It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What makes you think that ur consciousness is inside your brain?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
The problem is that what happens when the ptb have your brain frequency for all of us, they may be able to use that knowledge to control society.

Or maybe its already happening.

Still reckon they use mobile phones as a way to get your brain frequency.

Look how society has changed so quickly since mobiles have come into existence. Maybe the ptb have our frequency for our brains already from mobile phones, and they use this to control society in a way they see fit.

I seriously doubt they need microchips. They just need your brains frequency. I think its already being done.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I read somewhere that to experiance consciousness you have to be unconscious? What ever that means!

I guess it means if you are in a dreaming state you are connected to the consciousness?

PS . I wonder if any of us ever dream the same dream? Since consciousness is supposed to be connected to the infinite dimension of awareness. Something we all share!

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by _SilentAssassin_

Well, consciousness isn't exactly something that can be INSIDE your brain. It's beyond the human body, something that transcends it and is part of your soul. Iiiiiiiiits.....METAPHYSICAL!
. But seriously, it's not physical, but you're right, everyone just assumes it's inside their brain.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Our brains generate information. When that happens, it happens in full bursts of that information, with each burst containing the segment of thought and a full representation of our primary expression as it exists at that moment. Each burst is immediately replaced by the next burst, with the replaced burst shunted to a gathering "past", adding another full unit of Intellect to what has been collecting since corporeal birth as the human being that you are - that each of us is - presently and separately gestating. One brain - one gestating human being.

Our brains are also designed to take in external stimuli, and to learn from it, with the intention of further developing the sophistication - or even just to further delineate the uniqueness - of our gestating selves. As our brains register each instant of this multi-function activity, and triage it for short and/or long term memory (which is what the memory cells are for) each burst of output and input is experienced as consciousness, with the gathered Intellect's Personality (an active generation control effort provided by the dynamic self interest of that gathered Intellect of the gestating human being) managing the entire triage effort (which explains things like cognitive dissonance as well as hyper-awareness).

A damaged brain can internally generate stimuli and confuse the entire process with improperly routed signal pathways that register it as external stimuli, and this can become an accepted part of the triage process after a while, as the Personality becomes equally distorted through a building contextual percentage within the gathered Intellect whole that features this sort of delusion/hallucination constant as an important aspect of the primary expression of the developing human being. Of course, this can be the case with any brain, or character, fault. The personality's focus is on crafting an inimitable Identity for the gathering Intellect mass, and frankly, it's not inherently concerned about what the resulting primary expression (ultimately crafted Identity) will entail.

We each experience our own brains' bursts of Intellect as they are registered as memory. It happens quickly, and each burst is like the frame in a length of film. The span of each burst is consistent with the unit rate of change within our contextual environment, which allows us to experience a stable and consistent "now" within this environment, along with everything else that shares it with us. I call this span the Causal Unit Rate. It's this fundamental constant that unites all physical existence within our contextual environment.

Just my 2 cents on the subject.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
My take on the "consciousness resides in the brain " idea :

If you lose half of your brain ,lets say the left half , you can still live normally , so that would mean that consciousness resides in the right half of Your brain . But somebody else can also lose the right half of his brain and still live and operate normally . So if you can loose both the left and right side (generally speaking ) of the brain and still remain conscious , where in the brain does that conscious reside ?

edit on 28/11/10 by Thill because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Thill

I truly hope that post was a joke.

Seriously, please tell me you're joking.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
i think conciousness is more of a...field, or a fabric? it permeates everything, the human mind is just a vessel. a very very high-tech and fragile vessel, but a conductor nonetheless.

you can account for perception, sight, taste, smell, feeling, hearing. you can find emotions in the brain and the chemicals that cause them, you can find synapses that account for a whole life's worth of effort in personality disorders. you can find the part of the brain that throws all of these things together to form "you"...but if i handed you every technology known to man...you'd be hard pressed to find the 'observer' within the matter of the human brain.

and im pretty sure the post two before mine was speaking hypothetically. hes trying to make the same point as me, i think. that you can put a label on conciousness, or describe it, but you cant locate it. there is no director's chair labeled 'observer' in our brains.

edit on 30-11-2010 by standardquanta because: spelling/grammatical errors

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
This is the old problem of how a group of neurons can create conscious experiences. If I put a brain in a glass jar and kept it alive. Then I stimulated the neural pathways associated with the experience of pain, would there be pain in a jar? I have actaully written a paper discussing the relationship of the brain to consciousness. You can find it here, www.nderf.org...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

unconsciousness only exists in consciousness

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Thill

pineal gland!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
NDE reports say that you are not. Enuff said.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

when i think i can feel tension in my brain.... or in deep thought my nerves at the top of me head lol

why are you able to feel it anywhere in your body? i.e. "localized" feelings and pains.

