It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which Country Is A Better Alternative Than The U.S.?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheApachekid
Please all you soft F@##$ can leave for all I care! I have a family too. But you people are no different than all the other immigrants that leave their own country instead of trying to change it, nooo that takes hard work and risk
that are forefathers took. We all remembered what happened to them, they lost almost everything.So times are really tough, jump ship you @#$%%! You wouldn't know tough times, hell everybody in this country is a bunch of spoiled brats who think of only them selves not their country. Good, get the hell out, you would just get in the way of the real soldiers trying to fix this way of life.

P.S. when me and the revolutionaries fix this place, will send you a memo so you can crawl your pitiful arses back
with your tale still between your legs. Of course you will not be able to run for any elected office, but we have a special place for traitors.

well, my friend, as far as this thread goes it pretty much looks like you and me.
i'm just no so willing to let them return, even if it's on their knees.
maybe if they are actually useful in a way.
when the time comes, many of us good guys have been invited to make our last stand with the dine, native or not.
people don't understand how ready and organized many of us are.
i'm looking forward to it in some demented way.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
If you want freedom, pick the least developed country that you can find.

If you want creature comforts, stay in the U.S. or try Argentina.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

I don't doubt NZ will fall with the others. But I also think we will recover quickly. simply, because we still have enough agriculture to support ourselves if we need to, we also are well known for our ingenuity, kiwi's in general are not sheep (but some say we like em a bit much) we think outside the square and we are pretty hands on.
But hey, I could be wrong.
I also like that I can go bush in NZ and live off the land without fear of any real dangers or predators besides hypothermia - which is not an issue where I live in NZ as it is warm at night most of the year.

And lets face it when SHTF nobody wants to be in a massivly populated area - which is never a problem even in NZ cities.

edit on 25-11-2010 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

no, doubt. my only real point is that i think most of the world will be in the same basic position.
part of my beef with n.z. is it's to small. once i did the islands i wanted more.
i live in the great southwest.
a guy can't cover this area in a lifetime.
i'll admit it is partially me, most islands are not big enough.
i'll stick with the canyon country and rockies.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
"...If you have any realistic suggestions, please share your opinion.
I'm looking to live in a place free from genocide, war, starvation, epidemic disease, civil unrest, or totalitarian government systems. A place that is reasonably safe. A place with decent work opportunities, and adequate hospitals..."

Gee, I think there are a few desert islands you could go to. Luxemburg is another option if you could afford it. Southern Chile has some lovely little spots. Belize used to be nice but too much drugs there now. Bali could be a good option if you chose an outlying spot on the north coast away from the tourists.

You could take your family to some nice remote liitle places within your own country but it depends on whether you want all the luxuries that come with modern life as well as all the things you want. I know plenty of people that have what you want, but they don't have what you have and own.

My point is will you get real and do something about it tommorrow, shift and get on with it or just continue to winge and hope and do nothing and make your family and everyone else miserable.?
edit on 25-11-2010 by daggyz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I'm from India and I have to say if you're looking to 'disappear' from everything then my country is the place. More than 1 billion people who are so caught up in the banalities of everyday life that no one has time to bother you. Of course you will have to put up with a lot of pollution, traffic, corruption etc but hey, there are parts of India you could go to and you would literally cease to 'exist'. A zillion realities co exist right here and you can live any of them anytime you want with a little bit of money/time/intelligence etc. It's not a particularly easy life here by any means but it keeps you on your toes that's for sure haha.

I've travelled around the world extensively and from what I've gathered America is a great country but whenever I've been there I couldn't shake the feeling that something just wasn't right. It's like there's something or someone that's watching everything and waiting for the right moment to pull the plug.

Europe on the other hand is of course a lot better. I personally prefer the Eastern bloc or Iberian countries since people seem more lively over there unlike the zombiesque countries like Holland, France, Austria, UK, Switzerland etc.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

I'm very surprised the Free State Project has not been mentioned. New Hampshire is on the bleeding edge of increasing liberty and tearing down the police state. There are nearly 1,000 activists in New Hampshire, and a number of them have STATE SENATE positions. A large number of non-free-state members in the senate have increased their pro-liberty votes as well. There are a very wide variety of pro-liberty projects going on throughout the state. I HIGHLY recommend looking into New Hampshire as part of the Free State Project as somewhere to be shielded from the police state.
edit on 25-11-2010 by civilchallenger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

