It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by TheApachekid
Please all you soft F@##$ can leave for all I care! I have a family too. But you people are no different than all the other immigrants that leave their own country instead of trying to change it, nooo that takes hard work and risk
that are forefathers took. We all remembered what happened to them, they lost almost everything.So times are really tough, jump ship you @#$%%! You wouldn't know tough times, hell everybody in this country is a bunch of spoiled brats who think of only them selves not their country. Good, get the hell out, you would just get in the way of the real soldiers trying to fix this way of life.
P.S. when me and the revolutionaries fix this place, will send you a memo so you can crawl your pitiful arses back
with your tale still between your legs. Of course you will not be able to run for any elected office, but we have a special place for traitors.
Originally posted by metalpr
you can move to Haiti anytime if you don't like the US
Originally posted by intrepid
Not to rain on anyones parade but leaving your country instead of trying to correct what's wrong just seems, well, wrong imo. We have plenty of problems in Canada but I'll be damned if I'm leaving. Vacations aside of course.
Greetings and may Peace be with you.
Me and my family have been discussing the possibility of leaving America.
Here is a crude list of my major complaints against living in the U.S., in no particular order:
• Video Surveillance everywhere! I feel frustration and a sense of invasion at the thought that my every movement is or potentially will be monitored. Cameras at most intersections, cameras on many streets, cameras on the highways, cameras everywhere!
• TSA overstepping the 4th Amendment. The thought of anyone scanning or groping my girlfriend, little sister, mother, girls in my family, or anyone else is filling me with outrage to the point I fantacize of breaking noses of TSA agents. I now refuse to travel by air. What's next if we accept this? Checkpoints at street intersections? Random home searches?
• Senate Bill 510, and all the other legislation regarding natural herbs (not talking about marijuana) and organic food. God be damned if it will be illegal to grow some vegetables in my backyard! I enjoy my garden, and I love shopping at local farmer's markets. I do not want to be force fed the crap they pass for food such as GMOs, toxically fertilized fruits and vegetables, growth hormone injected meat, and so on.
• Police violence. The last couple years incidents of unnecessary police brutality, beatings, taserings, and even death in police custody has steadily risen. And there seems to be no major disciplinary action or condemnation.
Again reports from millions of incidences. I'm not discarding or patronizing the actions but people are people. The internet affords us of things we never heard of 20 years ago, is that right? NO it isn't, I suppose I'm very fortunate to live in a community that the cops are not only 'public servants', but go a bit beyond their call of duty to be the good neighbor too. I heard it's hot in hell, and that's why good people strive to avoid it.
• The Patriot Act. 'Nuff said!!!
This is your best point so far and I cannot counter your misgivings here.
I will add that I tire of people using this as a soap box to blame everything that is not going right with their world today. I hope if you are struggling now that it will be a short struggle. I cannot fight the bankers and work myself to be free of their reign over me, but that's just me. Bitching about the sun coming up in the east and setting in the west ain't gonna put food on my table if someone agrees with my point of view. I see that as the rules I have to scheme around, and so I put my vegetables south of the house since I live in the Northern hemisphere.
• Deterriorating family structure. Glamorizing and propagating having children out of wedlock, having multiple "baby mommas / baby daddies," the norm of daycares and throwing parents into nursing homes, lack of family commitment, etc.
• Over medication. Forcing us to take all sorts of medicines and drugs without giving us natural alternatives or finding the root cause of the problems. Instead of lifestyle changes to treat the cause, they only want to treat the symptoms.
Again, the abuser's fault. You have tools, learn to use them. And I send my best regards that you find the best tools to use to your and yours advantage and overcome the miserable state of states it appears to be right now. I in now way wanted to mock you or disregard your message in your OP.
I just thought that you might benefit from a different perspective on maybe at least one of the issues you raised that you could change in your life to be at least a little happier and prosperous.
So good luck fighting the good fight.
Just try to keep dear the good, and avoid the bad as much as you can, your time is short here. I didn't think really it was you that could suddenly change things for all of us, but since that hasn't happened yet doesn't mean that it can't happen.
As far as leaving America to a better place, well there are hundreds of south Pacific island independent countries like Nauru that if you have the means to sustain a good life you would be far from outsider intervention, and have spectacular beaches to look to the sky at.
I'm looking to live in a place free from genocide, war, starvation, epidemic disease, civil unrest, or totalitarian government systems. A place that is reasonably safe. A place with decent work opportunities, and adequate hospitals.