Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Breaking News! Has A Mini Ice Age Just Begun? The Jet Stream Has Gone Haywire!

page: 1
56
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
+10 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   






posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I was listening to one of Canadas leading climatologists ( i forget his name but)
he explained that right now we have standing wave patterns because of the situation in the OP. This explains while south, and central, Ontario had a easy warm sunny winter last year, and two indian summers this year so far...and the US further south is getting the winter weather we would normally expect.


I guess it isn't global warming any more its climate change which trading carbon credits will magically stop.
edit on 24-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3
 


I know very little about the science aspect of this, but I can vouch to say that here in the Midwest of the USA we are having VERY weird weather right now. It was in the low 30s one day and 70 the next and two air masses converged creating some unexpected and nasty tornadoes just a couple of days ago. Now there is snow and freezing rain coming in with blizzard warnings being issued, mixed with thunderstorms. Not unheard of, but weird for this time of year nonetheless. Also, we have been breaking several records this month heat-wise, a couple days ago a 100 year record for heat this time of year was broken. This past October was one of the hottest on record for years also.The jet streams do indeed seem haywire. To me it's looking like we are going to have an interesting (miserable) winter this year, in this part of the states.

The sheer fact that I was able to open all my house's windows for a whole day near the end of November no less was a nice treat, but the actual weather going on outside aside from the temperature, was very unsettled. We had tornado watches the whole day, and I just knew it was going to pop some out, it was unusually humid. It's a shame some kids got hurt in the process, from a bus accident. We just don't expect this weather at this time of the year here, this is spring weather. We got two springs this year...
edit on 11/24/2010 by SpaceJ because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
According to a few, this is what we will see. There is also evidence that the past Ice Ages began rather abruptly. This would explain why the Jews moved from central Europe to Egypt, 5 thousand years ago. I guess all the fighting around Israel trying to re-establish a base in the middle of Palestine is warranted. They want a base of operations for future ice ages, just like their ancestors did.

It also seems that the severity of the Ice Ages were dependent on the addition of cometary impact scenarios, in conjunction with or resulting in the mini Ice Ages. The Gulf disaster could have been a man made attempt at cometary impact, possibly?



posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3
 


Well, this is just fun in the sun. Looks like it's going to be a hard winter in Northern Europe :/ Things have been pretty crazy here in the States, too. I live in the Southeast, and we had about half a dozen significant snowfalls last winter. That's pretty much unheard of here.
edit on 24-11-2010 by gnosticquasar because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I have heard various theories that humans have been able to take over their environment due to an interlude in the ice age. This ice age has been continued by burning carbon sources then by burning fossil fuels etc. That is why I am not entirely buying climate change. Not for the reason that temperatures may have risen over the short term, but in the long term there is no statistically significant difference.



posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceJ
reply to post by discl0sur3
 


I know very little about the science aspect of this, but I can vouch to say that here in the Midwest of the USA we are having VERY weird weather right now. It was in the low 30s one day and 70 the next and two air masses converged creating some unexpected and nasty tornadoes just a couple of days ago. Now there is snow and freezing rain coming in with blizzard warnings being issued, mixed with thunderstorms. Not unheard of, but weird for this time of year nonetheless. Also, we have been breaking several records this month heat-wise, a couple days ago a 100 year record for heat this time of year was broken. This past October was one of the hottest on record for years also.The jet streams do indeed seem haywire. To me it's looking like we are going to have an interesting (miserable) winter this year, in this part of the states.


I'm in the same boat. I live up here in Edmonton Alberta and we've experienced extremely unusual weather patterns this year. Thunder & lightning storms like I've never seen, massive flooding to the East of me, very few clear days...not to mention I heard we were the second coldest place on the planet yesterday second only to Antarctica



posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
This information isn't breaking, it has been around for months.

It may be the case. We will see, however there are other factors affecting the weather - including the shift in the poles which is going on. I don't know if solar flares can affect it too - 'cos we're being bombarded with them too. Not to mention human weather wars, which I personally believe is not just a theory....and chemtrails. I guess we can take our pick!

Sadly, when we treat our wonderful mother earth like a garbage can, we can expect to reap the consequences sooner or later.



posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3
 


It would be incorrect to say it has never happened, it just hasn't happened while we were watching it.

This is but one of the issues that climate models which include human impact have predicted.

This could be natural, most likely it is a combination of natural effects that are being magnified by our involvement. There are a lot of things going on right now with increased volcanic activity added to the mix more recently.

