The first 12 hours of a U.S. dollar collapse!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Over all, the US housing has lost 50 percent of its value....and that isn't counting the consequences of derivitives not on the books yet, and the forclosure gate...
QE I and 2 bode aproximately a 30 percent reduction in the US standard of living.
you have about 900 banks in the danger zone.
plus the already failed...

The dollar has lost over 95 percent of its value since 1913

Whats this about "might" and "waiting" ?

Oh BTW, the amount of silver coins it took to buy a house in the thirties, will buy a house today...
say no more say no more
edit on 25-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Yeah keep buying gold ill keep buying more guns and ammo to take your worthless gold.
Come on people gold will be useless in a situation like this. Food, ammo, water, and shelter will become the number one thing in a global meltdown. Only stupid people think gold will become the new currency in a situation like this. Don't believe me? Well speak to someone thats in your local militia and they will tell you to stop wasting your money and start becoming prepared.

Interesting vid though if you wanna scare the sheep in America
S&F for you.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

After all, it's not like most people who celebrate Christmas are actually Christians or celebrate it for what it originally stood for. I would estimate that in well over 90% of American homes, even in those who claim to be Christian, the baby Jesus is hardly mentioned on Christmas Day.

actually christmas is not originally even an christian celebration, they just 'hijacked' it for their own use. And why is it wrong to just celebrate with family when it's now days more of a Giftmas than christmas?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazrmau5
Yeah keep buying gold ill keep buying more guns and ammo to take your worthless gold.
Come on people gold will be useless in a situation like this. Food, ammo, water, and shelter will become the number one thing in a global meltdown. Only stupid people think gold will become the new currency in a situation like this. Don't believe me? Well speak to someone thats in your local militia and they will tell you to stop wasting your money and start becoming prepared.

Interesting vid though if you wanna scare the sheep in America
S&F for you.

What you fail to realize that all the people who are buying up the gold and more importantly the silver are way way ahead of you buying your guns and ammo. I hear the same thing all the time on may threads.."ill spend my money on canned food and ammo". Problem is that all the folks who WISELY invested in the precious metals which has been the currency for hundreds if not thousands of years can buy as many guns and hire mercenaries, build fortresses etc so that you and your cans of tomato soup and 44 magnum don't have a hope of obtaining. Now on the slim possibility that a nuclear bomb goes off in every major city , you may survive at best a few weeks with cans of food and some guns, but in the end there has to be a form of currency to buy guns, food and other necessities with which of course will be gold and silver. So you will be left with your cans of tomato soup and 44.
Point being is that you should definitely invest in some silver or gold bullion if you can afford to not cans of soup and bullets.

Better yet , why not do both? I already have several hunting guns and plenty of ammo. I guess I could stock up on some food and water as well!!
edit on 25-11-2010 by nepafogo because: (no reason given)[/ed

A Response from OBE1 on another discussion I was involved in: The book referenced is a very good read if you have time.

I often wonder why folks prepping for armageddon don't study the performance of precious metals in the context of real life SHTF events. From Weimar, to Eastern Europe, to Zimbabwe & Argentina, history is littered with examples...precious metals not only rocket in value, but they ultimately become the currency of choice.

In recent Argentina, the chances for survival actually increased in urban environments...neighbors provide security. If you were holed-up on an isolated farm/ranch you were a target. Gangs roaming the rural districts would lay siege to a farm/ranch, kill the inhabitants, take up residence, exhaust all supplies...then move on to the next one and repeat. I'm a staunch proponent of gun ownership, but everyone has to sleep sometime...a fact not lost on determined criminals in rural Argentina. Similar situation occured in Weimar. Farmers/ranchers refused to bring their products to town in exchange for a rapidly deteriorating reichsmark (they did accept Gold/Silver). Hungry townsfolk raided their granaries, fields, and livestock.