Enuff said

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
If i ask my self. Who is in control of me. "My brain or I". I say, I am in control of me not my brain.

I tell my brain what to do. My brain does not tell me what to do. But i do need my brain to so that i can use the elements of my body. I need my brain so that i can sense the dimension which this body exists within.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by standardquanta
and im pretty sure the post two before mine was speaking hypothetically. hes trying to make the same point as me,

edit on 30-11-2010 by standardquanta because: spelling/grammatical errors

Actually, I was being very literal in my description of what consciousness is. We seem to need to project consciousness beyond our own experience of it, and install it as the primordial infrastructure of existence itself, but that's just personification taken to its logical extreme. The human psyche seems to find comfort in defining the most powerful and pervasive thing it can conceive of as being the same as itself. Like inventing a god that looks like a human being, and is even like human beings enough to be capable of mating successfully with one. Even the most sophisticated and educated of theologians insist on God behaving like a human being behaves - although with more wisdom and appropriate restraint (or lack of, as the situation warrants).

It's not surprising that New Age folks personify the larger forces within what they realize is a wide open potential, with their own ultimate existential expression as the source of all that exists. It's personification, and human beings have been engaged in that since noticing that they have personage.

Look at that post again, and read it literally. I wasn't being figurative or hypothetical. I was trying to describe exactly what consciousness really is.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
When you are asleep and there is a dream, everything that is in the dream is seen, experienced by you. When you wake in the morning, you can say that you had a dream, yet when dreaming you do not know it is a dream, it is real to you. You are conscious when you are in the sleeping dream state. There is an awareness that this is happening, there are people and objects there in the dream and you interact with them. When you wake and wonder, where was the dream happening? Easy to dismiss. It wasn't real, it was only a dream.
Nothing was real. Yet and this is the big one. Everything happens within consciousness. Your consciousness is the only thing you can say definitely exists. You can not prove that there is anything but your dream.
edit on 1-12-2010 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

What you just said made me think.

Could we actually take part in two different dimensions of consciousness. One when we are a wake and one when we are a sleep?

Could both of the consciousnesses be real but in different states of consciousness?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Consciousness, not matter, is primary, and the choosing free self cannot be a local 3 dimensional phenomenon ie: not inside your scull. No time right now to show the how and why of this, but it's essentially now proven by the resolution of the quantum paradoxes. The human brain is BOTH a classical recording device AND a non-local, holographic quantum phenomenon. Since the quantum mind is part of a nested or tangled hieararchy, all information stored in the scull may also be considered to be stored in the Akashic Record or ZeroPointField ie: mind of God.

There is no such thing as isolate consciousness.

P.S. This is not an anthropomorphic "projection" by any means, and holds water within the context of the new science.
edit on 1-12-2010 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracytheoristIAM
reply to post by _SilentAssassin_

Last time I thought about thinking, I realized either I've been talking to myself or listening to inner thought processes._javascript:icon('
')

I like the way you think, knowledge is imparted to us.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

There is no such thing as isolate consciousness.

P.S. This is not an anthropomorphic "projection" by any means, and holds water within the context of the new science.
edit on 1-12-2010 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

Our consciousness is active 24/7 in two different states. It never takes a brake.

1. Awake state = 17 to 18 hours.

2. Dream sate= 7 to 8 hours.

Both of these states are as real as the other.

-When you are awake you observe and record reality as it is where you are.

-When you are asleep and dreaming you project reality. The only difference is the dreams time and place in present time. But you observe and record the reality in the same way as when you are awake.

