is why people have to feel as if it's evil that it's there.

Symbolisim only affects people adversely if they allow it to affect them that way.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

Thanks I'll check it out.. Interesting about the pyramids, I never knew that, and interested to see how that works..

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Symbols, just like anything, can mean whatever the person showing them, wants them to mean. When I see 8, I see an infiniteSpider Web and I see a "Peace" sign in collision with a Prayer Wheel

4 sides lost in space time.

8 is infinite

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
The 8 pointed the Charron is a double cross
Like the black and white chequered floor on Masonic Temples and Westminister Abbey
Basically a vortex point for evil spirits to enter this world ..
More info this check out the Arrivals on you tube ..

I am not promoting myself but for a basic understanding of Masonic symbology
you can check out the documentry in 5 parts on my website
Satan in the City book not out yet but nearly there .. So nothing to sell just info only

www.authorrobertwakefield.com

Just dont want people thinking I am here to sell books .
I have 2 international Best Sellers..
My only aim is to spread the truth .... Theres too many peope post stuff to make money from their evil ..
All my money is redirected to year zero movie project...
I work for a living and give back what I receive...

Only stating this as per se .... If people think I am here to make money....

Wikileaks said to the world "Welcome to the Party Pal"
I have been in this party a long long long time ...
Freedom from Fear ...

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by robertauthor

Thanks for the answer.. The symbol looks very much like the star of Ishtar, that is actually the best representation I have found of it.
This symbol has a very significant meaning to my life, the circumstances behind me knowing this are quite bizarre, I really need to find the meaning of this symbol, any more info would be great..

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Hey thanks response
[Clip Movie if embed works
www.yearzero.page.tl...
Its a total Freedom Project
Due release 2012
Vid said 2010 but we were over ambitious
Rob
edit on 28-11-2010 by robertauthor because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join