Recommended reading...When Money Dies: The Nightmare of the Weimar Hyper-Inflation
edit on 25-11-2010 by nepafogo because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
That video was most certainty intriguing.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
IMHO it is unrealistic that this scenario would happen within few days. A hyperinflation needs several month. But overall it's a fact that devaluation of the dollar is happening, the euro is also devaluating. Some BRIC countries such as Russia and China stopped to trade in Dollar and FED is printing money like crazy.
This calls the FED Quantitative Easing. Here is a video which explains this glorious idea

Gerald Celente predicts a financial armageddon(video here). James Turk is another expert and his view is very similar to Celentes (video here).
edit on 25-11-2010 by Fenrin because: (no reason given)
edit on 25-11-2010 by Fenrin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
So QE4 is enacted before QE2 ends? The federal reserve pumps $1.5 trillion dollars into the system at once? The fed says more Quantitative easing will raise the value of the dollar? They even admitted that it would lower the value of the dollar for this round of QE.
While I do think our economy is going to collapse, it will be due to QE2 as well as the fed keeping interest rates low for too long. It will probably start soon after the federal reserve raises the interest rates(That's what the fed does before EVERY recession and depression). Everything is wrong about the federal reserve, they wouldn't do that, and that's with me having read "Secrets of the Federal Reserve" by Mullins. The federal reserve works in subtle ways. Everything else seems possible, especially the date.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
everyone a millionaire: [font=Georgia] wheel barrows full of money just to buy a loaf of bread. This is the image attributed to the runaway inflation in weimar republic. consider this. What if everyone had a million dollars, but did not spend it. It's called discipline, and one does not have to increase their spending. Splashing money around to feel powerful is dumb. If there is zero more money in circulation then there is no inflation. The reason economists feel confident saying more money printed equals inflation is because they have zero faith that Americans will actually save any of it. Especially when it's so easy to make frightening videos about runaway inflation that dare you to save it and lose. I'm here to remind us that saving money is also an antidote to inflation.

amassing gold: There is a down side. A country that reorganizes around gold after a lot of inflation becomes a rich target for invasion. Don't people still talk about how much gold there was in Germany after the war?

Do you know why there are zero financial shows that say spend less and save more. Cause it works. The savings rate of a nation is a huge factor in economic equations. A rate of 3% is very easy to increase. Moving it to 4% is the same thing as 133% percent increase in savings. This is huge, would have a major impact, and is almost painless.

household debt [color=gold]decreased for the first time since 1952!

freefrombroke.com...

Of course this is not good for people trying to confiscate wealth through giving out easy access to credit, or trying to cash in on their gold.... so.... yeah, expect more and more hysterical videos like this one.

And by savings I mean local savings. Fork the big banks, they blew their chance.

David Grouchy[/font]
edit on 25-11-2010 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
It'll happen - and when it does, know that it's prophecy being fulfilled. You may deny it now, or even then, but you will not be able to deny any of it when God crushes every kingdom now standing.

Ezekiel 7:19 They will throw their silver into the streets, and their gold will seem like something filthy. Their silver and gold will be unable to save them in the day of the LORD's wrath. They will not satisfy their appetites or fill their stomachs, for these were the stumbling blocks that brought about their iniquity.

-----------

"There will be no peace on Earth until My Son's Kingdom. I will crush every kingdom now standing and rock the earth off its foundation. I Yahweh will destroy every enemy to My throne, and who can stop Me? Who can turn back My anger? No one." - Yahweh

Matthew 10:34 "Don't assume that I came to bring peace on the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

Exodus 15:3 "The LORD is a warrior; Yahweh is His name."

Yahweh, our God and Creator pours out His wrath upon mankind leading up to Armageddon. It is His will that you all know exactly where it is coming from.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenovni

Well that was a bunch of Tea Party and gold-tard propaganda.

The two biggest groups that live off of fear...

