It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Massive US Naval Exercise near China

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
The missile shield seems like a good idea... but China is not a threat (yet).

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
China has a big military not to mention the largest air force in the world? With enough fighters they could sink most of those american carriers. They can buy the latest fighter jets from Russia and make no mistake they are advanced.

Although the US ships have AA missiles as well as huge gatling guns for defense.

I really hope they don't provoke China to sail a big fleet just off the coast of China is just asking for trouble in my opnion. Yes they could launch nukes against the USA but they won't dare as they know they'll retaliate in kind. Nobody wants a holocaust and besides doesn't the US have the SDI defense system?

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by gtgabe
The missile shield seems like a good idea... but China is not a threat (yet).

Gtgabe the ChiComs have ICBM's that could ruin my July 4th weekend here in California.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyboy211
China has a big military not to mention the largest air force in the world? With enough fighters they could sink most of those american carriers. They can buy the latest fighter jets from Russia and make no mistake they are advanced.

For real now, were did you get you information. The PLAAF may have a large number of planes on paper, but so did the Iraqis.
globalsecurity.org...

As of 2003 they have 133 Su-27SK's, 76 Su-30mmk's., and maybe 180 J-8's. The range on those fighters are very limited and they US won't oblige thier AF buy sitting a few miles offshore. ALso, no doubt that thses task forces will have several Ticonderoga and Arleigh Burke class ships with them. Also, they would essentially strip thier country of all of its 4th generations fighters for such a dubious attempt to hit a fw carriers. The flip side is even if the US wanted to invade the mainland it would be hard pressed to make a dent in the PLA.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
lol who knows eh, we are forgeting black ops stuff too that USA has an could deploy in a war on china
bet ya its some scary stuff too,no doubt china has black ops as well.

As for nukes well who knows maybe we got a defence grid up that can handle many many missiles possibl even 100's of missiles, lasers, anti missil missiles.

i think we have better weapons just waiting tobe deployed in times of proper trouble, then we show em who's boss.

Heres a thought china launch nukes on usa, usa nuke back, plus usa could also launch space shuttle an drag an mini asteroid back an nudge it towards china an boom bye china for good.

[edit on 3-7-2004 by blobby]

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
yeah and liie most of the world
I must've got my information wrong about China's airforce oops hehe

What are the gatling guns called on the aircraft carriers? very effective

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Wow! That many squids all in one place? All I can say is somebody better bring a LOT of beer!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   
All this fear of China....give it a rest.

like China really wants to conflict with its biggest customer....that would be dumb.

Neither China or the USA are going to push the Tiawan issue, there is way too much $$$$ being made to want to have a conflict now.

China does want its little pocket dictator lil kim in N.Korea to chill out tho...and i think that if things heat up between the USA and N..Korea, China will play a great role, not in conflict with the west, but in conjunction or even as the "lead" country involved.

This would allow China to show world leadership without being a "menace"...this would keep the USA from being the "big bully", by letting China lead, safe face, and exercise their power regionally in their backyard.
This would keep the trade betweeen China and the USA flowing while dealing with a N.korean conflict.

The USA naval exercises are definatly both a serious practice scenario as well as a show of might.....countries that need to understand this might include, pakistan, afganistan the other .....astans surrounding pakistan...Iran, and several African nations.

Th USA millitary is running at high levels now-a-days, but we are no where near peak operational capasity....This is important for rouge or even friendly countries to see, that we still have a ton or whoop butt in the can, just practicing for the time its set loose....
Dont tread on the USA.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Why on Gods green earth are we trying to wake up the sleeping giant?

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
If America try to pull anything in our waters there will be no second thought about it at all, kiss goodbye to your carrier...

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyboy211

Although the US ships have AA missiles as well as huge gatling guns for defense.