I just want to wholeheartedly thank OP for this thread. I also have been thinking about emigrating because of the ridiculous # this country is pulling as of now. I for one, live in MA, so I plan to get to Canada and then continue on after that. i'm sorry but im too paraniod about the whole NWO thing about consuming Canada and Mexico into one whole country or whatever to even risk that because if that does happen it wont matter if you live in USA or Canada the same policies and laws will exist. I recommend moving to Europe, but idk about how risky that is either since they could easily turn into a crazy NWO too, so best bet would be Africa(i know # THAT LOL), middle east(VERY unfavorable lol), somewhere in asia (but not China or Russia # THAT)... id go with nepal or like somewhere near India, idk lol just far far away from here. If # doesn't go as bad as it seems 7 years from now i might come back but its too risky now. I'm #ing scared and my family definitely won't leave so i'll leave solo if i have to.
Gov is passing ACTA soon so now the internet will be heavily monitored and censored. They can check your ipod and labtop at airports for illegal pirated music and other #, but its all just a way for them to see who's doing what like you said, invasion of privacy, ect.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Well having traveled and lived in parts of Europe and the US I can say that for the most part its not all that much better in Europe either, they may get better benefits and healthcare, but taxes on everything is very high, and many these taxes hit everyone. Even the poorest have to pay for higher priced goods because of the VAT, gas tax is very high there and everyone pays it also. So in Europe you do have it easy due to subsidized rent, welfare, and healthcare, but their spending money doesn't go a very long way either. It sucks mostly everywhere if you don't know how to play the system, America isn't bad if you try to get off grid as much as possible. I try to keep the amount of income I have to earn to a minimum, and barter and exchange a lot instead to keep more of what I earn, and have the right to spend it on lots of guns unlike in Europe. Also its easier to own more land to live off grid then in Europe so you can hunt and grow more of your food, and internet is becoming more available in rural areas too.

If you play within the system in America, and go to college, get in debt, then spend forever working off that debt and the debt you got from an overpriced house thats now worthless, you're probably screwed. If you plan on having social security, medicare, and trust you're retirement to the stock market instead of metals or other goods you probably are also. Just learn to play the game in America and its actually pretty easy to get by, for now at least. If everyone does that it also takes money away from the NWO.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalpr
you can move to Haiti anytime if you don't like the US

That is an interesting point,

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Not to rain on anyones parade but leaving your country instead of trying to correct what's wrong just seems, well, wrong imo. We have plenty of problems in Canada but I'll be damned if I'm leaving. Vacations aside of course.

I agree, it shows a selfish lack of personal responsibility and loyalty to your fellow citizens, that run away attitude, cowardice, it is actually good that people that only care about themselves leave, actually, I wouldn't want them to have my back when the going get tough.

I notice no one was interested in a ghetto in Haiti, which proves my point,

“No matter where you go - there you are”

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Hi Sahabi,

You might want to refer to The World's Most Dangerous Places by Pelton.
Caveat, it was last published in 2003, so portions may require updating.
The author makes an effort to update it on his website.
Dangerous Places by Country

Disclaimer. I gain nothing if you buy the book, I happen to have it, have read it, and found it most informative, thorough, and useful.

Best wishes in your endeavors.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Greetings and may Peace be with you.

Me and my family have been discussing the possibility of leaving America.
Here is a crude list of my major complaints against living in the U.S., in no particular order:

• Video Surveillance everywhere! I feel frustration and a sense of invasion at the thought that my every movement is or potentially will be monitored. Cameras at most intersections, cameras on many streets, cameras on the highways, cameras everywhere!

Don't break the laws then.

• TSA overstepping the 4th Amendment. The thought of anyone scanning or groping my girlfriend, little sister, mother, girls in my family, or anyone else is filling me with outrage to the point I fantacize of breaking noses of TSA agents. I now refuse to travel by air. What's next if we accept this? Checkpoints at street intersections? Random home searches?

It appears to be a troubling development we hear these days. Keep in mind that millions of people travel by air and we hear of a few incidences. I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying I never witnessed anything like this at airports. So it must be isolated incidences.

• Senate Bill 510, and all the other legislation regarding natural herbs (not talking about marijuana) and organic food. God be damned if it will be illegal to grow some vegetables in my backyard! I enjoy my garden, and I love shopping at local farmer's markets. I do not want to be force fed the crap they pass for food such as GMOs, toxically fertilized fruits and vegetables, growth hormone injected meat, and so on.

