It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which Country Is A Better Alternative Than The U.S.?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
The problem with your request is that you also need a place with "decent job opportunities". Those places are usually big cities in developed countries, and those countries are all part of the same global scam. There are obviously cultural differences between the US and for example Norway, Italy, Brazil, or Australia, but the system that rules all important aspects of society, in all developed countries, is more or less the same as in the US. The best places to live at this point in time, are small or even very small towns, far away from metropolitan areas, in any developed country. We need to find a few habitable planets with no intelligent life, and a way to colonize it. We are running out of time and space here on Earth !

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by EFGuy
reply to post by Sahabi

Here are couple of countries you may want to keep in mind>>
>Norway
>Iceland - if you love snow
>Switzerland
>New Zealand

The four have highest standard of living in the world.

edit on 24-11-2010 by EFGuy because: (no reason given)

The first 3 countries are no good because there are no surfing beaches.

New Zealand has a few but not many.

There is only one answer to this question. Australia

But I am a little biased.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
We getting cameras put up everywhere in NZ too especially auckland CBD, now one up the road at an intersection way out of the city, proper sony face recognition/tracking/movement sensitive cameras, i have worked with the same models before in a private installation, they are exceptionally good at doing what they need to do, the zoom is amazing from such a small camera. They are there for the coming next bankruptcy of the debtors which is going to be harder than the last few along with perhaps some other planetary issues. Don't think you can outrun the NWO moving to another country, they've been here for thousands of years

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I would have to say that Denmark or Switzerland would be good options. They are the two highest rated countries on the satisfaction with life index. I think the distribution of wealth is a little better than the United States also. Maybe Austria too.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp
reply to post by byteshertz

just wondering, what makes you think that n.z. will survive an economic collapse better than anywhere else?

During this latest recession the NZ economy has been one of the most sheltered to the downturn in the world, with unemployment almost half that of the US for the duration. That said, it's an export based economy so it's not immune to the economic conditions of the rest of the world.

NZ is like a less American Australia. I hear if you come from California you will be frustrated at the lack of parking.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Honestly, you don't have to leave the country. Live like the Amish do. No debt, self-reliant, self-contained. They have no need for the social infrastructure. They own their land, horses, homes, etc. If there were a total collapse of the American dollar tomorrow, the Amish would be in the best possible position.

Really, that is the secret to subverting the "man's" control...do buy into or use their system. Be debt free and self-reliant.
edit on 25-11-2010 by General.Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Well its not perfect but canada is a good place, we dont have camras everywhere (although i think we should) the good thing about camras is, no one is going to rape steal or murder if they know they are on camra, if camras are everywhere crime goes down alot.

But you do make a point, there is no perfect place to live, i wish there was, maybe one day all the good logical minded will create a new place to live, live and peace and respectful of others.

Too many are reproducing, with random strangers and mostly its because those men dont want to be called gay, so they will reproduce with just about anyone (std or no) because thier peers will call them faggots if they dont.

I think the human race is spilting in two, one a stupid basic minded (mate feed kill repeat) and the other a more intellgent logical minded (only 10-25% of total population) i wish the percentage was higher.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Azp420

my personal opinion is that you guys are just behind the curve.

For some countries wool production is expected to decline. In the case of New Zealand, production is forecast to decline by 3% to 178 mkg, but it could fall by more as recent severe cold weather and storms resulted in a large number of ewe and lamb deaths on the South Island. In Uruguay, initial forecasts were for an increase in production, but the Uruguayan Ministry for Agriculture’s new estimates show that sheep numbers at the start of the 2010/11 season were 9% lower than a year earlier. Wool production will therefore be lower than last season’s 38 mkg greasy. Wool production in other countries such as Australia, China, Argentina and Russia is expected to

here is a good link concerning n.z.'s exports. wool.

wool.landmark.com.au... donlyres/01FF2D08-5A19-4F5B-85A1-91E3704397E9/0/Wool_Economic_Focus_Oct_2010.pdf

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Reading through this thread it seems like the concensus is that New Zeland is the most awsome place to live ever.

Maybe I'll move there...

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
Greetings and may Peace be with you.

Me and my family have been discussing the possibility of leaving America.
Here is a crude list of my major complaints against living in the U.S., in no particular order:

Monaco is the best place for all of those things you list.
edit on 25-11-2010 by trailertrash because: typo

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
These are facts that should convince you America is unsafe and is going down for the count
- The deficit and economic policies are designed to bankrupt America. America remains in two wars that were started by lying to the public. Government continues to expand
- 42,400 factories, 75% employing more than 500 people moved offshore
- Politicans want you to fear an enemy AlQaeda that is really a CIA asset
- The Public is dumbed down or in denial. They do not take the future seriously. Proof they voted for Pelaosi, Reid and Frank
- There is no dual paradigm in govt. Both parties are controlled by the same globalist bankers.
- The US is building 13 military bases in Afghanistan for a future war with Russia

If you have the wherewithall to get out of America do so. Get out of dollars. Everyone else with any sense is doing the same.

