It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News! Has A Mini Ice Age Just Begun? The Jet Stream Has Gone Haywire!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

i trust the climate scientists, who have spent their lifetime studying this, over profit or politically motivated people.

Funny, because Phil Jones of the CRU and the German "father of the 2 degree C theory" both admit that AGW IS POLITICAL. They HAD to pick a number and a cause to motivate financial supporters to subsidize their pet programs and theories.

Funny how THAT doesn't get widespread news, isn't it? Read up, and you will see.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by discl0sur3
Remember The Day After Tomorrow? In this movie the North Atlantic Current essentially shuts down, which prevents warm equatorial waters from reaching Northern Europe and Northeast United States. The Gulf Stream is what keeps the east coast of the U.S. as well as Britain and Europe temperate. The result is an immediate climate shift into an Ice Age.

The last time this is thought to have happened (the 8.2ya event) it resulted in a catastrophic drop in average temperatures across Europe of ....... 1c.

So given recent warming, a similar event today may plunge us back into the ice age environment of the, um, 1970s .....
edit on 25-11-2010 by Essan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJ

Here in NW FL. right now...cloudy with some rain in the area..will be mostly mild during the day time next
week but a few nights will be 38 or 40. It is usually in Dec. when the temps begin to drop..you get so used
to the warmth that the cold coming in hardly seems real..it is !! burrr ..those winds can make a person
miserable esp with high humidity which happens quite often. I used to use the bus system to get to work
and back and yeah, felt like my hands had frostbite almost a few times. We have had some rough stormy
weather in Dec. which included some small hail. Have seen warm Christmas days..least one that I recall.
Up north..mid atlantic area where I used to live..was t-shirt weather Christmas day ..that was in the 1960s
so it can vary quite a bit over the decades.
When we see weird hurricane looking systems above us during the winter guess we'd better get ready for
anything huh? One wonders what all those so called fema camps are really for..for us, for THEM?
who knows. If anything unusual happens here I will try to let you know.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Weird, here on the eastern seaboard of the USA, it's been, dare I say, normal. After snowmageddon last year just blanketed the east coast, this year so far it's been business as usual.

Guess it's weather karma or something. Anybody else on the east coast of the USA? I'm near Baltimore, MD btw.
edit on 25-11-2010 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

Personally, when you say 'Ice Age' i don't believe it... it's not going to get so cold that we freeze to death or die because of it... its not going to be like it was in 'the day after tomorrow'.... all that is happening is we are going through a cycle of weather.... the seasons are now changing back to what they were like 30 to 40 years ago.... it was cold then with tons of snow but we lived through it....

It will most probably be like this for another 20 or 30 years before switching back round again....

Snow for 20 years..... i like snow.... until it turns to ice

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DEEZNUTZ

Glad to see you back on here posting.

and yeah i know what you mean regarding posts of late .

snoopyuk
edit on 25-11-2010 by snoopyuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I always get a laugh that every year in almost every season, without fail, you have people on these forums claiming the weather is "weird" or "alarming" for "this time of the year". Its so funny, cause if its "weird" every year, which it is according to these forums, then it aint weird at all. They have a few warm days in fall/winter or cold ones in summer and suddenly the world is ending.

Relax a bit people, all of you who are posting that your weather is "weird" seem a bit uneducated to how weather works and are suffering from subjective validation and confirmation bias. I'd like to see scientific data to support claims of an iceage starting or that the weather has been significantly different than the averages of other years and what not rather than people's vague assertions that weather is "weird" where they are. Also can we please get a better source than a site called "signs of the times", which doesn't sound very objective, for once?
edit on 25-11-2010 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I remember when I was younger, there would be lightning during a blizzard, school would be canceled for several days at a time, and we had actual winter weather. We would actually have snow in the the 2 ft + range all winter. That was only 20 years ago now, but I am ready to get back to those days. I am ready for a mini ice age; I'm kinda jealous that Napoleon got to experience it and I didn't. Although, I am sad that I don't get to have a medieval warm period either. Too much CO2 or not enough now... dammit, I wish they would make up my mind.

Ah, c'est la vie

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

Interesting it wasnt soppose to snow today and it did (Im in wisconsin)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
The most recent and logical explanation I can think of is the Corexit spray introduced to the environment this summer. The bird migratory patterns are off this year as well, which I was discussing on another thread. Have you guys forgot the implications of Corexit and all the events that could happen because of this stuff after it was sprayed? There was countless expert testimony all over the net, and news some posted here on ATS as well. So don’t rule out the most logical, Corexit Dispersant. BP was warned of this, and it’s effects that it could have in the later months following the spill. That would bring it to about now.
edit on 25-11-2010 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-11-2010 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SJE98

Mmm that's interesting... the Corexit thing....

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
The theory in the movie "The Day After Tomorrow" was based on the desalinization (or desalination) of sea water due to the melting polar ice. Once it reaches a critical level of desalinisation it will stop the north Atlantic sea current, which will obviously affect the climate around the globe. Nobody knows when that will happen, but when it does happen, nobody will be arguing if there is something wrong with the weather. We will simply know that something is definitely wrong, and fear will strike everywhere.
edit on 25-11-2010 by Lusitaniax because: format text

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
HAARP & Chem Trails

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
How ironic.

I was just talking about this at work.

its going to be funny when i come in tomorrow and say it actually happened

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
pff it got 75+ f in my room this morning, i had to turn on the ac for a while, i live in socal btw

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
*sigh* Here we go again.
Every Summer its OMG heatwave panic panic solar flares, we're all gonna fry, global warming.
Every Winter it OMG freeze, ice age, coldest winter ever.
Here is my I think 4th seasonal hysteria post to say as always...
See you in the Summer for the Heat wave hysterics.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Dallas area here.

We've had a fairly mild summer. Not too many 100 plus days.

Last winter we had about a foot of snow, a bit more further east. It was amazing. My daughter actually got to experience REAL snow! Last time we had anything close was when I was about 18 and we had about 8".

Regardless, I'm not too worried. We will overcome, adapt, and improvise!

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
In the UK here, it is 03:39 at the time of posting, we have the central heating on and I am still freezing.

Cannot remember feeling the chill with the heating on before, but who knows?

Regards, Skellon.
edit on 25-11-2010 by Skellon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Really? Man I was just getting used to global warming, Now I'll have to sell my shorts and flip flops and buy another ski suit for the summer..

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I'm not so sure about the global warming or ice age arguments, I've seen evidence for both and I think there is equal possibilities. That being said, it seems that global weather patterns are increasing in extremes, droughts and floods, freezing temperatures and sweltering heatwaves. The last couple of days in the Pacific NW have been the coldest I can remember in ten years of living here. I don't seem to recall ever having black ice for days and bursting pipes before Thanksgiving, ever. I imagine there are some statistics that will show otherwise and I'll look for them after posting this, but for now I think we are in for some interesting times ahead. Perhaps the extremes of the earth, parallel the extremes of the human cultures of these times, division and community, war and peace, abundance and poverty, all to the extremes until the seams burst and a midline or balance is reached again. Balance, a soothing word and a profound concept.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join