They are both experienced as reality by you. You dont know the difference before you wake up.
The difference between them is that when you dream, you dont recognize the sleeping you. The sleeping you dont exist to you when you live in your dream, because of preset time. Only you exist. You are always in present time even if you are dreaming.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

There is also a third state

3) Dreamless Sleep

So we obviously "take the plunge" every single night when we sleep, and, since there may be extraordinarily deep psychic processing occuring, unto the very treshold of a transluminal reintegration with the Zero Point Field, or Akashic Record - we cannot be certain that each day we awaken precisely the same person. Anything can happen, especially in dreams, when the non-local quantum holographic mind may be considered to be, enveloped, in increasing spheres of consciousness, or depths thereof, and realms.

My pont is that this isn't a restricted localized occurance, at the exclusion the larger reality, and mind, within which this sleeping mind of ours resides, whether at night, or in the blinding maya, and the illusion of separation, of the day, or, general waking consciousness.

The mind, over and above being a classical recording device, is also a non-localized, quantum holographic phenomenon. What's perhaps so special about WAKING consciousness, is that the self who chooses, or who has absolute freedom, is also a manifestation of the very same consciousness, albeit at a fundamentally different level or order (implicate order?) - is also a non-localized phenomenon, who only collapses the universal wave of infinite possibility, when a choice, a judgement, a measurement or a decision, is made, after which learned behavior and classical recording machine-mind takes over. But that mind, the classical mind cannot be the "REAL YOU" since it's just a machine, an IT, where the REAL YOU is the one who has authority in matters of choice, and who, strangely enough, does not and cannot be situated as a collapsed localized phenomenon.

The brain them is a recording, and a transmitting and recieving instrument, who accesses the zero point field of consciousness, both when sleeping, and when awake.

It is therefore best to forget about about who we thought we were when we go to sleep at night, and when we wake up in the morning.

The possibility for a transformation then is always available, at each moment.

Thus any one among us can travel from present, to future past (in imagination) and from sinner, to saint, we are that close, and the veil, so thin.

We forgot who we are! Michael Cecil is right to say that we've been blinded by the twin pillars of a self and a thinker, or analyzer. It arises from the run on thoughts in the head, born of the static from the machine, with all of its thoughts, interpretations and messages ABOUT reality, when all the while there is also a KNOWER who looks on, unmoved, but not without a keen sense of curiosity, and a bemused smile at the whole affair.

We've got to get this issue about true self identity straightened out imho.

We do NOT know who we are, except in terms of this mysterious self, who's experience the consciousness people call "qualia", and it cannot be located within from the outside, either. It is impossible to measure from a third party position.

And so in the final analysis, I think we end up at the end of time and history, in some sort of unconditioned ground of all being and becoming in potentia, and we probe this space all the time with our imagination, of things not yet done, or seen, or repackaged in a new way and a new light. The uniqueness of merely BEING a human being in this universe, is itself profound and absurd in its own right.

If only we could awaken to a profound and lasting sense of awe, and gratitude, and loving devotion (eternal life) rendered through selfless service or by working on one's own self for the sake of both one's self and our fellow man.

We may as well just go through the gate, I think, and find pasture and freely come and go until we get established in the new domain, and the first tool we will pick up when we arrive, will be the creative tool of time itself, born of nothing but the human imagination, unleashed to reach for it's true potential, and to bring that out in the process for everyone's sake (setting the lamp out on the lampstand).

But it takes no courage at all, only a rational mind making inquiries of the logos. It's all available to us, anything and everything. If only we would but ask, and recieve.

My I'm asking for [Courage] this Christmas. The courage to make needed changes and surrender to what I've discovered, and to an even greater unknown. In other words to start practicing, what I preach here on ATS!

My mother (God rest her soul) once said - "sin with courage". A rather absurd thing for a mother to say, and for years I never understood it, but I think it means to move forward in fear and trembling, stumbling as needed, imperfect, even hunched over, quazi-motto'ing up the stairs, because what was once perhaps grotesque changes and metamorphosizes into the most beautiful butterly (she liked butterflies). We are a work in progress un other words, so it's good to be gentle with people, starting with our own selves.

To be accepted and invited and fully loved, unconditionally, how wouldn't that be something, that God might be a God of love in the end.

I know it.

Don't understand it. but I know it.

forgive me for rambling. just stream of consciousness stuff in the lead up to Christmas and winter solstice.

A new sun will dawn. We'll "get" this thing, one way or another, it will come.

No worries!

edit on 1-12-2010 by NewAgeMan because: typo, and edit, while attempting to gently squeeze or hug my fellow ATS'ers, with love, somehow.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join