It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Massive US Naval Exercise near China

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
The US Navy plans to have 7 Carrier Strike Groups off the coast of China for the Exercise Operation Summer Pulse 04. This marks the first time in peacetime history that this many US Naval CSG's have been in the same region. Sources in Beijing said China views itself as the target audience for Summer Pulse, a suspicion reinforced by reports that Taiwanese forces will join in.

Full Article

According to a Department of Defence statement, Summer Pulse is to test out a new Fleet Response Plan (FRP) aimed at enhancing the American Navy's combat power and readiness in a time of crisis.

The FRP calls for the despatching of six 'forward deployed' or 'ready to surge' CSGs to a trouble spot within 30 days, and an additional two within 90 days.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

WashingtonTimes

Singapore, Singapore, Jun. 30 (UPI) -- The United States is planning a massive show of force in the Pacific Ocean near China, reportedly to warn Beijing against using force toward Taiwan.
[...]
Given Beijing's repeated warnings that it will use force if necessary to stop Taiwanese independence, the U.S. needs to send Beijing a message, the Times reported.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

U.S. Navy photo by Photographer's Mate Airman Ryan O'Connor / United States Navy

Related AboveTopSecret.com Forum Discussions
7 US Aircraft carrier battle groups location
why is the World's Navy's putting out to sea?
Either this is the biggest military exercise ever, or something is up.
Navy Sending 7 Carrier Strike Groups to sea; Destination Unknown

[edit on 1-7-2004 by Zion Mainframe]

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
That's what China gets for doing the same, with france..., to the Taiwanese.
They had it coming.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
This is how stuff starts Two wrongs do not make a right. China will need to pushy back. Then the US again. This is ugle.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
It looks to me like this is a global exercise. From www.news.navy.mil... for example:

"The JFK Strike Group is part of Summer Pulse �04, a simultaneous deployment of seven CSGs to as many as five theaters. Summer Pulse �04 demonstrates the ability of the Navy to provide credible combat power across the globe."

It seems to me, deploying all seven groups in the China Sea would be asking for an incident.

Unless we're actually planning to attack North Korea, of course. :-/

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Ships, now F117's to be in South Korea........the plot thickens

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
This is how stuff starts Two wrongs do not make a right. China will need to pushy back. Then the US again. This is ugle.

So...do we allow China and France, to bully an ally around because they do not want its independance?

Allowing a wrong to exist uncheked because we might fear what could happen, does not make it a right.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Ugh. Told you so.

This screwing around with China is gonna end up getting ugly.

And we are within striking range of North Korea. So we might be going after them after all.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by x_y_no
It looks to me like this is a global exercise. From www.news.navy.mil... for example:
Unless we're actually planning to attack North Korea, of course. :-/

I think the reasons why we are there are many, one of them being the show of force that China and France did in Taiwan, the other being NK, also probably Iran. I don't think is just one reason that we are there for. Because of the war in Iraq, many countries are thinking that the US is weak at this moment and they seem to think that they might get away with invading independant countries that really are no threat to anyone.

Many of these countries are pushing it, trying to see what the US will do. We are showing them that we are not weak and are ready to respond quickly to any conflicts.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Remember that the bible states that all fishermen all sailors watch as the great Babalon burns so when all are ships are out watch out!

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

So...do we allow China and France, to bully an ally around because they do not want its independance?

Allowing a wrong to exist uncheked because we might fear what could happen, does not make it a right.

They can waste all the fuel they want. That is their sea, we have no reason to be in there sea. We have enough water around us to waste fuel(practice) in.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   

They can waste all the fuel they want. That is their sea, we have no reason to be in there sea. We have enough water around us to waste fuel(practice) in.

Taiwan's territorial waters are theirs? The Chinese would agree with you, but its not so, and international waters are....."international waters"....
You don't understand that the sea/oceans....are nobody's. There are only territorial waters extending from the borders of all countries, and the US is not going to go to China's territorial waters, like China has done to Taiwan so many times, unless the Chinese government wants to be stupid and start a war.

[edit on 1-7-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
looks like a plan to me...like two big ol' horney toads puffin' out their bellies so the other will be intimidated and in the end...there's a fight...

this summer would be the perfect time to stir the pot and make sure something happend to postpone the elections in November...

