It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Fundamentally Transforming the United States of America"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Woman Arrested At ABIA [Austin-Bergstrom International Airport] After Refusing "Enhanced Pat Down"
by DimensionalDetective
started on 12/23/2010 @ 04:58 PM
www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=10183584#pid10183584

"I turned to the police officer and said, 'I have given no due cause to give up my constitutional rights. You can wand me,'" and they said, 'No, you have to do this,'" she said.

Hirschkind agreed to the pat down, but on one condition.

"I told them, 'No, I'm not going to have my breasts felt,' and she said, 'Yes, you are,'" said Hirschkind.

When Hirschkind refused, she says that "the police actually pushed me to the floor, (and) handcuffed me. I was crying by then. They drug me 25 yards across the floor in front of the whole security."

www.kvue.com...

Will those who are asleep and in charge of this nightmare ever wake up and end it?! I tried explaining to friends and co-workers as far back as 2002 that America was going the way of the police state and Nazi Germany. They had no idea what I was talking about then.

What I would really like to know is how can people be completely blind to it now. Right now, while it's happening right in front of us, every day.

It truly is getting to the point of no return.
Like sheep led to the slaughter.
I'm beginning to think that those people who are deaf dumb and blind to this are not merely asleep.

Their spirits must be dead.

Almost as if they are nothing more than pure motorized instinct. Puppets. Zombies in the truest sense of the word. DEAD. No thoughts to think. No tears to cry. All sucked dry. Down to the very last breath...

edit on 12/23/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: headline

edit on 12/23/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: punctuation

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Take note of this thread:

Almost Everything Is A Crime In America Now: 14 Of The Most Ridiculous Things That Americans Are Being Arrested For
by RedGolem
started on 12/28/2010 @ 01:31 PM
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here's a snippet from the cited article:

Sadly, it is not just hardcore criminals that are being rounded up and abused by authorities these days. The following are 14 of the most ridiculous things that Americans are being arrested for….

#1 A Michigan man has been charged with a felony and could face up to 5 years in prison for reading his wife’s email.

#2 A 49-year-old Queens woman had bruises all over her body after she was handcuffed, arrested and brutally beaten by NYPD officers. So what was her offense? The officers thought that her little dog had left some poop that she didn’t clean up.

#3 A 56-year-old woman who was once a rape victim refused to let airport security officials feel her breasts so she was thrown to the floor, put in handcuffs and arrested.

#4 In Milwaukee, one man was recently fined $500 for swearing on a public bus.

#5 Several years ago a 12-year-old boy in South Carolina was actually arrested by police for opening up a Christmas present early against his family’s wishes.

#6 In some areas of the country, it is now a crime to not recycle properly. For example, the city of Cleveland has announced plans to sort through trash cans to ensure that people are actually recycling according to city guidelines.

#7 A 12-year-old girl from Queens was arrested earlier this year and taken out of her school in handcuffs for writing “Lex was here. 2/1/10″ and “I love my friends Abby and Faith” on her desk.

#8 Back in 2008, a 13-year-old boy in Florida was actually arrested by police for farting in class.

#9 The feds recently raided an Amish farmer at 5 AM in the morning because they claimed that he was was engaged in the interstate sale of raw milk in violation of federal law.

#10 A few years ago a 10-year-old girl was arrested and charged with a felony for bringing a small steak knife to school. It turns out that all she wanted to do was to cut up her lunch so that she could eat it.

#11 On June 18th, two Christians decided that they would peacefully pass out copies of the gospel of John on a public sidewalk outside a public Islamic festival in Dearborn, Michigan and within three minutes 8 policemen surrounded them and placed them under arrest.

#12 A U.S. District Court judge slapped a 5oo dollar fine on Massachusetts fisherman Robert J. Eldridge for untangling a giant whale from his nets and setting it free. So what was his crime? Well, according to the court, Eldridge was supposed to call state authorities and wait for them do it.

#13 Once upon a time, a food fight in the cafeteria may have gotten you a detention. Now it may get you locked up. About a year ago, 25 students between the ages of 11 and 15 at a school in Chicago were taken into custody by police for being involved in a huge food fight in the school cafeteria.

#14 A few years ago a 70 year old grandmother was actually put in handcuffs and hauled off to jail for having a brown lawn.
blacklistednews.com...:-14-Of-The-Most-Ridiculous-Things-That-Americans-Are-Being-Arrested-For/12071/0 /0/0/Y/M.html

"The times they are a changing..."

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Number thirteen in the list above reminded me of the widely reported story of the cop who showed up at a snowball fight brandishing his sidearm:

D.C. Snowball Fight "Fun And Games" Until Gun Appears"
www.washingtonpost.com...