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by flamingmonkey

What do you live off of? Denial?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
the reason the stock market goes up in this climate isn't because of value.
There is no increase in value on the american markets, the manufacturing that creates value is all off shore...
the increase in numbers is from INFLATION...
Well, once you put all the items that have been removed from the basket of indicators since Reagan's time back in the basket of indicators, that becomes painfully obvious

Well, for the common man, just gas up the car and go shopping, that will tell you about the real inflation rate.

but there has to be belief in that value to keep it..
so expect some denial
yesterday (wed 24 ) ther were 8000 sells to 1 buy on the s and p

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Mythkiller

thanks 'MytHkILLER"!... now i have to go change my underwear!

grrrrr

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Although the scenario is not totally off the deep end, it's VERY unlikely that all these events would happen in a 12 hour _

As for gold vs guns preparation ... gold was confiscated during the Great Depression. And know that, during the wars in Yugoslavia and Iraq ... the old currency was thrown out and replaced with new currency. The key point is that there is no absolute "store of wealth" or "medium of exchange" that you can 100% rely on.

You need to have diversified holdings ... gold, silver, different currencies, hard goods. And best of all, products or services/skills that people will always need.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Mythkiller

When the Dollar is useless would the mark of the beast come into play? And i wonder :O

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Interesting video.

Much of the projected scenario is outlandish.

-China doesn't hold nearly as much T-bills as are held domestically. Plus, they couldn't dump their bonds if they just deemed them useless. That alone does not make sense. They would lose more than we would in this scenario. Also, China knows that it is even more guilty than us at monetary manipulation.

-OPEC can't dump the dollar in a matter of hours. It would forfiet millions of multinational contracts and billions of barrels of oil. A more likely scenario if the above China crap goes down is that OPEC countries like Kuwait, UAE, and Saudi Arabia will race to bail the dollar out to protect their own commodity.

What I have said repeatedly is that we will not know it is all over for the dollar until we look in hindsight. I am thinking more of a Soviet style collapse. It will be a fairly organized international effort and will have already happened when we are told about it. The civil unrest won't happen until the system reorganizes and the insurgency begins here at home.

The collapse will not be so dramatic, and we may only be able to witness it in hindsight.

edit to add: I wonder if we have already collapsed and the powers that be are picking up the pieces before they allow us to know it even happened.... something to think about.

Also: I think we are still a ways off from such a collapse. But, you never know.
edit on 25-11-2010 by DINSTAAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost374

I think you must have missed the text at the very beginning of the video which stated the date was December 2012. The video posits that by December 2012 we will be on QE4.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
China cannot get out of the dollar. If they do they are going to be as messed up as everyone else. The current global economy is too inter-dependent for something like that to occur. People quit fear mongering. The reality is that, yes, our economy could go into a depression caused by bad policies and corruption run free for too long but it will not be caused by another country. They are all working together in this mess. It's called the "New World Order" and China is in it.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by spokaneman1983

I agree with you. I think, if anything, China would try and stop the US from doing something that is detrimental to itself because China would lose too.

China can't dump the dollar now. No one can. The only people that seem to be sabotaging the dollar is us.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I just watched a bunch of these videos by the National Inflation association. very compelling.

Spot on.
No wonder they want to shut down the internet with so much information out in the open like this. Anyone with acess to youtube can see for themselves how the system is killing us by design.

star and flag

I also just watched this one called Debt Slave that was really shocking.
I just got in credit card debt for the first time in my 30 year life. I haven't seen a dentist in 10 years with no insurance but I finally had to do it. I've avoided it and avoided it and I've made minimum wage like 10k a year to starve the system of tax revenue they would use to murder people in the middle east. It's a tough world we live in. I live in a big city but I want to be out in the wilderness away from this sick lie our civilization has become. I figure when worse comes to worse, if I watch enough man vs wild I could probably make it off the grid. We still have that option to escape before we all become real prisoners microchipped like cattle in some work camp like china has been doing for some time now.

I figure we have a little time yet. They can still milk the sheeple a bit more before the slaughter begins. Theres still a few people around with jobs and spending money but the middle class is dwindling.

I tell everyone I know to prepare for total collapse. Coworkers, random customers, roommates, and you random people on internet forums. Organize with people you know. Whose got the water, the food, the guns etc. I even have a gas mask. I'm so prepared for situation x I'm even looking forward to it. I love anarchy, the world is gonna be so punk and mad max road warrior soon you wont believe it. Just form a strong tribe with your locals and learn the old ways that worked for thousands of years. We will overcome whatever rough times are in store.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join