The switch may have been thrown on our roller coaster. weeeeeeeeee!



posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
This information isn't breaking, it has been around for months.

It may be the case. We will see, however there are other factors affecting the weather - including the shift in the poles which is going on. I don't know if solar flares can affect it too - 'cos we're being bombarded with them too. Not to mention human weather wars, which I personally believe is not just a theory....and chemtrails. I guess we can take our pick!

Sadly, when we treat our wonderful mother earth like a garbage can, we can expect to reap the consequences sooner or later.





I would agree that the Gulf Loop stall is old news, however; the Jet Stream anomalies and freezing temperatures in Europe are certainly recent developments. The most alarming aspect is that these changes were predicted by several leading climatologists back in August!



posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
In the south, Texas, we are having WEIRD weather.

I'M TALKING QUANTUM PHYSICS WEIRD!

It's basically summer over here.(With school)


+6 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
What is it with the crazy talk every winter??

For goodness sake it's winter of course it's going to be cold!! I remember when I was a boy in the 70's we used to get thick snow every year here on the east coast of england.

I distinctly remember being sent home routeenly each winter from school because the pipes had burst....

We have had unusually mild winters these last few years, I welcome the change back to how it was before. You know in England these last few years have been a uniform grey sky autumn winter spring with only two weeks of sun to look forward to.

I want the old ways back : -

September to late November

Bright blue skies and crisp air and red dry leaves on the ground in autumn with occasional fog and mist.

December to March

Cold frosty snowy but bright winters with a mix of deep snowy grey skies or blue after snow skies.

April to Early June

Warm springs with light chill breezes and pink blossom in front of pale blue sky.

June to Late August

And the red heat of summer where the only time you had to worry about getting wet was the occasional thunder storms....

This is how England used to be pepered witht he ussual rain falls.

And it will be again.

Korg.

edit on 24-11-2010 by Korg Trinity because: Spelling :@:



posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by binomialtheorem
 


The weather is like the wind from decade to decade, so fret not young grasshoppers; you aint seen nothing yet and it's all perfectly natural.



posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3
 


Yes, temperatures have seemed oddly switched this whole fall. Last month it was colder here than it was in Alaska and certain parts of Canada. Then it would be very hot the next day. Very erratic.



posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen
 
I have heard nothing of a polar shift. Where did you get this?



posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fiberx
reply to post by discl0sur3
 


It would be incorrect to say it has never happened, it just hasn't happened while we were watching it.

This is but one of the issues that climate models which include human impact have predicted.

This could be natural, most likely it is a combination of natural effects that are being magnified by our involvement. There are a lot of things going on right now with increased volcanic activity added to the mix more recently.

The switch may have been thrown on our roller coaster. weeeeeeeeee!


I agree with you, it wasn't my quote. I believe our weather patterns are cyclical and we only possess a very short history so "normal weather" is subjective terminology.

Your "roller coaster switch" analogy hits the nail on the head IMO.



posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I'm laughing really hard right now...imagine the movie "the day after tomorrow" being right? Look at what has been happening and tell me if I'm crazy, terrible summer for much of the world, bad winter starting already (-45 C in Calgary in November is not normal), the gulf stream is dead apparantly, European jetstream is busted, and looking at weather maps the jetstream in NA looks lower then normal(speculation). I wonder if we should be more worried about Mexican drug cartels, seeing as we will all be living in Mexico soon


Jester



posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by binomialtheorem
In the south, Texas, we are having WEIRD weather.

I'M TALKING QUANTUM PHYSICS WEIRD!

It's basically summer over here.(With school)


No doubt.. it got cold just long enough for my body to acclimate, then bam 70s and 80s again.. meh.



posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Im in the south of england right next to london....and i see nothing different to last year, or the year previous to that.

Its not even that cold here at the moment...after watching the weather i was expecting to be waking up freezing cold but the temp seems pretty normal down here for the time of the year.
The only thing i hope is that my council is prepared for snow this year...i dont find it funny having to spend 2 hours in my car to go 1 mile lol.



posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Weather here in my part of the northeast ( Maine) has been some what weird lately. In June of '09 it rained for 21 days straight. Rain is expected at that time of year but 21 days staight is unheard of. This year fall season has been random with the temps. We would go from 70 to 35 in a matter of a couple days. We have only had a few cold days in my part and still have not got any snow here on the coast. Snow is expected by now if even only a dusting. Seeing as I hate the snow and cold temps i'm not complaining at all, just find it very odd.





new topics

top topics



 
56
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join