I really hope they don't provoke China to sail a big fleet just off the coast of China is just asking for trouble in my opnion. Yes they could launch nukes against the USA but they won't dare as they know they'll retaliate in kind. Nobody wants a holocaust and besides doesn't the US have the SDI defense system?

no, the USAF is the largest in the world, the US navy is the largest in the world and the US army is the 2nd largest.

sure china has nukes but not very many and only like 15 or so icmb's, the chinese nuclear threat is not too big and launching nukes against the US would be pointless, if america and china ever go to war it wont be nuclear war unless america starts getting over run by chinese forces.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Oh, sure, 'only' 15 ICBMs.
As long as it's enough to start an MAD, then 15 or 15000, it doesnt matter.
and we all know that just one nuke is enough to start up an MAD, because fingers and nukes will fly after that one explosion. Today's nukes can affect thousands of miles in radius from detonation point.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrickmastertricK
Some more info on the operation
www.cffc.navy.mil...

Is it just me, or does this open the door to attack the US? Of course I am asking this as a hypothetical, but damn near The whole Navy is gone, who's watching the watchers?

[edit on 1-7-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

Id say the Air Force...itd be hard to land any invasion forces under our air cover, and if its ICBM's what the heck can the navy do?

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by browha
Oh, sure, 'only' 15 ICBMs.
As long as it's enough to start an MAD, then 15 or 15000, it doesnt matter.
and we all know that just one nuke is enough to start up an MAD, because fingers and nukes will fly after that one explosion. Today's nukes can affect thousands of miles in radius from detonation point.

15 wont do much, sure a few million would be killed but still china doesnt have enough to use MAD, and chinese nukes are much less powerful than american or russian nukes, 15 would cause alot of damage but not enough to destroy the country so yes the number does matter quite a bit.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
15 well placed nukes and you can say goodbye to America.
let's say..
DC, New York, Los Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, San Francisco, Boston...
still gives you 8 to play with.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrickmastertricK
Some more info on the operation
www.cffc.navy.mil...

Is it just me, or does this open the door to attack the US? Of course I am asking this as a hypothetical, but damn near The whole Navy is gone, who's watching the watchers?

[edit on 1-7-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

no not even half the navy is gone, the navy is pretty huge.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   

15 well placed nukes and you can say goodbye to America.
let's say..
DC, New York, Los Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, San Francisco, Boston...
still gives you 8 to play with.

except miami but still.

[edit on 5-7-2004 by namehere]

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Well.. the term ICBM means inter-contenintal ballistic missiles.
China-> America is pretty much the main continent 'shift' down there, I dont see them designing their ICBMs for many other targets.
Look at the definitiion of the term ICBM.
plus, I'm sure if they can get a man into space, they can guide an ICBM to any place in the world. That was why America was so scared when the Russians put up Sputnik

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Well.. the term ICBM means inter-contenintal ballistic missiles.
China-> America is pretty much the main continent 'shift' down there, I dont see them designing their ICBMs for many other targets.
Look at the definitiion of the term ICBM.
plus, I'm sure if they can get a man into space, they can guide an ICBM to any place in the world. That was why America was so scared when the Russians put up Sputnik

ok, im partly wrong, china has 20 that can hit the US except southern florida, but theres still more cities that would need to be destroyed to have the impact you suggest, yes it would cripple the US but not destroy it.

found this fact interesting " each of these 20 Chinese missiles are unfueled, without their warheads mated and not very accurate."
ps: if it wasnt for clinton and his crappy military, intelligence funding and giving missle parts away, china wouldnt have icbm's right now.

[edit on 5-7-2004 by namehere]

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
All china would have to do now would be too bomb all of Iraqs whore houses and they would wipe out 40% of American troops (on the ground) then go and bomb all the Gay clubs in Iraq and get the other 60%.

America does not want a war with China, and yes above was a joke, America wants wars with little brown people that cant fire big bombs or even get planes off the runway, surly you can all see that?! America wont go into N.C either , as they do have big bombs and they might just use them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join