It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News! Has A Mini Ice Age Just Begun? The Jet Stream Has Gone Haywire!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

i hear ya ,

i ve been trying on each and every thread about this global phenomenon called weather to tell people that here in the (65 , 25) north where its cold during winter we will notice if it becomes anything out of the "norm" .

i expect this winter to be that of the norm with a peak of -30c / -35c and idling around -15c / -20c
with about 50-70cm of snow on my yard,

if it deviates I and plenty of other will tell you and while you ponder about weather enjoy the regularities in the irregularities of whats subjectively called normal.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Ohhh noooooo the sky is falling in... run everyone duck for cover...

Wait... oh never mind false alarm it's only snow, who would have thought it was snowing in winter??

Korg.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

So far, this month defied the Almanac's predictions. Here in southern Manitoba, snow came late, in fact we had a mild November up till a week ago. SouthMan is notorious for cold, bitter windy winters and so far we got off pretty good.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
The general pattern of the weather worldwide reported here seems that it is not either consistent cooling or consistent warming. It looks like it's rather the erratic pattern of the weather that concerns us. What would be the probability that this may have something to do with the Planet X. I remember seeing the picture of the axis of the earth wobbling from the 24 hour exposure picture of the heavenly bodies exposed at night full cycle. It wasn't perfect circle. The circles were losing the focul point which means the earth is wobbling.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by monkey_descendant

The Secret History of The World by Laura Knight-Jadczyk is a good place to start. Whether you personally believe this or not is not the issue here. From what I understand about our situation to be, this material is a very close representation about what our true history factually is.

If you reject this information as being fabricated, you have already made up your mind about this from what you have been taught. Much like the Christians and Muslims killing each other all in the name of God. Likely the same God.

People mostly seem to believe what they are taught from childhood. What if we were taught a false History because of a hidden agenda? This is where Earth's inhabitants are right now, living with a pack of lies.

I can't go back to believing this pack of lies, now that I know they are lies. Once I began reading Laura Knight's works, I became aware that other people were seeing similar things wrong with world societies as what I was seeing. This is more a confirmation for me than anything else. I have not had to change my position about worldly issues but rather have been helped to see things more clearly.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Allready a couple of months ago I heard people saying that this winter is going to be the coldest in a 1000 year !

So maybe now there is a prediction wich actualy come true.

Anyway, I live in the Netherlands.... and I don't like the winter...
so personaly I hope this one is not coming true...

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
this would agree with my thread/interview with a man from the future. seek and read.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
I was listening to one of Canadas leading climatologists ( i forget his name but)
he explained that right now we have standing wave patterns because of the situation in the OP. This explains while south, and central, Ontario had a easy warm sunny winter last year, and two indian summers this year so far...and the US further south is getting the winter weather we would normally expect.

I guess it isn't global warming any more its climate change which trading carbon credits will magically stop.

edit on 24-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

of course it's global warming...guess what...it's hot in the southern hemisphere this time of year. the extremes of ALL types of weather are exactly what the climatologists said would happen when atmospheric temperture rises.
because you are not seeing it happen all at once, does not mean it isn't occuring. i trust the climate scientists, who have spent their lifetime studying this, over profit or politically motivated people.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

I think without having any real meteorological backing behind this thread a more simple explanation for these weather patterns is the fact that we have a very strong La Nina this year, which means the eastern pacific waters are colder than usual. Last year we had a strong EL Nino which means means warmer waters in the eastern pacific. I am not going to spell it all for you so simple reading here la nina and you will see the effects of a strong la nina. I am not one hundred percent sure if the nac is dead. That would take even more digging at sea temperatures in the Atlantic.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
The orbital dynamics of the Earth around the Sun has changed slightly, happens about every 200,000 years or so... It causes "climate change" and extremes in weather, weather anomalies etc. No amount of climate regulations, laws, treaties, legislation and taxes will change this.

We're going to have cold winters and hot summers, and the variances will grow more unpredictable, add in other factors like volcanic activity, methane gas eruptions, carbon emissions etc and it can cause even more slight variances, where a tipping point occurs we can slip into an Ice Age, or an elongated period of warming.

Man in his entirely insignificant arrogance assumes he can alter the climate.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
The Ice core samples show erratic weather patterns around the time we are now in.

There is no global warming worthy of a carbon tax. There is only so much carbon available, on Earth. How can we produce more than what was already here? It is a joke and a money grab, is all.

Those same ice core samples showed that temperatures were only a few degrees colder than during the warm times. There were seasons and times to harvest, just not where the ice was. Life there was more demanding as food was the main focus.