Remember...this administration is very good at getting the public to watch one hand while the other one screws them over...

Something is in the wind and it definitely has a stench!

~oracle

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Some more info on the operation
www.cffc.navy.mil...

Is it just me, or does this open the door to attack the US? Of course I am asking this as a hypothetical, but damn near The whole Navy is gone, who's watching the watchers?

[edit on 1-7-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
im guessing that this is a way to say to china, "dont even try it" in reguards to possibly invading tiawan.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
The United States Naval Website at, www.chinfo.navy.mil... has stated that 272 ships are either already deployed or underway and 38 submarines are also either already deployed or underway. This represents 93% of our total surface ships and 72% of our submarines, which are now at sea.

Many amphibious landing ships are in these groups at sea. We have 12 Aircraft Carriers and 10 of these are at sea in what are called �Battle Groups�, the other two are in port for refueling their Nuclear Power Plants. Normally we only have half the Navy at sea at any one time. This has never happened before.

At least one of our Nuclear Subs has had a couple launch tubes taken out to make room for Navy Seals. On Feb. 23, USS La Jolla (SSN 701), Los Angeles Class nuclear-powered attack submarine, departed on a Western Pacific deployment from its homeport of Pearl Harbor. It serves as a platform for Special Operations Forces. More than 30 additional Sailors were brought onboard as part of Seal Delivery Vehicle Team One.

The fact that as far as this writer can tell, virtually everything the Navy has which can be deployed has been deployed. One can only imagine the expense in this venture.

We are either witnessing the most expensive and foolish case of �saber rattling� in history or something is up. In this day of Nuclear tipped missiles, the life of a Carrier Group could be measured in minutes in a full-fledged war.

Once the planes are launched, they may not have a carrier to come back to.

Between the lack of enforcement of our immigration laws, the fact that airport screening limits the checking of Middle Easterners for PC reasons, the fact that our military is being poisoned by DU, and the fact that we are spread militarily so thin, makes me wonder if Bush Light is trying to destroy America and our fleets at sea are only bait.

But then, I lost all confidence in governments long ago.

Ghostwolfemoon

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Most likely this is a way to intimidate N. Korea and China. I don't mind. BTW theres a lot of retards here in America but were not stupid enough to launch a strike on either one of those countries. Its all scare tactics if you ask me. Oops, I forgot Bush is still in office.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Bushy's balls are bigger than his brains...

Taiwan is fine. It won't be invaded, China really has nothing to gain from invading the "Rogue State". Taiwan is not recognized as a country, or is it represented in the U.N., nor do we have official diplomatic relations with the island's regime. So why would China or the US Gov't force the Taiwan situation out of the gray area of independence into a black and white international crisis? Taiwan is a very useful political card to be played in Asia, going to war over it would just end in a mess and all sides know it.

Anyways...
It's July, election year. Bushy boy heats up US/China relations now. Sock and Pez dispenser prices go up because Bushy threatens to use our huge trade with China as a bargaining tool. Come Halloween, everyone in the US thinks things are getting really dicy with China. Then, BAM!! Bushy saves the day by getting "concessions" or losely translated verbal agreements from China to leave Taiwan alone for a little while longer. Bushy saves the day and the average American thinks he's an international genius.

Oh yeah, them ships out there... They will probably end up invading Guam just to show China how great the US Military is.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
im guessing that this is a way to say to china, "dont even try it" in reguards to possibly invading tiawan.

You hit it in a nutshell. I doubt its the pretext to an invasion anywere. More likely is an exersize with a huge message "We will protect Taiwan" attached to it.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I forget when but unofficially China did ask the USA:

"What do you value more, Taiwan or Los Angeles ?"

Bearing in mind that California is within range of China's nukes.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TenPin
I forget when but unofficially China did ask the USA:
Bearing in mind that California is within range of China's nukes.

Agreed, China could decimate the west coast. However, Chian itself would cease to exist following our reprisal. Also, they are many things but not sucidal. If they are then we are in huuuuge trouble. I wonder how the missile shield plays into all of this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join