You can grow your own food. You can buy food grown by small farmers at even farmers markets, this is an exaggeration. I see your point from crazy reports of late but I seriously don't believe anyone can prevent local growing and selling of nature crops. It might be a regulation on exports blown out of proportion or mass production regulations, but in no way it effects the local road side stand, or your own private garden on your own private property. By the same TOKEn, you can grow stuff to make alcohol, you can grow and buy stuff to make methamphetamines,you can buy stuff to make bombs, but by god if you grow pot you are a bad guy all of a sudden! *wink*

• Police violence. The last couple years incidents of unnecessary police brutality, beatings, taserings, and even death in police custody has steadily risen. And there seems to be no major disciplinary action or condemnation.

Again reports from millions of incidences. I'm not discarding or patronizing the actions but people are people. The internet affords us of things we never heard of 20 years ago, is that right? NO it isn't, I suppose I'm very fortunate to live in a community that the cops are not only 'public servants', but go a bit beyond their call of duty to be the good neighbor too. I heard it's hot in hell, and that's why good people strive to avoid it.

• The Patriot Act. 'Nuff said!!!

This is your best point so far and I cannot counter your misgivings here.

I will add that I tire of people using this as a soap box to blame everything that is not going right with their world today. I hope if you are struggling now that it will be a short struggle. I cannot fight the bankers and work myself to be free of their reign over me, but that's just me. Bitching about the sun coming up in the east and setting in the west ain't gonna put food on my table if someone agrees with my point of view. I see that as the rules I have to scheme around, and so I put my vegetables south of the house since I live in the Northern hemisphere.

• Deterriorating family structure. Glamorizing and propagating having children out of wedlock, having multiple "baby mommas / baby daddies," the norm of daycares and throwing parents into nursing homes, lack of family commitment, etc.

Your fault.

• Over medication. Forcing us to take all sorts of medicines and drugs without giving us natural alternatives or finding the root cause of the problems. Instead of lifestyle changes to treat the cause, they only want to treat the symptoms.

Again, the abuser's fault. You have tools, learn to use them. And I send my best regards that you find the best tools to use to your and yours advantage and overcome the miserable state of states it appears to be right now. I in now way wanted to mock you or disregard your message in your OP.

I just thought that you might benefit from a different perspective on maybe at least one of the issues you raised that you could change in your life to be at least a little happier and prosperous.

So good luck fighting the good fight.

Just try to keep dear the good, and avoid the bad as much as you can, your time is short here. I didn't think really it was you that could suddenly change things for all of us, but since that hasn't happened yet doesn't mean that it can't happen.

As far as leaving America to a better place, well there are hundreds of south Pacific island independent countries like Nauru that if you have the means to sustain a good life you would be far from outsider intervention, and have spectacular beaches to look to the sky at.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
My quotes got kind of messed up. i hope you can follow them if you wish. I thought I was doing things correctly, but apparently I was wrong. It happens. We're human.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

im watching this
this is probably gonna make me more paranoid about America than i already am

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by freesprite

www.youtube.com...

idk how to embed lol

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
what is it?

EDIT: DARNIT!
edit on 26-11-2010 by ChaosMagician because: because I'm slow

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
This why I love this country:

I am very proud to be called an American, my family emigrated here in the late 1800's, early 1900's, There is no other country like it in the world. I'm not happy with the way things are currently going, but if enough of us pull together, we CAN make a difference and change things, make her the country EVERYONE can be proud top be from again

It starts with ONE PERSON, should it be you?

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   

I'm looking to live in a place free from genocide, war, starvation, epidemic disease, civil unrest, or totalitarian government systems. A place that is reasonably safe. A place with decent work opportunities, and adequate hospitals.

There is this place called Utopia land. This guy by the name of Karl Marx thought of it. The Russians tried to create it but it unfortunately backfired miserably.

The best solution is to either:

A) Pick the side that has the baddest ass weapons when a war does occur.

or

B) Try to start your own Utopia land, but eventually a country with genocide, war, starvation, epidemic disease, civil unrest, and/or totalitarian government systems will locate your land and say hello.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
No country can compare to the united states really i wouldnt leave the usa i love this country to much to leave!

reply to post by DINSTAAR

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join