It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The first 12 hours of a U.S. dollar collapse!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
This is one scary scenerio

The vid is called "The Day the Dollar Died" and I am aware there is a thread with this title but to see it laid out like this is freightening IMHO, as it feels very close to how things could develop.

www.youtube.com...

If someone can embed this, please do and thanks in advance.

Hope you are all prepared...better to be safe than sorry.

Mods please move as desired.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Mythkiller

It could be a real scenario. Get ready for it, but don't panic. Live your life.

Thanks for sharing that.

Sekos

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Mythkiller

I wonder how they chose the dollar values for gold, silver, etc. $4000 / ounce for gold, kinda sensationalist.

I'm not sold on the fiat currency implosion just yet... while the system is wrought with untold amounts of corruption, scams and what-not... that has a stabilizing effect as well. When there are no rules for those who are running the game, they can keep changing them and always find something to keep the system going. Following the rules is what will make the system collapse, and to be honest, I don't see that happening any time soon.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
We need a couple of really bad days on Wall street. If gold went to $4000 an ounce that means the silver\gold ratio would be forty to one, I don't care for that much. I was hoping that when the dollar failed the silver\gold ratio would be it's historic fifteen to one. Not saying I want to see the dollar fail. I hope for the contrary.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a very plausible scenario indeed.
S&F

something we need to watch

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Hmmm,.
I will place my bets on nothing happening
Particularly when it is one of the largest shopping seasons of the year.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Great video, nice find.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Hmmm,.
I will place my bets on nothing happening
Particularly when it is one of the largest shopping seasons of the year.

Then you're a moron. If you're buying ANYTHING this holiday season without paying CASH you're an idiot.

Don't go into debt for Christmas shopping for stuff that most people can do without. All the smart money is saying that in 2010-2011 you should do everything you can to make sure you don't have any debt.

After all, it's not like most people who celebrate Christmas are actually Christians or celebrate it for what it originally stood for. I would estimate that in well over 90% of American homes, even in those who claim to be Christian, the baby Jesus is hardly mentioned on Christmas Day.

I'm atheist, and I don't celebrate Christmas. To call it a "celebration of family" is hypocritical, especially if you're non Christian.

It amuses me the number of people who claim to be atheist, but then jump all over the Christmas holidays every year.

I'm not really saying Bah Humbug, I'm just saying that if you're a true atheist, then the most hypocritical thing you can do all year is celebrate Christmas, the celebration of the Birth of the Son of God.

I'm also not African-American, but to me, Kwanza makes so much more sense as a celebration of family and friends.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mythkiller
This is one scary scenerio

The vid is called "The Day the Dollar Died" and I am aware there is a thread with this title but to see it laid out like this is freightening IMHO, as it feels very close to how things could develop.

Another National Inflation Association rip-off in my opinion...right down to the title. We need to credit popular blogger/ZeroHedge contributor John Galt with both the title, and the original concept.

18 The Day the Dollar Died
02:35 by John Galt. Filed under: Part I,The Day The Dollar Died Series
by John Galt

November 18, 2009

The following story in italics is a potential fictional time line for the day the dollar died. I hope not to instill fear or loathing but to give everyone some perspective on a POSSIBLE outcome which does not really take much of a reach to come to any conclusion. Despite popular belief and promises from those who wish to rob you of your savings and investments, the collapse of the dollar might just be an event measured in hours, not days as their control is not what it seems…..

Full Text

The NIA is nothing more than a cadre of well known YouTube stock promoters. If you were frightened into subscribing to their "free" newsletter.....Caveat Emptor!

Please refer to www.abovetopsecret.com... for additional background information on the National Inflation Association.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

With a response like that,
You just put your IQ out here
nice,.
you must have looked in the mirror when you said that

silly poster

edit on 25-11-2010 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Angry Danish

Gold prices have more than doubled within 10 years wihout a SHTF worldwide moment. The last 3 years have pushed it upwards but stocks have also remained steady and so has the Dow and dollar index. This scenario is all about a dollar crash which means investor confidence remains in the only form of currency worth anything that the US has, which is gold, hence the price surge. Not at all sensationalist, actually I would expect it to go higher, especially if there was a hyperinflation precipice reached.Hyperinflation is NOT an extension of inflation, they are separate animals. Hyperinflation is when there is ZERO requirement for the currency from outside of that nation, hence the trillion dollar Zimbabwean notes, the Wiemar era of wallpapering or stoking the stove with money b ecause no one wants it or needs it.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
QE4 is announced before QE2 ends? yeah that's likely. Second, Bernanke wouldn't tell the president that any QE would increase the value of the dollar...that's ludicrous and he didn't say it about QE2. I'm not saying a collapse of our economy isn't possible, just the reasons for why it happens are completely wrong and unrealistic. The federal reserve acts discreetly. Would the federal reserve inject 1.5 trillion dollars into the markets at once? No. and that's with me reading secrets of the federal reserve and believing every word of it. If, and probably when imo,the markets collapse, you won't hear a single word about the federal reserve.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Know thy enemy.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I would like to add that everything else is completely possible, and probable. It's just very little is possible concerning the federal reserve. They've already done QE2 which is enough to destroy the economy on its own. It's too late to stop imo. In a couple years the economy *may* collapse but they'll come up with some bogus reason, like its china's fault or consumers stopped spending.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
the human body is not designed to eat gold.food is the real currency.if you will notice,the cash for gold ads are slowly dissappearing.now the adds on tv are ,invest in gold! the only real drive for gold has been in the computer chip manufacturing.moores law will be taking effect soon.so gold will collapse soon and the big gold holders are now trying to take their profits .dont buy in to the gold investment scam.the next big thing is carbon nanitubes which will replace gold and hold back moores law a little longer.south america is where the profits are but this wont last long as the u.s. is trying, as we speak, to destablelize south america.the only secure place to invest ones money is in the toilet paper industry,and the food industry.because people will always eat and always poop.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Angry Danish

Not sure but...

Since money is but a piece of paper with some 'value' added to it so it has no real value per se as where Gold is a real commodity, it is also a very rare one. The less of something there is in circulation, the more it is worth. People will want to sell their dollar (value goes down) and buy more gold (value goes up).

Knowing how much currency and gold is in current circulation, one could estimate it`s value if such a collapse were to happen.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
if this happens would it effect the uk? if so how? and to what extent and for how long. thanks in advance.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Playing Devil's Advocate here, but if China Quit's US Treasuries, won't it take a huge nose dive themselves, so many countries hold US Treasuries, won't it affect even China's alllies?

They got in bed with the Devil as well as every other nation and the Devil doesn't let go.

I'm also under the impression that the Bankers own the world "quite true if you examine the facts", what you will find is that we will have another 9/11 were another 10 trillion worth of unaccounted money will dissapear once again there by countering "or keeping in control" inflation and the debt... that's what happened on 9/11, im sure it will happen again.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I watched the video and all I took away was a commercial to buy gold and silver; and subscribe to inflation nation/or whatever that magazine was. There is no way to predict a scenario like that. Our govt may screw things up (as they certainly are), but they are really good at slowing things down so much that most ingnorant people barely notice it between their tv and cell phones. This doom and gloom video was too precise in some aspects (prices of gold/silver), and then it randomly adds that there will be a lot of fires.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join