Cop Admits To Pulling Gun On Snowballers
Cop says on video he pulled a gun because he was hit with a snowball
www.nbcwashington.com...

Kafka must be looking on from the afterlife splitting his sides laughing at us.

edit on 1/9/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typeface

edit on 1/9/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: line

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Dimensional Detective - I give up.

Every time I turn around there's another story posted by you that only serves to confirm in no uncertain terms that our Constitution is indeed dead, nobody cares and we're pretty much screwed.

The sheer volume of stories I see on ATS by Dimensional Detective and others that expose the lawlessness of the status quo is mind boggling.

Where's John Titor's civil war when we need it? Have we really gone beyond the point of no return.

I'm reminded of a line from Vanilla Sky spoken by the Kurt Russel character:
"Mortality as home entertainment? This can't be the future."

America has been absolutely and "fundamentally transformed". I don't need to prove it anymore. Just keep reading Dimensional Detective's threads. If you can keep up.

I hope he can keep up with the mêlée.
Sadly the absurdity of our situation has become the norm and all the clocks are striking thirteen.

It's over America.

And we did it to ourselves

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Here's a related thread concerning President Obama's SOTU 2011:

Most Dangerous Phrase: "We cannot win the future with a government of the past"

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

I’ve thought for some time about the slippery slope down which our country has been sliding. I have one idea that keeps popping up in my mind ... and it seems to be the most peaceful, immediate, and realistic thing around which my little mind can wrap. This is certainly no solution, no fix, and not what is truly needed--let me make that clear. But the idea would be for people of like mind to simply move to one state, in one general area of that state. When elections are held ... i.e. Sheriff, Mayor, D.A., Judges, Justice of the Peace, etc., people would place in power only those elected officials who represented the people’s values ... and the people’s freedoms. More importantly, given time, the potential elected officials who shared the people’s values and freedoms would themselves move to this area.

If this state eventually filled up with people, and this state was prosperous, had a lower crime rate, better communities, and less prisons ... then maybe other states and other Americans would take notice.

Simple? Yes. Would it work? I don’t know. It’s just been in my head for a good while.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by YourMomLied

Come to Texas. We're FAR from perfect, but the state is big enough and diverse enough (topography wise is what I mean) that you're sure to find a suitable place. About the worst drawback is how long it takes to get to another state unless you're near a border. Almost everyone on this thread would be more than welcome.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by YourMomLied

Sounds something similar to, yet at the same time completely different from the utopian community formed in the Ayn Rand novel "Atlas Shrugged"

Edit: Hey... my thread has 11 flags.

edit on 1/31/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: 11

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Item:

Gitmo Detainee, 48, Dies After 8 Years In A Cage With No Charges
by purplemer
started on 2/5/2011 @ 02:24 PM

I'm reminded of a number of lines from various songs. Here are two:

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss."
"Same as it ever was."

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
[color=#FF0000]Beware of Democrats and Republicans!! They are all PROFESSIONAL POLITICIANS. Millionaires and lawyers looking out for themselves and their kin while screwing the average American. Americans can never be free until they rid themselves of CRIMINAL GANGSTERS who have to band together in bands called parties which are no better than MS13, The Latin Kings, or any other number of illegal criminal enterprises that prey on the weak and unwary.

[color=#FFFFFF]Americans need to elect CITIZEN STATESMEN who are not beholding to criminal gangsters who give them backing and financing.

CITIZEN STATESMEN who are not PROFESSIONAL POLITICIANS and who love America more than they love power and money.

CITIZEN STATESMEN who will represent us instead of Lobbyists for corporations who ply them with under the table cash and benefits.
[color=#3366FF]
CITIZEN STATESMEN who will represent us instead of RULING OVER US.

Democrats and Republicans are two sides of the same coin. It is a dirty, soiled currency backed by graft and greed that will no longer purchase honest representation for the American voter and taxpayer.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

What he said.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
DimensionalDetective on the case! "Meet the old boss, same as he new boss". You said it brother.

FBI Can Obtain Phone Records Without Oversight, Justice Dept Memo Claims
by DimensionalDetective
started on 2/13/2011 @ 01:04 PM

- PS

I've taken to plugging others' threads. Some are very eyeopening. Especially DimensionalDetective's. At some point I'm sure I'll have some more of my own thoughts to share. I've been rather wrapped up following too many things...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Recent Developments:

Dateline: Kentucky

Supreme Court Gives Police A New Entryway Into Homes
by Vitchilo
started on 5/16/2011 @ 08:34 PM

Dateline: Indiana

Indiana Supreme Court: Police Can Unlawfully Enter A Home…No Warrant, With No Reason At All.
by TheEmpath
started on 5/16/2011 @ 07:29 PM

Court: No Right To Resist Illegal Cop Entry Into Home
by Vitchilo
started on 5/13/2011 @ 01:47 PM

Your 4th Amendment Is Gone. At Least In Indiana. Where next?
by EssenceOfSilence
started on 5/13/2011 @ 01:10 PM

edit on 5/16/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: formatting

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
It's now a warrantless police state. And they said it was fiction. And couldn't happen here. Oh, it would never happen here...

