It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What makes you think that ur consciousness is inside your brain?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I bet you have some knowledge about the Mayans

Much of what you explained is also based on what the Mayans believed to be true about our dreaming state. We don't just learn about time and reality when we are awake. We also learn when we sleep.

You made a great response. I will ponder your answer and see if i agree or can add something to it.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

How can you know for sure that it's not all just one dream? The state we call dream sleep, the state we call awake and also the deep sleeping state. All of it a dream, then when you die, you just wake up in a bed and say that was a weird dream, lol.
Who is in the dream really? No one, no things, just appearances appearing, then disappearing.
Just because we pick up from the so called previous day, we think this is real and that sleeping dreams are not. Why?
The appearances appear, are seen, then disappear. Whether they are sights, sounds, touch, thoughts or feelings. Only the knowing, experiencing, awareness of it proves your existence. But only your existence.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Here's an even crazier thought:

What if your consciousness is in someone else's brain?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

allllright. i was just trying to help you out there. i feel exactly the same way, the hypothetical point i was talking about was somebody trying to live with half a brain, dude. not the point you were trying to make being hypothetical.

dont be so quick to judge. more people would side with you than you think. some people just have problems thinking outside our paradigm of reality and physics.

sheesh.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by xiphias

LOL.

Thank you all for your responses. I've been learning a lot so far.
edit on 5-12-2010 by _SilentAssassin_ because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join