- The Northern Hemisphere will be a war zone. I chose Panama. I now have to rethink that decision. Why? The canal is a military target for a nuke. The Panamanian population is not well educated. I have a stepson with an 80 IQ that does not study and likely he will pass grade 10. An uneducated population could be a big danger in the event of social chaos. It has a dollarized economy and when the dollar collapses who will they blame.
Uruguay now looks like a good choice. Immigration is easy and Uruguay uses it's own currency which is an advantage when the reserve currency is collapsing. Uruguay after Chile is the least corrupt latin american country. It is peaceful and crime is low unlike it's neighbors like Argentina.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

An important consideration in finding a place to live is ease with which residency can be obtained. New Zealand would be a highly desireable place to live but immigration and residency is not easy.
The longer you hold off on making your decision the more limited your options become. Immigration rules change daily and often not for the better.
If you intend to move out figure out where to go and start the process now before it becomes impossible.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

French Pollenesia if i spelled it right - There is no way war will go there and on a boat other wise because you can travel away from places

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
the thing about Canada is that we have space.
if things got anarchistic in the states everyone will be running around waving guns and well....
just go to the survival gun threads and read the logics and favourite weapons etc...

For example: if they hadn't enacted stickt dear hunting rules, deer would be extinct in the states, imagine how quick that would happen today if the rules were suddenly suspended.

I understanfd NZ would be my second choice if not for Canada, even better, a nice decent sized sail boat.

hey, Dave Spanners your problem was you settled for just one french girl...
to make that work better have several, the competition brings out the really good girl in them, LOL
( have a good one whereever you wind up, I hope)
Where I am they are french irish indian.....
Being snowed in isn't the worst thing that could happen

( just glove that thumb! )
edit on 25-11-2010 by Danbones because: well, I was thinkin 'bout what I was posting- can you spell with no blood flow to the brain?

edit on 25-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Germany, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Canada, etc.

Studies show they enjoy greater happiness, highest quality of life, advanced environmental protections, higher intelligence, free medical care/higher education/paid maternity leave, better health, more freedom/opportunity, the list goes on, than America or most other countries.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by General.Lee
Honestly, you don't have to leave the country. Live like the Amish do. No debt, self-reliant, self-contained. They have no need for the social infrastructure. They own their land, horses, homes, etc. If there were a total collapse of the American dollar tomorrow, the Amish would be in the best possible position.

Really, that is the secret to subverting the "man's" control...do buy into or use their system. Be debt free and self-reliant.
edit on 25-11-2010 by General.Lee because: (no reason given)

Good idea... that, or live in an Intentional Community:

www.ic.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Please all you soft F@##$ can leave for all I care! I have a family too. But you people are no different than all the other immigrants that leave their own country instead of trying to change it, nooo that takes hard work and risk
that are forefathers took. We all remembered what happened to them, they lost almost everything.So times are really tough, jump ship you @#$%%! You wouldn't know tough times, hell everybody in this country is a bunch of spoiled brats who think of only them selves not their country. Good, get the hell out, you would just get in the way of the real soldiers trying to fix this way of life.

P.S. when me and the revolutionaries fix this place, will send you a memo so you can crawl your pitiful arses back
with your tale still between your legs. Of course you will not be able to run for any elected office, but we have a special place for traitors.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kemal
Definitely somewhere in Scandinavia or New Zealand indeed.

Exactly! My wife and I have been talking about this very idea. We have talked about Scandinavia/Denmark too. As I started reading, my first though was New Zealand. Also Bali. Bali is a stretch, but it is a wonderful place.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I'd like to throw Canada out there as well. As a canuk, I'm over all pretty happy with my country. I believe we have a good balance between public social programs like health care, and a strong private sector with some decent ground rules that have kept us from getting into the same trouble the US has found it's self in with the mortgage defaults.

If anything the aspects of Canada I haven't been happy about, relate to our current conservative government, which has tried to use a very US style of leadership. Our G20 was a police state disaster in my opinion.

That however is only a current state. I still believe the society offered in Canada with it's real multiculturalism, wealth, and opportunity is one of the best places to live in the word! Governments will come and go, but the personality of Canada will always be one of exceptance, brotherhood, and of course politeness .

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I actually hear (outside of this forum) that Denmark is a cool place to be........

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join