We could be in for a rough winter this year, especially if one of those fireballs touches down striking water, land or both.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamjesusphish

I think without having any real meteorological backing behind this thread a more simple explanation for these weather patterns is the fact that we have a very strong La Nina this year, which means the eastern pacific waters are colder than usual. Last year we had a strong EL Nino which means means warmer waters in the eastern pacific. I am not going to spell it all for you so simple reading here la nina and you will see the effects of a strong la nina. I am not one hundred percent sure if the nac is dead. That would take even more digging at sea temperatures in the Atlantic.

Well it seems that Im pretty much the only meteorological backing here

And as I mentioned its consistent with a La Nina weather pattern. You are absolutely spot on

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Im in Barcelona, Spain. Seasons are now abrputly kicking in or they're more like decreed than slowly transforming, but yet they fit their usual timings as if some robot-god up there just removed one to put the next in place.

We've been warned of a temperature drop expected for saturday. It's a regular november weather until now though. I'll keep you posted. Hope that JET STREAM has not stopped, just wintertime coming.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Its still pretty much normal winter weather here in Finland, but its more dry than last year. Temperatures are like they were in 90s. Last winter was cold, but it seems winters are getting even colder. High pressure has been here for weeks and cold arctic wind breeze.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I live in Northern North Dakota and all last month and into the middle of this month people were telling me that the weather was just insane. One older lady told me that not once in 65 years has she had to cut her grass in Nov. but she did this year. One day it was 68 degrees, the next it was 20 with snow falling. We have now had three snow falls in the last couple of weeks. Oh and it was snowing here in the middle of May. Even for here thats odd.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
This has happened a few times in fact it happens all the time now and then, and is the sole reason some winters are harsher than others in northern europe and some are very mild,

Nothing to worry about the same happened last year and we are not in an ice age

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
ah... I'm so happy that winter finally will come to us - at last some snow and cold. I hope that next week I will be able to ice-skate on river and pond. Well it's about the time winter started - it's just week to December.

A minute ago striped field mouse was just caught in my brutal soviet mouse trap - smash to the head - a death in an instant. This one was lucky if the mouse doesn't get it's head smashed but some other part of body it's pretty much a hell on earth for it. I gave it's dead body to my dog - swallowed it in an instant.

OK. Back to the point. The case is - that it's striped field mouse not house mouse. And it's second one in few days that means we are to see low temperatures in nearest future. It's an old wisdom "If field mouse comes to the house - cold weather is coming." - and meteorologists were right too. Average day temperatures are dropping:
it was average +5 Celsius 2 days ago
now it's about -4 Celsius now
day after tomorrow -7 Celsius

Is it cataclysmic? No. Last 10 day cycle (11.11.-20.11.) was 5 degrees Celsius above average. The weather is normalizing. And winter is about to start in North as it always does when December is coming. It's winter - as we call it in Latvia ZIEMA. Nothing to worry about.

Last year was coldest and with the most snow in 200 years of Latvian meteorologic history. And my grandma who is 85 years old said that in her lifetime she haven't witnessed such high water level in time of spring flood in river near our house.

Will this be even colder and with more snow? I don't know we will see. For now we have nothing to worry about.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

First, your "SOURCE" is not a source, it is a BLOG. Blogs are hearsay with no value except as opinions.

Second, the "Gulf Loop" is NOT the same as the "Gulf Stream."

Third, the Gulf Loop never stopped, or was even affected.

Why has ATS turned into an idiots playground? It used to be so nice around here. (Must be the AGW, Nibiru, and 9-11 neuroses.)
edit on 25-11-2010 by jdub297 because: edit to ask about the playground

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I am in Texas also. For the past few days my AC has been running like crazy, and now a blue northern will be knocking on our door tomorrow. Seriously I was running around in shorts and a tee today, tomorrow I will have to dress like Nanuk of the North.

That is NORMAL Texas weather,

I was 6 years old in 1963, in short sleeves and throwing balsa-wood gliders with my brother on Thanksgiving; we were just talking about that this morning.

Deny ignorance

jw

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by R_Clark
This is really important.. and the news is widening on this issue... It seems that Spain will be effected as the JS now is looping there..

Jet Stream Gone Haywire! "Significant" Snow Falls for Europe Predicted by Mid-Week
www.sott.net...

You obviously either didn't read the OP's linked "SOURCE," or couldn't understand what you were looking at.

"sott.net" IS the OP's "source." The "news is[n't] widening."

Welcome to the "playground."

deny ignorance

jw
edit on 25-11-2010 by jdub297 because: welcomed to idiots playground

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join