The absurdity of the police state has been shown time and again. But it's no laughing matter anymore. Now it's here and there is apparently nothing we can do to stop it. Except to watch Terry Gilliam's masterpiece, "Brazil" and cry into our Victory Gin. Pardon the mixed film metaphor.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Another scratch your head moment. What is going on people? When is "enough"... enough?

Taken From:

Adam Kokesh Body Slammed For Dancing At Jefforson Memorial
by stephinrazin
started on 5/28/2011 @ 08:12 PM

Originally posted by stephinrazin
I did not find this, but if it has been posted feel free to close.

Free expression cannot be tolerated in any form. You must always show respect for authority. Any refusal to do so will be seen as a danger to the state.

edit on 28-5-2011 by stephinrazin because: (no reason given)

We're really done for if this is the status quo.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Want to help a group of people who can't help themselves? Better have a lawyer on retainer:

3 More People Arrested In Florida For Feeding Homeless, 15 Arrested In The Last 2 Weeks
by Vitchilo
started on 6/15/2011 @ 03:45 AM

Good night, and good luck...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Just a reminder from your friendly neighborhood Number 6:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f62ddb1e4cf0.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Yes, the Orwellian Nightmare is here and we need to wake up from it. I agree with your posts. I read 1984 in 1974 ish and Ive known since then it was coming. I've watched the NWO develop their cameras on every street corner, rfid, surveillance of every kind, and now all this crazy police action. The Patriot act too. Datamining, CCTV cams (in the UK) in the homes, Janet Napolitano telling people of Wal Mart to look out for suspicious people. It's all so nuts, and to think that we criticized Nazi Germany once upon a time for the same thing. Technlogy is really being abused and they are working on ruining the Internet. Minority Report was a good preview.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Here's a new thread that shows how long the "Fundamental Transformation" has been underway. For those who haven't delved into the seemingly bottomless rabbit-hole, this is a great place to start.
An excellent source of information in my opinion.

Nine Documents From The Last 89 Years You Should Be Aware Of
by rstregooski
started on 6/25/2011 @ 12:04 PM

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
Yes, the Orwellian Nightmare is here and we need to wake up from it. I agree with your posts. I read 1984 in 1974 ish and Ive known since then it was coming. I've watched the NWO develop their cameras on every street corner, rfid, surveillance of every kind, and now all this crazy police action. The Patriot act too. Datamining, CCTV cams (in the UK) in the homes, Janet Napolitano telling people of Wal Mart to look out for suspicious people. It's all so nuts, and to think that we criticized Nazi Germany once upon a time for the same thing. Technlogy is really being abused and they are working on ruining the Internet. Minority Report was a good preview.

Speaking of "Minority Report", I ran across this thread a while back and posted the following to it:

Genius Marketing, Creepy, Or Just Coincidence?
by sparda4355
started on 5/24/2011 @ 10:58 PM

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
reply to post by sparda4355

This is what happened to you. It's the wave of the future. And creepy as well:

RFID Enabled iPhone A Boon To Mobile Marketing?
www.mobilemarketingwatch.com...

I am confident that this technology is not limited to iPhones.

edit to add: The article at the link is from 2009.
edit on 5/24/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: 2009

From Wikipedia:

Mobile Marketing Via Proximity Systems

Mobile marketing via Proximity Systems, also referred to as Proximity Marketing, relies on GSM 03.41 which defines the Short Message Service - Cell Broadcast. SMS-CB allows messages (advertising, public information, etc.) to be broadcast to all mobile users in a specified geographical area. In the Philippines, GSM-based proximity broadcast systems are used by select Government Agencies for information dissemination on Government-run community-based programs to take advantage of its reach and popularity (Philippines has the world's highest traffic of SMS). It is also used for commercial service known as Proxima SMS. Bluewater, a super-regional shopping centre in the UK, has a GSM based system supplied by NTL to help its GSM coverage for calls, it also allows each customer with a mobile phone to be tracked though the centre which shops they go into and for how long. The system enables special offer texts to be sent to the phone.
en.wikipedia.org...

This was recent science fiction as I recall. I believe it was featured in the film "Minority Report"

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/95597e9fcffd.jpg[/atsimg]

They're creeping up on you...
edit on 6/25/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: formatting

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join